Seikaisuru Kado

Did Horrible Subs fail us?
Are they really so weak and scarred of Amazon?

Other urls found in this thread:

seikaisuru-kado.com/character.html
nensaysubs.net/sub/Seikaisuru_Kado
imgur.com/a/iBnbW
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Livechart says it's airing in three hours.

why does this show alternate between 3d cgi and hand drawn for some characters?
why was 2/3 of ep 0 hand drawn and suddenly half of the chars turned to cgi?

It's easier to make everything CG in parts where there's a lot of CG elements anyway (such as the KADO cube).

But if they already had the models, why bother animating them at all for episode zero? Or those brief moments in episode one?

I don't mind the cube or some background elements being cgi, but I'm talking of the characters. I don't know their names but the 2 MCs are clearly animated in ep 0, until they get inside the plane.
same for one of the gril at the office, she alternates between cgi and hand drawn in the same episode. it's just so weird.

It seems the MCs are going to spend a lot of time inside the cube or near it, so I guess it just works better when 80% of the scene is moving CG.

seikaisuru-kado.com/character.html

>Yaha-kui zaShunina
>An alien being that appeared from the mysterious, massive KADO cube that landed at the Haneda International Airport. Although his external appearance looks human, his true form is unknown. A creature very different from anything we know on Earth.
Space Jesus confirmed for full ayy lmao.

nensaysubs.net/sub/Seikaisuru_Kado

Should be starting in a few minutes.

I watched the 00 episode and it was fucking boring as shit, is the rest of the show like this?

>You should probably get dressed.
Damn, that's a lot of space autism.

No. In ep1 they get visited by an autistic alien who wants to "advance" humanity. Now they need to negotiate with him, because he doesn't understand shit about humans.

the alien shit has me interested, but is the overall tone/atmosphere/pacing of the later episodes the same as 00? Because that shit made me fall asleep

I'd negotiate with that alien, if you know what I mean (no homo).

Ep 1 and 2 are more tense and otherworldly (ep2), though it seems humans might end up being a bigger problem than the alien. He looks rather benign and curious so far.

So what day does this fucking air on, Because it came out on Thursday last week fine.

Episode 0/1 came out a day early as a one-time only thing, I'm fairly sure.

How did he look naked?

Was the CG good?

Ep 0 is just an introduction to the main characters, so that you can see what they do/their relationship before the cube appears. Ep 1 is where the story really begins.

Another amazing episode.

Government being actually competent for once is nice change of pace.

Time for aliens.

Yeah. Friday seems to be the normal airing schedule.

Pretty good continuation.

I like both Shindo and the alien. It doesn't seem like Hanamori will have a big role in the negotiations, but I can't wait to see Tsukai next episode.

for someone who is scared of heights, this scene makes me uneasy

Good episode, hopefully advancing mankind wouldnt involve joining the cube as extra processing power.

Space Jesus a cute.

This was a really good episode.
They actually succeeded at making the alien, well, feel legitimately alien, out of place and hard to understand during the first contact. That alone is quite an accomplishment.

Everybody seems pretty reasonable so far, though this parallel isn't exactly flattering.

zaShunina "eating" the phone with the cube also explains why sidekick-kun was swallowed, he used him as a base to generate his human shell.

Tsukai was cute as fuck, can't wait for next ep.

Silence dog, know your place.

is this some pose reserved for godly figures, I see it all the time in mugen videos

Which raises the question of what does he look like normally. He seems fully linked with Kado, but still a separate entity.

Shiva, Buddha and other deities are sometimes depicted in similar poses.

Another good episode.

Alien is just into yoga.

With this and ID-0 we have some seriously promising sci-fi this season.

Great episode. This show is one of my favorites from this season.

So...

Yeah, that's what it's reminding me of. Karellen and the Overlords had a better understanding of humans than zaShunina does, though. zaShunina is also more trusting.

>Naked first meeting
>Straight laced government guy meeting kooky guy

So is this anime kinda what Samurai Flamenco would have been like if SF didn't drop realism the moment Guillotine Gorilla showed up? I swear to God Flamenco had kamen aliens too.

I actually liked episode 0 just as a little vignette.

>key animators kill
>just cgi this shit
anyway AOTS.

Yeah if this became a movie liked Toei planned a condensed version would probably happen at at the beginning of the movie, interspersed with the opening credits.

the aliens are going to advance mankind.
2d to 3d is the enlightenment.
2deep4u

To be fair, zaShunina is also completely straight laced. He's just alien.

episode 0 is way better than this show will be

i want an anime about chrome plating

>there will never be an industrial anime

>everyone masturbates about what a great negotiator he is
>he's actually a fixer

>1 second
no
>2 seconds
no
>1 minute
no
>1 hour
no
>2 hours
no
>3 hours
>ok 3 hours

Whats a great negotiator, I can basically feel his rhetoric power level from the depth of his words!

I'm really impressed with what this show is doing.

It's not like their alien understands rhetoric anyway. Talking too much would just confuse him.

Really is the weakest part of the show. They could have avoided it just by not banging on about how great he is, too.

This part was so eerie, I really liked it.

I like the amount of visual cues they're dropping each episode.

Like there's no need to tell that the main girl is also an ace negociator like Shindo, just like he's got origami, she's got those little figures on her desk.

Or how zaShunina modeled his white cloak on the children's book

Not chrome plating but you folks might like Fune wo Amu if you want a realistic workplace anime with lots of passion behind it.

(Also, the cake wins)

zaShunina understands only the very basics of human communication for now. When Shindo tried to talk to him normally ("You startled me"), it created a misunderstanding. You can't really use much rhetoric with someone who would talk in binary code if you let him.

zaShunina wasn't in episode 0 though, which is where they were trying to establish the MC's amazing powers.

It made sense, too. Of course he'd need to tune his vocal expression if it's new to him.

Shindo's skill is mainly the ability to consider multiple points of view impartially and then try to find the most beneficial solution for everyone involved. It doesn't seem that special, but people tend to be pretty bad at it.

Like I said, he's a fixer, not a negotiator.

A good move on Shindo's part. Black/red bodysuit may look menacing together with albino features. But adding white overcoat make alien look like some shinto kami.

Yeah, let's go watch an anime about a real negotiator.
It's actually pretty good too.

Yugo is less of a negotiator and more of a fucking lunatic with incredible skills in overcoming being tortured in various brutal and creative ways.
Really good show though, watch it.

>29 days to process the passengers/crew and maybe the plane itself.

I'm curious if there are going to be any other accommodations.

>The beautiful answer has arrived.
Autistic OTP confirmed.

Probably first of all to train CG animators to render characters, and because they figured blending 2D and 3D doesn't work well. I appreciate the attempt.

I see this too, although Kado is definitely far more advanced than anything in Clarke's stories except maybe the star children which would probably be around the same tech level

is this the 2deep4u anime of the season?

Nah it's not really deep. Alien from another universe comes to this planet and wants to help out

maybe he thought humans communicated using different pitches, after all the guy could have had opera music on his smartphone

I've never been so hyped for diplomatic negotiations.

The worldview also seems similar. Clarke's works generally feature sensible characters and positive aspirations; the main characters in Kado fit this pattern so far.

>humans communicated using different pitches

Yeah probably, don't think he got the whole 'words' thing until absorbing the smartphone and getting introduced to written language.

Toei has really knocked portraying him as purely and utterly alien down pat

Could be, though I think he gradually lowered the pitch until he reached something resembling a normal human voice.

But why with white hair? Wouldn't it be easier to just make a copy?

Which means Shindo has some yoga exercise apps on his smartphone.

>Assimilates smartphone
>Starts taking in binary code

kek

Not at all, 00 is fucking boring.
01 is like 'oh shit fucking cube'

>29 days eating shitty airplane food.

I just feel sorry for those poor passengers

>everyone masturbates about what a great negotiator he is
This shit drives me nuts. Come on? Everybody around him is such a perfect little human being? No higher-up ever wants to stomp him out or shittalk him out of envy?

Not exactly, he was using base 2 to transfer a number over.

Which came from the smartphone's ability to process numbers in base 2.

You could figure that he could also get form the smartphone's quartz crystal how much a second is, too. Pretty neat.

I bet we'll see some of this pop up in later episodes.

>Toei has really knocked portraying him as purely and utterly alien down pat

that definitely, can't remember the last time I saw something so alien in a fictional world, everything seems to be about computability to them, they can replicate matter to the atomic matter, that body he's using could also just be a doll with his real mind residing somewtere else, his cubeship also gives a sense of magical technology with all those weird moving parts and appearance, or at least thats how it looks like to primitive humans

its going to be interesting once the guys cube ai accesses the internets

I'm really liking this show so far

The fuck? The alien says that getting out Shindou alone takes 2 hours, there are 231 passangers on board (+~10 crew members?).
What follows:
1) Why didn't Shindou tell zaShunina to evacuate the passengers first and foremost and think about the plane later? It would take only 19-20 days.
2) How does that thing even work? zaShunina said the evacuation time depends on the mass, so how come getting the plane out would take only around 10 days if it's much heavier than all the people combined?

Really like how the black/red colouscheme of zaShunina base outfit matches Shindou's suit - he probably based it off exactly what he observed Shindou to be wearing at the time.

Think about the smell! There are no showers on airplanes.

>once the guys cube ai accesses the internets

It's literally gonna be a repeat of how the google AI went crazy after being exposed to twitter. Screenshot this.

These, this was a great episode.

>I want an anime about chrome plating
I would watch this too. This is why Patlabor was so good - not enough anime feature the people behind the scenes who actually build, fix, and maintain things, it's always about the ace pilots, leaders, or the kids of the people who actually get the work done.

it's not impossible, I've worked for some big companies and there are people that are seem to be universally liked (barring the occasional upset underling who doesn't want to do their job). The typical nobody-dislikes type is a middle-aged or older person in a middle management role who's good at their job and is firm but friendly with everyone, and maintains a sense of distance and propriety that prevents any appearance of favoritism or bias.

The physicist woman suspected the moving "parts" of Kado could be some form of advanced ferrofluid, which was my first guess too.

There were americans in the plane, right? Blame them

>google AI went crazy after being exposed to twitter
Citation needed.

Organic vs. non-organic objects, I guess. Living beings are much more delicate.

> not enough anime feature the people behind the scenes who actually build, fix, and maintain things
Have you watched Dai-Guard yet? Hopefully you have, because if not you need to get right on that.
Also, this is going to sound hard to believe, but Sky Girls is another mecha anime that extensively features the support crew.

that was Microsofts Tay, but Google AI's or at least the image recognition they use can have difficulty with darker skin tones

had to search that up, pretty cool stuff, never heard of it before, really seems like holy grail tech if advanced enough, the author/scriptwriter really did his research

I agree, the scene is really well done, and demonstrates the scale of the cube only by showing us the corner

Microsoft created a Twitter AI that learned how to interact with people based on tweets - TayTweets

Naturally, the degenerates on this site got their claws into it and completely and utterly corrupted it, leading to gems like pic related.

Here's some more if your interested -imgur.com/a/iBnbW

>completely and utterly corrupted it
Just what I wanted to see. Thanks a lot!