At what age did you grow out of mecha?

At what age did you grow out of mecha?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=29MD29ekoKI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

scifi is literally the best genre of anime

prove me wrong

Giant robot is fantasy though, not sci-fi.

youtube.com/watch?v=29MD29ekoKI

A true /m/an never outgrows the passions of his youth

Only 14 year olds "grow out" of things they enjoy

what's even the point of mecha anymore when superior mecha musume already exist

I hate the tropes they normally follow. Like having 12 year olds pilot mutlimillion dollar armored vehicles.

mecha ruins anime

Do you know what sci-fi is?

Fuck you

Science Fantasy, not Science Fiction.
It's like the difference between star trek and star wars.

I grew into mecha. Turn A Gundam is the greatest of anime

Unless Trek removes teleport shit, it's sci fantasy tier.

>Science Fantasy, not Science Fiction.
Sounds like something someone made up to pretend their favorite nerd show was more better or more legitimate than someone else's favorite nerd show.

But let's say there is a difference between these two things. In that case it just means that there's mecha that's science fiction and mecha that's science fantasy. I ask again, do you know what science fiction is?

When I realized that I would never own a Zaku and that they would never make a series similar to the 08th MS team, but focusing on Zeon soldiers.

Giant robot = retarded
Power armor = godly.
Bolo is however, best.

Here we go again. Mechas are better than tanks because they're cooler, end of discussion.

Never
It's still the best

But the best mecha will play around with those tropes and incorporate them into the plot. Like how 0079 isn't just a war story, it's a story about a group of civillians with no training learning how to adapt to a war. Having someone with no millitary experience provides them room to grow into that position and develop.

You grow into mecha
Then you grow into cute girls piloting mecha

"cool" is subjective

08th MS Team having a tank work alongside mobile suits tickled my fancy. I'd love it if more series made up bullshit reasons why tanks and mechas are both valid combat units that just have different roles.

I would like a Steel Battalion anime

and the controller, my biggest childhood regret

Go watch Dougram
It's literally Combined Arms the anime

I only grew into mecha at 22.

but the fact is we cant get any good action military anime without them gaying it up with mecha

all of the sweet operator action gets replaced with mecha vs mecha controlled by a teenagers emotions

Nice.

I didn't. No one ever makes good mech anime though.

Thanks user, I will.

Never, Aquarion is only for intellectuals