>Old anime discussion is going to be more scarce than ever

Other urls found in this thread:

9anime.to/watch/ginga-tetsudou-999-movie.pmxx/xk8m3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Old anime sucks anyway, who cares.

>what is streaming
guaranteed replies

what happened to bakabt?

You can directly download from most streaming sites, and if hard drive space is an issue, you can always pick the "240p" option which for some reason is the most space-efficient.

Don't worry, I'll still talk to you.

Go to their website. You can't enter without logging in. They are now a private trackker.

>bakabt account still works
>have 0.02 ratio
I wonder if they added a download restriction to accounts with low ratio like how AB does.

>inb4 stop being a nigger and seed
I can rarely seed because third world so not many clients connect to me and there is also the fact that I seed at 200KB/s maximum. Can't buy a seedbox.

That's a good thing. Most people who post old anime are pretentious children who think they have a true understanding of anime because they watched one shitty OVA from the 80s. This is especially true for Gunbuster posters, most of them don't even realize their favorite show is a poor man's retelling of a superior series.

Can you even find obscure 80's ovas or 70's anime in streaming sites?

So far, whenever it looked like piracy is endangered, it overcame it.

Like for example after megaupload getting busted, then other similar "file lockers". From cca 2007, it always got better. So don't read too much into this, it will likely get offset by people doing the DDL link sharing/uploads more and upping more stuff to nyaa.

>Best guess for this image: leg
Nice

You can find them on normal streaming websites like NicoNico and Youtube. """""obscure"""""" shit like Ninja Scroll or whatever are always hosted everywhere.

Most anons are newfags, so you're right.

There were people putting them on youtube. But usually that really screws up the video quality, which often already isn't great. It probably harms them more than your usual highschool moe harem show that is easy to compress and 720p-1080p.

>old bakashit account pruned because I didn't use it in half an year
Wew, fuck them

Just use AB you goobers.

Don't worry about if senpai, as this user says Even on nyaa you can find entire seeded batches of obscure shit like city hunter, so it doesn't really matter.

Life goes on, no need to care and stress over it.

>city hunter
>6 seeders
Might as well be dead.

AB registration is closed, think they'll open them soon?

It does matter, there is way too much old stuff and no way will *everything* get seeded well on nyaa. But otherwise, it should not be a complete apocalypse, it was posisble to hunt stuff over fserves/ddls/etc before, it will be possible to do it now. Plus eventually there should be some invite system anyway, so the archiving purpose could be preserved.

this new streaming site i use has a lot of old stuff and they keep adding more
they have even more old dubs so thats a plus
and in the highest def it can be

I doubt it. It has gone full sekrit club now

Man, be glad it isn't 0.

Is there no way to do the incognito mode trick now so it doesn't affect your ratio?

>mfw I've had an account since 2011 and can still use bakabt just fine

There's enough to be able to download the whole series at a reasonable pace(only takes a couple of minutes per episode, so you download faster than you watch episodes) which is enough for me really.

Nope, you only can enter with an account now

That guy is retarded and doesn't know how to check the actual number of seeders. There's way more than 6.

>mfw I have an account
>mfw 0.092 Seed/Download Ratio

F

I only made it to upload group releases.

>have a 13 year old BBT account
>don't even use it because AB is better

Feels pretty good to watch everyone complain.

Go find Leda.

Really sucks, I've grabbed tons from BakaBT.

This. Everything that is not music has freeleech anyway.

>Plus eventually there should be some invite system anyway,
So just as dead to me as any site that requires you to maintain "e-friends".

>still have an account
>ratio of zero due to never seeding

got up to 5 GB downloaded until i realized i could just log off and not have to deal with that. glad i still have the account but with my third world upload speed i don't think i'll bother even with freeleech.

rip 80s ovas

>tfw just realized I have an account that I made in 2010 and forgot about

Can't believe I saved the password.

animetorrents.me has open registrations if anyone is interested.
It isn't better than either AB or Bakabt but its something

??
It's on Youtube with spic subs and it's not dead on nyaa with English & Russian subs.

i've got an account

drop some emails here

i'll invite you faggots when invites inevitably become a thing

consider it your lucky day

God thing I have had an account for a million years

What? I don't use mine for over 1-2 years and it worked just fine. Isn't a ration problem? I have some 100+gb to download to get to 1/1

Speaking of Leda, found this weird doujin the other day.

I'm on my late 30's. I have been seeing anime since it was only available in bootleg VHS with yellow hardsubs. I used XDCC + AB extensively in the past. I cataloged on MAL every episode I saw. I have been on this damn site for 12 years.

Nowadays I only stream most of the time.

Anime is supposed to be like, fun. If archiving and chasing formats becomes more entertaining than watching the anime itself, it's game over. You're procrastinating on your anime backlog, spending more time comparing compression between releases. It's like with PC gamers who care more about frames and upgrading their rigs than with actual gameplay.

At this point you're a NORMALFAG in denial. You don't care about anime. Better go buy your Game of Thrones Blu-rays and be done with it.

Back in the day we loved this shit despite low quality audio and bad vhs tracking (I'm not sure you kids even know what that is).

There is really no point in fullhd releases if the anime came 40 years ago.
9anime.to/watch/ginga-tetsudou-999-movie.pmxx/xk8m3
This is good enough. It's better quality than what anybody saw when it released. Why should I chase for a flac BD rip?

It is also drawing, art. When you watch some of the (bluray) remasters and you actually like the handicraft aspect, you realize how much you are missing with shitty copies.

>has futari wa pretty cure
Looks good to me. Actually it seems it has everything (TV anime-wise) that AB has.

It's 2017 and people still haven't figured out you can stream torrents & direct downloads for maximum quality and speed

>Isn't a ration problem?
Don't think so. It definitely wasn't so bad to warrant a kick. I only used it to download OST.
Fucking assholes, hope Daiz kills them.

Insert Dirty Pair. Is this one from the 80s?

The people on bakabt and ab are probably all 30yo+ now since the site is old as fuck. That makes it even more pathetic. Grown up people wanting sekkrit clubs about chinese cartoons.

Probably. I actually can't spto what are most of the characters from, I think I recognize them, but memory is crappy. There is Fandora, Leda, maybe the princess from Windaria(not sure now), and also Rem elsewhere in the book.

Clearly, people loved those anime back in the day for the handiwork.

Nobody likes anime for the characters, the worlds, the ideas, the energy. None of those things matters unless you're watching a BD raw. Otaku culture didn't existed until 2006. Nobody truly cared about anime before that year. Bunch of posers.

I actually can ONLY find a lot of older anime on streaming sites. Life is hard.

Too bad my fucking account still doesn't work. even though it worked a few months ago and I had a pretty good ratio too.

You suck. Fuck you.

Actually, it has to be 1990s. This is also from it, and that is supposed to be Nagisa and Iczer-3 "forming Iczer Robo". Kek (took me a while to get it).

>This. Everything that is not music has freeleech anyway.

Nah you can find older stuff that's that either never got a bluray release or the one it did never got ripped or is only available raw, with no DVD ISOs pretty frequently. That sort of thing is always going to cost you ratio, sometimes a good bit.

That said it's so easy to get bonus points on AB with all the freeleech stuff that those things are never going to really hurt you that much once you're established.

The credit page lists it as Dec 1985. This guy was on top of his OVAs.

What if you forgot your password?

Try something that isn't as popular as City Hunter. Those series are dead.

My application got rejected because I implied that I don't seed (which I don't) and they caught on.

>tfw downloaded everything from inuyasha literally yesterday

Was bakabt just mostly old anime?

Are shows/movies from 1990-2000 moreso found on Nyaa instead?

Sup Forums isn't a secret club.

I actually did that in like 2012-2013 and got rejected. I got invited last month and have a good ratio. To be fair my internet was shit back then and I don't like to lie.

literally everyone used bakabt for old anime

>Clearly, people loved those anime back in the day for the handiwork.

Of course, but they lived in a shit era and didn't even have the chance to see anything better than laserdisc.
And otaku would actually buy laserdiscs, to get the best possible.

We live in a blessed age.

You won't find any old release with seeds on Nyaa. BakaBT was only good for stuff that would cost you ratio on AB but the exact same release was on BakaBT and you could download freely.

bakabt didnt even have the BD versions most of the time

>>Most anons will not have access to older anime anymore

Uh, what?

Nyaa has everything.

IT SAID YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO SHARE IT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>secret club
Those words don't mean what you think they mean

It hurts, Sup Forums.

>have AB, bakabt, ADC, u2
kek

>Roolet

I forgot that came out. Damn, looks fucking amazing, incredibly better than the past DVDs. Too bad Joe doesn't have even the pull of Lodoss.

Like Ranma's music collection?
>3 seeders.
It's dead. Everything is dead.

Wonder if they had to BD to Binan Koko Chikyu Boei bu LOVE so I don't have to rip it and upload it.
They had a decent amount of BD but never more than AB.

>calling their provider spineless when they are even more spineless for caving to the ones they are already paying

Personally I like for my dens of thievery to actually last. I'm old now and I don't like change. If they need to be sekkrit clubs for that to happen so be it.

In any case it's not as bad as direct connect was.

2.0 ratio with 500+gb to spare

I'll be here, user.

>(which I don't)

You wouldn't have lasted anyway.

Forgot to say - you couldn't tell there is a Lum cameo there, with DVDs, much less VHS.

Getting OSTs to old series, even popular ones, is truly hell

>Most anons will not have access to older anime anymore

fuck newfags

I can't tell just from this shot, but is there some DVNR going on?

The number of seeders shown on nyaa are lower than the actual number of seeders.

I just have to accept there are some shows and movies I will never see, especially since I'm a latecomer to anime (around 2009) cause I was a poorfag growing up and had no fancy Toonami or internet then.

Even worse I would take year long breaks from watching any anime for some reason, but same with playing any games or watching movies, dont know why.

All that slowness to act has come back to bite me in the ass, I'm glad I at least got to download and watch all of LOGH, GitS SAC, Gunsmith Cats and Heavy Object from bakabt and still have those saved.

But now my chance to watch the rest of a huge backlog of older anime and catch up to those staples everyone has already seen is gone, I feel like shit.

It's everything that hasn't gotten DMCAed, so mostly Funimation is missing. Too bad Funi ended up with a lot of Bandai's old stuff and some other orphaned licenses.

nigga its gon be ok, within 6 months minimum some place will start posting the shit thats on bakabt

Are you people fucking retarded? You do realize it's still possible to pirate stuff, right? You do realize this one particular website is still here, yes? What the fuck happened that made your generation so goddamn stupid and flock to Sup Forums seriously I demand an answer

>You dont have access to this page.
Please confirm your account by checking your email.

I did it already.