Serious question. What the fuck was this guy's problem?

Serious question. What the fuck was this guy's problem?

He made the best out of an objectively pretty bad superpower

Nothing he killed the right people.
Suffering a little from god complex but eh isn't anyone these days.

He was baited by Light super easily in one of the first episodes. He's a fuckin idiot.

>muh boredom

He killed nobodies instead of (((politicians))). He also somehow managed to become the number 1 suspect in a 100 million populated country a couple of weeks after he got his power.

Everyone would get carried away with a Death Note

He didnt take the shinigami eyes and didnt live longer than he would have if he took them anyway.

>Nothing he killed the right people.
What about the innocent people who would've figured him out?

Should have went after the jews instead

he said he was bored

>innocent
>aiding and abetting criminals
Pick one.

Chuuni as fuck

>implying he didn't

Light was brilliant. He had no problem.

He was an impulsive teenager with a superiority complex given a power that is quite literally godlike. What happened is pretty much what you'd expect would happen given the circumstances.

I would have been much much more edgy in his place

Autism

Me too.

I also would have looked for a way to wage a war on the Shinigami, though, so no one would have the power to interfere.

He fucked up by making his keikaku too complicated and shooting too high
He could have ran shit from the shadows without becoming a public figure head.
They would have gotten as far as finding out that the deaths coincide with a High schooler's schedule and then they wouldn't be able to make any more head way unless they found the book by searching him or illegally surveying him.
Of course if he just burned the book once he felt threatened there wouldn't be evidence it was his doing and with a good lawyer he'd be off scott free provided they don't just summarily execute him

yagami backwards reads Im a Gay

Collateral damage.

You aren't wrong

Just being bored.
And perhaps looking for a life goal.

his problem is that when he decided to become Kira, he didn't set up a new MO.

If that one local criminal had just had a heart attack, and the rest had all killed themselves and spelled out "GOD" in their own blood, this would have stopped L from narrowing him down.

The problem is that he would be sacrificing a lot of efficiency by adding so much writing to each kill. Heart attacks are the default, after all, so you don't have to write any kill method for them--but if he wanted to choose a new default method thereafter, he'd have to write it out every time.

That is, if I'm remembering the rules correctly.

Stupidity.

He immediately made everyone aware of him by doing nothing but heart attacks

You do have a point
Having the criminals write
>you could have prevented this L
>if only L were good enough
>I guess L stands for loser
Would have been fun

His normiel tier parents weren't ready to raise a literal genius, and thus they ended up fucking him up without realizing it.

They built their high IQ son up with strong morals about criminal justice in a nation with a fucked justice system full of corruption, didn't look past his grades to see that he was on the slippery slope of a depression/break down spiral due to perceived lack of purpose in a rotten world that didn't challenge him at all, and were similarly ill suited to do anything else about it even if they did notice Light's problems. Light himself was obsessed with being perfect. The perfect student, son, and brother.

He just couldn't handle his entire worldview and sense of self being wrong, so he latched onto the Death Note. There's also the possibility that a Death Note has a supernatural pull that makes people want to use it.

In the end, he killed the only person that could actually challenge him too. Death Note is a tragedy in a way.

Why didn't he just set up some sort of backup for if Mikami fucked up?
He could've brought a gun or done some manipulation with the investigation team

To add to this, he could've easily communicated with the 2nd Kira using people on live television and tell each other as much information as they can back and forth until Light figures out Rem is willing to die for Misa.

No one would know what the hell they're talking about and Rem would be sent by Misa to find Light in a designated large public area, where Rem spots Light thanks to Ryuk and touches him with a bit of the Death Note.

After that, Misa and Light establish communication and eventually meet up, where Light manipulates Misa into telling Rem into spying on L and what he does. After a year or two, they find out about Wammy's House and all associates of L and Rem takes photo's of all of them.

Rem brings back the information and Misa writes their names in the Death Note. Now with all future L's dead, Light has nothing in his way and can write as many names as he wants, eventually breaking the will of the police and the world itself.

He would've died halfway through the anime, though. In Death Note universe, everyone's lifespan is specified at birth. Something would've happened to cause him to die sooner, had he taken the eyes.

ayy lmao

He was sooo hot

L would've caught onto live messages

He didn't put the note on a printer and set it to print all names from phone books/fb causing the end of civilization

The author needed him to lose
What I would have done
Also fuck Misa to ensure she doesn't get another crush and betrays me
Encrypt them with shinigami proverbs so only a death note user can understand them
Printers can't think of a person

He thought it was fate when it was really random chance.

I want to tell you *I'm L*

He was blue pilled and believed petty criminals were the ones behind the world's problems.

Raito was dumb as fuck.

Turner backwards reads Return

Kira
Light
Mello
Near

What does it mean

keked

This scene was actually amazing and makes me want to go back and rewatch the whole series.

>Also fuck Misa to ensure she doesn't get another crush and betrays me

my nigga.

>implying Light didn't bang the shit out of misa during the timeskip

Look user nobody likes the thief who steals a purse

But the thief who steals 10 million dollars? We admire people like that, the Discworld series makes it a point that people are fine with crime as long as it remains organized.

Besides if you want a Manga where a teenager wants to better the world by killing politics then go read akumetsu

Light handled this moment horribly
>oh you flatter me Hideki-kun, but I'm just a student, I'm not on the level of a person who's battling against a God

But unlike Light you all would have fucked Misa if given the chance

Has anyone seen any normalfags react to Death Note, particularly episodes 24, 25, 36 and 37. Almost every single reaction I've seen has been pro-light and anti-police.

The amount of people butthurt over light's death in particular is fucking hilarious to watch.

On a side note, iq is a genetic trait so either one of the parents was a genius in disguise too or mom had an adventure.
Because the sister was fucking average.

the execution was heavily flawed and Near and Mello made the police side very unnattractive after L died

>Misa
>Betraying her love
That's not how yandere works

>then go read akumetsu
Ufff, I did enjoy that read my nigga

Light never used this kind of meta-knowledge so it stands to reason such knowledge isn't present in that world

Good

Now reflect on the fact that akumetsu started a year before death note, ended the same year as death note, had the same premise as death note but never got the popularity that death note had.

Oh sorry, I'm a different user that the one you were talking to. I forgot to add that. My bad.

I finished watching this the other day, and it's still the biggest "Oh shit" moment, seeing how Light would react to that

I don't swing that way.

>either one of the parents was a genius in disguise too or mom had an adventure
That's not how genetic works though.

So? You can still reflect upon that fact

Light's biggest fuck up: Killing Rem

Light killed Rem because he didn't want to have to protect Misa his whole life, but he stayed with Misa anyways, so what was the point? Rem was willing to kill anyone they asked at any time. She could have killed the entire SPK at any point if Light asked, and protected him until he died.

He could have showed up at the warehouse with Rem and told her earlier to just kill everyone immediately.

>That's not how genetic works though.
Dude, don't.

IQ IS a genetic trait that goes from parents to their kids.
Hard work, mental exercises and discipline go a long way but two morons don't make a genius. Period.

Rem was willing to die for Misa not Light

they could, it's only correlated but it's not a strong rule.
>einstein's parents didn't win nobel prizes

Yes, but Misa loved Light, so as long as helping Light made Misa happy she would do it, which is why she agreed to kill L in the first place, for Misa's happiness.

If he married Misa, Rem would probably just hang out with them and help them out when asked.

>two tall people don't make a dwarf
>two normal people don't make an autist
>two brunet people don't make a ginger
It happens.

Thats gay.

So? Someone's iq doesn't dictate that they will go and study, some people have other interests regardless of how intelligent they are.
I know someone with a physics degree that wants to be an artist and live of making illustrations and such.

If you don't study and/or work on it, your iq means nothing.

That's different.
Dwarfs and autists are "traits" equivalent to mental illness, you can carry them but not manifest them.
Being a ginger/blonde/brunette is a dominance thing.

It's like you guys never went to school.

I must correct something though, about being an autist, it also depends on how old the woman is.
And I'm out of this conversation with preteens and mongrels.

Why did they think that making Near sound like a 40-year-old woman in both the sub and dub was a good idea

No one is innocent in death note.

He wasn't wise enough to reject the gift.

WHY THE FUCK DOES THIS GUY EAT SO MUCH SUGAR?
WHAT WAS HIS PROBLEM

>kill anyone you want anonymously
>find a way to get caught
?????

He killed the US president in the manga.

>That's different.
>Dwarfs and autists are "traits" equivalent to mental illness, you can carry them but not manifest them.
>Being a ginger/blonde/brunette is a dominance thing.
Your ignorance is really showing.

Much like intelligence, autistic traits exist on something of a continuum, so a certified genius like Light is about as likely to happen as full-blown can't-even-form-words autism.

Likewise, traits like hair colour aren't simple dominant/recessive, there are a lot of genes which can contribute to it, which seems to be the case for intelligence (and autism) as well.

And, of course, there are multiple possible causes of dwarfism...

Genetics for anything is really complicated. There's no reason two people with some defect limiting their intelligence (a la dwarfism limiting height) couldn't reproduce mostly normal, or even above-normal, children. They just have to not pass on the bad genes.

And Light's parents are probably a little above average to begin with, just not to his level.

yeah but he later figured out that you can write the cause of death before anything happens then write down the name.

Ambition and narcissism. It was never about his ideal but about himself, so he could never TRULY let himself and his killings be anonymous, which meant sooner or later he had to be caught.

Just part of the alphabet.
H I J " K L M N " O P Q

Self defense. They were trying to kill him for killing criminals.

But how many times would he have to write that out to use it as a default? That's still a huge time investment and limitation.

It's only shitty, because his rival had plot armor/knowledge and he couldn't kill him without sacrificing half his lifespan.

To answers Op's question; nothing. He just wanted to make the world a better place. However, the power got to his head and he lost his humanity in the process.

They were trying to arrest him. For breaking the law and committing murder. Which he did. The moment he killed a cop he lost all credibility of good intentions, it was all just a god complex thing. He never did a very good job of actually defending his actions.

>And Light's parents are probably a little above average to begin with, just not to his level.

Yeah. It seemed that way for his father at least. We never do get to see his mother all that much.

The Live Action tv series actually had her killed off by criminals in Light's childhood. I should probably finish watching it too. The differences between tv Light and anime Light due to that divergence where interesting.

>However, the power got to his head
Approximately 20 minutes after he got the power

It didn't really go to his head until he killed a biker dude attempting to molest/rape a chick outside of a convenience store. Even then, it time skips a week or two.

It didn't go to his head until others opposed him. But yeah, it happened pretty quick and I think that's realistic. Many who had and would use such a power would become intoxicated by said power.

This is pretty much how I felt watching it. Once in awhile they'd take like 10 seconds out to remind you how Light was creating a better world without criminals but it was basically just a cat and mouse game 95% between him and his pursuers since he didn't want to go to the electric chair. He'd kill his entire family as long he could get away with it.

This. Patently a leftist, probably would've gotten all up his own ass with the wrong commie to whisper in his ear. Otherwise would've gravitated towards it himself.
Give ME the Death Note; I'd Ayn Rand as fuck.

>he'd kill his own imouto

Unforgivable.

>IQ of 184

Truly, no one is as intelligent as me.

As a literal commie, I would kill your sort first.

>his actions towards misa
>flirting with other girls immediately after rebuking misa
Truly unforgivable.

Kiyomi Takeda was way hotter, that's pretty much fact.

Misa is pretty much the perfect girl. She halved her lifespan twice, all for the object of her affection. And she's a qt, famous singer.

Light only lost because of this other faggot, it was pretty OOC that light would trust other people

He's a generic angsty nerd.

You know I just had a thought
Light is a pretty bland character. We don't really know much about his background and where he got his moralfaggotry/god complex from

If he was supposed to be just an unfortunate victim of a Shinigami(Ryuk) fine but that's not the way the series plays it as