Was Lovecraft /ourguy/

Was Lovecraft /ourguy/

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikiquote.org/wiki/H._P._Lovecraft
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

he is /ourguy/
He named his cat "Nigger Cat"
If he was alive today he would be on Sup Forums

If you want to be a friendless, pathetic fucktard who starves to death in obscurity, go for it. It doesn't matter if the future is vaguely amused by you, you'll be fucking dead.

>155852192

Lovecraft was cursed as a Sup Forumslack born a century before his time time where one had to shitpost through the mail system and he had tens of thousands of letters corresponding with rando (who)s who would just mail him to discuss writing and hating non-whites.

>when long ago, the gods created earth

He was a good horror writer, certainly far better than the shit we are today. And yes, he would've been most certainly a Sup Forumsack, had he been born in our time

Meant "we have", not "we are"

All of a sudden Lovecraft is EVERYWHERE.
WTF?
I see liberal soybois talking him up and right wing teens. WTF is going on?
2 months ago: nothing
today: 24/7 Lovecraft
why?

i don't trust it

>It doesn't matter if the future is vaguely amused by you, you'll be fucking dead.

that applies to every single fucking human being ever

Just you noticing that.

>liberal soybois talking him up

It should be easy to redpill them with /ourguy/ HPL wrote, then.

I suspect liberal retards are more interested about consuming products related to the Lovecraft mythos (Cthulhu toys, etc.) than read the stuff he wrote

Might be the dumbest post i seen this year

Having no friends is nice. You sound like a needy clingy nigger fag.

He grew out of his racism as he got older, just like most of you angry manchildren will. He even married a Jew.

Which is why you should do a better job with the life you've got than that miserable fuck did.

And then divorced her. Because he was so racist.

>miserable fuck
>100% guaranteed accomplished more than you could ever hope, and dream to
Have fun living in the fantasy world you, and Tony Robbins created.
Fucking retard.

No, those views are common for his time period.

>“…I realised what an ass I had been. The liberals at whom I used to laugh were the ones who were right—for they were living in the present while I had been living in the past.”
>en.wikiquote.org/wiki/H._P._Lovecraft

Yeah, really sounds like he remained a Sup Forumslack right up to the end.

He was a vocal bigot in his youth and 20s, like most intelligent shut-ins with a chip on their shoulder, but then he grew the fuck up.

Why's that?

He wasn't admitting he was wrong.

He meant he regretted not getting laid more.

And he'd retract it if he had any semblance of intelligence if he looked at the Negro today.

>being this uninformed
That clan democrat convention in 1924 were liberals... don't believe it, read their platform they call themselves liberal

This. Same reason nobody really gets shitty about his racist views, hating black folks was just a normal thing back then. Basing any sort of judgements on his views in such a time is basically the maximum amount of retarded, whether your judgement is positive or negative

He was a product of his times, but in his youth he was a reactionary even for his time. He had this strange "classical anglo"-larp going on, even starving himself on purpose because he thought that "aristocrats aren't fat" until he slowly gave up on being special suffering snowflake and accepted his identidy as just another struggling american writer.

>I can better understand the inert blindness & defiant ignorance of the reactionaries from having been one of them. I know how smugly ignorant I was—wrapped up in the arts, the natural (not social) sciences, the externals of history & antiquarianism, the abstract academic phases of philosophy, & so on—all the one-sided standard lore to which, according to the traditions of the dying order, a liberal education was limited. God! the things that were left out—the inside facts of history, the rational interpretation of periodic social crises, the foundations of economics & sociology, the actual state of the world today … & above all, the habit of applying disinterested reason to problems hitherto approached only with traditional genuflections, flag-waving, & callous shoulder-shrugs!

>As for the Republicans — how can one regard seriously a frightened, greedy, nostalgic huddle of tradesmen and lucky idlers who shut their eyes to history and science, steel their emotions against decent human sympathy, cling to sordid and provincial ideals exalting sheer acquisitiveness and condoning artificial hardship for the non-materially-shrewd, dwell smugly and sentimentally in a distorted dream-cosmos of outmoded phrases and principles and attitudes based on the bygone agricultural-handicraft world, and revel in (consciously or unconsciously) mendacious assumptions (such as the notion that real liberty is synonymous with the single detail of unrestricted economic license or that a rational planning of resource-distribution would contravene some vague and mystical 'American heritage'…) utterly contrary to fact and without the slightest foundation in human experience? Intellectually, the Republican idea deserves the tolerance and respect one gives to the dead.

-H.P. Lovecraft, formerly "redpilled"

>He named his cat "Nigger Cat"

it was niggerman (sometimes written as "nigger man")

blame true detective season one

And he's wrong.

There's only one rational explanation for why Negroes are so violent and can't adapt to modern society. They never evolved into it. They're inferior.

And so on.

How does this contradict his racist beliefs?

>And he's wrong.
He was a very intelligent man. He believed what you believed when he was young, and then believed something else when he was older. Perhaps you should entertain the possibility that it's you who is wrong, and that like him, you will eventually look back on this period in your life with embarrassment.

All he says is that the free market isn't perfect and that making it synonymous to American herritage is a fallacy and he didnt pay attention to politics because he spent all his time in arts and science so he didn't notice.

He didn't care about American herritage as much as he cared about his "Nordic herritage" and you can ignore it all you want but the LIBERALS WERE THE RACISTS OF HIS TIME YOU DUMB ISLAND NIGGER

Lovecraft has steadily gotten more popular over the past few decades as people who read his books as teens grow up, become artists and insert shit based on his writings into the stuff they make. Eventually such a thing reaches a point where it's everywhere and it was far before 2 months ago

>Nordic herritage
Lovecraft was an anglophile.

>LIBERALS WERE THE RACISTS OF HIS TIME YOU DUMB ISLAND NIGGER
You're off by about sixty fucking years, and he started as a reactionary. He didn't flip until the late 20s, liberals weren't racist in the fucking interwar period. How the fuck do you know less about your nation's history than I do?

>The Democrats were the racists of his time

Listen man, you seriously can't expect me to believe you're stupid enough to literally define "conservative" and "liberal" as "Republican" and "Democrat," respectively. Get that word game bullshit out of here

And since everyone is just taking everyone else at facevalue here (why does Sup Forums do this) that writing style he used was 18th century. Straya here is hoping everyones lack of reading comprehension will give him a free pass to write horseshit.

Why 18th century style and lexicon? He was given a library of books from the time by his grandfather that shaped his style? Why does this matter? Because he believed that his blood and soul came from another time and while he did moderate his views on what it is to be an "American" he stayed firmly "European" and pure. Lovecraft basically was the 56% poster of his time. HE was white, HE was European, HE was noble like the people he read and like his grandfather before him. Everyone else was just an untermensch.

Learning about the dude is fun. He also sounded like fast talking 1920s man with the nasal new England accent. Kinda funny for a guy everyone assumes had a European accent based on the way he WROTE AND CARRIED HIMSELF.

>Listen man, you seriously can't expect me to believe you're stupid enough
He doesn't expect you to believe it, he really is stupid enough. Clearly somebody told him the Democrats were on the wrong side of abolition and he associates Democrats with liberalism, and also thinks that state of affairs lasted well into the 20th century.

>while he did moderate his views on what it is to be an "American" he stayed firmly "European"
I'm not contending otherwise on this. Only stating that he grew out of hating everyone who wasn't.

Ah, one of them retards that's never heard the words "Southern Strategy" before.

Read more you retard. he talks about it more than once. And no he wasn't but he absolutely considered himself to be.

And both of you have zero clue about American politics. The democrats were defining themselves as liberal and they were still the south will rise again racists. You don't even have to read a book just go to Wikipedia.

When Lovecraft says liberal he means democrat and when he means democrat he means the pragmatic racism of his time.

Willful stupidity isn't good trolling

>Was Lovecraft /ourguy/
Great Author, very innovative, created a whole horror vibe that no one really delved into. I think I've read everything by him. It was a couple years ago and I went on a reading spree and in a couple months binged and read everything I could from him.

with respect to if he is /ourguy/ or not, Yes he is /ourguy/ but the funny think to remember is that in the early 1900's nearly every guy was /ourguy/.

>If he was alive today he would be on Sup Forums
he would be on /x/

>Only stating that he grew out of hating everyone who wasn't.
But ya got no proofs. Not even an inference. I'd love to know something new about him in his later years but you got no proofs

> implying he isn't

He actually became even more racist as he grew older and wanted to even sterilize some minorities in his good days, in his bad days he was calling for a full on race war of extermination. He also liked Hitler even though he founded him somewhat crass. The only thing that separates him from modern racists is that he did not dislike Jews (his wife was one) and Arabs (because of his love for oriental studies)

Read his journal.

> Lovecraft basically was the 56% poster of his time. HE was white, HE was European, HE was noble like the people he read and like his grandfather before him.

One of my favorite Lovecraft analogies was how he learned that one of his great-great-great-grandfathers wasn't Anglo-Saxon British but Welsh British and this set him off into an existential crisis that spurred him to write about "The Rats In the Walls" which was about a protagonist who inherits his ancestral home only to learn they hid a family secret of being insane cannibalistic incest mutants.

NSA psyop to prepare you for officiall admission of existence of The Old Ones

fpbp

Don't expect anyone in this shithole to discuss things beyond what they read in cracked articles or whatever revisionist garbage farm they go to in order to "learn"

>he would be on /x/
He was racist; not retarded.

Why? There's nothing lovecraftian about it. Why not Faulkner or McCarthy?

And I love stuff like that. Being Sup Forums isn't new and whether you agree or disagree its comforting to know that attitudes about race and ancestry go way back and what your gut says about it isn't right or wrong its just human.

I love his rants about the Portuguese being wretched subhumans and ruining providence and NE in general. Maybe they were terrible back then but being as that I'm half Portuguese and spent some childhood years in providence I forgive him with the full authority of my 56% herritage lol. But he was right, porkchops are terrible people. Lovecraft said nothing wrong, and being an idealist about race (even his own) is how the world will prevent mutt mutants. If the body is a temple then racists write the manual on its care and maintenance. Dude cared.

very lovecraftian

>i don't trust it

unseen forces influencing mankind ~

>There's nothing Lovecraftian about it.
Wrong. It was basically a Cthulhu Mythos show (sadly only a single season). The King In Yellow AKA Hastur and Carcosa are from Chambers, Lovecraft and Derleth. I also really like how it seemed as though McConaughey was going more and more insane as he got deeper into the conspiracy.

Definitely Lovecraftian though m8, that's why everyone was so bummed with the second season.

Lovecrafts tale At the Mountains of Madness (and maybe some others, too) will turn out to be prophetic
>alien artifacts in Antarctica

He got (((Married))). Now imagine that face having sex with his "well assimilated" Jewish wife.

I'll have to admit I haven't read lovecraft much but I nevertheless somehow thought Lovecraft is all about indescribable unfathomable gargantuan cosmic tentacles. Don't know much about King in yellow. To me it was just a hillbilly cultist (nothing supernatural) and the season was all about the mood which was pretty existential plus southern.

I still hold the belief that Lovecraft might be the first confirmed case of redpill overdosing.

>Lovecraft is all about indescribable unfathomable gargantuan cosmic tentacles

not really. his horror is anti-anthropocentrism. comprehending your own insignificance is the real horror. the unfathomable tentacled things are really just the thing that makes people realize how insignificant they are.

I think he once wrote how he hated that almost all aliens in fiction at that point were basically just humans wearing silver suits or had big foreheads.

>Lovecraft /ourguy/
without a doubt

You may recall in the very last episode, when McConaughey comes across dude bro in the out building, there is an actual supernatural light glowing above dude's head. It's brief but it's 100% there and confirms the magical aspect is legit.