Alice to Zorukou

Was this dude always a grumpy, miserable old bastard? According to his friend in the most recent episode, he was mostly the same when they met in his early 40s, and he wasn't even an old man yet. Do you think his personality might have been different at 20, or 16, or 5?

Uh, maybe 5.
Otherwise no, his personality was probably always the same.

Maybe the dude's wife died early and then his kid died and then he had to raise his grand daughter. Reality hit him pretty hard and he still seems like a pretty chill dude to be around. Just knows how to discipline a child. Not to mention he has to deal with yukuza.

I like him, he doesn't stand for any bull. Reminds me of my own gramps.

Unless I'm mistaken, personality doesn't really stabilize until around 16 or 17.

some men are born to watch the world burn, some men are just born Grumpy

I'm already angry at everything and I'm not even 30

This show is strangely realistic. It mentions xenophobia in Japan, the MC isn't a pedophile... I can't really put my finger on it but it seems well written thus far.

this

When I first saw this series, I basically saw the promo pic for it and thought "hm, this seems slice of lifey."

First scene: Dark and stormy night at a pharmaceuticals company with the little girl fleeing and supernatural powers getting thrown around.

ME: This is not what I signed on for... but I am on board!

Also, one thing I noted in ep 2 is that Zoroku actually did the sensible thing and warned his granddaughter about Sana ahead of time. Seriously, how many series with a premise like this has someone not in the know stroll in blind so hijinks can ensue.

Yeah, lots of realistic details like that. Like, phones actually exist and people use the to communicate, and they're not flip-phones but actual smart phones.

makes me think of all those 2000s anime where the mc comes home or move into their aunt's house or whatever and no one tells him that theirs a SUPER KAWAII GIRL living with them.
>oops did I forget to tell you?
Also that moment where Sanea turned off the stove to go hug Sana was great. It's the little things.

Going to hug Sana or remembering to turn off the stove first?

turning off the stove first.

he is prety much kiryu from the yakuza series in the 7th game

Yeah I liked how everyone at the sense actually tried to look up what happened after the lolis trashed up everything and were shocked when all the info was gone

Felt way more realistic

So funny!!

Yep, and I figured the research guys would get rid of the evidence but it seemed insurmountable. Instead they showed us they were extremely thorough in removing absolutely all the evidence and with magic it is also plausible. I assume the boy they had with them is the guy that erases evidence, we see him drawing the car from the old man. He might be some autistic savant that remembers visually very well.

And the people who saw it will still talk about it, turning it into a new conspiracy theory.

This is hiting my autism in all the right ways

My daughter Yukari is perfect with brown hair too.

Bump for hidden gem of the season.