I don't get it

I don't get it

Is Sanetoshi's plan just another version of Instrumentality?

Why did Yuri suddenly turn full lesbian on Ringo despite showing no in her earlier, then later acted like it never happened?

If Sanetoshi's soul was split like Momoka's, why did it not affect him in any way?

Was the timeline reset by Kanba and Shouma's sacrifice? If so what hapenned to Momoka and her diary?

Exactly what were The Takakura parents trying to achieve and why did it involve killing random people?

What purpose did Mario ultimately serve? Why does he own a penguin too?

Are the penguins real or just hallucinations? Why are there 3 penguins even after Kanba and Shouma sacrifice themselves?

What happened to the Princess of the Crystal? Why did she come here in the first place?

What is the Penguindrum anyway? Is it a mere concept of fate and bonding or something else?

I don't get it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=M7D87lzWKT8
youtube.com/watch?v=ON3_etFZoQc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Guru guru mawaru

It's "kuru kuru" i think

It is. I'm just a SRfag scraping by, getting my mawaru scraps wherever I can

What does "survival strategy" mean anyway? How is that related to "fate" and the rest of the stuff?

Also, why isn't Himari an idol of Triple-H in the new timeline?

Sanetoshi just wants to fuck shit up.
Because at that time Ringo was still trying to become Momoka.
It wasn't.
The sacrifice removed the karmic punishment from Himari.
When? The Takakura parents were dead all along in the ongoing timeline, in the past they were working with Sanetoshi to change the world".
Mario's hat has half of Momoka's soul.
Does it matter?
The Princess is the other half of Momoka.
The Penguindrum is semi-tangible defying of fate, without loli Jesus magic. Momoka takes on the consequences herself, wheras the Penguindrum is a "payment" to prevent the consequences.

Sharing the apple, basically.
Because the split happens when Kanba and Shouma are in the cages, which is before Shouma even meets Himari.

>If Sanetoshi's soul was split like Momoka's
>It wasn't.
alright, wait. It's been a while since I watched it but the scene that showed Momoka split into hats also showed Sanetoshi splitting into Bunny shotas. If that wasn't his soul splitting in the same way as Momoka's then what was that?

those are just penguins

This is why I didn't enjoy Yuri Kuma. It was just normal retarded instead of full-on retarded.

Ringo best girl

I want to hug her gently and whisper "daijobu" in her ear

shouma you fool

I dont think I've ever dropped another show as good as this. I loved it, it was just fucking painful to watch.

Fag.

Same except with Katanagatari instead

I would just like to remind everyone that the series ended with Ringo /ss/'s Shouma

It didn't you autist

See the image directly over your post.

i don't get it

It was an Aum Shirinkyo propaganda

The scare on Himari's forehead is from her last scene with Kanba, the burn on Ringo's wrist is from her last scene with Shouma.

They are about to leave for school in that scene. We see a reincarnated Kanba and Shouma walking in from of their old house, where Himari and Ringo currently are.

It's implied they are going to meet. And Himari has her old memory, it's just repressed, so that means Ringo does as well.

>It's implied they are going to meet.
This gigantic leap in logic.

huh. bravo ikuni i guess

>Kanba and Shouma are currently walking in front of their house
>Ringo and Himari are about to leave said house to go to school
How exactly is this a leap in logic?

I just finished this, how much time should i spend contemplating and what should i watch next?

Contemplate as long as you want
Make sure you do the reccomended reading of Superfrog Saves Tokyo, Night on the Galactic express, and the 1995 Subway terrorist attacks, or all your contemplation will be in vain though.

Just watch something fun, I like to keep a balance.

I think I watched Cromartie High when I first finished Penguindrum.

Why did the Princess choose to help Himari?

>help
She took Himari hostage

I still remember crying while fapping furiously when Ringo was raped and broken

How did she recover so fast?

>How did she recover so fast?
Because nothing actually happened. Yuri opted not to do it in the end.

Saa, omoidashite

are you sure? I thought she was ok afterwards because she was drugged and didn't remember anything

lol Kanba got NTR'd

Which part got you the most?

youtube.com/watch?v=M7D87lzWKT8
Made me feel like shit for not loving my sister enough before she died.
In retrospect I probably shouldn't have watched this show.

I want Ikuni to fill me with his seed

Because Penguindrum is a shit anime by a shit director.

I literally don't get why anyone keeps letting this guy make anime.

god this show was so much fun to watch with Sup Forums.

your face when the final thread reached 1100 posts on the old bump limit of 250

why do people pretend to like this anime ? it was shit full with poinless metaphors ! seriously there is nothing special about it !

fuck off ESL-kun

It's fine to dislike the anime if you do user, people who like it ain't pretending.

I like pretending

>you perverted stalker slut - such insolence! how dare you talk back to me? you rotten puke-brained bitch-ass whore

That was completely uncalled for. Being Ringo is suffering

When I first saw it I thought it was completely justified. After she was raped I considered this a bit too mean-spirited

Still server her right

delet this

Looks like I'm going to have to watch it for the sixth time now.

no

That sounds so cute

Shouldn't you be working on 4.0, Anno?

It's very special, because it's very charming. It sets out to do very little, but does exactly that.
Also, I don't see how it's hard to understand if you pay attention.

Ringo was very unlikable for a long while.

I disagree, Ringo was very entertaining and cute from the start.

I agree

Isn't that her sister
that's mean

It's so simple, actually

>Is Sanetoshi's plan just another version of Instrumentality?
Sanetoshi was a terrorist. Terrorism is "the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims". His political aims were to bring attention to the Child Broiler.

>Why did Yuri suddenly turn full lesbian on Ringo despite showing no in her earlier, then later acted like it never happened?
She wanted to find in Ringo what saw in Momoka. She then understood she could never replace Momoka.

>If Sanetoshi's soul was split like Momoka's, why did it not affect him in any way?
How so?

>Was the timeline reset by Kanba and Shouma's sacrifice? If so what hapenned to Momoka and her diary?
Yes, the timeline was changed. In this timeline, Himari isn't related to the brothers in any way and so she isn't cursed.
Both Momoka and Sanetoshi wanted to cause change in the world. After that change was caused, nothing is told about it to the viewer, but I'd say they both moved on, as if they were ghosts stuck on Earth. They were more akin to a curse, though.

>Exactly what were The Takakura parents trying to achieve and why did it involve killing random people?
They followed Sanetoshi. They followed his beliefs. They were dead all along, as mentioned before.

>What purpose did Mario ultimately serve? Why does he own a penguin too?
Both Mario and Himari were used as vessels for Momoka's appearance on the world. Momoka was nothing more than a spirit or an ideal, whichever you prefer to call it. She promised to save Mario or Himari if the penguindrum was found.

>Are the penguins real or just hallucinations? Why are there 3 penguins even after Kanba and Shouma sacrifice themselves?
As said before, does it matter? Nobody else saw the penguins, it's up to you to decide if they were real or hallucinations.

(cont'd in next post)

>His political aims were to bring attention to the Child Broiler.
Why?
Also I think you're wrong about this, I thought that he was some sort of entity that only came into being or awoke because of all the hate for the world generated by the original terrorist attacks.
I forget exactly why but I think it had some parallel in Utena, I think the guy in the Black Rose arc.

>What happened to the Princess of the Crystal? Why did she come here in the first place?
Princes of the Crystal is Momoka. She came to stop Sanetoshi's terrorism. It's a fight she's willing to fight even after dying for it.

>What is the Penguindrum anyway? Is it a mere concept of fate and bonding or something else?
That's the hardest question of this anime really, the rest of the plot is pretty straightfoward. One could argue it is family bonds, or fate. Personally, I never thought about it, and I think it isn't relevant. Even Momoka couldn't find words to explain it, if i'm recalling it right.

Also, some stuff to think about:
Sanetoshi wasn't a "bad" guy. He wanted to alert the society to the existence of the Child Broiler. His ways of action were bad, terrorism is never the answer. But I can sympathize with the guy. He was fighting a hard fight for the greater good. Was he really the "bad" guy, or was he the good guy and the main characters did wrong to stop him?

About the Child Broiler, what is it: It's a place where unwanted children go and are made "invisible", which I interpret as a metaphorical place that holds all the unfavoured children, be it untalented or abandoned, and where they are made "invisible", that is, invisible to the world. This invisibility is not being relevant, being scum, being poor, being unemployed, being ignored, it is being what society tries to hide and make invisible. In Penguindrum, this process is treated as, a single moment and boom, you're irrelevant for the rest of your life. This in real life, obviously, is a slow process, but here is shown as a single moment process. From one moment to another, you stop mattering to the world. Also, this is the part that hit me the most in the show. It's incredibly realistic if you think about it. Rich children are born rich, talented children are born talented, and will always be visible. The unwanted are invisible.

Feel free to ask whatever, I love debating Penguindrum.

Scratch that entire post.
I just looked it up and he was in the terrorist group. I have no clue where I came up with that theory from.

I actually only watched Utena long after watching Penguindrum.
The way I understood it, Sanetoshi as he was shown is trying to continue his work from when he was alive, and when he was alive he wanted to bring attention to the Child Broiler. I think he actually said that during the show, but don't quote me on that.

>Rich children are born rich, talented children are born talented, and will always be visible. The unwanted are invisible.
I love fate!

Yea, Sanetoshi was split into Bunny shotas.

Same

I hate you and your family

Spend all your life contemplating it. Read about it. Think about it. Then go watch Kyousougiga.

That part and the ending when Shouma and Ringo got separated.

Exactly what the show wanted to tell the viewers, you can't completely dodge fate, you can just try to change it. And it sure won't be easy.

No one really gets it, some people just pretend they get it but it's really just their own personal interpretation

Some insight on the Child Broiler, which basically agrees with me here In this page, some dude algo suggested that a child broiler could be an animal shelter where unchosen animals are killed. But I think pic related is a better explanation.

Also this

Give that hat back you bitch ass the whore.

You don't have to pretend, user.

I missed dropping Penguindrum every week with my penguinbros. I can't believe more than 5 years have passed.

so i'm not the only one who dropped this show 4 times ! it took me 3 months to finish it

>not dropping it 25 times while it aired
Yes, 25 weeks because I remember it didn't air for a week and there were still people dropping it.

>pulleys dont work like that
That was the week I DROPPED the hardest.

I remember getting on the rage train when gg cut the endcard.

Night on the Galactic Railroad or Galaxy Express 999. I'd presume the former.

Murakami has a non-fiction book about the subway attacks which answers a lot of question. Reading Murakami fiction in general will help you gain insight into Ikuni since he has a massive hardon for him.

Yeah Night on the Galactic Railroad.
There is a Night on the Galactic Express, but that's the anime movie with the cats, not the book

i'm really stupid for not understanding that !

>There is a Night on the Galactic Express, but that's the anime movie with the cats, not the book
The movie with the cats is called Night on the Galactic Railroad

Read Underground by Murakami.

>Murakami.
I'm not a hipster

It's been a while since I watched the show so I forgot exactly how this was phrased, but why did Sanetoshi talk about freeing people from their boxes or whatever? That's what made his plan sound like Instrumentality to me too, were the boxes just symbolic of a person's feelings of unwantedness or society's apathy towards them? Something like that?

I actually read some Murakami after penguinbros recommended that I did. Am I a filthy hipster now?

I interpreted the boxes as the boundaries the society put around them. Something along the lines of the Child Broiler. By doing terrorism, he would be trying to alert the society of the very existence of it.
I think Instrumentality is a bit of a stretch there, and nothing else in the series made me think of instrumentality either. But yea, it's a possible interpretation.

Well too bad, you gotta read it.
Read it and realize corporate culture is a lot closer to Aum than you might think. People were choking, blinded, and vomiting, but still tried their best to get to work.

No, Murakami is pretty popular with everyone.
It's not like you read Infinite Jest or something.

Christ, how many years has it been? Never noticed either of these.

Well I just meant that him talking about breaking people out of their boxes sounded like removing the walls between people and merging everyone into one, I kind of figured that that didn't quite fit by this point when I got the whole Broiler thing.

Another question: You said that the Princess of the Crystal is Momoka, which is made pretty clear of course, but is her design supposed to be based on Himari's regrets of not ending up being part of Double H? Since her outfit sort of matches an idol's costume and they're shown together in the EDs with her wearing it. It's something I thought of about half way through and was expecting to be brought up(and was kind of disappointed when it wasn't), but I still wonder if that was the implication.

Best song.
Episode 9 and 20.

I agree with what said for the most part, but I do think that the Child Broiler was not the main focus of Sanetoshi. Like said, he wanted to shatter the "boxes" we live in. I remember reading some kind of blogpost about the parallels between Sanetoshi and the IRL leader of Aum Shinrikyo and how he parallels him. Apparently, this guy also used the metaphor of boxes a lot and it goes back to what Shouma said in the opening of episode 1, as well as the whole child broiler thing.

It's something that seems to have affected many Japanese artists (Murakami, Anno, Ikuni). The fact that people would join a cause like Aum Shinrikyo showed that they were so displeased with how society worked, that people are stuck in their boxes, unable to reach out to each other. Confined by the boxes that fate made for them, to be chosen and saved or become invisible. He wanted to shatter these boxes and bring about a new world order,

Sorry for the disorganized rambling.

The Princess of the Crystal is Himari's manifestation of Momoka, and therefore it is possible that she takes the form of her regrets in regards to Triple H.

Many of the cultists Murakami interviewed said they felt "out-of-sync with the world." Some didn't realize that by renouncing secular life, they fell right back into another system of control; of course others realized what was wrong and had left Aum.

Well, I never thought about that. It's pretty clever and makes sense, actually, nice remark. I just thought it was a mix of fanservice and cuteness to keep the audience interested.

Doesn't that tie in neatly with the whole Child Broiler thing, though? If people were unable to escape the boxes, they could help each other, and the ones more in need of help would be the ones in the Child Broiler. In that sense, it would be people taking other people out of the Broiler. I understand pretty well what you mean, but for me, both the boxes and Child Broiler refer to the same thing.

The library episode still creeps me the fuck out and I have no idea why.

>I cannot understand this thing

>THAT MAKES ME MAD

Didn't Shouma and Kanba get turned into ghosts/curses like Sanetoshi and Momoka? What should be the point of them being children while Ringo and Himari are their regular age?

I thought that was just the result of their fate transfers? They say the same thing as the two boys that walk past the house in episode 1, so they switched places with them or something.

Takeuchi da bes

I miss Sanetoshi's hair.

After all this time it still feels like the music carries a lot of this show.

I really love the scene with Kanba going down all those stairs while the New World Symphony plays deafeningly loud in the background
youtube.com/watch?v=ON3_etFZoQc

That's clearly Utena, silly.

No. One of the points of the series is that those who sacrifice themselves for others are rewarded with new life.

Kanba and Shouma also still have their penguin follower things. You can see them in this screen shot When Shouma shows up in that scene and he finds Ringo, Yuri says "aren't you glad nothing happened". Yuri was never a bad person, just really hurt emotionally.

So was Yuri Kuma any good?

No. The story was a incoherent mess that was all over the place.