Bakabt is a private tracker now

how am I supposed to leech old anime now?

Don't watch old shit.

>please do not post/forward this information to social media
Devilish, user.

Goddamn, are we going to get this thread every five minutes? Fuck off to /wsr/.

Sup Forums is not social media!

Seems I choose the right time to start streaming everything.
Anime is so shit now that it doesnt deserve a download.

Thousands of old anime are now unwatchable. I'm seriously considering suicide right now.

And nothing of value was lost.

I mean they're not unwatchable user, XDCC is an option if you don't have an AB/bakabt account.

damn i'm pretty sure my account got pruned at some point. Oh well

>bakabt account got pruned
>didn't do the AB interview when I had the chance because "who needs that, I already have bakabt lmao"
I hope they at least open registrations for a while or something

I'm more bothered about the old manga.

If anything, it's anti-social!

>XD
get out

Where can you download old anime with XDCC?

and the artbooks, and OSTs, oh my!

Those fuckers pruned accounts way too often. I've had four accounts that got pruned because of "inactivity" and the latest one of course got pruned just in time for this shit. Fuck them.

May as well be, since all the normalshits stay here.

Think they'll finally retire FUNi's ancient blacklist now? Fucking Box implemented that just because he was neurotic about being sued when nobody knew how much he was earning out of the donate link.

I just wish my torrents would fucking seed so I wouldn't have to log out to download something.

I hope none of you come to my private tracker. Seriously Bakabt was there to filter out all those lazy shits not taking their hobby seriously. Using Bakabt is the equivalent of phoneposting

Same.

I have an AB account so I'll be fine.

Anything that you can easily find now can be found on nyaa anyways, Bakabt is mostly for older shows.
Luckily, I recently bought a new hard drive and filled it up with anime from Bakabt, I think I've got just about everything I'd ever want from there.

Private trackers are fucking stupid, and this isn't even sour grapes because everything, or at least everything worth watching, was available publicly until now. There was no point (besides futureproofing) to use anything else prior to this.

>tfw completed your backlog already

Name 1 anime released in the last 20 years that you can't download from nyaa or somewhere else other than bakabt or AB.

>private trackers are stupid because everything is avaible somewhere else
If we exclude private trackers from that list. You're wrong. Private trackers have tons of content. But since you're not on one you wouldn't know

I think I downloaded one anime years ago with my account. Certainly it has been pruned by now.

Yeah, licensed Funimation shows blacklisted from BakaBT, which, if you're watching in the first place: you have shit taste.

>or somewhere else other than bakabt or AB.
So you mean other private trackers?

BKBT will fucking die if they keep the blacklist.

animetorrents.me?

>last 20 years
Most of us want to watch 40 year old anime like
>Kyouryuu Tankentai Born Free

well if they're going private they don't really have a reason to keep it

So you're clearly ignorant. I mean it's fine and all but don't act like you're superior just out of ignorance.

Some shit like Pretear is hard to get hold of. But I think that was blacklisted on AB anyway.

Your point being? Name one anime you can find on Nyaa you can't find on kissanime.

You're the one pulling the
>PSSSH, if you CASUALS actually liked anime as I do you'd spend all your time curating your accounts on a secret club
It's the same reason I don't have a MAL account: it's pure baggage. Would it have been prudent to have an account in the case of something like this happening? Yes, it would have. Would there have been any reason to use it prior to this? No, not at all.

>please care for just how little I care about my hobby
Sour. Effin. Grapes.

>caring about a hobby equates to how big of an e-peen you have and how many private clubs you're part of and not, you know, actually how much anime you watch
HxH is shit, by the way.

This does suck ass but was bound to have happened sooner or later. It is not dead you can still get everything but the newfags will have a hard time getting anime now. I think nyaa is still invincible though. Have we heard from daiz yet?

Not that guy but the acquisition of anime doesn't really have much to do with actually enjoying it so who really cares as long as it's still the same quality.

It's not great but I can mostly live with it. The biggest problem are the loss of the music collections. That one hits really hard.

>Private trackers are fucking stupid [...] because everything, or at least everything worth watching, was available publicly until now
>You're wrong. Private trackers have tons of content.
My point is that I've never failed to find something on a public site, assuming you meant that your trackers have exclusive content that nobody shares outside of them

>checked all my "plan to watch" stuff
>all of them have seeds on nyaa
wait, maybe bakabt wasn't that important after all

They still exist though. Why is everyone saying thet are dying?

You honestly just sound jealous. Refusing using useful features such as MAL just because you think anyone that uses Sup Forums (an anonymous message board) cares about epeen in the first place?

>HxH is shit
What a meaningless statement. Good job on identifying the reaction-image I guess?

>as long as it's still the same quality
That's why you use AB. At least that's why I use AB. Is having easier access somehow not related to a 'quality' experience?

How do you know it exists outside of the private tracker if you don't use a private tracker? Let alone shit that might be on Nyaa but simply isn't beeing seeded at all. You can convince yourself of whatever you want to believe. But if there was no reason for AB to exist it wouldn't be used and regarded a high-quality private tracker.

Most of the best anime of all time like the World Masterpiece Theater are now impossible to find.

>and other sites

Post your MAL and I can send you an AB invite.

Good, Miyazaki is a hack and you should really not be watching anime made for literal children with piss poor animation techniques that's better in their original novel form either way.

wasn't it always , though?

don't have a MAL

Also got kicked from AB for inactivity

They're not dead, but thay're main was definitely the fact that they have a huge well-seeded catalogue and that was open.
Everyone interested in a private tracker, myself included, already have an AB account, and honestly BBT doesn't offer anything more that it, so I wouldn't surprise if going private will end to be the first step towards death for them.

Good thing i have an account on that since 6 years ago :333333333333333

Well now that it's private, I want in! I don't care if there's anything in there I want or not.

>Using Bakabt is the equivalent of phoneposting
Perfect analogy, phoneposters should be all be banned.

DELET THIS!

> you should really not be watching anime made for literal children
Why shouldn't I? Rilu Rilu Fairilu is the best anime ever.

I don't refuse to use MAL because of anything anybody else does or thinks. I don't use MAL because there's no point in using MAL.

>Is having easier access somehow not related to a 'quality' experience?
Up until twenty four hours ago NOT having an AB account WAS the "easier access". Given the choice between
>jumping through hoops to get an account (begging for invites or filling out a ridiculous application)
>seeding and maintaining a ratio
>having to regularly login to avoid being pruned
versus
>download and watch a show
>that's it
Why would anyone choose the first, really? Not that there's anything wrong with using a private tracker. It just doesn't mean you're "more into" the hobby than anyone.

>forgot my old account
Oh well.

>Signed up for a BakaBT account donkey's years ago

Wonder if it still works.

bakabt was mostly shit, they always chose to host memecartel trash subs for their batches

>don't have a MAL
shameful

You're stupid and I can only tell you you probably deserve it.
Let me use your logic here.
Torrenting is a hassle
>have to install torrent client
>have to virus scan
>have to make settings
>have to download torrent
>have to finish torrent
>have to start watching
Why not just use Kissanime
>few keystrokes
>can literally start watching

That's your logic right there. Again lazy people don't deserve anything. You don't even understand the usefulness of MAL. I just pity you people at this point.

Same, but there's no way I can remember the username and password, might be able to get it if they allow email resets.

Why use that shit hole when I can just stream.

Kochikame but I doubt even AB has it

Shouldn't have let myself get kicked like that, wanted to get a few VNs recently and realized I got kicked.

If I make a MAL can I still get an invite

>It just doesn't mean you're "more into" the hobby than anyone.
It means that you're not a fucking retard.

>who needs AB, nyaa+bakabt is all I need, maintaining an account is a pain anyway
Well, fuck me.

Go and stay go

No, see, because there's a tangible benefit to torrenting over streaming, so
>torrenting versus streaming
isn't even remotely the same as
>torrenting off of one tracker versus another

They're both fucking torrenting. Often with the same groups, releases and encodes, even.

>pic related
it's fucking shit

Oh please since it went private everyone is acting like they used it everyday.

Stop overreacting.

I don't know, I'd feel pretty fucking retarded interacting an any "anime community" other than this one.

Feels good being an oldfag who's already watched any old anime worth watching when it was airing.

I had to download the 720p release of Overman King Gainer from AB. It was dead on Nyaa and not on BakaBT at all

I'm not going to respond to you, but I literally did use it every day.

I watch a lot of anime.

>tfw 13 year old BakaBT account

>I don't use MAL because there's no point in using MAL
Though I use AniDB, there's similar value in finding well-rated series, finding high-affinity series (well-rated by people who've given ratings similar to you), and finding series related to series you like. If you don't find that valuable then the site won't have a point for you, but others might find it useful.

>Why would anyone choose the first, really?
Seeding is necessary to keep torrents alive. Regular logins and account requirements prevent leech-and-abandon accounts, ensuring people seed. While it's not wrong to only leech, seeders are absolutely more valuable.

For those who know about AB, is that 72 hour seed requirement I read in another thread actually a thing?
I like to turn my computer off every night but I'm seeding all day, if I were to get in there some day would I have to keep my computer on and seed non-stop for 72 hours?

>AB never opening their applications again due to ongoing security risks
>BBT going full private tracker due to sustained harassment from copyright hounds
Glad I bothered to join both of these even if I took them for granted all these years. Feel bad for new people getting into anime that are out of luck, not so much for the smug cunts who thought they were too cool to make a BBT account when they were free.

It's not non-stop, it's cummulative

You're wrong no matter how much you try to cover up your stupidity. But I'm glad you aren't on my tracker.

MALs are just useful to get information on when related series will air. It's also nice to keep track of what you watched when. I honestly don't get the hostility over MAL if it's just for personal use and for easy categorization and maybe to show your friends whenever they ask for a recc. But hey. That's just the personal use I had out of MAL.

>if I make a MAL will I get an invite
I was honestly just going to judge you by your opinion. I guess that's kind of impossible if your MAL isn't complete and I wouldn't say it's worth the trouble starting it up from scratch now just for an invite if I'm being honest. Just wait until they start accepting applications again.

Because maintaining a ratio when all 1080p is freeleech on top of having a bonus point system and only having to log in once every two months is such a pain right?

You don't interact in the community any more than you do on nyaa/bakabt, now you're just trying to make up reasons.

Meh. BakaBT had been going to shit since they started blacklisting stuff anyway.

Plus it's obvious that any single site/tracker/bot will disappear sooner or later. You should get everything that might interest you as fast as you can (or help set up and run a resilient decentralized system if you really care about conserving this stuff).

I will get called at but

From BakaBT I saved nearly all the Key stuff being them artbooks and music minus all the stuff from Charlotte,Rewrite,possibly Kud Wafter and maybe Angel Beats needs to be updated

Ditto for Rozen Maiden,Chobits and Bottle Fairies.
I'm fumbling into my external drive and possibly have tons of manga saved,novels,crap from Hayate no Gotoku but the OST section needs a fucking update,nearly everything from Pani Poni,Lupin The 3rd OSTs,more things from Haruhi and Full Metal Panic,can't fucking find the stuff I saved from Code Geass maybe those are in another drive or accidentally deleted and I don't know what.

I'm a member since 2008 but on 2010 I lost everything and account was pruned,newer one is still standing so if they remove whatever they have on their black list I'll be seeding it back

You don't have to seed non-stop. You just have to seed for 72 hours in 2 weeks.

Yes, some people would definitely find it useful. There's absolutely no problem with that. It's great if people want to use private trackers too, and you're completely right about the benefits of seeding and so on.

It just doesn't mean someone is inherently more into anime if they choose to utilize those options when others exist.

>Because maintaining a ratio when all 1080p is freeleech on top of having a bonus point system and only having to log in once every two months is such a pain right?
There are plenty websites I have accounts on I visit less often, yes.

>You don't even understand the usefulness of MAL
Name me one feature, retard.

To search for anime? You can do the same in anidb, but there also you get complex search using tags. For example try searching for anime with love triangles on MAL.
Check for seiyuu's? In anidb you can also see their discography or for example in which episode their character appeared.
Keeping the list of your anime? You can use your own memory. But if you're dumb retard, then again Anidb. It even has client which automatically adds anime you downloaded, you just need to click one button to mark it as watched.
And I'm not even talking about million of other features like full customization, relation graphs, notifications, etc, etc, etc.

Everyone who uses MAL is a retarded fucking newfag.
Now get the fuck out.

Oh shit, I wanted to download Gururu.

More like 30-40 years, 20 years ago was only 1997.

Yes 72 hours minimum, but it doesn't have to all be at once. Just cumulative. As long as you don't stop seeding for like a whole week it won't be flagged as a H&R. They realize not all their members have seedboxes and don't expect everybody to be perfect seeders, they actually have a lot of leeway despite how scary their rules sound. I have a 4.6 seed ratio despite having a garbage upload rate because they practically give away upload credit.

that will never not be amusing

None of these things are particularly rare to get by.