Diamond no Ace

Will Furuya ever recover?

Animeonly here, what happened? Did Sawamura finally surpass him?

They went to Koshien got eliminated at some point against the best pitcher in Japan, who happens to be from the same region as Furuya, after a furious showdown between those 2.

Then started again and they fail to qualify to the next koshien, as Furuya completely lost the plot and started to be obsessed by that other pitcher, and is following his own goals instead of focusing on being useful to the team, and also because their batting line-up went to shit after the retirement of the 3rd years.

So the coach is angry and told the team he'll redefine the players place in the hierarchy from scratch and bring some new blood from the 1st years if they're good, and they start training again for the next koshien.

Meanwhile, Sawamura is improving steadily while training with Miyuki and some 1st years newcomers, and is focusing on his progress being actually helpful to the team, while Furuya still didn't understand that.

So right now they're having a friendly game against a powerhouse from another prefecture, and Sawamura is completely shutting them down, while Furuya once against lost his mind and butchered some plays, making coach mad as fuck. Considering some "hints" the author left at the beginning of this arc, it's pretty obvious that Furuya will be dropped out of the ace position, and he's only realizing it now.

bump

Not really

of course he will

Now that it's over, do you guys miss /spa/?

Not yet

I never liked Furuya, good riddance

thank fuck

I couldn't get through the second season because of this asshole. glad he's finally losing his touch,

Furuya is anti charismatic as fuck, as well as being quite unfriendly, I can't understand why the author created a character that important in such a way.

Furuya will be fine once his Ace number gets taken. Having that made him lose sight of everything, which he's in the process of trying to overcome.

Just hope we don't see Sawamura go through the same thing once he gets it, but I'm not that worried.

what if Miyuki gets the n°1?

Frankly, he probably should. He's Seidou's mvp, no questions asked. It wouldn't impact Furuya very significantly, because the key point there is that the number is taken away from him, not that Sawamura (or anybody else) has it. Also a good excuse to keep Sawamura from getting complacent and egotistical about it, which will spare us from having him go through what Furuya is now.

looking forward to the next 50 episodes hopefully soon

Rookies has a better cast and better arcs

I tried reading this but the scans were godawful.

I read this shit religiously years ago when chapters used to get pumped out literally every day. Did everything finally get scanlated or do I need to go watch the anime to get filled in on the missing chapters?

As an anime-only boy this an inevitability. Furuya was always shit with no potential narrative arc.