Why do you watch harems?

For cute girls, duh.

Because I've lost control of my life.

Because it's a man's dream.

There are only 2 main and sacred purposes in anime:
1. Self insertion
2. Ero fanservice
Harems excel at both

can confirm that irl harems are the best except when the side character males get in the way

I have one irl and I'm trying to get ideas on what to do to humiliate them

For the monster girls

For cute girls with the added detail that I hate yuri. It's rare to find a CGDCT show without yuri undertones in the past like 10-15 years.

for info on girls before doujins happen
having context makes doujins better

self-insert to make up for the lack of love I have IRL

it's merely a stopgap solution and once it fails the rope is always there waiting for me patiently

go read nana to kaoru right now

Only when there's nothing else to watch.

I have a lot of testosterone flowing through my veins but no woman to grant me relief. So I watch harems and trick the primitive part of my brain into thinking a bunch of Japanese women want my dick.

I am easily entertained

Because I like cute girls and harem anime has a big chance of delivering a girl I like. In romance anime with singular love interests the love interests are too often shit and the whole show thus not worth watching.

How the fuck dont people grow out of harem at like 14 years old? I just dont understand it

>One Cute Girl.

Awesome

>MANY cute girls

pic related

This might sound pathetic, but I like the idea of many women fighting over a man knowing that most of them will lose. Really turns the tables.

>yfw realising everyone on Sup Forums is under 14

To fill the hole in my life.

Take a story. Now add cute girls and sexual tension to it. It is now a harem. If the author isn't a complete clod, the cute girls and sexual tension are icing on top of the existing story.

There are grown men still watching shows like Pokemon and Dragon ball, why should genres like harem boggle you in regards to your age related question?

inb4
>Sup Forums
>grown men
>not man children

I like the introductions of all the characters.The story is going to get stagnant, there's no way around that, but at the start when all the characters are new it's fun.

youre saying shit like monster, mushishi or whatever would be improved if you added a harem?

they are, at least in my opinion, the most childish of all anime

Why do you think harem anime or manga is childish? Give me good reasons.

If you did it right, yeah. Of course, doing it right can be difficult for some series, but the payoff is nice. Monogatari is basically muh deep, moody series with harem on top of it and it works out well for anyone who doesn't have a stick up their ass about attractive women being on screen during their serious chinese cartoons.

I don't.

theyre only appeal is cute underage girls, who are always the same in every show
people will argue that they are completely different characters because one has blue hair and knows karate or some shit, but they are all exactly the same

the mcs are all the same too, bland boring blank slates to project yourself onto

there are probably only a couple of actually decent harem shows in existance, but its like finding water in the desert

I would never. Harem is like taking everything right about anime in CGDCT shows and adding a big, steaming pile of shit all over it by adding a unnecessary male lead who they're all obligated to care for and interact with. It fucking ruins each and every girl.

The subhumans who like it can fuck off too.

Because in the end you watch anime for the cute girls so it doesn't matter that the fuck the anime is about.

Male leads aren't why most haremshit is irredeemable garbage, you stupid yurifag.

It IS a big fucking reason why harems get shit on all the time.

>yurifag
Opinion pre-emptively discarded. Stop using retarded, made up words.

This shit has me rollin

No, horrible cliches and bad male leads with underdeveloped casts are the problems, not the existence of male characters.

Back to your containment board, yurifag.

Horrible cliches and underdeveloped personalities might as well be shorthand for harem MCs.

Male protagonists in romance anime are a failed experiment and need to be done away with completely. There's just no value to a girl inexplicably liking a boy when they could like a girl instead.
Why not have the best thing in the world instead of the worst thing? It doesn't make any sense. Anti-yuri scum don't make any sense.

Which go almost hand in hand because the industry actively refuses to make male MCs anything more than cardboard cutouts.

The few that actually bothered to try seem to do pretty well. Pic related.

You realize that you can have male characters in a good show without a harem, right? Love Lab was great.

Bad to your containment board, subhuman.

I don't.

Not a chance, anti-yuri clown. Go be angry about the best thing in the world somewhere else.

Of course. I'm not saying that entertaining male MCs are non existent in anime. You can't deny that there isn't a trend to make male leads in harems as bland as possible. And there is no good reason for it either other than the fear of blocking self insertion and thus losing those greasy NEET bucks.

To be fair though, a huge bulk of anime these days are adaptations and those authors make the MCs bland as hell so it's not always in the hands of the studios.
It is a chicken and egg scenario though since both feed into each other.

Love Lab was a masterpiece. How does it feel knowing each girl is in love with a boy and will take the D? Even in yuribait series, it's all a phase until they find a loving husband who hits their womb with the mating press.

You just need to look outside of battle harem, isekai and video game rule world LNshit.

>hits their womb with the mating press
datsitmane

why people even watch this shit
don't you feel baited

Stop being gay. It's against god.

>Love Lab was shit.
FTFY

>I'm a yurifag and every opinion I hold is inherently worthless
FTFY

I think yuri romance is a joke taken too far and I still think love lab was shit.

>Not a yurifag
>Hated Love Lab
Either this is some sort it trick question, or you're a disgusting fujo.

I watch harem anime because it, by proxy, allows me to live through what I have missed out on. It's not so much about lewdness or pretty girls (though it does help), but such things as having a tightly knit group of friends, going to the beach, going to the mountains, going to the pool and just enjoying the springtime of youth. Onsen/beach/festival episodes are established clichés some people are sick of, but I really enjoy them.

>what I have missed out on
Fucking harem anime are not an accurate representation of near anyones life.

Because it helps with the crushing loneliness.

Maybe if your attractive, toned, rich, and have the charm of a bear, that can convince other people it isn't a bear.

Then you can have a harem.

For the same reason I watch anime in general, escapism.

These threads show how Sup Forums is the most braindead website.

I have bad tastes desu

is your mother proud of you
dont lie now, god is watching :^)

At least we are aware that we are braindead, not a big redeeming quality, but at least we know what we like is shit and still decide to watch, that in my opinion is slightly better that those sites that like shit but they convince themselves that that shit is "good".

Because I like anime featuring lots of pretty girls.

I do at least try to avoid the ones that are too blatantly brainless self-insert fodder, though.

Feeling guilty over your taste is retarded. My goal when pursuing entertainment is to be as shallow as possible.

I'm man.

or

I'm a girl and lesbian.

Your pick.

Maybe if you have flaming shit taste

His taste is fine. I'd watch western shit if it had those two things.

Feel free to fuck back off to Reddit at any time.

In hopes that one day we will get a manly as fuck protag who will not be a pussy for the manga/anime

I watch for tits, not to see which girl wins. I usually get what I came for.

I don't

It's either this or reality television, and I choose the one that has some semblance of a plot.

why do we watch anime?

>theyre only appeal is cute underage girls
What?
You do realize age of consent is 16 right?
So what the fuck kind of harems do YOU watch?

>Rakudai
>Harem
did whoever made that pic even watch it?

I don't watch shit, sorry.

Iv'e never watched a harem anime

I don't, I cant stand shows that are basically a waste of time to watch since most harem's I've seen have no character development and are just plain boring.

Why not?

because it turns out "real" harems fucking suck and its just 5 asian ladies just yelling and telling you what to do all day

so when i come home, i self insert into an ecchi harem anime and then try to confuse reality with anime and try to wish hard enough for life to be more like anime

i do like when they feed me while i work on their machines, they see i have dirty hands

>underage
It is like you don't even anime.

I don't. Generic harem is shit. Blatant self insertion in itself is shit. If it is something like monogatari where the harem is obviously there yet the anime is actually good then sure i will watch it. But harem is sort of a loose definition. Clannad can be considered a harem but it isn't washed out and obvious as fuck.

>Clannad can be considered a harem but it isn't washed out and obvious as fuck.
Clannad is an interesting example in that it basically is a relatively standard but well-executed harem until it stops being a harem and becomes a straight up romance drama with comedy elements. And later just straight up drama with bits of comic relief here and there.

I get the feeling that if it was easier to sell otaku on the idea of a single-heroine romance visual novel, it wouldn't have been a dating sim/harem setup to begin with.

There are good harem shows, don't listen to Sup Forums. It's like a SOL with more focus on romance.

The REAL problem is the lack of good FETISH harem shows.

user, don't leave us hanging here. Tell us more.

Yes.
Are you one of those persons that think that Rakudai or Bakemonogatari harem aren't harems because the MC has a girlfriend?

And I'll be honest here, I don't share that point of view, and telling me that the black haired girl doesn't want the dick and that only has respect for him and than the imouto is a platonic thing won't convince me it isn't.

I will concede the imouto bit but that only makes it a Love Triangle not a harem, there no hint that black want the D she is barely in it after her arc and she never show any sign of jealousy towards MC and his girl

Is she going to be OK?

I'm not a harem hater, but even within harem shows there are some that are pure garbage and not worth watching. Like machine doll

For fun and the girls.

i don't i prefer Manime !

She's fine

>theyre

I don't

I'm aware this sounds as cliche as any cliche in harems, but the formula is not the problem, but the execution.

Look isekai seikishi for example, it is an isekai with a Gary stu character and still is a pretty good anime.

Exactly, the formula is not the problem. TLR is amazing

The girls may be cute.

You leave aika alone faggot

>Why do you watch harems?
Because

but i dont???