YOUJO SENKI

Poor Tanya finally can drink wine after 10 long years

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C7cPUez_7v8
youtube.com/watch?v=akBq5IM0EMI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Timeskip when?

Good question

I can't wait for 30+ year old cake Hitler!

Is this official art of adult Tanya?

No.

She either dies or breaks and begs for mercy, thats the foregone conclusion.
And im willing to bet she breaks in the end.

>tanya will never look like a normal adult female because Being X is a lolicon
Fuck this guy.

if we ever get cake tanya i'm going to BUST the biggest NUT and end the war for her

Doubt it. My money is on the real God intervening and changing the situation.

>Tanya will never force herself on Lehrgen and have her way with him
Dammit.

At the end she becomes a mercenry for notUsa after notGermany gets nuked

We can still hope.

When will the OST be released? I want to listen to the "The Empire is about to BTFO you" on loop

Did these two gals honored the jingos?
youtube.com/watch?v=C7cPUez_7v8
youtube.com/watch?v=akBq5IM0EMI

She'll get there. All she needs to do is be right a couple more times and he'll be worshiping her.

Just as planned!

Is it just me or does anyone else REALLY want to see Tanya utterly crush this series' Mary Sue(Her literal name)? I want to see her sink into an utter despair where not even her precious Being X could save her.

I'd be surprised if he ever stops being wary of her to some degree, but you never know.

I honestly kind of hope that she actually poses a threat to Tanya. Tanya's been getting through things far too easily and the Type 95 makes her obscenely overpowered in almost every situation. Literal Mary Sue though she may be, she does have good reason to pursue Tanya and could make for a good long-term Nemesis. There really needs to be a longterm Ace-vs-Ace thing going on, and she could easily be the Amuro to Tanya's Char. Which would be great.

Dunno if any LN readers know what happens on that end, but it'd be neat to know.

Oh of course it's obvious that she's going to be written as a direct antithesis of Tanya and a worthy adversary, but I still hope Tanya will win over her in the end.

In the Webnovel she eventually does.

Acording to some anons in older threads, Mary can easily overpower Tanya, but its too blinded in rage, and too much of an amateur to win.

Are there translate of what happen after the anime?

Sounds plausible. Presumably Entity X can pour as much power into her as it feels is necessary or give her something even more broken than the Type 95, but actually making her competent without corresponding experience is probably a different issue altogether.
So I guess it's much like Char in his custom Zaku vs Amuro in the RX-78. Neat.

Someone dumped spoilers of volume 2-4 when the anime just started. I think there's a mention of "Kampfgruppe" so maybe you can use that as keyword.

God is good

Leave Tanya to me!

How different is the LN from the anime?
Seems like the anime has some touches that I like, but I don't remember them from what little I read, the author likes to talk about a lot of other things for some reason too.

You just get regular progression for the whole thing, then a timeskip epilogue.

The author really loves padding his shit to make it seem longer

At least we know more about Tanya's personality and she's a history buff.

For the period covered by the anime:

-Anson really dies at the fjord battle
-Being X's only obvious intervention regarding Tanya post-resurrection is to grant the elenium relic. Also X makes itself manifest as judeo-christian (or Monty Python) bearded god or angels, not possessed stuff. Zettour learned of her due to the war college review, not because of "Deus lo vult", Anson doesn't get superpowered, no talking corpse, etc.
-the reason for granting the relic is primarily to bring faith to the world at large by display the might of god's apostle, not specifically to fuck with Tanya. Schugel's little toy just happened to be the best potential relic and making Tanya the apostle is a bonus.
-It follows that X is not in fact out to kill Tanya, on the contrary the stuff it does is to help her be said apostle.
-as a general trend all the shit that happens to Tanya, she brought upon herself by trying to be the model little soldier and not getting that it's only prompting people to send her to the front, such as the way she impresses Zettour. X has very little to do with it.
-you could argue that the anime merely doesn't make this very clear, but it's not that Tanya needs to say a prayer to use the relic, it's the relic that forces her to pray when using it. The mind control progressively expands, such as her acquiring a rosary during her unit's training and having long blackouts where she doesn't know what she did.
-Tanya doesn't enjoy playing the little girl to fool listeners during the capital raid and loathes every second of it.
-I suppose it could be used as an opener in a potential season 2, but there's post-war segments where we follow a group of british journalists trying to track down a mysterious war secret that we know is obviously Tanya.

Beyond that, a lot of stuff is just better detailed and so motivations tend to make more sense. All in all the anime changes things up to make X a villain pulling all the strings specifically to fuck with Tanya.

That seems to be a thing with all LNs I've seen, maybe it's just the way the japanese write?

>Anson really dies at the fjord battle
No, they didn't fight each other in person at the fjord, and Tanya killed Anson in the naval battle which was axed in the anime.

>Poor Tanya finally can drink wine after 10 long years

>At 13 - minors are allowed to consume and possess undistilled (fermented) alcoholic beverages, such as beer and wine, as long as they are in the company by a Custodial Person. (ยง 9 JuSchG (2) Sub-Clause 1, No. 2)
Tanya can already drink wine in Germany, it's just that she needed "adult supervision".

What about the yellow glowing eyes, the different devices the federation and alliance use to fly, also, did they seriously use such modern looking tanks in the book

All that is anime stylings, the mages fly by their sole power, manifested through the orbs. As for the tanks, since it's a textual work and they aren't featured in illustrations, they look like whatever you want them to look. But remember the V1s (which are drawn in the novel but look more like rocket/jet hybrids than historical V1) and keep in mind it isn't strictly a WW1 or WW2 setting, but a melting pot between the two that doesn't stick to the real 1920's tech level,

All things considered, each piece of media has its share of weakness and strenghts, making them all worth checking out.

>LN is far more detailed and deals with the geopolitical aspects in depth, along with fleshing out what Tanya thinks, but it goes on and on and on in roundabout ways all the time (There are like, almost 3 pages dedicated to Anson cursing his superiors on the first conflict)
>Manga is argurably more beautiful and adds some comedic shots, plus one could argue the pacing is far better, but X just comes out as a mere annoyance, plus Tanya's blushing and cutesy acts feel really out of character.
>Anime has a lot of added trivia and dialogue (such as the mondragon rifles, the flying gears stylized for each country, the color codded magic) and X is far more antagonistic, downrght evil at times. But they made Tanya more edgy, the fight with punished Anson was wasted potential and GOOD LUCK LiTTLE DUCK! Character designs.

Shippers, Tanya is pure (in a way), so fuck off for now. Well, not until he concludes that fucking his way up the social ladder is a logical option or something.

In other news: could someone post that isekai chart? Nothing to watch.

As far as historical parallels go, Anya is fucked.

But as for me, crushing isn't close enough!

I really like the flying mage dogfights in the anime, the OP is cool too, never mind the engrish.
How did she survive her suicide bomb attack in her first battle though?

>How did she survive her suicide bomb attack in her first battle though?
Not a LN fag, but it was mentioned, that she/he has rather high mana stat, so I assume, that her shield outlasted the enemies. Don't take my word for it though.

I don't know which is worse, Tanya taking Anson's smg in that fortress fight or her gunning him down with it in their final fight.

She shielded herself from the blast. Magic shield was destroyed in the process, but only a small portion of the energy made it through, that's why Tanya only have injuries around on her upper body because that's where the gem was.

Tanks are featured in Rerugen's imagination of Tanya being hyped about the war in Dacia, and in a much later one when Tanya is lieutenant colonel and Rerugen is colonel.

Last thread put it really well:

It's not a WW1 or WW2 anime; it's set after 1916 but before 1939. It's primarily a story about how World War I combat became World War II combat. Most of the scenes in the anime depict the WW2 or Vietnam-level knowledge or tech triumphing over the chaos during a WW1 style stalemate.

>evangelion - dank drake and josh edition
Maybe one of them

I think this is still somewhat salvageable in the second season.

She even explains the big boom is mostly for show.

Who's her legal custodian anyway?

Those are some rather odd things to change

It's odd that she has none to be frank or at least it hasn't been stated in the first novel. It might be just the orphanage on paper or that she is an exception after volunteering and getting enlisted into the nco school.

She's a propaganda tool now so I doubt she's without supervision from internal mp/spies and safety and even if she were to be assigned a civilian/noble guardian it would only bog her down.

user she'd still be poorly animated & have a duckface. I mean if you're into that kind of thing that's fine but just be sure to think about what you type.

Saori Hayami looks after her. I thought that was obvious.

This one is the closest we got to official art

>Tanya age 20
She should probably have four or five stars on her by then, going by her current rate.

Zettour would agree.

Hey Tanya! Get ready to suck some Dak!

>Jumps from Warrant Officer to Major/Wing Commander in the span of 2 years or less
What rank is she in the LNs at this point? How old is she?

Lt. Colonel, and she turned 14.

Wrong way around.

Why she has the title Tanya The Evil?
Is she doing evil things later on?
Give the jews a shower?

You should read more Japanese novels that aren't LNs.

Because dodgy localisation.
Also there's no Nazis in the series or even anything similar.

>dodgy local
what do you mean user?

Just finished the fall of Dacia's capital on the manga. Loved the chat between Tanya and Weiss. She pulled him out of his cannon fodder status the moment she sliced his helmet to pieces. Also, I wish the anime kept the helmets and goggles.

Follow up pic. I wonder if any nips ship these two considering how friendly they look to each other here.

TANYA ONLY FOR RERUGEN!!!

Also Popeye appears.

God it really makes me wonder how fun the anime would of been if it followed the manga.
Truly a wasted opportunity

OTP!

You mean having all the detail that the manga can have in a 12 episode anime?

So sounds like you would have been fine if the anime ended when the battalion was created...Halfway through episode 5 or Volume 1.

I think it follows the manga well enough for a 12 episode anime and it still manages to be loads of fun. But I do wish it kept its silly moments. At least we have Youjo Shenki for that.

I just wanted to post this, don't question me.

is tanya technically trans

She shows concerns and instincts an average girl would show like her slow body growth. She just has the memories of a man.

She looks nice but I was never a fan of lipstick.

Why could Rika drink wine but not Tanya?

Inherently flawed and dumb question. Might as well ask if Ranma is trans whilst in girl form. Keep that shit on the boards it belongs on.

Hanyu was linked to Rika and suffered the effects of Rika's drinking, IIRC. That's what I remember from the anime, so it's probably wrong somehow.
I doubt Entity X would be considerate enough to suffer Tanya's underaged tolerance to alcohol for her.

but wine is legal from age 16 in Germany, so more like 5 years

Hanyuu wasn't acting as a barrier from Rika doing any damage to her child body with alcohol, they were just spiritually linked. The only thing I actually remember in terms of one being affected by something the other ingested is that Rika would torment Hanyuu by eating kimchi, I don't remember her getting her drunk or Hanyuu acting as a barrier to Rika ingesting alcohol.

Are Sonzai Ekusu and Tanya linked in the same way? I was under the impression he was just an observer, they weren't physically linked to one another.

Well then I've no idea how Rika was able to down entire bottles of wine without getting completely drunk or even needing to go to the hospital. By all reasons she shouldn't be able to do that with the body of a pre-teen girl, especially as the body wouldn't gain any tolerance between kakera instances.
I guess lolmagic/divinity is the answer somehow, or maybe the Furude bloodline is just ultra resistant to alcohol for some reason. Dunno. Just don't think about it.
>Are Sonzai Ekusu and Tanya linked in the same way? I was under the impression he was just an observer, they weren't physically linked to one another.
No, that's kind of my point. And also that even if they were connected, it wouldn't do something like that anyway.

>Not wanting your anime to last your entire lifetime

Honestly Youjo Senki has so many angles it could of gone in.
The anime was a bit too focused on the darker and more serious tones that the LN had but it's the misunderstandings that makes Youjo Senki so good.

But I can see why NUT did it though, NUT needed something to make a splash as it's a new studio and going with the gritty war tone set it apart. Honestly being a new studio limited what NUT could of done with Tanya but I still love my cute little duck.

Why do you want for anime adaptation to be like manga adaptation if you already have the manga adaptation?
NUT tried something new with their interpretation of the story and they succeded.

Okay, seriously. Why are the last two episodes not dubbed yet?

I like all three mediums that tell the story of Youjo Senki.
So it doesnt matter for me much. I enjoyed the anime.
They were able to make some things anime original without impacting the overall story.

The anime for its good voiceacting,sound design and several action scenes.
The Manga for a easy to read and visualized story.
The LN for your own imaginations.

So give me more YS...

A drunken Grand Strategy player, a yaoi artist and bunch of guys calling themselves NUT walk into a bar. What happens?

>He thinks Tanya chopping up God like a pig is getting dubbed

If that were an actual issue the whole thing wouldn't have been dubbed in the first place. An actual answer would've been nice.

Anger-powered lolis happen.

Someone post Mary's picture from the LN, those are some massive knockers for a 15 y/o

>Peace was never an option

Is there hope for a second anime season?

It was a success, so its likely.
When will they actually work on it? No one knows yet....

Since when did Mary become a child?

The only good thing about this show is the evil duck LOLI.
If she isn't a loli, this isn't fun anymore.

Some of the YS's fun comes out of the fact that salaryman has to get used to his new body. So I don't see why this is a bad thing, it was good bait to get us to read a good story.

so is salaryman going to just straight up go insane by the end of this and prove banzai sex right that humans need faith?

>it's clear that high command know about stuff from the ancient era because they reference Hannibal a fuckton
>they think that the war will end when during Hannibals peak of the Second Punic War, the Romans lost mountains and mountains of men but did not yield to rationalism and instead continued telling Carthaginian messengers with terms of peace to fuck off

even in fantasy, history still repeats itself

To me, the fun is more in the rest of the characters reacting to a 10 year old ace and genius military officer little girl.
Tanya adapted to his loliness too easily, and there's almost no lewd or fanservicey aspect touched upon.
The guy is totally asexual.