Berserk: Animation Vs. Manga

>this scene was done better in the OVA then in the actual mango

Which is usually very fucking rare to say but they absolutely nailed it. Rereading the scans the entire thing was much more humorous and cheeky in the beginning and immediately went to life ruining fugging. Even the foreplay was extended and fleshed out compared to Griffith lip locking and throwing her on the bed.

Plus they kept splicing in Griffith's foolish lustful sinfest with cuts of Guts and him recounting exactly why he left. Griffith now realizing he was the one who drove Guts away and how he was not all powerful.

The manga did the job of showing Griffith doing the deed and a little glimpse as to why but the OVA actually rubbed it against your face hot and moist and personal.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=32xQLfebrhU
youtube.com/watch?v=GPLhpoJrqmI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

yep. music was alright too

its still not on par with the manga but seeing some favourite scenes in motion is nice

It's good tb͏h

This scene in the first or second movie too.
I didn't know anything about Berserk except it was dark and gritty. I literally screamed "NOOO" because of how out of nowhere and blatant it seemed. No thrilling music, no archer making a set up right before he shot, no nothing.
The movies are so fucking good for a Berserk virgin.

>The movies are so fucking good for a Berserk virgin.

The movies turned 3 of my friends permanently away from Berserk, they are that shitty and you have shit taste this bad.

>Sup Forums now defends these piles of garbage movies

They're awful even if you don't know a damn thing about Berserk.

Your friends are obvious plebs.

>ONE MORE THING!

This scene where they had Adonis struggling to breathe and clutching his chest in pain. Crying and streaming blood out of the corners of his mouth. So much in pain and scared yet he grasps Gut's hand while he fades away. The manga did it alright and gave us much deeper insight to why and what was going on but that animation and sound team blow it away.

I prefer the mango version. It's less heartbreaking

>I prefer the mango version
Ok but wh-
> It's less heartbreaking
OK BUT WHY?

The point of books and stories is to tell a story that effects you on a personal level. Feeling heartbreak is exactly what the artist set out to accomplish.

>nobody lies their way into a body with this man scars
That is pretty poignant for gatts.

>when you're balls deep in a mocha skinned semi thick muscle girl with severe griffith issues and all you can remember if your first big black dick

All within causality.

>trying to explain the DEEPness of Guts to a normie

my fav scene of new berserk anime

youtube.com/watch?v=32xQLfebrhU

Casca tonguing snow flakes was kind of cute.

I hope you're just saying Gatts ironically.

yup and guts look cool too

I really enjoy this ending song youtube.com/watch?v=GPLhpoJrqmI

Skull Knight is actually wise negro

screencap this

What's better in general? Mango or anime? I want to start reading, but I'm not sure

Manga > 90's anime > Movies = Games > New Anime

Mango for sure. As edgey as fuck as Berserk is it is actually very deep and has art detail and skill very few others can even begin to claim are equal. The artist is most surely autistic and draws pages of vibrant beautify and carnage to the point even non-snobbish readers have to stop and appreciate. There are so many many scene that you can stare at for 5 minutes and still find new details.

90's anime is okish and a bit of a right of passage for Sup Forumsnons to watch.

OVA's are pretty good and have amazing music. 3D animation is rampant though and triggers people.

New anime is like OVA's but lower quality but covering more story while still skipping a shit load.

Read the manga it is worth it.

Movies, then manga, then 90s anime then nothing because new anime is garbage.

season 2 is great fag

Was it rape?

>being railed by Guts leaves bruises
Dude is basically a demi-god as far as body and it was his first time which means maximum thrust.

I admit is has been a few years but I miss how much of each character is printed. Guts isn't just a muscle head and Casca isn't just a women chasing after Griffith. There are so many of these pages where they truly come to life.

It is bits of slap stick and base humor throughout that tie it all together. You can only appreciate and root for an anti-hero so long before it becomes spoiled. Brief moments where you laugh with Guts and the situation let's you emotional connect even when he is slaughtering people left and right in horrifyingly detailed ways.

>wobbly eyes
Stuff like this brings me back from the pit of despair given the current subject matter. Always enough to make you feel anxiousness and sad with enough to lighten the mood between horrifying depression.