Why was his potential wasted?

Why was his potential wasted?

he's just gohan without the childhood trauma

Goten is literally Goku minus the life experience.

>no grandpa Gohan

Because super is an abomination that is attempting to bring the original dragonball into a post DBZ world.

because they won't let goku and vegeta retire.

Because Toriyama loves goku, and not give a shit anothers characters.

Because Toriyama is a fucking hack

why does he even exist when Trunks already fullfilled the little kid protag quoto?

>Because Toriyama loves goku
wrong, it's the editors who love goku

Because he was introduced when the series was 85% over

He has power but very little combat experience making him worse than Krillin. His only use is fusion.

I dunno man.

This new arc has alot of high points so far.

>characters that don't normally or never interacted getting screentime together (Goku & 18, Goku and Buu, Goku and 17)
>new characters getting screentime besides ones we're familiar with (kaioshins and the GoDs, Toppo and the Pride Troopers)
>establishing a Tournament that isn't about pure power struggles and will encourage team fighting strategies (not really seen too often in Dragon Ball in general)

I hope they can keep this momentum going to be quite honest.

Whoever's currently directing DBS certainly has my attention more so now than previous arcs.

It's Toriyama, too. He phased Gohan out because he wasn't right for the lead role.

Toriyama believes every character he creates has their own personality that he doesn't control.

Because he's a failed attempt at Kid Goku 2.0 and unlike his father and brother when they were kids, he wasn't memorable

>Oh fuck the first son was a blunder lets try again but this time don't even bother

wrong

he tried to goku off in namek, editiors didn't like that

he made gohan the hero of cell

gohan was supposed to beat buu in the mystical form

That's so cool.

I love that despite something like 4-5 years passing by, him and trucks look the fucking same. So dumb.

>Comparing Gohan to Goten at all
>These bullshit headcanon character personality kino theories

Toriyama can't enjoy things unless there's a naked monkey kid. That's the extent of it.

>Believing these long since debunked myths

Goku was never supposed to die on Namek.

Gohan was supposed to become the main character after Cell but Toriyama quickly realized he was lame.

Mystic Gohan was never supposed to defeat Buu.

So Trunks has someone to fuse with and power up.

He had been trying to get rid of Goku ever since the end of the Piccolo arc

the

fact that so many books still name Dragon Ball as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" series ever only tells you how far anime still is from becoming a serious art.