Folded over 1k times

>folded over 1k times

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PSZKGzGqOt0
youtube.com/watch?v=CtBus_iU-PQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>OP gif is no longer guaranteed replies
Neo-Sup Forums is so strange

Fantasy katana is not made from shitty material so it makes sense.
Imagine a modern katana made from high quality stuff.

KATANAH?

>Imagine a modern katana made from high quality stuff
Whats the point
Katana exists because there was no good material for it

and i still don't know what anime this is from

anyone mind teeling me?

In world war 2 it was pretty common for Japanese officers to wear an old family katana. 200 years old or even older. And there are dozens of accounts from both sides of them using those blades to slice through modern steel equipment like rifles or artiliary pieces. If they could do that with old katanas made with low carbon steel, it really is amazing to imagine what would be possible.

Are swords supposed to cut through each other? Shouldn't this be impossible?

Sharper and sturdier, they have good material now so they should try it.

Katana?

Seiken no Blacksmith, I think.

oh the endless butthurt, man that was fantastic

It's been years and I still don't know what swords were being compared.

Katana < ??? (that gets cut in half) < ???

Can i copy this bait?
It is too good, so have my (you) as payment.

Not defending the katana faggotry and it is clear that they aren't as sturdy, but they are made for slicing and european swords for piercing. So this test is trying to prove what exactly?

basically katana is a saber, but worse

Never stop making these threads

The katana doesn't get cut though, it shears, meaning the blade didn't do shit, it was just the weight behind the swing. The tip was also anchored.
The longsword does get cut, or depressed, can't tell

>He doesn't hit with monouchi
Fucking retard, what the fuck did he expect.

>this is a show about motorboats

Why did you post the fake one?

You mean motorcycles.

*pffft* Nothing personnel... kid.

The interesting thing about the Nippon steel argument: Its premise is flawed.

I hate to be an advocate of the weebs but: The modern katana has much more in common with its WW2 officer sword variant than the traditional katana that anime/manga fellate so hard.

Unfortunately: There exist no smiths alive who make them exactly as they used to so until a museum is willing to have one of theirs spliced and examined we really have no idea what their durability profile is.

Here's a short doc on one of the smiths trying to replicate the old forging techniques: youtube.com/watch?v=PSZKGzGqOt0

To prove that if you clamp a piece of metal to a rigid bench and hit it with another piece of metal the clamped metal will remain rigid

>superior wood with over 1000 rings

ok I'm triggered

made me laugh

I want to lick Chiya's tummy

>fellating a katana
That sounds messy.

Swordlets, when will they learn?

Let me guess: the weeb wins in the end?

real one

>being folded so many times it shapeshifts into a better weapon.
Nice one nippon!

Some tribe cultivating a bonsai tree for a thousand years to make the strongest legendary stick ever would be a fun idea.

Ha!
Take that you western faggots. I knew glorious katana would be superior to any other sword.

Do you even need to ask?

>over 1000 rings
Just how THICC would that tree be?

>RTL II

what the fuck

>mfw the LN and manga have NTR

I really want to watch this, the puppetry seems amazing, but even lurking I haven't seen people actually name the show. Any non-Pico help?

Did you even try going to a search engine and typing "xianxia puppet show"?

Really? Thunderbolt Fantasy

It means a late medieval European army would shit all over a Chinese army
It means cloud white >>> piss yellow

>european swords are made for piercing

uuh, except for rapiers, no european swords were also made to be able to slice and very effectively so

good bait

katana

No user, this tree... not had 100 rings

they had shitty wood back then, so imagine if they used present day sticks to fight. japanese officers used to carry 200 year old sticks into battle during ww2 so imagine if they had modern technology sticks

>Only*
Fuck mobile posting

thats not even the same sword.

TF was awesome. All dat Shofuku bullying, then that twist at the end. The last episode was trolling on crack.

Shit, I regret not watching Thunderbolt fantasy while it was airing. The puppet premise turned me off, but after watching the first episodes I can tell it's really good. I should have never doubted based the Urobuchi

>he spinned with the sword and his head as well
So what, he managed to keep only his neck in a static position? It doesn't make any sense.

>ba-bakana

Thunderbolt Fantasy was great. Watching the silent webms just makes it look kind of goofy and like some random meme show but every part of it is legitimately excellent, the writing, music, movement of the puppets, pacing. It was fantastic.

THE LAND IS CLOAKED IN DEEPEST BLUE

Considering I don't know the term xianxia, no I didn't.

Thanks user!

I remember seeing this gif in a youtube montage so long ago, holy shit
>last in the series was in Dec '11
what the fuck where did the time go

Don't you use the catalog? Or you heavily sticky/hide threads? We only had maybe one or two threads for every episode but they were there every week. It was highly visible even if there weren't many anons watching and posting. It was fun as fuck though.

>So this test is trying to prove what exactly?
They've cited an 'expert' from an American documentary who claimed katana could effortlessly cut through any other sword. That's what they put to the test.

Judging by the first episodes the show could well be a ridiculously over the top cliche from beginning to end, but I loved how shameless it was about it.

>implying that would have made any difference

But what's the point of using items made from modern materials with modern methods instead of actual original ones? Medieval europeans couldn't even melt iron properly, how would they have a chrome steel broadsword?

It would make a difference as you would direct more force to the thing you're hitting. Still katana would be the one losing.

This is sudoku on a different level. Obviously, the angular inertia of the sword keeps it rotating as his body comes to rest, cutting off the head.

That's it. I'm sick of all this "Masterwork Bastard Sword" bullshit that's going on in the d20 system right now. Katanas deserve much better than that. Much, much better than that.

I should know what I'm talking about. I myself commissioned a genuine katana in Japan for 2,400,000 Yen (that's about $20,000) and have been practicing with it for almost 2 years now. I can even cut slabs of solid steel with my katana.

Japanese smiths spend years working on a single katana and fold it up to a million times to produce the finest blades known to mankind.

Katanas are thrice as sharp as European swords and thrice as hard for that matter too. Anything a longsword can cut through, a katana can cut through better. I'm pretty sure a katana could easily bisect a knight wearing full plate with a simple vertical slash.

Ever wonder why medieval Europe never bothered conquering Japan? That's right, they were too scared to fight the disciplined Samurai and their katanas of destruction. Even in World War II, American soldiers targeted the men with the katanas first because their killing power was feared and respected.

So what am I saying? Katanas are simply the best sword that the world has ever seen, and thus, require better stats in the d20 system. Here is the stat block I propose for Katanas:

(One-Handed Exotic Weapon)
1d12 Damage
19-20 x4 Crit
+2 to hit and damage
Counts as Masterwork

(Two-Handed Exotic Weapon)
2d10 Damage
17-20 x4 Crit
+5 to hit and damage
Counts as Masterwork

Now that seems a lot more representative of the cutting power of Katanas in real life, don't you think?

tl;dr = Katanas need to do more damage in d20, see my new stat block.

>fold it up to a million times
youtube.com/watch?v=CtBus_iU-PQ

>slice through modern steel equipment like rifles or artiliary pieces.

That vape duck never fails to amuse me.

>But what's the point of using items made from modern materials with modern methods instead of actual original ones?
If you had watched the documentary you would have realised that it was made from tamahagane by a licensed smith. The fact that the blade bends rather than breaking should indicate that you're not dealing with a modern blade.

>Medieval europeans couldn't even melt iron properly, how would they have a chrome steel broadsword?
You don't need to melt iron to make a shiny sword. The material you get out of a bloomery is perfectly fine for that.

There is no "winner" here. A sword's purpose is not to cut through other swords but through the man wielding it. The point is that some people claim katana can cut through swords and this video debunks it.

Need the sauce of this

triying to create a new copypasta?go for it pal

>I should know what I'm talking about.
You don't.
> I can even cut slabs of solid steel with my katana.
What steel? Either you cut a really soft steel or you're cutting aluminium or other shit.
>Japanese smiths spend years working on a single katana and fold it up to a million times to produce the finest blades known to mankind.
They fold steel around 10 times. It may create around thousand layers but it wasn't folded that many times because it would actually weaken the construction.
>Katanas are thrice as sharp as European swords and thrice as hard for that matter too.
Katanas are just a little bit harder than european swords, but hard isn't always better as hard means brittle. As for sharpness - it really depends heavily on blade geometry and angle. Katana's blade geometry makes it a little bit more forgiving but it isn't that big of a deal.
>I'm pretty sure a katana could easily bisect a knight wearing full plate with a simple vertical slash.
We aren't living in a fantasy. Nothing can cut through armor. That's what it was for.
>Ever wonder why medieval Europe never bothered conquering Japan?
Because:
1) We didn't know that much about it.
2) It wasn't worth it as Japan natural resources were scarce.
As for the rest of your post - grow up and read some books that are not fantasy.

come on man we have rules against spoonfedding

My little user can't be this new.

I can't tell if that technique is legit or not. I'm pretty sure that shit would be EXTREMELY fucking dangerous to the wielder. As a desperate tactic to try and grab a hold of the weapon i could see it, but otherwise it just feels less effective than normal.

>new

It's not that dangerous if you grip it properly.

That's it. I'm sick of all this "Masterwork Bastard Sword" bullshit that's going on in the d20 system right now. Macuahuitl deserve much better than that. Much, much better than that.

I should know what I'm talking about. I myself commissioned a genuine macuahuitl in Tenochtitlan for two goats and three sacks of cacao beans (that's about $6,000) and have been practicing with it for almost 2 years now. I can even cut slabs of solid steel with my macuahuitl.

Aztec smiths spend weeks working on a single macuahuitl and sharpen the edges up to a dozen times to produce the finest weapons known to mankind.

Macuahuitl are thrice as sharp as European swords and thrice as hard for that matter to. Anything a longsword can cut through, a macuahuitl can cut through better. I'm pretty sure a macuahuitl could easily chop a Spanish conquistador, his horse, and their plate armor in half with a simple vertical slash.

Ever wonder why medieval Europe never bothered conquering Central America? That's right, they were too scared to fight the disciplined Aztecs and their macuahuitl of destruction. Even in the sixteenth century, Spanish explorers targeted the macuahuitl-wielding Aztecs with smallpox-infected blankets first because their killing power was feared and respected.

So what am I saying? Macuahuitl are simply the best swords that the world has ever seen, and thus, require better stats in the d20 system. Here is the stat block I propose for macuahuitl:

(One-Handed Exotic Weapon) 1d12 Damage 19-20 x4 Crit +2 to hit and damage Counts as Masterwork

(Two-Handed Exotic Weapon) 2d10 Damage 17-20 x4 Crit +5 to hit and damage Counts as Masterwork

Now that seems a lot more representative of the cutting power of macuahuitl in real life, don't you think?

tl;dr = Macuahuitl need to do more damage in d20, see my new stat block.

>Nothing can cut through armor.
A blowtorch can.

It always felt weird how the one handed katana only has a 19-20 crit in this pasta
It has a 18-20 already

Is pretending to be baited a new form of baiting now?

Fuck off /tg/.

Wear chainmail.

That much.

>And there are dozens of accounts from both sides of them using those blades to slice through modern steel equipment like rifles or artiliary pieces.
Don't forget how one captured sailor managed to cleave an aircraft carrier in half to escape. Look at that clean slice.

Of course the americans learned their lesson and refused to pick up survivors from sunken ships unless they discarded their sidearms.

Somewhat right European swords for the most part where sharp near the upper middle of the blade and they could very well cut and pierce if used properly.

But more often times they where used like edged blunt weapons and made to be decently sturdy able to clash against metal and not fall apart. While the tip used to for driving into by hold the part of the blade right above the hilt and thrusting forward another technique was to flip you sword around holding it by the lower middle and use the counter weight at the bottom of the handle like blunt which is called bludgeoning. It was mainly used to by knights fighting other knights in sturdy armor when they could not pierce with the blade the whacked each other in the head using this technique among others.

Rape =/= NTR.

looks like hand in half sword

>THIS PROVES MUH LONGSWORG IS SUPERIOR!1!!

weaponfags are the worst

Blacksmith no meido academy

>cliche
It's more like [spoiler/]a deconstruction[/spoiler] of the RPG party trying to take down the big bad.

But it at the very least proves it has superior materials. Later on, they also prove it has superior stability.

>tfw always preferred giant hunks of iron you couldn't even call swords over shitty Katana