Anyone actually like this show? I loved the crowd funded OVAs, but all the episodes are crap in my opinion...

Anyone actually like this show? I loved the crowd funded OVAs, but all the episodes are crap in my opinion, am I the only one who thinks this?

No, its widely regarded as bad now.
The original ova was neat but the anime is just lifeless and shallow

Trolls love this anime. makes for great bait

Sounds like you need to be disappeared

I really like it

yes. Sup Forums hates it there for its not cute girls doing cute things

yeah Sup Forums hates it so much they have a circle jerk thread about how good it is everyday ... wait

>Do people like thing I hate?
You'd be surprised.

It's the best show this season.

Just curious if I'm the minority. My opinion won't change as it stands, but I wanted to know if I was the only one who felt it got significantly worse. The animation is fine, but holy hell, the characters and character development is awful.

Its okay, but really awkward.

To be fair the broom racing episode was great. But I do agree with you, it has been QUIET dissapointing so far.

The format changed. They're not exactly bad now, but they're not exactly about Witch Adventures anymore.

It's become a parable about the animation industry.

The character development of akko is kinda strange. She doesn't get really better in magic studies and only reflects on her doings at the end of each episode, totally forgetting everything in the next one.

Nevertheless I enjoy LWA. It's a solid 7/10. Not as good as the OVAs and not as bad as somebodies state.

This.
It may not be the OVAs, but it's still the first thing I download every week when I see it pop up in my feed.
It's still the best thing on Japanese television.

It's a great show.

It could have been much better but it's still decent.
Animation quality is dropping rapidly though, last episode looked like shit.

only mexicans watch this shit

>episode about magic power running out and not being enough to fuel everything
>episode's animation itself is cheap and budget as fuck
P O T T E R Y
O
T
T
E
R
Y

B R A V O
R
A
V
O

T R I G G E R
R
I
G
G
E
R

It held my curiosity with Ursula. I was expecting a juicy backstory.
But after the recent episodes, her mysteries are starting to fall flat.

I didn't notice anything off, which parts looked bad to you? I actually thought the storyboards and colour design were better than most episodes so far.

Pretty and retarded.
Sasuga neo-Trigger.

>Contrarians hating it for the sake of hating it
I doubt most people in this thread even watched the OVAs.

Half of the episode were close ups of faces to hide the lack of animation, and even the group shots were completely flat. Also tweening all over the place.
Not that LWA's storyboards are that interesting aside from a handful like Imaishi's and Kobayashi's ones, but this was without a doubt the worst.

It's cool to hate this show. It's actually really good.

It's gotten better since the first few episodes

If it was a 1cour airing this season it probably would be AOTS assuming the pacing was better

>He hate it
KI-SA-MA!!!
KI-SA-MA!!!
KI-SA-MA!!!

I was making a joke on how it's the only season you fuckwit...

>>>/mexico/

I dunno man, not seeing it.

Instead of trying to play off your idiocy, why don't you just turn off your computer for the day?

>I was making a joke on how it's the only season you fuckwit...
Oh I get it.
You're an idiot who can't browse Sup Forums and see that is patently wrong.

THEY'RE NOT OVAS AAAAAA

>make retarded supposition
>No guys, that was satire, I was only pretending to be retarded

Instead of trying to play off your stupidity, why don't you just turn your computer off for the day?

>look guys am I the only one hating this im such a special snowflake amrite?

That's about the only complaint anyone can make of it besides "It's boring".

>They're not the OVAs, therefore it's not a good show
Which isn't an argument. The show has problems, but not being like the OVAs isn't one.

Sup Forums loves westernized stuff like this now. you'll soon see crunchyroll threads where they talk about how much they love localized subs.

No, I meant the originals aren't OVAs.
I thought it was common knowledge what an OVA was.

>It's the best show this season.
>I was making a joke on how it's the only season you fuckwit...

Just stop while you're already behind. It's fucking embarrassing at this point. It was so blatant it was the latter. I'm just going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're trolling and just not read or reply beyond this.

It has been scientifically proven that people who dislike the Little Witch Academia TV series are less intelligent than the ones that enjoy it.

>It was so blatant it was the latter.
I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt that English is your second language, and that you didn't really know how to word some kind of brilliant pun in your native tongue.

I liked the movie but I lost interest after that. It's not that good.

Don't be so butthurt. I'm not even outright trashing the show. I just said I dislike it and asked if I was the only one.

Yes, you are literally the only person in the entire world who doesn't like this show.

samefag

Except those in the thread who share my views. Got it. If you enjoy it, all the power to you.

Nothing in the show until now has been as good as the ovas. Only the broom race episode came close.
Its a shame because they had 24 episodes to develop the characters and world but we got mostly shitty episodic stuff with almost no focus on characters that aren't akko.

i dunno about the rest of ye but the show is pretty chill.

better than half of the other shit airing

it's okay, but stay the fuck away from the threads

The answer is no, even people who like LWA don't like the show for one reason or another.

>not watching the best show currently airing

I pity you.

Why is Trigger so good at making shorts and ovas but so shit at making series?

>the characters and character development is awful
>The OVA's had better character development
and here I was thinking you were being serious for a moment

Shorts and OVAs don't have to follow a narrative structure. It's like expecting story in a Platinum game.

What they really need is someone to write for them.

KLK and Luluco were amazing.
This was Yoshinari's first series, next one will be better.

>Shorts and OVAs don't have to follow a narrative structure. It's like expecting story in a Platinum game.
What the fuck are you talking about?

>KLK and Luluco were amazing.
They weren't though. KLK's second half sucked ass and Luluco had 0 substance.

>KLK's second half sucked ass
It didn't, drop in animation quality aside.
>and Luluco had 0 substance.
Wrong again.

Shorts and OVAs only have to worry about making a self-contained, entertaining story.
Making a two-cour TV show requires some element of structure and pacing. Lest it has problems where nothing happens for multiple episodes and then suddenly a really good episode.

Well nothing is perfect, the first OVA will always be one of my favorites.

Episode 13 was a an example of what I want from this show, Fantasy, Adventure and Magic.and the more an episode diverge from this, the worse it is from me, like episode 10 people love so much because shipping. Romance is pretty much the kind of thing I least want to see in this series, so for me is the worst.

Each episode in the series has a different value for me, it's like watching a western cartoon, but that's also why I keep watching, even through sometimes I feel like dropping it.

And LWA has problems with this how? Don't tell me you're complaining about an episodic TV show.

I'm not. I'm saying that is why Trigger is way better at their shorts than their TV shows

Last ep was gold

All evidence points to their shows failing due to poor scheduling and the usual shit that happens to animators in this industry. Not so much any inherent structural difference between productions.

Akko joining the fairies was fucking funny. It was good enough as a joke, but I liked that it built up her character a bit too.

>Nobody notices that one of the fucking fairies was a robot
I guess it made more sense in-world but it still looked retarded, even Lotte got tricked.

It didn't really look like a robot

You're not the only one. But I don't think the series is "crap", I would say mediocre. As unrelated stand-alones, the episodes aren't that bad. Some are really shit, the one with the zombie or the jew dragon come to mind, but some others are pretty good, like the Sushi episode or the broom race episode. The big problem with this new LWA is that it doesn't work as a series. There is no bigger plot, or if there is one it's way too subdued and uninteresting. There is almost no call back to past events, everything seems inconsequential, the characters aren't fleshed out and don't evolve. You could watch the episodes in any random order and it would barely change the viewing experience. It lacks rythm, something series with several cours desperately need. There is no stretch of calm episodes, no buildup to a mid-series climax. It lacks a sense of time, how many month did Akko spend in the magic school? I had no idea until they celebrate Halloween in episode 13.
Other criticisms are more personal and a matter of taste. I don't like how the world of LWA isn't realistic, because I think it's a prerequisite to create a sense of wonder in a show about magic. We see very little of the muggle world. What we do see of the world seems to follow the rules of Tex Avery cartoons. The magic itself is too random, it looks like any idiot with a magic wand can cast whatever spell he wants. I don't like the Trigger-style limited animation, I think it worked fairly well in KLK but not there. I don't like the characters. The constant shouting and flailing of Akko. The fact that all characters beside Akko and Diana are left out. The lack of SoL moments. I could probably continue.

Yeah, the first one is actually a movie, while the second one is an ONA if I remember correctly, but everyone calls them OVA around here so whatever.

Yes it did

>What they really need is someone to write for them
Didn't they get Mari Okada for Kiznaiver? If they're going to hire a writer, they need to find better ones.

I like it. It's fun and entertaining with a small side of plot, which is exactly what I was expecting. My only complaint is that Lotte and Sucy should have more development.

No it didn't

OP
Frame Arms Girls thread is over there.

>plotfag
This is the problem with tattun he brings cancer over from plebbit like this faggot. There is plenty of character development in every episode you just are to autistic to understand subtetlty. Poor westernfag who needs his shows to have plot, get off this board you need to get >

The number of people complaining about "nothing happening" or "filler episodes" is fucking stupid

People were expected more witch adventures.The most adventurous we've gotten in the TV series was turning into a fish and getting conned by a dragon. I'm personally disappointed that there hasn't been any dungeon raids, and it seems like the TV series is going retcon both OVAs from ever happening.

Still, it's a fun show. Just quite different from the OVAs people loved, hence the criticisms.

Okada was obviously a retarded idea, probably pushed by some Aniplex idiot. There was also the fact that Kobayashi, despite being a great episode director, really doesn't seem fit or ready to direct an original series. For Imaishi's projects you can't go wrong with Nakashima, so I really hope the rumors about Urobochi writing his next show aren't true. LWA's main writer is a veteran that worked on the industry for decades, but the writing really isn't that great, so you can't never be sure.

Why don't you try to defend the show instead of resorting to Xfag posting?
I'm fine with episodic shows, but they're clearly teasing a bigger plot in the background and failing at making it interesting.

is this pasta?

The movies were pretty firmly in the territory of "magic high school + believing hearts" as opposed to like, fantasy adventures. I'd say those are pretty misplaced expectations.

Why would it be?
No it's not, I just wrote it.

The films' presentation of such themes are the reason why they expected much more from the TV series, though.

Maybe, but I don't feel the show is "quite different" as you say.

Yay. I like it, but just because I emotionally invested on Trigger.

go back to lucky star, pleb

>I was thinking
And here I thought you'd use your brain to type out a coherent sentence. Guess we were both disappointed :/

Don't be retarded, given the time frame, the 2 ovas did a better job developing these characters as opposed to 12 episodes.