Who /major/ here?

Who /major/ here?

I don't want to sound casual about this, but he is unironically one of my favorite villains in modern fiction anime. I think the manga as a whole did a great job fleshing him out in being someone that was always so pathetic. That his plan on turning the most powerful being in the world helpless even for a couple of decades was a win to him.

*tips*

My favourite villain in anime.

All of his dialogues were 10/10.

違うね。私は人間だ。
彼は化物だ。だからこそ私は心底 彼を憎む、吸血鬼アーカードを認めない!

One of my favourite villains, as well. Not just his character - his voice actor (Nobuo Tobita) is absolutely perfect for the role. His speeches completely draw you in, despite being *designed* to sound like mad ramblings at times. And his final speech make you utterly reconsider the perspectives of all of the characters: is The Major really little more than a human conservationist? If so, he's as much of an anti-hero as Alucard.

And I've said all of this without mentioning the War Speech.

Only thing that makes it better would have been if he was human.

how dare you

DO NOT FIST THE ROBOT NAZIS

Honestly, him being a robot/cyborg was one of the weirdest things in the series. Absolutely no explanation for it either.

>Absolutely no explanation for it either.
How can you have read/watched the series, and also have somehow missed that

I read it when the chapter first came out. Go on, what's the explanation?

Doc could only save him by making him into a cyborg.

That would be the logical conclusion after he rejected vampirism, sure. The fact that cybernetics and the like are never hinted at prior to or brought up again after the revelation is the problem. It's just "oh yeah, we could make cyborgs all along. How about that?" and that's about it. That's my point.

1- it was a secret kept until the end for impact

2- why make cyborgs when you could create immortal supernatural beings

The Major stayed human, even until the very end. He had cybernetics to keep himself alive but he still retained his humanity, unlike Alucard and Anderson. Even so, he is still "a monster" in a human way. I guess you missed the point of all this.

yeah but his plan was an ass pull it would have been better if that priest, Walter, the major, hellsing, and that blonde bimbo took him down and they combined all the battles into one massive fight

Cybernetics were not hinted at, but genetic/body modification was. That was the entire point of Doc's character: he was responsible for all of the soldiers' vampiric transformations, Walter's transformation, *something* involving Schrodinger, and constantly referenced his experimentation and its potential applications; all before The Major's reveal. No, the cyborg twist was not *directly* foreshadowed, but I'm absolutely sure some people theorized that there was something up with The Major before the reveal. After all, he was 90+ years old, yet his appearance had never changed since World War II. Again, it wasn't entirely out-of-the-blue.

finished watching it a few days ago, i skipped thru most of his speeches

zzzZZZZzzzz

>1- it was a secret kept until the end for impact
It was a twist, sure. But it was also completely out of left field, which is what made it kind of dumb.
>2- why make cyborgs when you could create immortal supernatural beings
Because it was established that they were hard to make. After over 50 years they only managed to have 500 troops, which isn't very much. Cybernetics that advanced could've made for something more viable. It strikes me as something Hirano introduced at the last minute because he couldn't be bothered to continue The Dawn where it probably would've been addressed more coherently.
>I guess you missed the point of all this.
I am well aware of the underlying theme of the manga, than you very much. The whole human vs monster isn't exactly profound. The point is that it was a crude way to handle the issue and it wasn't properly explained, that's all.

At least the artificial vampire aspect was somewhat addressed with Mina's revelation. And yes, The Major was obviously not just a normal human after all that time, but execution is kind of the issue here.
Walter's betrayal was also something I suspect was supposed to have been built up to in The Dawn but also got cut because Hirano is lazy.

To be fair to him, he died utterly convinced he'd permanently 'unmade' Alucard with his Schrödinger gambit.

Then the execution is imperfect; I'm fine with that sentiment - but that doesn't make it devoid of explanation.

Wasn't he an automaton? I thought that's why he was so fixated on his objective. Because he couldn't think beyond what the Doc programmed him to do.

Devoid might a be a bit strong, but the explanation is subpar for sure. And I'm positive it's due to the ending being rushed and The Dawn being dropped. Everything about the last couple of volumes seemed like it was supposed to have a stronger build up, like Walter's betrayal, Seras' role as a true vampire, Anderson's use of the nail and loss of humanity, pretty much everything about the Major, Mina, Schrodinger and The Captain, etc. Everything apart from Anderson and Seras would probably have been touched upon in The Dawn, so it makes sense that's where the shortfall occured. I still hope Hirano goes back to it some day once Drifters is done with.

The fact that there's even as much margin for confusion over something that major (no pun intended) is also why it's a subpar execution.

>And I've said all of this without mentioning the War Speech.
Well, you just did.

I'm the most mad that Hirano replaced something amazing like Hellsing/The Dawn with another shitty fucking isekai garbage that we already have thousands of, the only twist being that it's edgy.

>Drifters
>isekai garbage

Don't you even dare compare it to the absolute fucking dogshit that passes for isekai these days. Sure it's not DEEP or anything but it's pretty damn entertaining and the addition of various historical figures as both protagonists and antagonists proves it had at least some thought put into it compared to the aforementioned dogshit that we get today.

Yes I mad.

Drifters is great, go and stay go

It's sad when there used to be great Isekai anime once. We need a new season of The Twelve Kingdoms, now more than ever.

I read it.
I watched the anime adaptation.
It's still just Isekai trash but with Hirano's signature edge on it.

I thought the whole point of the ending was that Alucard could never again hold souls, he was stuck as himself. Sounded like he killed the dark prince to me.

Fuck you nigger.

drifters is trash and you're really fucking stupid if you don't realize it

Well, your favourite anime is also shit, SHIIIIIT!

*Favorite

How come this got such a good adaptation while Berserk gets shit like CLANG?

best major coming through

90s berserk is a pleb filter and the movies weren't unbearably awful

The movies were a complete fucking shitshow m8.

At least they weren't CLANG tier

Major was a monster convinced that he was human. The awoo Captain was more human than him.

Hellsing was shorter, and got aired as the relevant part of the manga was ongoing. It actually took Hirano 11 years to write 10 volumes of manga.

I´d be down for that crossover.

Aside from shoddy mook CG and a few missing story elements due to time, the movies were about as good as they could have been

>man on lifesupport somehow less human than literal dog
Yeah okay dude

>Anderson
I believe that Anderson wasn't considered a "monster" until he impaled himself on the spear. Until than he was still "human" enough for Alucard to be ok with dying at his hands.

The works of Man are not the same as the supernatural so stuff like cybernetics and Bioengineering are fair game for humanity.

Everything about his plan for getting rid of Alucard is easily the best part of the series. And I actually like the cyborg reveal since it really makes his character consistent as fuck.
Also, he did nothing wrong.

Yes, he did one thing wrong. He should have hit the range more often.

For shame, he'd miss an elephant in a corridor...

No, just no.

Here.

>Linux powered cyborg brain
Suddenly it all makes sense.

Montana is one of my favorite characters but I don't remember him to be popular and well-liked enough to have positive threads and this isn't the first in recent memory. What happened? Youjo Senki? Drifters?

My bet is on this one.

A reminder that hellsing manga was supposed to end after the Major dies, but the author was forced into making another chapter, to please all of the people who hated the fact that alucard died. I wish he didnt do that. It would have been a bittersweet ending, had both Alucard and Major died.

>, but the author was forced into making another chapter,
Eh, this is blatantly false. Did you read the interview with Hirano? He always intented Hellsing to be a Dracula parody/tribute where the Count gets a happy ending and the girl (Integra), then got out his and with Nazishit but straightened it in the end. He published Hellsing in the anniversary of the Stoker novel.

The ending was always meant to be Integra and Alucard on an ambiguous note of her vampirism. He told Gonzo this and they made their own interpretation of how to reach it.

Hell, as soon as Alucard fades, Hirano writes "Alucard never dies! He disappears! Integra's cries cut through the air" Just to put he's not dead, yo.

He's a Reddit-tier villain. You should be ashamed for liking him Sup Forums.

He made him a favor. Major's efforts to 'defeat Alucard' ended up giving him in silver platter everything he wanted. Great job!

If you wanna see a true man beating the Count, that was Abraham van Helsing. And he only needed 4 Victorian men + 1 Mina and a few weeks. Major had decades of planning and an army and he fucked up because he completely misunderstood him.

Pretty much, yeah.

And it should have kept that way.

>It takes a human to slay a monster. Only a human may dare to.
>It took a man in the guises of a monster to slay a monster in the guises of a man.

Its the entire point of the characters, both got their dream.

>Imb4 major was a monster.
It is implied several times over the serkes that what makes someone a monster, what makes someone less than a human, is losing their own free will for poweras they couldnt handle their own weakness. Alucard, Captain, Alexander, Walter. Major fucking rejected vampirism. Alucard didnt have to balls to do so.

Being kept alive by machine parts doesnt make you a monster, or you if it does, get up and tell it to your grandfather or relative with a pacemaker.

I just realized how fucking similar Instrumentality and Vampirism are.

Alucard is pretty much a living sea of tang.

What the fuck

Who is this loli?

What does "reddit" mean today?

>he doesn't know THE best Major and future Führer of Earth

Reminder that Major did nothing wrong.

Just a normal middle aged atheist salaryman.

Anything I don't like.

Integra, the protagonist, saw him as a monster and beat him. So he's a monster. You're drinking an idiot's kool aid who failed to accomplish what old man Bram did in a week.

>Integra
>The protagonist

Its alucard and you know it. She is just a major character. And alucard is an anti hero that wanted to be killed by a human. Someone with own will.

Agree, why a cyborg needs eat?

>man
Monster. He started slaughtering London's harmless civilians just because "Gentlemen, I like war" and he didn't pursue any noble goals, he just wanted to die "beautifully" or whatever, even fighting Alucard was just a part of this "ambition". He never showed real compassion even to his subordinates. And he couldn't shoot, even though firearms are one of man's instruments. Alucard was also suicidal but he overcame that and found a reason to live thanks to Integra and co., so maybe even he was more of a man in the end.

Father Anderson kills only monsters and heathens and he killed Maxwell. That's because Maxwell also became a monster.

he probably doesn't need to but he still enjoys eating food.

Well obviously.

Shit.

Blitzkrieg-chan.

ich.

I'd say that the one thing that so clearly deliniates humans from monsters is how they react to their death. "Dogs" cower before death. "Monsters" will fight, and failing that, flee from death with all their might. Humans will face their death, fight it, and should they die, accept it.

Monsters also regret their choice, and spend the rest of their time seeking death.

A perfect example is the Last Battalion as a whole, who fought to the end, fled to another continent, and then came back to die sixty years later.

>The flat character is the protagonist over the characters with story arcs and development

Next your going to tell me that Dracula was the protagonist of Stoker's book.

The major didnt cower. He made the one decision others wouldnt make. He reject vampirism (who was offering it? The devil? Alucard wasnt around that time), and ended up saved by the doc.

Integra has very little development and arc too. I would call seras the protag before her.

But he still fled from death, only to return seeking it.

Can confirm fat as fuck.

>I would call seras the protag before her.
I was going to say that but then I couldn't be bothered to really argue about it.

>Major from Hellsing Ultimate
>Stroheim
>Tanya
Why are all German majors so fucking amazing?

Because Nazi fetishism can provoke strong inspiration?

>lives on as Alucard's only familiar much like how Pip is Seras' only familiar
>can be summoned from blood at will

But is he as happy as Pip is in his current state of existence?

imagine a Schrodinger/Seras 3some

It was probably hinted at very early, with a dialogue that went somewhat like this:
>Schrödinger: You should lose weight
>Major: I'm afraid that's not possible anymore.

He gets to have all his holes ravaged by Alucard every day for eternity. How could he not be happy?

High res of this, anyone?

Why no one has posted this?

This is the highest I can find offhand. It doesn't seem to be included in the raw LN uploads, unfortunately.

Blueballed for 40 years.

>Seras and Schroedinger sucking on your dick at the same time
>almost looks like they were making out with each other but you put your dick between them but they decided to keep using their tongues

Lord help me.

why didn't he get a more slim and "muscular" body if he was a cyborg?

It is a symbol of his will. Surely, Doc could have given The Major a powerful body, but it would not be created of his own will - it would be akin to accepting vampirism; taking on the form of something which you had not caused to be by your own will. The Major chose to be overweight in his life, and it is that choice which is reflected in his cyborg body.