Funi is kill

>Funi is kill
>Amazon is putting it's weight on the anime market and taking a bunch of shows
>Hollywood is taken an interest in anime
>Bakabt is now private
>CR is making their encodes much worse to save money
>CR bought out funi
All in under a year. Anything else I missed?

Other urls found in this thread:

funimation.com/blog/2016/09/08/funimation-crunchyroll-working-together-to-bring-you-more/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Hollywood is taken an interest in anime
Not really

>Anything else I missed?
Yeah, the day your class learned to spell "taking" in school.

>>Hollywood is taken an interest in anime

nah

(((Ghost in the Shell))) is not a runaway success and has become another textbook case on how not to make anime into live action.

The end times are upon us. Repent your sins!

Hollywood has forever had some interest in anime/manga/etc, which occasionally leads to some project. There is a bit more activity at the moment though (Ghost in the Shell, Death Note, Alita: Battle Angel, etc) but most of them have been in development hell for years.

The search for franchises and IP to adapt makes these look attractive to Hollywood, but they have been unable to deal with the biggest issue, they can't get general American audiences interested in any Japanese franchises.

Bakabt are pussies. Anime companies are fucking peanuts smalltymers compared to Hollywood and the MPAA, yet Piratebay soldiers on while baka hides under the sheets from companies like Funimation (funi couldn't afford the shoe shine bills for one Hollywood MPAA lawyer). Now their cuckhood is complete, after being totally owned by the nobodies who license Vietnamese animated illustrations.

Baka will shrivel and die as some private elitist club. Fuckers don't even have a password recovery page, just some dramatic quote, though my account hasn't been used in years so probably got trashed anyway.

>CR bought out funi
When did this happen?

When amazon and steam starts selling more anime they will dmca every torrent/download site there is.

BakaBT was an anime site which pretended to be legitimate by saying "we do takedowns when asked" and were based on a server that cares about the DMCA. Much the say way you still have Baka-Tsuki take steps to pretend to be in compliance with copyright law despite it all being copyright infringement regardless of if a title is licensed or not. It is mostly a relic from before simucasts were a thing and fansub groups justified themselves by saying they weren't stepping on publishers toes.

all the streaming options in the USA are such trash, if this happens, it's going to kill the hobby for a lot of people
not to mention the fact that older shows will be completely fucking shot into obscurity again

no, is going to kill the hobby for a few elitist nerds who still think is the 2008's. more people are watching anime than ever thanks to streaming on phones.

The thing is, I don't watch modern anime. At all. I could give a fuck less about newshit, so it's annoying when shows with little to no commercial value get harder to get. There are 70s, 80s oddities that baka would have seeded. Stuff like a fuzzy nth generation VHS ripped Candy Candy (hypothetically, as there may be other torrents for that exact example).

That kind of shit needs to be torrented and is not streamable, has little of the modern fansub drama, and it sucks when it gets scarcer.

So what if I have a Baka account, and would be willing to seed torrents for other Sup Forumsnons? Why is there no way to connect your pc to my pc over the interwebs, and share the files like that?

Will anime finally die?

Of course, this is the main concern. You aren't going to have any problems finding anything post 2010 anytime soon, but there are plenty of old titles with very few sources, and if the main public archive for those becomes private, then that is a huge issue.

They killed every other media. You know anime and then net will follow eventually too.

Maybe we will go full circle and only way to get anime will be illegally imported cds sold on bazaars.

>ordering Chinese bootlegged BDs to watch last season's anime
Might be comfy

Does anyone have all the hashes saved from Bakabt? They fucked me hard. Fucking cocksuckers pruned my ass then pulled this shit. I'm fuming.

I know this is bait and all but still almost threw up in my mouth a bit there.

Anyone else remember buy those bootleg HK anime DVD sets from shady places like Animeniacs? Cardboard foldout sets in plastic slipcovers. It's how I got the original green jacket Lupin III series and such back before torrenting was feasible.

The fucking video would have watermarks from the pirates show up occasionally, along with their email address even (during the show!). Supposedly, the profits went to the Triad gangs.

Yes, because casuals are the most stable basis of income, it isn't like AoT season 2 is turning out to be a gigantic flop....
Many of the new Anime fans will simply stop after two years and move to live action, the only thing that CR did was create an unstable industry which is already close to collapsing.
> More people watching Anime than ever.
Not really the 90's had still more people watching Anime then now. The higest point of Anime popularity in the West were the days of DBZ and Pokemon.

>Bakabt is now private
>now

>Bakabt is now private
wtf

>Bakabt is now private
Damn.

>try the olg BakaBT google trick
>it works
>click link
>“And the future never comes. What comes is always here now.” asking for user/pass
Damn jews.

what is even the point of this?

it seems like now there is not even a reason to use Bakabt anymore

>"bakabt is a public tracker, ask yourself, do you REALLY need an account?"
well ok
>"DURR BAKABT IS NOW PRIVATE"
wow, fuck you

he got fucked by c&d spam

apparently they have a partnership that's getting spun as a buyout by doomsayers
funimation.com/blog/2016/09/08/funimation-crunchyroll-working-together-to-bring-you-more/

>Bakabt is now private

kek, they just shot themself in the foot. The only reason people used it over AB was that it was semi public. People who just want to download a show or two will just go back to Nyaa, and those that are willing to go through the loop to get into private tracker autism can just get an AB invite instead

Where the fuck am I supposed to download Inuyasha OST now?
Fucking jews

Who started studying moon so you can buy raw manga and escape translated anime only pleb status here?

im fucked

cr and funi is useless here in my country since 99% of the titles in funi are US only, CR has its 80% only available on US viewers only and the rest is view-able to the rest of the globe

i guess nyaa is my friend, i might try AB but I still have a bakabt account active even though I never logged in the account for about 5 years or so, it's just my synology NAS seeds the 18 torrents that I had with bakabt seeding at that time so I guess seeding made my account active despite of not logging for a very long time.

they say that AB is great, but yeah, bakabt doesnt have everything but there's nyaa and irc you can go to if you want more animus. So I guess I can leave without AB specially that their site is closed for registration.

Anime is going to go back underground bros. It's gonna be like the pre-file sharing days. You ready to burn DVD-Rs or BD-Rs of poorly translated animu full of unnecessary expletives and share them with guys down the street?

>Anime is going to go back underground bros
>implying CR will die
>implying streaming networks won't take advantage on the lack of torrents

Obviously I'm talking from the perspective of someone who isn't going to pay for animu. You realize of course once CR has a monopoly it's all going behind a paywall

You underestimate how many fucking ways there are to file share in the internet of today.

All the major rippers already have premium accounts. Putting a paywall in front will only cause the fags that were watching ads to switch to less legit sites or torrents.

-Old p2p shit that is essentially verboten now, a land of bots seeking out IPs of people to sue
-Newsgroups that are heavily restricted in who can get on them and are extremely inefficient in sharing due to size limits on attachments, needing tons of split parts and custom progs to download and reassemble them automatically.
-Torrents which are so centralized for anime to get anything beyond the most popular stuff that a few concerted c&d efforts would take nearly 95% of anime offline.
-IRC which is currently the best option with some disadvantages like inconvenience and bot lists being a bit too centralized now which leads to c&d madness.
-ddl which is a constant battle of expiring links, inconvenience to downloaders who don't want to jump through a thousand adfly link hoops, and the services trying to nickel and dime people to get them to sub that means most stuff will be up for days and the sites of the individuals who upload the stuff are big targets for c&d madness.
-ghetto sharing over email or file sends from one individual to another: basically passing around DVDRs and BDRs only less physical interaction and relies on informal networks of trusted individuals

What did I miss?

Then only reason was to possibly get old releases with good seeds.
Now I guess either TT or Nyaa will have to do.

Or that other private tracker that actually has rare releases like the Di-Di Charat original series DVD.
I forgot the name of that site though.

Oh I forgot one:

-crazy benevolent great humans who are nuts and thus who host it themselves. There are a few of these benevolent individuals around and how they do what they do I don't know besides donations, which doesn't really cover their ass for hosting the stuff, just pays for some of it. These sites are sadly also a big target for potential c&ds, although some of them already deal with this partially by removing certain series from specific publishers who demand it but if they got a CR c&d for literally everything CR has most of their catalogue would be gone.

>Torrents which are so centralized for anime to get anything beyond the most popular stuff that a few concerted c&d efforts would take nearly 95% of anime offline.
I hope someone is doing regular backups of nyaa. We wouldn't want any unfortunate accidents happen to it, right?

nyaa is so huge I don't see how anyone can back up the content on it. Just the infrastructure, but that'd be useless in the event of a wide ranging C&D.

>huge
The torrents and database, not the videos themselves. That should only be a dozen GB or so.

How would they go about repurposing it though in the event of a shut down? Would anyone really even want to do that for a site which just got C&Ded to death?

GitS flopped hard despite being an above average film that at least stays minimally faithful to the source material.

>seven months old
Even if there was something to it, it's not like it would affect the quality of either of them.

>bakabt private
but if I have animebytes and use nyaa for everything else does it matter?

host it in a different country

Yes, where else would you get 480p HorribleSubs batches

>above average film
Even with Fatty McFatTat at the helm?

what did he mean by this

>480p

no
majority of people complaining used nyaa for everything and bakabt for the rest you couldnt find, and didn't want to participate in the private tracker circlejerk
now bakabt became a bad animebytes, and there is no public tracker as good as bakabt to take its place
a pretty shitty predicament

>no registration link on the new BakaBT, only username/password boxes
I wonder if they're also going to do some sort of dumb invite-only system.
I also wonder how long it will take until they realize how hard they fucked up.

They're probably getting the situation sorted out with their host first before doing stuff like that. The site isn't going to be hurt by a few days of no new users. Invite only would be stupid though.

Here you go assholes

>Sign ups are currently closed, so if you are currently without an account or your account has been pruned, you will be unable to use BakaBT from now.

BTFO

I heard someone created a textfile of all of the bakabt magnet links, and if anyone knows where it is...

>some dumb copyright agency fucked our site
>so we decided to kill it for good
Great job fucktard.

He should've hosted in Mongolia

One of my taisetsu na mono is a HK bootleg DVD set of Mahoujin Guruguru. IIRC it's both seasons. Who needs subs? (I think it has Chinglish subs which is as good as no subs.)

And then there were all those Son May CD collections from the late '90s, where they would put five or six singles together. Rips from some of those Son Mays are still in my regular MP3 collection.

>they just shot themself in the foot
>le they went sekrit club
see

funimation has a tv channel

It's just pathetic for them to roll over to some copyright bullies working for anime company tier pay. Literally getting your ass kicked by the weakest kid on the schoolyard.

Real heroes like Kim Dotcom have stared down the combined might of Hollywood and Washington and won. Nobody with power gives a fuck about anime IP, no lobbyists, zilch, and anybody with guts would have told those trolls to fuck themselves and soldiered on.

Whatever replaces them will be superior anyway.

only in Los Angeles and San Francisco, I think

>Ghost in the Shell

I heard it was a huge success in China, which makes me wonder if these formulaic action movies like Fast and the Furious, Avengers etc are really being marketed to Americans or to the Chinese.

>Whatever replaces them will be superior anyway.

What is IRC and USENET

These have been around for ~20 years

Usenet is slowly dying. Also a majority of the people on this website aren't going to pay for free stuff

>Chinglish subs
An all time greatest butchery of English on a HK DVD was with One Piece, where Sanji had the shame of being named "Sunkist". Fucking Sunkist.

Just look at what that guy said, it sounds much more like a poorly-thought excuse to pin the blame on a ghost than an actual reason. Yeah yeah I'm sure a copyright agency spammed C&Ds on everything you had, even things they never had copyright on. Sure, let's go with that.

Fast and the Furious movies are actually good though.

producers only get a fraction of foreign sales due to the costs associated with it
it cost 110m to make excluding marketing which is safe to assume is at least an added 50m on top of that, and made a total of 130m back so far, 90m of it foreign
its not a success by any means

>USENET
My ISP, sadly, doesn't carry usenet binary groups. Paying a service for that ain't happening either.

I have no idea what the real situation with them is, but those people definitely do shit like that. They're scum and are mainly based around bullying people into submission whether they actually have a real case or not.

Yeah, it's been a while but I'm pretty sure the Cowboy Bebop box set I got was from something like that. That being said I don't remember the pirate stuff being too noticeable.

The most annoying thing about Chinglish subs is how they used romanizations of the Chinese pronounciation of name kanji. Oh shit kokujin what you doing.

Don't forget Netflix killing every show they license.