Aikatsu and Pripara thread

Aye matey, time to plunder that idle booty.

Other urls found in this thread:

edelrose.jp/
twitter.com/Emiryun/status/852496742213799936
twitter.com/TVguidePERSON/status/852208113021145092
ani-cyu.jp/category/30-kinpri/index.html
ani-cyu.jp/category/29-yuri/index.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I wish Elza hadn't been so quick to do a 180 on Rola after her whole "I can tell an Idol's worth from one glance at their aura." Was also hoping for more Koharu than we got. Yume's delusion at the end of the episode was fun.

Looking forward to Lily next week.

I don't care how, they need to get these period coords into the anime.

Hope you're ready for 50 episodes of movie level Yume/Rola wanking

I liked the construction of this episode a lot, especially how the first-years were used. Now that we had the red carpet scene again, but this time heard Mahiru's thoughts about it, it finally made sense. They do it not to show off S4, but to help foster that feeling of admiration and wanting to be the person up there in the new students. It's for them, not S4.

Using their feelings about Venus Ark put a nice, clean frame on the episode's plot. They began scared and worried, and didn't listen to Anna's reassurance. After a lesson actually led by Rola, Yuri, and Lily, they and Yume didn't really feel as though they were helping very much, which was the impetus to have a show. Then when Elza showed up, trying to add a second reason for Rola to work hard this time, Yume brought her back down to earth, saying that the most important thing is to set a good example. This called back to the reason Yume became S4, how she prioritized making the audience smile above all else. And in another clever callback, Rola checked how much stronger Yume's gotten over the last year. Their feelings led to giving the first-years a boost in confidence. All of it was very well planned and executed.

Then the whole secondary plot of the Star Premiums is slowly building up too. With constant reminders of Yume struggling, along with the new focus on the winged dresses, Koharu's past actions take on a new significance. Whether planned this far in advance or not, everything is sliding perfectly into place for why she's on Venus Ark.

It's annoying that they brought back the "last week on Aikatsu" part, and I wish that Koharu had more than five seconds that were already shown in the preview. But getting confirmation that Yume was only bait was a welcome clarification, as was Elza having new eyes on both her and Rola. It coincides well with Hime getting on a different boat. In any case, next week with Lily should be another fun episode.

I think Rola is salvageable in S2 and even if the "vice"-president thing smells of main cast privilege it shows a cute and new side to her character. Erza should have bullied her more before changing her mind at the end but it was a bit satisfying to make her praise Rola's singing to the point even Rei and Meeeeh got shocked and I guess they don't want to make Elza that mean. I just hope that in Rola's eyes Elza remains a bitch.

The short brown-haired one on the left. You can tell she's using a deeper, huskier voice.

Today was fine. Would have been better if they edited Yume's defend from "don't talk shit about my precious friend and rival" to "don't talk.shit about my precious Rola". It still feels like Rola is legitimately gay while Yume just considers Rola her best friend.

Thanks. I'm going to presume the four kouhai sidles that spoke in this episode were credited in speaking order then.

Last call for user 9. Ye live?

Ahahaha, Yuzu doesn't care about the Student Council and leaves all the work to Rola! Isn't she adorable?

Do we know if there even was a vice last year? I assume there was, but Tsubasa did all the work that we saw (

The student council is made up of the more relevant admins plus Kaoru and minus Haruka.

Yuzu was the vice-president.

Holaaaaaaaaaa enfermera!

Sure, but Rola became the vice-president mainly due to plot convenience (giving Rola relevance in the school workings despite not being S4 and getting an excuse to make her interact with Tsubasa for the Spice Chord batton pass) since I find it hard to believe she is more prepared for it (specially when now it's basically serving as the de-facto president) than Yuri or Kaoru.

Well now it just sounds like you hate Lily, Saya, and Arisa. What about them?

There are also a myriad of possible reasons Rola was chosen. Maybe it's because they wanted a new admin to gain experience faster. Maybe it's because she's the closest person to Yume. Maybe it's because she's shown that she can lead aggressively, even if that's not always the best course of action. Isn't that more reasonable than just "lol plot no real reason"?

How was the episode?

It was good but it killed my dream of a bit of drama with Rueditas being tempted to let Yume go to become the new S4 because Eruza recognized Lollipop's singing skills.

Atsui usagi.

What the fuck am I reading here, meme-senpai?

I guess using more than one Roller name per post makes it confusing. I meant that I was expecting a bit of drama with Roller getting tempted to encourage Yume to leave so she can become the new S4 but that probably won't happen because Elza recognizing Roller's singing skills (to the point where even Kirara and Rei were surprised by her praise) means that Elza will also want her on her boat.

step 1. invent time travel

also, she's one of the highest scoring idols in S4 selection, it would make sense they would pick runners-up for positions like this.

I was kinda hoping they would hold off on Elza recognizing Rola until she got the wings, since that would basically force Elza to admit Rola is good as opposed to her going back on what she had claimed earlier this episode.

Plotwise, this is not a bad thing. Elza wanted Yume because of Hime, and she runs a fucking titanic. Without this, she easily could've just hoisted anchor and left after Hime.

Being a high-scoring idol doesn't make you a good student council president. Just look at Yuzu.

At least Rola herself has no idea Elza went back on her criticism so at least she should have a motivation to search for her own brand. She is probably just gonna get it after she impresses Tsubasa over how seriously she is taking the student council.

Is this scene even necessary?
This OP seriously is a mess

Roller bullying.

>I didn't do anything but if I stand around looking pleased with myself the students might believe I did.

Rola the princess and her S3 knights

What's wrong with it? Would you be satisfied if Roller wasn't there? Are you choosing to want S4 there instead of the actual four main characters?

I'm saying the transition to the next scene is extremely choppy and looks liek shit

They should have made them wear the school marching coorde so it didn't feel like Rola bullying.

>I'll just leave everything to vice-president Rola-chan!
Is this a succinct summary of the Student Council dynamics from now on?

It looks more like Yume bullying to me. The other three look great, but she seems like she doesn't fit the uniform.

There's been exactly one council meeting so far, and Yuzu had a job to go to. Is that unreasonable? Also, there were five admins all working together during that meeting.

So is this the first time they've used the OP at the beginning of the season? Didn't expect STARDOM from the 2nd episode

I want to fuck Lala.

King of Prism reached more than 50k followers on twitter and they put this compatibility test based on your birth date
edelrose.jp/

Naru's VA got Kazuki
twitter.com/Emiryun/status/852496742213799936

TV Guide Person magazine is having a photoshoot with Hiro's VA and an interview about Pride The Hero
twitter.com/TVguidePERSON/status/852208113021145092

A store is doing merch: a dress, bag, phone cases. The company did the same products with Yuri on ice.
ani-cyu.jp/category/30-kinpri/index.html
ani-cyu.jp/category/29-yuri/index.html

Unless they wanted to troll people with Popcorn Dreaming, they couldn't have used anything else. Yume and Rola were also the main dancers in the PV for the song before the season aired.

I want to, but at the same time I don't want to verify with Twitter.

Hope they don't run out of songs and it gets repetitive.

Dumb post.

>being explicitly told that she has the best singing voice by top idols
>can't make it to the top of SONG Class
Song Class is a farce.

Please point out where in that statement it says best.

Rola's a perennial underachiever.

being an idol is not actually about being a good singer.

Elza specifically bothered to praise Rola's singing ability without saying anything about Yume's, who they just described as kirakira.

That's because her skill goes without saying.

Stars needs more outright sluts like her.

But even Hime, who adores Yume, praised Rola's singing in episode 49 and even after going on a long praise of Yume's idol accomplishments she never talked about her singing.

Because Rola is a great singer. In fact, she was one of the people who trained Yume (and helped Mahiru and so on). But being the top idol, even in one of the classes, is a function of both your singing and performance as an idol. The S4 Selections had two parts for each class, and it was the combined scores that decided your final rank.

In Elza's case, she knew Yume would be pretty good because Hime recommended her, but she felt compelled to comment on Rola because she didn't know anything about her before.

Pyroar idle.

But at the start of the episode they're talking about how they don't think much of Yume and Erza just wants her to be bait for Hime.

Erza also said that she is going to use any means necessary to get Hime.

Should've used 1,2, Sing for you desu

Yume was bait for Hime, but she was bait because Hime has her eyes on her. I at least felt like there was an implied "If Hime likes her, she must be pretty good" on Elza's part. And Ako was the one who said by any means necessary. If Elza said it, Yume would already be locked up in the brig.

I always laugh when I see this shit.

Bullying is mean.

What the fuck is this shit

Balance training. Try it.

Somehow it looked like she was taking a dump.

Did you miss episode 2?

Extreme fuckable

Wonder if she's perfect in bed.

That can't be it.

>SHOW ME YOUR AURA ROLA

I'm sure that Rei will be the peerless one.

Lucky teddy bears,

>Aura Rola
>Aurorola
>Aurora
>Aurora Rising!

>clap

Should I rewatch Stars from the start, /ai/?

why do that when you could rewatch OG from the start?

Reminds me of that time when I tried to take a shit the morning after I did Smolov 5x5 for the first time.