Military General

Thinking about joining the Air Force. Any military anons around to tell me what I'm getting myself into?

presumably some sort of aircraft

It's great just like the movies, I salute you sky captain godspeed and shoot down a MiG for me.

>aircraft

chair* FTFY

What trade?

>joining the Air Force
>expecting it to be one job
Depends on what you're going into. Comm, security, pilot, cyber, admin?

>fighting for the kikes
good goyim you nigger fuck

don't be a goon for the zog puppet masters, please.

Don't get pushed into a job that you don't want. If your ASVAB doesn't qualify you for the job you want, tell the recruiter to fuck off. Go study and take it again,.

Looking to go Intelligence.

>Thinking
Either you are or you aren't. You need to decide on your commitment. Should you decide to commit, pick 3 jobs that you would like to do, then find out what the advancement rates are for them if you are going enlisted.

Okay. Thanks for the advice.

"Guys, I'm thinking about joining the military. What are your thoughts?"

Since when are we careers.com?

Topics like this ought to be deleted for being off-topic.

Unless you have a STEM degree with a good GPA and possibly some intel internships on the side, you'll be enlisted. Getting into AF OCS is a lot harder than say army or marines.

Enlisted intel jobs are generally more specialized (i.e. Crypto linguist, signals, etc). I know some intel jobs can be airborne or ground.

Also, being bilingual helps. AF is picky about who they take.

>joining the military post Vietnam
Have fun using remote control drones for Israel

If you absolutely have to join the military, definitely go Chair Force. Mainly because we say "Chair Force" like it's an insult, but it's mostly envious. I would run into airmen all the time that would be like
>lol, you don't have air conditioning?
>lol, what do you mean there's a lack of women?
>lol, you don't have office hours?
>lol, you have to X
where X is whatever dumbass shit they apparently don't have to deal with. Seriously, if you're some kind of moto madman, do what you need to do, but if you're just a normal guy, USAF for life. It's literally the advice I give my nephews when they're thinking about being soldiers like their father or Marines like me. "Your father and I were fucking morons, join the AF."

Alright thanks for the information. Working on my German.

Are you considering Enlisted or Officer?

Fucking Christ how is this politics?! What happened to this board? DO you need to ask Sup Forums permission to piss as well?

I don't have to but I would like to give back to my country. I am 22 and currently in community college for socioeconomic reasons. I dropped out of UVA and moved to California to work in film and now am pursing my associates for transfer in Communications.

Do you have a Bachelor's degree? If so, join the USAF as an officer and pick an MOS that will benefit you in the civilian world. That's what I plan on doing after I get my Bachelor's.
Joining as enlisted in any branch isn't worth it from what I hear, although I assume the Air Force would be the least shitty branch to enlist in.
Not in the military myself, FYI. This is just what I've heard lately. Even if you get shit for being an Air Force POG, there's no war worth fighting for right now and, if you play your cards right, you can enjoy landing some cushy job back home while combat veterans serve you food at Burger King.

Straight-up "intel" isn't gonna be something you can walk into. You'll want to start with comm or cyber, then cross-train over. If you're thinking AWACS or other radio-in job, go comm, it's much easier to get fitted for those positions early on (STAY AWAY FROM RF-TRANS, YOU GONNA DICK AROUND WITH DISHES INSTEAD). For red team/blue team shit, start with programmer, and don't compromise it, cause 90% of red team/blue team comes from the programmer pool (admins and cyber-trans get fucked).

If you're serious about it, go 6-year enlisted over 4-year, cause unless it's critically manned, you're gonna have to wait until your 3-year mark, then have at least 36-month retainability after graduating from the tech school you're cross-training into, which fucks up 4-termers cause now they gotta extend without the benefits of a 6-termer.

That's the gist of it.

Want to slay bodies? Join the Marines. Or Ranger school if you go 'Big A.'

Want to be a swab? Join the Navy.

Want to work in an office with a bunch of babes? Join the Air Force. Just don't expect it to be 'the military.'

Whatever you do, don't go security forces.

Once you've complete your training, you'll have to postpone schooling for at least 1 year to obtain your qualifications.

I don't have my Bachelors but I saw THE AIRMAN SCHOLARSHIP AND COMMISSIONING PROGRAM and THE AIR FORCE TUITION ASSISTANCE which would be helpful to me. I really don't mind either way. Trying to figure the best route for me. Either that be finish my BA then go into the AF or AF then finish my BA. Either way I will be 27ish when it happens. Or 25 if I forgo the AF.

Enlisted route btw. Commision's a whole nother ball game, plus civy officers rarely get intel. They mostly get slapped with admin and other paper-pushing stuff. Unless you have degrees and certs in crypto-security and response, you'll just be managing paperwork if you commission.

I forgot to mention: I've also heard the Air Force is difficult to join right now due to the sheer number of applicants, at least when it comes to getting into OTS. Just be patient but persistent about joining.

Air force is filled with people that are only there for free college, citizenship, and a host of other benefits. This is due to it being the branch with the best quality of living. The Air Force also has the hottest females. If you spend time on a Marine Corps base you will be compensated with special hazard pay.

>t.Marine

I only killed one human being in vietnam and that was the first man that I ever killed. I was sick with guilt about killing that guy, and thinking I would have to do this the next 13 months and i'm gonna go crazy, and then I saw a marine step on a bouncing betty mine and that's when I made my deal with the devil, in that I said I will never kill another human being as long as I'm in vietnam. However I will waste as many gooks as I can find, I'll wax as many dinks as I can find, I'll smoke as many zips as I can find, but I ain't going to kill anybody, you know? You turn a subject into an object, it's Racism 101 it turns out to be a very necessary tool, when you have children fighting your wars, for them to stay sane doing their work.

after 6 years of aircraft maintenance, i can say that it feels like a waste of time.

Alright thanks for the information.
Good to know, thanks.

An extremely boring life with lots of tan around you all the time. Still, if you have no dreams just stick with it and get the military pension if you can.

I just looked that up, unless I looked at the wrong information, it's a commissioning program for enlisted personnel. You'll need to commit before anything else and you'll have to compete for it by obtaining good SAT/ACT scores, and then you might be accepted.

Also, recruiters will tell you anything they can to make their branch look like it's the best thing ever (and try to convince you it's what you want).

They have quotas and need to fill certain jobs (MOS) and will spin some shitty MOS just to fill a billet. They have no shame.

Figure out what you want to accomplish, decide what you want to do in whichever branch (hopefully with a career plan after you get out) and get that shit IN WRITING on your contract.

My buddy was a Cobra mechanic at Pendleton and when he got out he had his A&P so he had a job skill as a civilian aircraft mechanic pulling down $70k.

Get your ass into ROTC - get a scholarship and a commission. Intel is hard to get into but it's honestly not all it's cracked up to be from what I hear. Go rated if you're up to it - better career prospects, better work culture, and flight suits are comfy.

The USAF is super picky. Probably the pickiest of any military branch in the world. They will deny you even if you're in peak physical shape, did really well on the ASVAB or have a college degree. It's like the Waffen-SS of America's armed forces.

If you get in though, you're set. You are pretty much surrounded by 10/10 qt3.14s constantly and you do nothing, also you get paid more than the other branches. Sounds like a win win.

What is rated?

Air Force is AFQT, not MOS.

Yeah I heard the women are attractive but I don't think it will be a good idea to fuck around with any sisters.

Hmm, was AFSC in pre faggot/tranny days

It's the officer career fields of Pilot, Combat Systems Officer(navigator, pretty much), Air Battle Manager(AWACS autists), and Drone pilots.

Well fuck, most of the shit you posted is gay and retarded.
Have you ever been in the military or are you giving feels based advice?

Probably, I'm not Air Force, I'm Navy.

I'm an ARMY fag, I say do army. Airforce is more logistics and tech wise. It's the easiest out of all the branches but a respectable one too. AIrforce is easy because they get their phones in Basic and eat at the fanciest Defac and basic is one of the shortest out of the branches.

AFSC = Air Force Specialty Code
AFQT = Air Force Qualifying Test

Ah I got it mixed up then.

Ex AF 58SOG.
Some borderline Larpy advice that may make OP look all stupid and faggy if he goes regurgitating it to the wrong people. Seems like you’re genuinely interested so i’ll back off your sac. Happy New Year squid!
GL OP. You can get a 30 k signing bonus and MOS slot i(f you’re tests go well & bkgd Ck is green) right now to go Green Beret, but if you quit, or fail out you’ll be perma fucked for 5 years.

This.
This.

>Air force is filled with people that are only there for free college, citizenship, and a host of other benefits.
Sadly this.

>An extremely boring life with lots of tan around you all the time.
Depends where you get stationed. If it's Gunter/Maxwell, gg no re.

This, read that shit, and don't sway from your career choice.

>They will deny you even if you're in peak physical shape, did really well on the ASVAB or have a college degree.
Because fucking dumbasses keep forgetting about the "asthma" they had back in high-school when they filled out their paperwork, and then bring it up in MEPS. Automatic disqualification, gg no re. Not to mention mental/emotional disqualifiers (AKA "the filter"). If you got a good head and are not a fucking fatass priss, you should be fine.
>You are pretty much surrounded by 10/10 qt3.14s constantly
9/10 of them are married or red-flags, ESPECIALLY admin and security. Don't get their hopes up like that man, that's mean.
Good, smart, do that. Not worth it with all that #metoo shit going around. There's a guy still here with a DUI and underage drinking, but I haven't seen anyone last more than a month after a sexual harassment case. As I said, red-flags.

Nah, phones are no-go during Basic, though Defac is definitely better. Motherfuckin' raisin bread cheese omelet sandwich with peanut butter, mmmmmm.

ohhh, I was told they got their phones like at week 6 or some shit

How did you get into SOG?
What is re?

Thanks. I'm genuinely concerned because we have some shit rates here. One of the more infamous amongst us is the "Undesignated". I don't know if the other branches have it, but it's literally the worst job anyone can ever be assigned. Since they are always assigned o ships(Usually aircraft carriers), Those guys are given the worst custodial work, the worst watch rotations, cannot advance past E-3 until they've cross rated, and, to make things worse for them, they can't cross rate until they've completed 2 years of service.

af comm officer here. the amount of misinformation in this thread is cringe worthy
and my enlisted folk don't get phones on basic u ass clown

Could you tell me about how life on the base goes? Any advice on should I just 4 yr enlisted or go 6 then
and go for ocs --

I'm still figuring out a lot of stuff for how I want my life to play out.

no u

What misinformation have you seen in this thread?

And as a general question for all the people already in what would something like geospatial intelligence entail?

You only get it for like, 5 minutes, and that's to tell your meemaw and peepaw where you'll be for graduation. Anymore than that and you get washed back. The smart move is to just text them, take a picture of the pamphlet and send it. You only REALLY get it back once you head out for tech-school afterwards.

Rematch. Smuggy LoL or Overwatch players' equivalent to "get rekt." It has more "pissing off" potential, but also forebodes a sense of a true, dark fate...

It's called "services" in the Air Force. Cook one week, ball handler at the gym the next. Though that sounds not as bad as the Navy or Army. Poor sods.

That's not very officer of you, but since your here, you can give OP the specs of getting into "comm" and "intel".

Started as an AFSC that’s gone now, but was jet electronics, drafted onto test team in tech school, more schools and then recovery team for prototype plane tech we were testing

oh that's actually cool. Thanks user.
When I was at Basic for army I got it like only 3 times and it was each time we phased up, for about 3 minutes.

always go 4 year enlisted don't fall for the 6 year you can always extend or reenlist
never do 6 year and if u have over 40 college credits u can get e3 right when u start basic
if u do 4 year
if you go comm (any 3d) everyone in my squadron that has gotten a job upon separation making great money and never a problem finding a job

always go the comm route or Intel but for the most part I haven't witnessed one person get out of any career field and struggle to find a job

just so well on asvab and never lie (except past drug usage) on your S or TS application or interview cause they will find everything

I lied to my dude about basically everything and he came back 4 months later and presented me with a book of past law related issues I had and things I lied about
I owned up to all of it and within 2 months had my clearance
they want honestly that's
really it

2 sides, capture & analysis.
C-acquisition of data / integration to planning and sharing tools (and all that may entail)
A-identifying shit on maps, making fuckloads of labels on huge maps, searching for shit on maps

Also if you're trying to get S or TS clearance, cause you'll need to get SSN and parent's SSN and all that junk. That was, week 4? I have no idea ever since they introduced Airman's week.

Which is why a lot of them get turned away at MEPS, like asthma. It's not that they had it, it's that they never brought it up, or changed their statement. Just be up-front with that crap. Because when they come back, if you fail to report it, or worse, "hide" it, your ass is gonna get discharged, with maybe legal repercussions.

you're getting into dropping bombs for israel over huts in the middle of the desert on the other side of the world
make of that what you will

>Thinking about joining the Air Force

Why not join the military instead?

underrated leaf post

Do it. Crank out a 6-8year enlistment as intel and you should have an easy time picking up work with a contractor like Lockheed and contractors make bank. I wish I'd gone intel like my Dad but I fell for the Security Forces meme and now I sit on my ass waiting for nothing to happen until the end of my 12 hour shift

Thanks for the response, how do you mean? What sort of work would a contractor do for lockheed? My dad worked for Northrup Grumman but never talked about any of the stuff he did.

Do not sign up as a general.
Do only 4 years.
Get out after 4 years.
DO NOT SIGN FOR ANY JOB BECAUSE IT IS COOL.
Cool doesn't make money.

>Air Force
Honestly join a real branch, but other than that go for it. Don't listen to people who talk shit about "Le Joos control everything XDDD" it's a very good opportunity to make something out of your life.

>make something out of your life.
You mean having your name of a fancy piece of rock?

this is in the army but ive only seen nco who were combat arms and moved to reserves have this MOS. i.e. seen an infantrymen go reserves so he could get retirment but didnt want a new mos so he just did nco stuff

>Want to slay bodies? Join the Marines.

You mean traps the Philippines? Besides that the only thing Marines are killing these days are civilians in Okinawa.

T. Air Force

>and if u have over 40 college credits u can get e3 right when u start basic
I remember seeing stuff about this, would an associates degree do anything different? Also what would comm people be doing on an average workday?

anyone around

Join this discord

discord gg/6UjCws

if job security, gi bill, 1 month leave a year, health, dental, life insurance, matched TSP and being paid to learn a vocational job... I dont know what else is there to entice people to join the military.

Good luck.

btw you seem motivated so I will be here as long as I could to answer questions... I work in MacDill here with Centcom/socom, any intel questions shoot.

hey good looks mate. Someone mentioned earlier about 40+ credits -- does having an associates degree benefit your pay grade? also if I want to go intelligence so I can work as a denfense analyst either for someone like northrop would you recommend I go into the AF as an officer? I'd like to get into a TLA but also get a masters degree and I am trying to figure out the order of everything.

I'm in the army, MecCavalry, fun stuff.

>discord gg/6UjCws
Osmotic

Associates benefits you both, if you can, just finish your college first and then commission as Officer. If possible, maybe you can do 2 years of ROTC and then towards a commission. If you are young enough, see if you can try military academy.

Intelligence is high on demand, its not just Northrop that is available... there's like a ton of contractors hiring that can get you good benefits/$... most of the military in intel become reservist and do the same job in their contracting. There is plenty of opportunity.

Bottom line, if you can do college, finish that first then join.

anything else you think I should know? thanks for the input

Go Navy

I really haven't given the navy much thought, have been pretty keyed in for the air force doing all of my research on that branch. why do you say go navy?

Yes, go Navy!

Don't have expectations of becoming an officer, it's just a recruited selling point and mustangs are rare.

Commands have restrictions sometime quite arbitrary ones like surface warfare pins in my command's case to make use of TA.

Plus life happens. You are going to be stuck in training commands for your first year or more after which you are going to be working a salaried more then full time job. You may not like dealing with the military life style or the absolutely stupid way.

Or you lose you mind and impregnate some bitch and get some anchor babies.

i should just do an enlisted 4 then move on with my life.

>tfw in the Navy Submarine Force
>like, 50 enlisted women in this entire sub-branch
>half are chiefs, a quarter are lesbians and the rest are uggos
H-Hooyah...

>tfw you actually win wars

Depends if you like it. One thing is for absolutely certain. It will be a life changing experience, you will never be the same person.