Characters who have great chemistry

>characters who have great chemistry
>an actual plot that moves forward each episode with flawless execution
>characters who develop above and beyond their initial archetype
>a satisfying conclusion
>people still complain

Keep adding more evidence to the idea that there is a organized shitposting movement against any and all KyoAni shows.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tIsCJl8iChk
youtube.com/watch?v=jPlay7B9AFQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

phantom world is not as bad as the "OMG WORST SHOW EVER" meme but it is pretty fucking dull

The same could be said about SAO. A few rights don't justify all the other wrongs.

The novels sound way more interesting

I mean, I could say exactly the same greentext for Urara and there is still some retards saying K-On! is better, so.

Why does Phantom Sales have a dedicated falseflagger making bait threads everyday but Kyoukai no Kanata didn't?
Both were equally terrible and panned.

Don't the novels turn into some grimdark apocalypse bullshit after the first novel?

KnK isn't as hated as PW. Remember every action has an equal and opposite reaction.

K-On is better, though.

literal niwaka anime

When the show was airing LNfags said the show did much to improve the shitty source material, where Haru was a gigantic perv instead of just a turbonerd and Mai and Koito were even more bitchier.

Why do ideas about shitposting organisations and irc channels get so much traction here? You guys are crazier than anti-vaccine people

It's like you didn't watch the show

I don't know how anyone can hate this. There isn't enough there to hate.

>you guys
Outsider detected.

When you are the most popular studio by a wide margin, it's going to attract some contrarians.

So phantom world was a trainwreck in all fronts.

Correct. But people would defend the Spanish Flue of all things if it was done by KyoAni

There's the absurdly terrible writing

>most popular studio
Don't make me laugh.

Stop talking about things you vaguely remember. He said Haruhiko was funnier as a pervert since some hilarious scenes came out of it. He also praised Koito and said she was his favorite girl due to her bitchiness. A big change the anime made is the Mai Koito interactions.

There was barely anything wrong with the writing though.
I say barely but I can't even think of anything.

Proof you didn't watch the series.

I've only tried watching the OVA.
It started with the MC complaining about going to the beach, so some guy said to him: "But we'll see the girls in swimsuits!" and he literally answered: "WTF I love the beach now"
It was probably the worst exchange I've ever witnessed in my life, is the writing all as abysmal as this?

It was full of brilliant writing.

I watched it when it aired and I rewatched a couple episodes since then, the period drama play and the episode where Ruru wished to be a human because those were my favorite episodes.

I saw nothing "absurdly terrible" about the writing in any of them.

See

KyoAni will never top this

What's so bad about it? Fanservice? Are you a tumblr landwhale?

The limbo scene was a stroke of genius

But those are the few things that were good.

It kinda did, but turn out it's from AU.
Yet the original Haru still cross over that AU anyway.

Don't bother. Every single thread, there's this bunch of idiots claiming all sort of things are wrong with the writing but not one of them ever actually says what is wrong with it. It's just shitposters and idiots that fell for the shitposting. Don't bother replying to anyone that gives "it's bad writing" as their only argument and never try to actually justify their claim.

Can't we just agree that it's a mixed bag and some people like it and some people don't? It's not like Phantom World is normiebait heralded like the next Eva like AoT or SAO.

Phantom World was picking apart terrible writing and showing the audience why it doesn't work. Phantom World is genius and the greatest deconstructive work of the decade.

^ false flagger

PW was good, but for a kyoanus show it didn't attracted much attention and thus shitposting was had.

Kyoani is that much well regarded

>plot
what motherfucking plot

>an actual plot that moves forward each episode with flawless execution

Nigga what show were you watching

At least it has a pretty good OP

youtube.com/watch?v=tIsCJl8iChk

Reina and Ruru's episode is literally perfect

>too stupid to follow PW plot

Are you two serious? It was straightforward government experiments gone wrong.

>the greatest deconstructive work
When will this meme ever die?

stop lying

I didn't like it much at first, this was the first male singer opening that Kyoani has had in years, if ever.

Not a meme. Phantom World is a complex work that will be remembered 20 years from now.

Phantomfags and Kyoanus shills on suicide watch as always. The anime was received badly. It did not even sell 3000 copies in Japan, which is bad even for KyoAni standards. It even scored a mediocre score on motherfucking MAL, the site where shills and plebs throw 10s and 9s around like autists. You can whine as much as you want, but this show won't get any better because of it. It's shit and so is your taste.

Remember that Phantom World is not a harem show and doesn't have any fanservice. Kyoani is pure studio and their shows are for smart people.

>my thoughts are completely dictated by other people
Real proud of you.

Not him but everyone knew that PW will be pretty meh based on LN summary. But Kyoani somehow managed to make ir even worse with their "improvement" by cutting out few redeeming qualities of a novel.

You read it? What redeeming qualities?

So you're the guy that pretends to get outraged at Kyoani changing the source when you never read it yourself

Koito lives with MC as his girlfriend and his father approves
Mai is not a cunt who can only punch him
MC's best friend is relevant ad even has a girlfriend (also double date)

Mai actually had the best bonding moment with him when he got shrunk into a shota.

How are those redeeming qualities? What makes them so?

You just had to say it, didn't you?
youtube.com/watch?v=jPlay7B9AFQ

That is what you need out of a story?

Did you read it?

This is why Phantom World is called special

This was unironically AOTS.

Phantom World is one of the few shows that makes me laugh without needing a couple of beers. It may not be Kyoanis best, but its still pretty good.

how to spot dirty tertiaries

There is no way anybody here has read it. They only go off the summaries novelanon posted.

I think the issue with PW is that it doesn't appeal to any specific group. People that like Kyoto Animation typically arent into high school battle harems and people that are arent going to get too much out of this. It doesnt lean hard in any direction and its episodic, without any kind of actual plot until the end. Lots of people write it off as fan service bait. It has great animation, but again people that are into that arent typically interested in battle harems.

Are you falseflagging, shitposting, or are kyoanifags really this deluded? PW was shit, people only praising it for the girls and the fanservice.
I gave it a chance when it aired, but I dropped it at episode 7.

Only youtube babbies think Phantom World is the worst. Fuck Digibro.

Woah. You, anonymous number 155794346, gave it a chance? Man, Kyoani must feel honored that such a fine and educated nobody on the internet gave one of their shows a chance.

Digobro absolutely destroyed the reputation of this show and gave Kyoani haters and contrarian something to latch onto.

What reputation?

What did he say? I'm not going to watch his shit videos.

The guy is absolutely irrelevant.

I want eceleb fags to leave.

This has the HOTTEST main villain I've ever seen

What'd he say about it?

I want to impregnate and marry Mai.

Some shit about the whole show being boring, even though he said he dropped it after the first episode. He wrote it off as being nothing but fanservice.

He watched the whole show and discussed it.

Report anyone discussing e-celebs

>youtubers

Neo-Sup Forums, everybody.

>youtube reviewers
What the fuck happened to this board?

As far as story construction goes, K-On is much better in that regard. Even KnK has better plot motivation than the whole shit PW was.

Okay, but what Ultimatemagax said? He is more trustworthy.

I dont think hes mentioned it much

He said he never got around to reading it

It doesn't matter and nobody really goes to youtube except the people that spammed this shit on PW threads and used it to shit on PW.

The truth.

You know what's funny, people did that same thing for Space Dandy too.

Say something nice about Phantom World!

It's fun!

The Chuuni summonings, effects, and paroles (except Koito's, piece of shit) were very cool. Ishihara is good at creating stylish magic powers.

Ruru and Koito were well designed, good OST, good animation.

It gave us the hottest girl of the year.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

It ended

>you will never smell Reina's asshole
Why even live?

It's deleted now, but please tell me it wasn't a video of Digibro. People can't stoop as low as using his videos in an argument.

>he thinks Phantomfags and KyoAnifags are the same people

There will never be a second season

Please don't even mention Space Dandy in the same sentence as Phantom Shit.