Lupin is a nice man who smiles but gets angry sometimes

Been a few days since I've seen a Lupin thread. Discuss anything related to the world's greatest thief. It is his 50th anniversary after all.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/MangAnimeTensai/status/849347646808621056
youtube.com/watch?v=kp5zypY-Fow
animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2016-01-22/lupin-the-third-where-to-start-and-what-worth-watching/.97834
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

am I the only person who likes Lupin?

guess so

some footage of the new Goemon movie

twitter.com/MangAnimeTensai/status/849347646808621056

Looks cool.

I like green best.

that's because Green is best series and best jacket.

Fujiko's tits seem a little sad in this shot.

youtube.com/watch?v=kp5zypY-Fow

Now that I think about it, it's been seven years since the last Lupin video game was released and it doesn't look like there will be another one for quite a while.

I guess Japanese fans are content with pachislot machines.

They're sad about the quality.

Goemon Films is officially anime film of the year. I can't imagine anything else beating it.

Good, Fujiko a shit.

she looks the most amazing she's ever been in the new movie.

short haired Fujiko > long haired Fujiko

>some footage

The whole thing is already on nyaa by weeks now btw

Nice one

not everyone wants to torrent the raw though.

>Green
>Not the future yellow

>Yellow
>Not the superior white

That's a really light blue.

Really miss the older Lupin styles.

I'm not against playing around with the property it's cool, but I really want a cartoon-y lupin.

No it is not.

#f8f8ff

And i will not argue further.

brown haired Lupin is best Lupin. Fuck that slicked back shit.

bump

Same

To me it is

Pink
Blue
Green
Red

Is this the bloodiest/most violent Lupin's ever been?

Series has surprised me desu

Yeah, followed by Jigen's movie

Can I watch only movies or I will miss something?

Not even the same user but its clearly a pale blue. How can you possibly say its white when the dress right next to him is white but they're not the same color? They're obviously very different colors, in fact. Its not even an off white.

Are you colorblind?

You can but do you really want to do that? Green series is a must to watch.

White have shades too, i dont want to be autistic about it, but check the color code and you'll see where that color is in the color spectrum

I mean Red Jacket have like 155 episodes, is it worth it

I'm not telling you to marathon every Lupin series. I'm just saying that by watching everything except movies you would be missing out on some quality shit.

Remember when Lupin in no uncertain terms raped a woman to punish her for some misdeed?

He was a good friend.

Just look up the best episodes and only watch those, if you don't wanna deal with everything

it's pale blue. Blue mixed with white. So everybody's right :^)

Honestly, I think for the most part it's worth watching. Still, don't worry so much about the second series right now.

Watch the first series and then decide whether or not you want to continue, the list of episodes in the second series portion of this article is pretty good. They are by no means the only episodes worth watching, just a sample. And yeah, ANN, I know.

animenewsnetwork.com/feature/2016-01-22/lupin-the-third-where-to-start-and-what-worth-watching/.97834

Reminder Lupin is meant to look kinda ugly in-universe.

Is the 2015 series good?

His character design is beyond superb. Non-standard, charming and timeless.

It's aiight. There are some great standalone episodes, but the plot of the show falls flat.

Of course he is, but he's got a monkey face. The point is that he wins countless women despite that with his charisma.

Sure, I don't think he's supposed to be actually ugly, but he's no bishounen.

I mean, those hairy-knuckles, the goofy teeth.
Fuck, I love his character design.

Monkey Punch did say he didn't draw him handsome but a bit on the ugly side because he feared the readers would not sympathize with someone goodlooking charming countless women.

Well, how amazing is his penis?

When are we getting a fucking sub.

Since we're talking about this stuff here's a fun trivia to bump the thread: early into Lupin first publication MP was at a restaurant where he was approached by two western tourists. As they learnt he was a mangaka they asked him to draw something so MP did some Lupin sketches for them on the spot but they didn't receive any praise, the gaijin felt let down instead. When MP asked why they explained they didn't look "oriental" at all.
And that's the story of how Goemon came to be.

>And that's the story of how Goemon came to be.
Funny. I've never really liked Goemon.

I like him but I've always thought he almost feels like a token weaboo character.

I fucking love lupin but I really wish that it was way fucking easier to find a full scan of the manga

fuck you tokyopop

I thought the story was that he took a trip to America and that Japanese Americans he met there were disappointed at there being no Japanese characters in his manga.

Rechecked the interview, the restaurant was in San Diego and he talked to Americans.

the most disturbing for sure, i realized that i have never seen before Goemon using his sword like an actual sword

When Discotek decides to put out the Blu Ray obviously.

That's how it started out in the manga but as time went on, he ended up being handsome as fuck when it came to his animated version. No one can deny this.

His face was also supposed to be a mask, so that the reader could never see his real face

The Evolution of Man

>Lupin is not handsome
I couldn't think of a more handsome guy in all of anime

Is anyone translating the new Goemon movie?

no wait for the Blu Ray. Why do people keep asking. Why bother watching shitty fansubs to begin with.

Discotek has not actually confirmed they will license the movie yet. I think they will but until they say something about it, it's up in the air. Also waiting fucking sucks.

Anyway, fansubs for current anime are pretty much dead anyway.

To be honest, I think manga Goemon is the most likeable version of the character.

Apart from his debut chapter, the character isn't such as much of a stick in the mud as he is in the anime.

we both know Discotek will license it. That's not up for debate.

>we both know Discotek will license it. That's not up for debate.

Until they make an announcement regarding the title, nothing is set in stone. Hell, it isn't even set in stone after they announce it. Remember when they said they'd release Babylon on DVD and how that never fucking happened?

Listen, I'm not saying that they won't do it. I'm just saying not to put your eggs all into one basket.

Speaking of manga differences though, it's kinda amusing how they adapted scenes from the manga in the anime but somehow gave them an entirely different feel.

Context?

Goemon tries to assassinate Lupin multiple times, but they all end up backfiring in incredibly slapstick ways.

In this attempt, he ends up cutting Lupin's car in half and this happens. A similar scene happens in the anime, but it goes on for way too long IMO.

>Remember when they said they'd release Babylon on DVD and how that never fucking happened?
that was back in the late 00's when anime sales was on a huge decline. Not only that, Discotek wasn't even established as a legit company at the time they wanted to release it. The price to license it as the time was also real expensive. It's been said for awhile now they have plans on release it. Guarantee a BD release within the next 2 years so I don't know where you get "never" from.

Discotek's biggest love of classic anime is Lupin. If they want to release everything, then they will.

>Tfw we'll never see the return of Metal Gear Lupin.

>Guarantee a BD release within the next 2 years so I don't know where you get "never" from.

Nigga, wat? Even Japan doesn't have a BD release of Babylon.

and? They didn't have a BD release of pink jacket either until February. They didnt even have BD releases of Mamo and Cagliostro either until the past couple of years.The reason why we'll end up getting Babylon is because Discotek has wanted to release it.

Why don't people like Eternal Mermaid? It was the only good Lupin movie of the late 00's.

I really, really, really want a Lupin special directed by Imaishi.

Eternal Mermaid was the one with the Green Jacket style designs (aside from the colors), Lupin I cameo and non-overpowered Goemon, right? I remember really enjoying it. Although I was marathoning Lupin's specials, so just the change of designs and overall different style of the movie by itself already elevated it.

I guess people might have missed more over the top antics?

>Imaishi
you wan't the guy who does garbage parody anime like kill la kill and gurren lagann to work on Lupin? What kind of asshole wishes for this? Lupin isn't just a silly guy who steals shit. There's a lot more meaningful things that go on. Wanting that hack to turn it into another shitty comedy is not only disrespectful to the character, but to the franchise itself.

The guy should stick to what he's best at. Toilet humor and glowing nipple teachers.

Even though I think Koike Lupin is flawed, at least he had the audacity to treat the characters with respect and keep it relatively serious without taking itself too serious.

Not him, but I don't think it would hurt to put him in charge of animation direction. He's already done a bunch of key animation for Lupin specials from the 90s and also on the Fujiko anime.

It was better than the absolute cancer that was The Last Job, but it was still mostly forgettable IMO.

as an animator he's fine, just keep him away from writing and direction

anyone have any more of these collages? I have ones for

Cagliostro
Babylon
Fuma
Bye Bye Liberty
Hemingway Papers
Voyage to Danger
and Jigen's Gravestone.

would like to have some more. Preferably Dead or Alive, Walther P38 and even the Pilot film.

The thought of you having an extremely heated tantrum about Imaishi diluting an already bastardized franchise is just making me want it more. Fingers crossed it happens.

>extremely heated tantrum
assumption.
>already bastardized franchise
no one thinks this.
>making me want it more. Fingers crossed it happens.
it wont.

>assumption.
You need to calm down. You're so flustered your aim is off.

>no one thinks this.
It's a fact

>it wont.
Who knows? He's been involved in enough of them. Brace yourself, it could happen.

Just realised that a HDD failure a month ago means that lost my entire Lupin collection.
Hold me Sup Forums.

This makes my dick hard

I don't think the guys who have been working on Lupin for the longest time even trust Imaishi to do his own movie. If they did, he would of made one a long time ago.
Stop shitposting.
It was cool while it lasted.

Good. Buy shit instead and support Lupin.

> Supporting a thief.

I wish he didn't look like a monkey.

Monkeys can be cute.

You are a great person. I shall reward you with this Cliffhanger poster.

He doesn't even resemble a monkey most of the time. Never understood how people could think that because of a curved smile and long sideburns. He's a cutie, No homo.

>sometimes it feels like I'm the only one who likes Green VS Red

I liked it too.

Green vs Red is not a good movie. It makes no sense and it deserves all the shit it gets from people. With that being said, it is a fun watch and should be watched for all the references and easter eggs.

>It makes no sense

It doesn't utilize it's plot elements all that well but I never at any point thought it didn't make any sense.

The whole movie makes no sense. You have the villain named Logan who planted part of his brain into his son because he was dying of cancer, and before they could do anything with the character they quickly kill him off with a rocket launcher. You have an ice cube that was concentrated plutonium, and a bunch of Lupin's who we're suppose to believe are just fakes yet they all for some reason look identical to Lupin. Everything is a clusterfuck and there was too much shit going on.