If it's popular then it must be bad

>If it's popular then it must be bad

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12723964
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Not really. Vagabond is popular, yet it's not bad. Meanwhile AoT and BnHA are plain garbage now.

You should know one main rule on Sup Forums. That is that Sup Forums only ever talks about bad anime or the sometimes amazing anime.

There have been plenty of series which Sup Forums has enjoyed at the height of popularity, but you know what Sup Forums always thinks is bad? When a series is popular enough to attract crossboarders, shitposters, and waifufags that shit up generals constantly or start fanbase wars.

Welcome to Sup Forums

Code Geese doesn't really belong on that list

>Vagabond is popular

How many front page threads does Vagabond have right now?

Nothing wrong with being a hipster though. You could avoid watching garbage and wasting your time.

>Mai Hime
vindicated no one is talking shit about it anymore
>Diebuster
Let's face it, it was doomed to be compared to Gunbuster
>Death Note
only post-Ladies
>Code Geass
they like it because of its flaws
>Clannad
vindicated
>FMP
nope
>FMA
only people who don't like brotherhood are 03fags between them not really
>Haruhi
vindicated
>PSG
vindicated
>Seed
no one likes this series anymore, it's not even an Sup Forums problem

so only FLCL, Diebuster, TTGL, E7, Gatari, Raildex, and Madoka should be kept on the list

>crossboarders, shitposters, and waifufags
Bingo. These three are signs that a show is getting too big for its britches and it never ends well.

What's wron with waifufags?

>Gatari
>Index
>good

>people enjoy shows when they're airing and enjoy new things when the next season starts
nice detective work, what address should we send your nobel prize to?

He never implied that though. Just that it's still relevant.

Actually quality is irrelevant to discussion. How much Sup Forums talks about an anime depending on how memeic it is.

Even old anime like LoGH and Eva can be talked about because of its high meme capacity.

>crossboarders, shitposters, and waifufags

Fucking this. Theres a point where you enjoy a show but swear off the threads altogether because they're fucking cancer.

which is why it needs to stay on the chart.

wow, people still use the word "hipster" unironically

Is FLCL even considered popular

Pretty much this, to be honest.

chose 1

It's always been my taste>your taste. I don't give a fuck of some autist making up some retarded charts

They were all shit to begin with. They deserve the criticism.

and people will keep using it until hipsters go away

>"people are still" argument
pretty much how we can tell your a hipster

>what's wrong with people who only care about one character and kill any discussion about the show to meme about their girl

They end up setting up waifu generals, not to mention waifu wars, that never end and have a tendency to blogpost about their romantic life once they get too comfortable.

You have yourself to blame if you allow a small group amount of people dominating the threads and did nothing about it.

How about you stop watching moeshit for once?

Problem is oldfags who cant accept change and DEMAND things to go their way now and always.

Thats not even the worst culprit.

Look at SnK threads. Even if I did enjoy it (once), I would never admit to it and certainly never involve myself with it.

How the fuck are you supposed to remove people from shitting up a thread if you're not mods

>How about you stop watching moeshit for once?
not that guy, but the only reason i watch anime is for its cuteness and moe appeal
i've tried looking into other "cool" animes, but i just cringed and dropped every single one of them

>implying this happens only to Moeshit

It's literally every genre to an extent

>Sup Forums always thinks is bad?
>WE
>Muh sekrit club
Fuck off

Solid fact right here.

If you start a discussion about the show and be persistent as the waifufags then the threads will turn for the better. Or you just wait for the day the anime airs.

Wait, another thing people don't get.
Ignore them.
But, there's usually a group of them, so that's easier said than done.

strawpoll.me/12723964
I'm genuinely curious.

Because after a while people stop wanting to discuss it and the only people left over are the vocal minority.

Stuff that gets translated and becomes available to secondaries who can't read Japanese also becomes bad.

>>Muh sekrit club
Spotted the uppity newfag. Assimilate or fuck off.

Seed's popularity drops over time because the show mostly just goes down the toilet about the halfway point.

north kore/a/

Nice deduction my fellow user

>It's mobage, so it must be shit!

I don't remember that many disliking E7 after 15 weeks. Could you give some examples?

Note that E7 also had just got off its feet after the first cour.

Then explain Sup Forums fascination with Steins;Gay
Cause that is one steaming pile of a shit VN as well as anime

Sup Forums really fell off after E7 huh

Characterfaggotry is cancer. Look at Saekano (waifufags) and SnK (fujoshits and shippers) threads, threads are full of posts about metashit like EH, LH, EM, etcfags, Eririfags, Utahafags, niggers,etc.
This is biggest cancer.

HOLY SHIT, range ban ended

Let's see, Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody was the eighth episode of the 2009 airing, and Endless Eight started with the twelfth episode, so I'd say this is about right for Haruhi.

Like half of those series are still praised by Sup Forums. The only ones really belonging there being: Death Note, which became shit after L died. Clannad, which was shit because they tried stacking on more tragedy for shock value. Gundam Seed has just been on a decline overall lately.

The only real victims of hating it because its popular are Shingeki No Kyojin, which isn't even on the list, and Madoka.

I don't think FLCL is "popular" many of my normie friends haven't seen any of that shit. They only really watch new stuff like Attack on Titan, or One punch man, etc., they don't watch old things that were popular, only new things that are popular.

I don't see what's wrong with wanting to have something you enjoy with a specific group of people and wanting to keep it away from all the other faggots in the world.

Disappearance did redeem Endless Eight, so the curve should rise after like the 50th week or so.

It's getting sequel so popularity rises

That's complete bullshit though.
While it's perfectly justified to call out obvious crossboarders/newfags, the fucktards who have this unjustified paranoia about 'muh sekrit club' are the ones doing the most damage.

Just look at OPM. The spammers who were doing their best to shitpost the threads into oblivion because they didn't like the show being popular, making sane discussion impossible, were 100 times worse than any supposed 'newfag crossboarders' everyone was paranoid about.
Just look at EVERY SINGLE SHOW by Kyoani, where 50% of the poster try to have some semblance of discussion, and the other 50% are spamming MUH KYOANUS MEMES XDDD
Just look at Flip Flappers last fall, which was a perfect example of the 'hipster pattern' in action.
'MUH NEWFAGS' is mostly an excuse for brain damaged people to hate on a show that's popular and ruin everyone's enjoyment.

In conclusion, fuck off, you are more cancerous that the newfags.

Add Re:Zero to that list

The only people who have a problem with it are those "other faggots".

Newfag.

why is FLCL even on the list?

This is sad, true and makes me feel old.

>If it is popular you must like it.

Maybe because the image is nearly a decade old

>Muh sekrit club
Ultimate pleb respons.
Your actually so fucking stupid that you don't even get what the other guy actually said.

grimik aqui

How does that matter? Sup Forums isn't the place that decides what's popular. Anyone with taste has read Vagabond. It doesn't need a circlejerk to validate itself.

>Madoka
But Muhdoka is the perfect example of a series that's hated to keep the threads away/in containment because they are so utterly horrible with tripfags that hating it arbitrarily or pretending to hate is the best defense.

Immensely popular normalfag shows tend to get popular for dumb, gimmicky reasons, or they're just popular due to their own popularity. You can talk about them literally anywhere, filling Sup Forums with it seems pointless.

>your
Shitposting on lock now.

Then how come Sup Forums loves Evangelion?

Yup, and I tried to show my friends older movies like the '95 gits and they just got bored like a third of the way though. I guess they just have shit taste.

Seeing people try to rationalize this is entertaining.

Because most of Sup Forums weren't even fetuses when Evangelion aired.

kill yourself

Imagine the hype if we got a surprise Haruhi OVA this year by KyoAni.
It would have a special stream at midnight JST on 7/7.
2chan and Sup Forums are wall to wall insanity for days.
Is it Snowy Mountain Syndrome? Will there be more?
Anons set up servers for all of the livestream traffic.
No one can handle it.
The stream starts.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________Kyon-kun, Denwa__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Have you ever considered those people you mentioned may be : 1.Crossboarders (which was addressed) 2.Secondaries 3.Shitposters or falseflaggers who have nothing else better to do in their own pathetic lives ?

have you ever been in the SnK general? holy fuck

>Gundam Seed has just been on a decline overall lately.
>lately

...Seed ended a long time ago bro.

why did you do that
it hurts

So the trend now in Sup Forums is isekai shows got really popular. Will it face the same destiny?

I agree with you on your analysis of the shitposting the shows got, but having Sup Forums be a "secret club" is a good thing.

Not even isekai.
LN = shit

>Mai Hime
I'll never stop loving you, no matter what Sup Forums says.

Hardly anyone shits on Code Geass here, which is funny, considering it doesn't hold a candle to Death Note, which is thrashed constantly instead.

Madoka is the clear example of why that happens.
Not only is it a fanbase that got into a fight with every other Mahou Shoujo fanbase under the sun (If it is for children it is cliche kiddy shit, if it is for otaku and old it is pedophilic shit, if it is for otaku and new it is a clone) and whose threads are so bad they became filled with tripfags, but was also overhyped to hell.

oh yeah LN, it sure really popular in Sup Forums lately.

this. fucking Kyoani crossboarders shitting on 3-gatsu because muh Shaft

>muh cancerous fanbases
Translation: I'm such a weak-willed faggot I can't form my opinion without being positively or negatively influenced by other people, even the ones I supposedly hate.

Seriously. "Let's ruin our threads so that people from other boards can't potentially ruin them." Flawless fucking logic there.

Re:Zero and Konosuba ended, so until something else comes along that tops both of them in hype I would say it's already happened.

>I'm such a weak-willed faggot I can't form my opinion without being positively or negatively influenced by other people, even the ones I supposedly hate.
I think you missed the point. It isn't that cancerous fanbases are the reason for their opinion of the show, but rather the reason hostility should be shown to the threads because the threads invite low quality discussion and what is the point of Sup Forums unless you can discuss things in a good way?

it's not even a secret club,we just want it to continue being good and not be crowded with shitposters like many other boards became
this "muh secrit club" meme must die

>this "muh secrit club" meme must die
Agreed. People seem to misunderstand that wanting high quality discussion and to avoid shitposters=/=secret club. They think anything that even somewhat implies exclusivity means "secret club".
I don't care it Sup Forums is popular. I do care if popularity brings shitposters.

>The only real victims of hating it because its popular are Shingeki No Kyojin

This is the numero uno example of this. The faggots here loved the fuck out of it right up until they realized how popular it became and turned straight around and shit all over it and successfully memed the idea that it was a flat out shit series through the internet.

this is why I stopped with the Madoka threads long ago,there isn't even discussion anymore,only a bunch of idiots parroting "m-muh descontruction"

>The faggots here
Fuck off to Sup Forums with your general obsession.

Sup Forums hasn't changed since I got here in 2004 newfag. It's probably the only board on the site to retain it's actual fucking subculture.

I chuckled.