Did anyone else see Kizumonogatari part 3 today?

Did anyone else see Kizumonogatari part 3 today?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Souls_101/status/851563548270616579
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I was just about to make this thread

Did you see it in Village East Cinema?

Yes I fucking did.
I was hoping to bump into someone from Sup Forums but there was no thread up.

im going again tonight to a different venue because the one i saw it at initially didnt have posters
at least it's good enough to go see again

I was around the center seats with a friend of mine. We sat next to some guy playing F/GO

There where some faggots behind us talking about bitcoins and minecraft

The thought that there was someone else in this thread feels weird

I'm so relieved to finally have all three posters.
I was really expecting something to go wrong and not get the last one

Fuck I just noticed I forgot to get my poster from my friend since he was holding on to mine.

>We sat next to some guy playing F/GO

Holy fuck there is a very good chance that was me.
twitter.com/Souls_101/status/851563548270616579

screw you and your competent theater

Saw it Sunday, didn't get a poster though. Had to ebay them. I did go see Kimi No Na Wa afterwards, and fell in love with that movie too. Would rewatch both, but only Kimi No Na Wa is playing close to me.

Also if anyone is willing to part with a part 1 poster, I'm offering 80 bucks for it. Throw away is [email protected]

I was on the set of seats below you if you saw some guy playing on a 3ds.

I saw it on Friday at the LA premier.

It was fun ride, but now I'm a little sad that this will be the end of Monogatari on the big screen.

I ended up picking the BD for the first movie, and completed by collection of both sets of posters. I just need to get 3 frames for the first set and one more frame for the movie poster sized set.

Pretty good final movie. The scene with Hanekawa was fun and funny, the fight itself was fun, and the final few scenes were surprisingly dark and heavy. I enjoyed it quite a bit

Just so this thread isn't just /soc/ lite, what did you guys think of the part?
I can't really decide if this or part 2 was better, but it was definitely a good finish, they really upped the gore too.
I didn't see a 3DS but I think the guy just below me was on steam on his phone.

The theater in San Diego was out of posters today

I thought it was the best part. Full-powered Kiss-
Shot was just perfect. The rooftop scene, that laugh when she regained her original power, the final fight. The melancholy ending where even becomes miserable. It was all pretty great. I went it having already read Kizu, but I was still blown away by the direction they ended up taking.

I really enjoyed Part 2 cause of the Hanekawa/Arragi scenes, ironically before seeing Kizu Hane was easily one of my least favorite characters and the movie really made me grow to like her.

Their one major scene with the breast fondling was pretty great, though I wish he just went for it, I felt a bit cheated with him pussying out.

>Their one major scene with the breast fondling was pretty great, though I wish he just went for it, I felt a bit cheated with him pussying out.
I've never felt so blue balled in a movie theater

The movie did help me understand visually that Hanekawa is a literal nutcase. It's no wonder Araragi can't even fathom thinking of Hanekawa in a romantic light. Either her desperation for a friend, her desperation to kill herself to escape her home, or her desire to always do the right thing even if it means dying. You really can't think of a person like that as even remotely sane. It kind of puts into perspective as to why Araragi never noticed her advances, or if he did notice them, chose to ignore them. Dating Jesus would be weird.

Are you talking post Kizu? Cause during Kizu itself it seemed like Araragi was getting pretty feely when it came to her and I thought that even after dating Senjou he always in the back of his head loved Hanekawa but dated Senjou to keep her safe.

He thinks she is unobtainable for a guy like him, and she is a coward. Senjougahara sniped her on the Araragi train.

And Hachikuji outshone them both.
Pls be gentle, Mayoi Hell.

Anyone here agree with what Araragi did in the end?

Shinobu is perfect but lets not mince words here

Arararagi is a fucking HORRIBLE human bean for not killing her

No, he was being selfish. But so was everyone else, so it really evens out. They only people that were cucked even though they did nothing wrong was humanity.

>Have to deal with the fact that if Araragi ever dies, Shinobu is going to go on a killing spree slaughtering everything in her path.

As someone who only watched S1 of Bake (back when it aired even so I barely remember it) is Shinobu basically retarded Kiss-shot? Throughout Bake she basically didn't say a word but I know in the newer stuff she begins talking and stuff. Does she have memory of what happened or is like a reborned person?

It's just Kissshot at stage 1 basically. Not a vampire, and not nearly as powerful. She's just pissed at Araragi in Bake, and finally warms up to him in Nise.

Only because you saw Kizu visually. The movies didn't have any of his monologues where he keeps putting her in a higher and higher pedestal the more they interact.

No, she's just Kiss-Shot, but her mentality has been sort of de-aged because Araragi sees her as an 8-year old girl. She still remembers everything, she just doesn't talk because at that point in time, she still loathes Araragi for not killing her.

She starts talking again once they begin to reconcile and she finally forgives him in her own way by choosing to be his servant again when their connection is severed.

Sometimes you need to hold onto a perfect girl no matter the cost. It works out for her in the end anyways.

>I'm sick of living, I have made the fully understood choice of wanting to die
>no fuck you

Three part movie just for that

Thats the best Araragi face

>what do you mean vampires eat people to survive?

Reminder that due to Araragi fucking up with Math, he became emo so no way is he gonna let Bat commit suicide in Kizu.

If you remember the time travel shrine arc, Araragi was a good nice boy when he was like a little kid.

She was really mad at him for not killing her. After sometime she got bored and opened her mouth never to shut down ever.

>Araragi was a good nice boy when he was like a little kid.

According to Hanekawa, the Fire Sisters are a pale imitation of how Araragi was in middle school.

This is why kids shouldn't be watching Kamen Rider

Fuck the Angelika theater for that.

Why does it make you rapist?

Were they out there as well? I went to the Town Square Theater.

>tfw I was in the same room as these autists
Where did you guys sit? And why do so many mexicans like anime?

I sat in the very back at Town Square, the theater was really empty.

>nobody who gives a fuck about you
>no chance to just have a fun conversation
>this goes on for 598 years with only a couple brief, tragic exceptions
>finally someone to talk to
>you both have fun with it
Makes sense that she never stops.

Yep. I went in when when the theater was about a quarter full, and they were already out of posters. Which sucks because I already had a frame ready for it.

I got one? I dunno what you're talkin' about.

>Where did you guys sit? And why do so many mexicans like anime?

It's San Diego, what else would you expect.

You lucky bastard.

At the Angelika theatre they had like, two left at first. But then they went off to the back and pulled out a huge pack of them. You just had to ask the people at the counter for one.

I did. Before the movie, and after. Did this happen after?

It amazed me how this never occurred to him

Right before. Like 10-15 minutes before the movie. They handed me the last one, then they went out and got more a couple minutes later. I saw them holding a big stack of them as I was waiting in line for a drink.

Damn, I wasn't meant to get one, it seems.

>I knew it from the start. I was just averting my eyes.

He's an idiot who doesn't think things through obviously.

Why do you bother correcting people, they're either retarded or shitposting.

Why didn't Araragi just like...ask Kiss-shot to only eat bad people?

Somehow the world still hasn't crushed my boundless optimism. Maybe I'm talking to anons who will actually learn.

Because she probably wouldn't comply? She doesn't care who she eats.

I don't know man, she seemed pretty fond of Araragi and it wouldn't hurt to ask.
I mean we know she wanted to die so she wouldn't have said yes, but he didn't know that.

Because even Araragi wouldn't agree with him. For him even bad people deserve to live.

She kinda does though. Kiss-Shot specifically eats the bare minimum number of humans possible to survive, which is half as many as is comfortable for a vampire.

>movie poster sized set
Was LA the only state giving out actual movie posters apart from portrait boards?

I didn't get the chance to get the portrait boards. At this point I'm considering using pic related to create a custom poster or go authentic and try to order from the aniplex+ store to also get vinyl.

> She seemed pretty fond of Araragi

Doesn't mean she would have gone out of her way to find 'bad' people to eat, she didn't even give a shit about Hanekawa even though she was Araragi's friend.

Also this user has a point too , Araragi probably still wouldn't be ok with him or Kisshot being the ones who deem someone bad enough to be killed for it, I can't imagine he'd think it would be within his ability to judge that kind of thing.

She eats the bare number of people, but like I said, I can't imagine she gives a crap about who it is, she probably just chooses at random.

Well, if she cares about reducing the number of human casualties, then she probably also cares about minimum impact on humanity in general. So she probably does at least try to pick people who will be missed less. Kiss-Shot is a lot less aloof than she pretends to be.

I think eating the least amount of people she can is probably the furthest she goes with it. You have to remember that Kisshot still had a pretty fucked up view of humanity before she met Araragi, to the point that she just expected him to let himself die so she could be saved.

Its obvious that, despite wanting to keep her killings to a minimum, she didn't care enough to, what, look through the backgrounds of the people she was targeting, or check out whether some random person living alone in an apartment had family or something, it's going beyond the point that she would give a shit.

The way she acts with Araragi when they first meet is not her acting normally. It is her desperate and depressed. Probably not a good thing to extrapolate the rest of her behavior from. Though, yeah, everything we're doing is just guesswork.

She was THAT desperate and still acted prideful and snobbish until Araragi started to run off.

That says how important her pride is to her, not how she actually views humans. As the series goes on, her prideful mask falls apart more and more. Some of that might be her character changing, but stuff like claiming not to remember Seishirou's name because that would be below her had to have happened earlier.

Even if it was her pride, that still means she wouldn't have gone out of her way to kill 'bad' people just because Araragi asked her to.

If her pride was so important to her that she would still try to act cold and noble when she's literally about to die, why the hell do you think she'd change or complicate her hunting pattern beyond just eating less people? To the point where she would have to investigate said people?

She can basically use any justification she wants to satisfy it. "Oh look, I'm being magnanimous. I'm so great." Boom she can treat people as well as she wants with her pride satisfied. The thing that's hard for her is going back on anything she's already decided.

At this point it feels like you're just stretching for excuses.

The whole pride as a vampire thing means that she would have to be cold towards humans, she could claim not eating as many simply due to lazyness. But going out of her way to investigate potential people, whether they lived alone, whether they had family or not, and if they were considered "bad" people, is such a stupidly tedious effort that she obviously wouldn't have bothered because making up an excuse like that would basically be meaningless.

Not really. I'm just noting what I've observed about her over the course of the series. I'm not expecting her to conduct extensive research on people. She could just find the nearest prison and eat the meanest looking dude there.

Considering that Vampires are apparently meant to be myths and shit, I kind of doubt any of them would be into a picture of them being flashed on every news channel in the country as a random person who busted their way through prison walls and ate someone, MULTIPLE times.

That seems like the kind of shit they'd call exorcists for.

She's a shapeshifter. Wall busting is unnecessary. It would be more like a handful of mysterious prison disappearances a month apart, then she has to go somewhere else because staying in the same place too long causes supernatural disasters.

Still seems more high profile than any vampire would like.

It's not like she really has anything to worry about even if she does get caught. The whole thing isn't nearly as hard or detrimental to her as you're making it out to be.

Anyways, we're getting too much into minutia. What I'm trying to say is I would not be surprised if Kiss-Shot was willing to make a token effort to only eat "bad" people and that a token effort would be generally pretty successful.

Though Araragi probably still wouldn't accept that.

For Kisshot at least what we can glean from her attitude in/just before Kizu, it does seem like too much of a hassle for her to bother doing, not specifically hard, just tedious when it doesn't need to be, eating only once every month isn't really a chore, investigating people and having to judge whether they're bad enough to deserve to get killed, or breaking into places that may draw the attention of exorcists, seems like something no vampire would bother with.

If Araragi wouldn't accept it either way then your whole point is moot since Kisshot wouldn't decide to do that of her own accord if she wasn't doing it already, which she likely wasn't.

I really don't think Kiss-Shot is worried about being high profile. There are already tons of legends about her floating around and she even mocks Yotsugi for not being in history books.

I'm not . I'm just talking about Kiss-Shot's character.

Finally got my third poster, thankfully kapolei actually had them unlike ward

mad jelly, I got the first two but my theater ran out, maybe because there was a con the first showing. Whats the poster image?

This is.

is anyone selling their poster? fucking figures that the opening is literally the week i go to japan

no

Because Araragi is a retard.

Kissshot is powerful enough to not even need to feed daily like low ranking vampires.

I think Kissshot only needs to eat like once a month or was it once a year.

Araragi could just let her kill and eat some yakuza member.

You know, even a battle junkie like Kagenui isn't really that interested in fighting Kissshot for real.

She likes killing immortal monsters but I guess Kissshot is a line she doesn't want to cross.

I think in Kizu she said she needs to eat 2 people each year. Although I like Araragi as a MC (especially as an unreliable narrator), sometimes he just has brain fart.

hes way to self righteous to let her even eat scummy people like guillotinecutter

Yeah, even though Araragi is a moralfag, how does he have a problem with Kissshot getting drug dealers or murderers/hitmen off the streets, permanently.

I'm pretty sure she says she needs to eat at least one person per month.

Araragi would feel guilty no matter who got eaten so he wouldn't suggest it. Who is he to judge who is evil? Even then do they deserve death? Etcetera.

Kagenui seemed plenty interested in fighting Kiss-Shot to me.

I'm pretty sure it was once a month. I'd have to double check where I got that figure from though.

But He had no problem with Ononoki killing the orogami guy.

You know Araragi is a hypocrite, right?

When Araragi saw Bird get blown in half by Doll, you saw how Araragi turned Rage Mode with his fingers in a Claw Like Form, ready to tear Kagenui into pieces.

So don't pretend that Araragi is a Saint.

That was one of the Rare Occasions we saw Araragu turn Full Rage Murderer Mode.

Because he probably doesn't think it's up to him to judge people like that.

Fuck, he's become friends with Kisshot/Shinobu even knowing that she's technically a mass murderer.

He still hangs out with Doll even though he saw Doll kill another human being right in front of him.

He did have a massive problem with it though. That was a major plot point in the arc. Stop playing LoL while watching Monogatari.

Considering the context of the situation it's not surprising that Araragi's reason was thrown out the window, and it's not really fair to use that as an example. We're talking about Araragi making a decision in a totally calm environment, not after he's just seen his sister 'killed'

He didn't tell Doll to fuck off forever from his life afterwards, though.

Like Doll is still part of his life.

He doesn't want Yotsugi to die for it though, he wants her to change.

He doesn't want anyone to die. That's the point.

he still looks down on it, hes doesnt condone it, where as with bat it was directly related to him, therefore in his mind it would be his fault.
i never meant to make him out as a saint. i think that as a human being hes a piece of shit who got his morality from watching too much shounen anime