I’m torn

I hate this because I hate the government but at the same time I like it because it upsets fat people

What’s pol’s hot take on this issue?

Other urls found in this thread:

seattletimes.com/seattle-news/politics/promoting-health-at-a-hefty-price-seattles-soda-tax-starts-jan-1/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I don't know how I feel about this tax yet. In general I am for consumption tax but that's only because I'm not well educated in my other options. I'm working on it.

What I do fucking know is...
I wish they would pull these sugary beverages from public school campuses.

It would be more prudent to stop subsidizing the sugar industry if sugar consumption is so bad.

damn that is a steeeeeeeep tax

What's pol?

>They should ban these from public schools
They tried that back in the late 90's you child, it didn't last long. Maybe your fat ass should just not put the dollar in the vending machine

Why didn’t it last long?

Wait for the videogame taxes, any day now.

Because corporations throw tons of money at schools to have their products available to students.

I would be similarly torn. Video games are degenerate

aw man now what will i feed my baby

>drinking the electrolytic jew

>sweetened beverage recovery fee

Lmaoing at Seattle's life.

I'm strongly against it because they don't tax high sugar drinks like fancy pants coffee or chocolate milk.
Those just get a free pass because I guess Coke and Pepsi didn't donate as much as Starbucks and the Dairy Farmers.

'sweetened recovery fee'? what the fuck is that, a fat tax in effect? is it not just recycling deposit?

They tried this in Phili.
People started buying beer more and going out of town to buy soda.
>TFW soda helps in the fight of alcoholism

What about the products that nobody will develop now knowing it won't be profitable?

I had no idea

wow it's real, they started doing this shit on jan 1st. they tried passing this law in nyc sometime in 2012 and it failed catastrophically. i didn't know other cities actuaclly got cucked into this shit.

2.12.1 American localities with a soda tax

2.12.1.1 Berkeley, California
2.12.1.2 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2.12.1.3 San Francisco, California
2.12.1.4 Oakland, California
2.12.1.5 Albany, California
2.12.1.6 Boulder, Colorado
2.12.1.7 Cook County, Illinois
2.12.1.8 Portland, Oregon
2.12.1.9 Seattle, Washington

Wow, I can't wait until they lock up faggots like you, OP.
DOTR can't come soon enough

I FUCKING HATE ILLINOIS
NUKE THIS HELL HOLE
TAKE EVERY SLIMEBALL IN THIS PLACE AND HANG THEM FROM A FUCKING LAMPPOST

So is this part of the results for muh 15 n hour

$0.0175 per ounce isn't that much it's just that Costco sells sugar water at such a low price the tax looks huge.

>2018
>Drinking the sugar Jew
Buy sugar free koolaid

There's something striking about these cities but I can't put my finger on it.

Just stop being fat and I’ll stop hating you

>What’s pol’s hot take on this issue?
Order from another state via the internet.

Stop being a fag and I will still hate you. Kys scumbag

I like it because it only hurts the liberals. Conservatives don't live there and didn't vote for it.

lol are you actually fat?

>1.75 per ounce
Am I misreading this or something that would make a 2 litre over $100 and that can't be right

>gov subsidizes sugar
>gov then taxes sugar
what retards.

It would be a good step desu. Ditto for cotton and maybe corn. Most subsidies are done with the common good of the nation or its citizens in mind.

Fuck you. No one taxes your dildos and lube even though you're an actual health hazard. No one taxes your hormone treatments even though you actually pollute public drinking water. This isn't fair and it's astonishing how evil you are.

The fact that Sugarbucks is excluded
is ludicrous. That place is a essentially sugar dealership also selling improperly brewed, overpriced coffee.

You do realize that gatorade was created by a jewish faggot, right?

No no. You have to keep making the poor poorer and making sure every last cent of their money is controlled and owed to one group or another.This way both the state and the sugar industry continue to make money while the poor continue to be forever wage slaves. If you control all their money, you control the person.

i drink water bottles, it's like five bucks for a pack of like 24 of them and reverse osmosis ones dont have fluoride so i wont turn gay like the frogs

Without mass immigration wage slavery would be impossible

>be philly resident
>soda tax gets implemented
>nearly every place now charges extra to fund preK for nigs
>tax is distributor level so I just buy soda at walgreens since they dont use city distribution
>buy 12 mexican cokes for 6 dollars instead of $30

lol. libshits btfo themselves

Was this straight from City Hall or whatever?
>wtih
Is your city council all blacks?

Does this also affect diet sodas like Coke Zero or something?

Aren't those all sanctuary cities too?

literally just stop eating. That’s all you have to do

They're bastions of liberal freedom?

Like smartwater? What about spring water? And what about the bpa?

>City of Seattle
So people have to drive to the suburbs and buy in bulk? Do they drink more soda because they find they have it in the house more often, having to buy so much at one time?

>government regulations always do the opposite of what the government intended
Molyneux's law, proven right yet again.

Exactly. More people available, less you have to pay for an employee. Less money, more you have to live check to check. If you are living check to check you can't afford to go against the flow or resist.
It all seems very (((convenient)))

Side note.
Analysts continue to be (((baffled))) at how such a strong economy and record low unemployment still hasn't raised wages more.

idk but if you still drink soda in 2018, you deserve to be shot

Same goes for coffee and anything but water and fresh squeezed VEGETABLE juice

Nice way of making money while looking health conscious. I wonder where the money actually goes?

kids just went off campus or bought from the kids like me who supplied the demand.

Any tax that doesn't fund the US war machine of death or that doesn't go to something I use like roads is fucking theft. Fuck that tax.

I can't wait for them to tax your gas this high.
>Literally stop driving, that's all you have to do.

>drinking the vegetable jew..ce

mo money fo dem programs

lol this isn't going to work
seattletimes.com/seattle-news/politics/promoting-health-at-a-hefty-price-seattles-soda-tax-starts-jan-1/
>Seattle officials have a plan for the revenue, expected to total $15 million in the first year. Some of the money will go to expand the city’s Fresh Bucks program, which provides low-income families with vouchers to buy fruits and vegetables at farmers markets and some grocery stores.

>Finger grapes were among the treats her children chose while shopping.
>Her 6-year-old son, Jordan, smiled wide as he remembered tasting Golden Delicious apples for the first time.
>We don’t usually get a lot of peppers or avocados or things like that. They’re too expensive.”

>Only $400,000 of the tax revenue set aside for Fresh Bucks in 2018 will be spent on produce vouchers.
>The rest of the $2 million for Fresh Bucks is aimed at administrative costs,

>a racial-equity analysis said that including diet beverages — which are more popular among wealthy people and white people — would make the tax more fair.
>the council chose to exclude diet drinks,
>alcoholic beverages and 100 percent fruit juice.
>Also exempted are sugary beverages that have milk as their primary ingredient
Dis tax be raciss

Diversity programs of course. Seattle is such a progressive city after all!

I’m talking about your weight problem not the OP

god damn right

i'm pretty sure it's 1.75 cents, not dollars. kinda like how gas prices have that weird remainder on the end. so if it's almost 2 pennies per ounce, i'm guessing a 20oz drink would have at least $0.20 tax tacked on the end.

1.75 cents per ounce

>gatorade
>fat people

The only people who drink gatorade are people who actually work out and need to hydrate.

>Stop polluting the air!
I'm talking about your pollution problem.

Gatorade is sugar water

certainly looks like it. i just checked the list and am surprised boulder colorado is a sanctuary city.

They did this at my daughter's school with candy, I paid up some money to buy a box of Snickers to sell individually at a good price point, she doesn't make much, but I think it's a good lesson. I just make her use her money to buy a new box then she keeps the profits.

Diversity programs and five new sinecures :^)

>liberals install yet another oh so progressive and nuanced program
>believe that it will bring in gorillions of dollars in tax revenue
>after the costs of changing laws, educating law enforcement, business licenses, etc almost no money is actually free
>still smirk and act like they are God's gift to womankind
Same shit as the legal marijuana. They bragged about how much tax revenue it has but you follow the numbers and it is jack shit.

No, just under 2 cents per ounce. 1.748 cents per ounce to be exact.

>subsidize sugar industry
>they destroy the ecosystem in Florida for cheap sugar
>"Oh wait, the sugar is cheap now? oy vey!"
>tax the subsidized sugar
>pay up goy
The absolute state of this country man.

As a business owner here in Ohio, we have a carbonated beverage tax but it's taxed the same as sales tax whether you take it for inside the store or Togo

Educated upper middle class voter base?

This is the correct answer. The schools love getting money from selling junk food. I had a friend in high school that used to buy soda and snacks in bulk and sold them, undercutting the vending machines as well as the cafeteria. He got shut down quick once the administrators found out. The reasoning was that he was promoting bad eating habits among the students.

I know its a total joke. Leftists here are desperate to make questioning immigration a hate crime as the economic arguments made on social media (never would be allowed in any MsM) are starting to be heard.

I do physical labor in Phoenix. If we did a similar tax I would murder some politicians.

>Only $400,000 of the tax revenue set aside for Fresh Bucks in 2018 will be spent on produce vouchers.
>The rest of the $2 million for Fresh Bucks is aimed at administrative costs,

That's an impressive level of government waste even for a blue state blue city.

I'm ALL for this! Sugar is bad for you. This is GREAT!

Sugar isn't being directly taxed.

it probably gets capped at a certain amount

Tax ALL sugar, not just drinks. I'm hearing conflicting reports about Starbucks, heard it's taxed and heard if milk is the main ingredient it's not taxed

Maybe they'll manage to get drink companies to buy sucralose or something instead (lel) and then the extra sugar lying around can go into snacks or be sold to Africa (US aid money).

Those dang administrative costs!!!

1.75 cents not dollars an ounce.

I think they're still out of schools in California.

Obviously but it's not like soda.

So they're building their own shadow government network. That's cute.

I don't really think Seattle or Washington is subsidizing the sugar industry. There isn't much Sugar production up there I think.

>starbux is exempted
it's shit

Only $400,000 of the tax revenue set aside for Fresh Bucks in 2018 will be spent on produce vouchers.

The rest of the $2 million for Fresh Bucks is aimed at administrative costs, such as outreach, technology and hiring five additional city employees to carry out the program’s expansion.

I remember Chicago repealed the sugar tax after a few months.

if i'm reading this correctly this fresh bucks thing is literally a robin hood scam to take the tax money from people who pay for their food upfront, and put it into the hands of niggers via ebt/food stamps/vouchers. niggers can buy soda with ebt so they don't give a shit about the tax in the first place.

So the booze guys donated enough money to be exempt but soda guys couldn't match.

>Thank you Seattle for being the most progressive city in America
>Gets the stage taken over by two screaming sheboons
Sounds about right.

>2 million? That's a nice round number, we'll assign that to...
>administrative costs, such as outreach, technology, and hiring five additional employees to carry out the program's expansion
Liberals are a threat to civilization.

this.

Probably a slush fund for other network projects.

welcome to taxation

I don’t think you’ve read it right.