Waifu Etiquette

Hello, Sup Forums,

I've been wondering: What exactly are the do's and don'ts of having a waifu? Are multiple waifus allowed? Is fapping to your waifu degeneracy, or just the equivalent of husband/wife sex? Do you view her as an actual romantic partner, or just a placeholder until you someday find real love?

I can't think of any more questions, but if you can think of any other 'rules', do tell.

Do whatever you want.
I have a small Typemoon harem with a waifu.

PROTIP: If you ever used the word "waifu" in a context where it couldn't simply be substituted for "2D wife", you are the cancer that's killed the english-speaking anime community.

This

Do you have a TM harem too? Who is in yours?

>Do whatever you want

Literally this, the whole point of anime is to escape reality and be entertained, not follow some autists' arbitrary rules.

>waifu thread
>posts non Sup Forums waifu

Fuck you op

Who cares
Only autists have a waifu unironically

Well, Sup Forums didn't seem like the right people to ask, so...

Are you the guy from the waifu thread with two waifus?

Who cares when you will just use it to mean your favorite anime girl anyway. Or any anime girl.

My FGO team

*begins sweating profusely* N-no...whatever makes you think that?

I would really only call Ruby my waifu, I just like Mordred's design. I really only posted her because I wasn't sure if non-Sup Forums waifus were allowed

Nice, me too. Whose in yours?

The only rule is that you have to genuinely love your waifu in romantic sense and consider her your one and only significant other.
>Are multiple waifus allowed?
That's called harem, not waifus. There isn't anything wrong with it, but use the proper name.
>Is fapping to your waifu degeneracy, or just the equivalent of husband/wife sex?
Nothing wrong with it as long as it comes from love.
>Do you view her as an actual romantic partner, or just a placeholder until you someday find real love?
That's favorite character, not a waifu. If you love your waifu, you'd want to be with her and no one lese.

Do whatever you want, but if you really want me to write a personal code to follow...
1. Remember to only have one waifu. Having more than one waifu will ruin your laifu.
2. Other people are allowed to know about your waifu, but you should not kiss the air next to you or in front of you in public settings (sleeping holding pillows is fine)
3. If you find a 3D that is accepting of your waifu you have found someone special, as you won't need to completely throw out your waifu.
4. All fapping is degeneracy.
5. If you must have more than one waifu, please just choose one per show/game/etc because if you don't you'll regret it

I see. Well even if that's so, those threads are very close minded. I'm the one in that thread asking why polygamy is bad. You can see that they assume its shitposting right away.

Just do your own thing and find people to talk to about waifu stuff on your own terms. It's what I've learned to do.

Sup Forums is disgusting

Tituria, Nito, Scathe, Musashi, Medusa, Illya. Among a few others

That is some unexpectedly refined 10/10 taste my man.

Thanks, mates.

I do personally believe polygamy is wrong myself, but the conversation made me wonder whether or not the same morality even applies when dealing with fictional characters. And again, I would only really consider one of them to be my true waifu, the other is just a character I happen to like.

No one wants these discussions there because they always attract the worst kind of posters, crossboarders, trolls, people who spout "atusits!" all over the place etc. You are free to make your own threads for these discussions, but WW are for serious waifu posting.

Looking forward to that CCC event too

Ah I see. I just don't see why loving multiple people is wrong, or why people can't just, you know, let each other be either polygamous or monogamous. It's not like they affect each other in any way.

Are you saying a harem can't be serious love? That is rather ignorant and close minded.

OP, I bring you wisdom from /k/

>Are you saying a harem can't be serious love?
Point me where exactly did I claimed that.

There may be rules in the community, but personal rules are up to you
It's not our place to make the rules up about your relationship
Do we consider fapping degenerate? I dunno, do you? Because that's what matters

I'll have you know that this is a Christian image board. And under Christian belief, marriage is between one man and one women. Anything else is complete blasphemy and should be shunned upon.

>those nails

You sound like you lack conviction.
Your waifu=your wife.
Other places it might mean "character that I like". The fashionable waifufag.
Reach deep into your heart and ask "do I want to be with this girl for the rest of my life? Do I want to die with her in my heart?"
Only insane people have waifus. In the end just do whatever your heart tells you and don't compare yourself to anyone else.

>3. If you find a 3D that is accepting of your waifu you have found someone special, as you won't need to completely throw out your waifu.
So it's okay to cheat on your waifu if a 3DPD is okay with you being a little bit weird and having pictures of anime girls on your computer?

>1. Remember to only have one waifu. Having more than one waifu will ruin your laifu.
>5. If you must have more than one waifu, please just choose one per show/game/etc because if you don't you'll regret it
Oh never mind, this was just bait.

Oh good, I just wasn't sure. I still don't see why there needs to be a barrier and feeling that the waifu threads are somehow superior for keeping out haremfags.

I don't subscribe to christianity.

Well in reality, polyamory fails because people get jealous and favorites are bound to happen. Imagine if you were planning on spending a holiday with your boyfriend but he already made plans with his favorite girl. Then you're stuck with the only one of your guys who isn't doing anything but you only really use him when you want to vent your frustrations or are bored and no one else is around. It just doesn't work all that well.

If you're not a Christian little girl, why are you even here? Get out before I pull my buzzer.

>Well in reality, polyamory fails because people get jealous and favorites are bound to happen.
That's not always true at all. There are many people who lead poly lives just fine.
In fact most of it isn't anything like what you're describing. What you're talking about sounds like teenage drama or college experiments.

>having multiples waifus

People like this make me sick.

This

They are just animated drawings.

>There are many people who lead poly lives just fine.

Those are the ones who keep it secret from their partners. Unless you're talking about friends with benefits which I wouldn't really consider "amor"

No I'm not talking about either of those. There is literally nothign wrong with it, people have been having harems for eons, and they work just fine.
You seem to be fully convinced that anythign that isn't what is expected of you by your parents is impossible, or something, so I'm just going to stop. You don't have any evidence either yet I could go to multiple sites and find couples that work just fine with a third wheel or even a fourth in the home.

Of course you would just scream reddit or tumblr and get your panties in a twist if I did that.

This.

You can do whatever you want with your life. Do whatever you feel is right with your waifu, but claiming to have one does not mean you'll be welcomed in the various waifu communities. There are rules in these, which you have to follow if you want to be part of them. Still, it's not someone's weird fantasy, they all directly come from board culture, previous events and the very way love works.

>Oh good, I just wasn't sure. I still don't see why there needs to be a barrier and feeling that the waifu threads are somehow superior for keeping out haremfags.
There has to be a barrier because waifu threads are for waifu posting. There are harem threads, daughteru threads, favorite villain thread, and all other kind of threads where you can talk about these relationships. We do not need nor want these in WW.

>There are rules in these, which you have to follow if you want to be part of them.
No one has the right to say someone can't love multiple people. That's literally no different than being homophobic.

Ultimately the community makes the rules and you either fit in or get out. If you don't like it, make your own harem community or something instead of trying to force yourself where you don't belong.
Do whatever you want on your own, but you can't make others accept it.

I love this attitude you seem to have that I'm trying to wedge myself into the waifu threads. I'm not trying to do that at all, but you waifufags don't own Sup Forums. People on the board can have as many waifus as they want.
Regardless of how badly it may trigger your autism or whatever.

It's because inherently your waifu "relationship" isn't really a relationship. It's a one sided love. Where the other party has no say in the matter. People justify this by showing their dedication, "it's okay that I'm forcing this character into loving me, because I respect her and will only love her. She could reject me if we met for real, but because I only love her what I'm doing now is okay"

When you take on multiple "waifu" you look like you're just doing it for fun. There's no dedication because as soon as you see a new girl you add her to the list. What if those girls didn't like each other? Assuming even for a second that they'd want a relationship with you, are they the type to roll over when you fuck someone else and ignore them?

In short, haremfags have no dedication. Dedication is the main rationalization for waifufaggatory. If you're not dedicated to your woman, if you won't do everything for her then you're not truly in love. When you have multiple women their needs will contradict. Who do you choose at that point? If you neglect waifu B for waifu A then it shows you don't really love waifu B.

I don't even care if you post in the waifu threads. You're just like many others, you do this shit to fit in, for attention. You don't have the true obsessive love of a waifufag.

>people have been having harems for eons, and they work just fine

Not really. Everyone wants to be number one, no one is content with being the runner-up in the game of love and that's where the conflict comes in.

>There's no dedication because as soon as you see a new girl you add her to the list.
That is not true at all.
I don't add every girl to my harem. That's just a randomly thrown accusation from you.

>What if those girls didn't like each other?
It's not hard to tell if two people would get along. Also what if they're friends i nthe same series?

>Assuming even for a second that they'd want a relationship with you, are they the type to roll over when you fuck someone else and ignore them?
The fuck are you talking about? Just more accusations and meaness. Boy you sure can argue and defend your opinion.

PROTIP
obsession isnt love

That's again, not true at all. You have no idea what you are talking about.

I'm not sure why it's so important to somehow belong in the waifu "community", or whatever the fuck this thread is about. What's wrong with calling them your favorite girls?

Are you retarded or only pretending?
Do you really need to be in some cool-guys-club to validate your love with anime characters?
Do you really can't understand that posting about harem in waifu thread for waifu posting while there are harem threads for harem-posting, doesn't make your love true?
Do you really believe that someone on the internet can tell you you can't love someone via telling you you can't post in some thread?

You don't need to own a community to not welcome someone who clearly don't care about board culture and ignore the simplest difference between waifu threads and harem threads.

What's wrong with having multiple waifus in a harem and loving each one?

>That's again, not true at all. You have no idea what you are talking about.

I think it's you who have no idea what you're talking about. You sound like some young, naive hippy.

OP here . I started something awful didn't I

Just do whatever you want

The waifu shit is just a meme and a joke now nobody actually takes it semi-seriously

Why is it somehow so important that you get our permission to use a made up word everyone misuses anyway? It's not like the waifu threads are especially high quality or anything.

>The fuck are you talking about? Just more accusations and meaness. Boy you sure can argue and defend your opinion.
He formed proper argument, idiot. Just because you don't understand it, it doesn't mean he is accusing you.

There is little to none anime girls who would like their partner to fuck other girls. If you do not respect that, you do not love them. That's all.

Definition. Waifu is one, harem is many characters. If you have a harem, you don't have a waifu. It does not imply that you don't love your harem.

>nobody actually takes it semi-seriously
You are more delusional than the waifufags if you really believes that.

You're either the most oblivious person on Sup Forums or you knew exactly what you were doing.

You missed my point. I said other waifufags hate you because you have no dedication. You can only rip your soul up into so many directions.
I hope you prove me wrong. Please show me how you honestly love multiple fictional people.
How many years have you been with them? Add a fucking decade onto that and come back to me. I'd like to see that kind of dedication. At the twilight of your life will you still love every single one of your "wives"? I wonder. That's the dedication you need.
We have this discussion every other day don't worry about it.

That's why this question does not belong to WW.

What did you expected?

>don't read doujins if they aren't 100% sugarsweet vanilla with her romantic interest of her respective show
>do NOT fap to your waifu you fucking piece of shit
>having erections thinking about your waifu is ok, but no touching your peepee
>you can have 1 or max 2 concubines but the hierarchy should be clearly defined
>when there are waifu threads post one of the concubines to give an idea of what type of girl you like but don't post your real waifu so that they don't call her shit
>don't recommend your waifu's anime to anyone, protect her from filthy neckbeards and casuals
>have at least 1 piece of merchandise of her (even a 2$ keychain is ok)
>if someone else claims your waifu remember to tell him that he has good taste but don't say that you have the same one, don't make it awkward for everyone involved
>read some of her fanfics (they are mostly memes but some can be quite good actually)
That would be pretty much it