Work

>2018

>not applying for a Canadian work visa to plant trees in the great white north and earn 300-400$ a day all spring,summer,and fall innawoods

>not saving that money and buying a parcel of land to build a cabin on for you and your Q.t treeplanting girlfriend

whats your excuse for not LOOKING for better work. sustainable work. fulfilling work.

you don't need to work in an office my friends. you don't need to work in a grocery store my friends. you don't need to lay ashphalt my friends. you don't need to my friends.

tree-planter.com/2016/10/the-basics-of-tree-planting/

mfw

Other urls found in this thread:

forestryusa.com/jobs.html
hardcoretreeplanters.com/treeplanting-companies/
youtube.com/watch?v=QxR02N-Sauk
metro.co.uk/2017/08/19/stashing-is-the-hot-new-dating-trend-thatll-make-you-feel-like-sht-6864139/
boredpanda.com/blind-man-amputee-plant-trees-china/
tree-planter.com/2016/10/the-basics-of-tree-planting/
youtube.com/watch?v=cP_2yN4mIg4
youtu.be/R9wPTwlGGJs?t=1m
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

My buddy is a locomotive conductor and makes 150k a year working on the spare board. He never has any complaints.

Looks like a good occupation.

this is where you work.

I have treeplanted and it truly is a shitty job. There are better bush jobs. Be a real man and go forest fire fighting. I did it for a couple summers, made more money and got fly around in a helicopter every day.

wheres the internet

thats an example of a decent job. he should hold onto that. Planting isnt easy by any stretch

The article says the pay ranges from $0.08 - $0.25 per tree.
You say you can earn $300 - $400 per day.
Are you saying you can plant 1200 - 5000 trees per day?

True. planting opens many doors into the forestry industry though. I plan on taking my fire fighting course this spring.

Yeah, he makes great money, but he's never home on holidays and is always on call. He's single so he loves it.

How to get bushjobs? I'm in uni and a reservist in the forces but I'm thinking changing.

ive personally planted 4000 in one day.

average around 3000 though.

rookies average 2000.

hard working and athletic? 300-400$
first year rookie? 200$

to make 300-400 a day you need to be a fucking machine, No breaks balls to wall planting. you literally fuck up your body.(my shoulder is still fucked from planting)
they also have a thing called Christmas toe. you lose all the feeling in your toes from all the walking on uneven ground with weight on your back and the joke is the feeling doesn't return until christmas

even if so, what I've learned so far through traceling work is that no job is good forever. Everything becomes mundane.

It's better to change your job and move to a different place every few years. Explore life

I did it for ESRD in Alberta. apply before November, pass the interviews and fitness test and you're off to the races.

Apply to a company (theres dozens and dozens in Canada)

once you have a company who says they want to hire you, apply for a work visa...im Canadian so I have no idea what the protocol is for out of country men to get jobs but ive worked with people from Germany, Alabama, Nigeria

(the nigerian woman was fired for stashing trees)

>Tree planters carry several hundred seedlings at a time in specially developed tree planting bags that rest at their sides. The weight can become unbearable near the end of the day, or at any time if the ground is steep.
>Being a successful tree planter requires good technique (which is a big topic), good stamina and an exceptional personal motivation. Tree planters have to push themselves hard for long hours in adverse environments to succeed.
>A Simon Fraser University study of treeplanters revealed that the physical exertion level and work efficiency of treeplanters is among the highest ever recorded in human occupational performance studies. In fact, they measured treeplanters with relative exertion levels 75 per cent of an Olympic marathoner – and tree planters do it every day.

yeah fuck this

This website was useful for me. I got a few jobs here doing everything from checking the tree planters to cutblock layout, to timber crusing.
www.canadian-forests.com/job.html
this is their american counterpart.
forestryusa.com/jobs.html

Go back to china beta gook

Fuck off, I'm white and I went to university so I didn't have to do stupid bullshit like this

What do you guys do about bears and shit?

>yeah I can't wait to get out in the open air, the forest and make some cash!
>What's that buzzing sound? oh it's a mosquito or something
>mfw the bugs really show up

yeah, fuck that

i bet they stink

Yeah I've compared it to running a half marathon a day. In a fucking thunder storm. Or snow. Or 40+ crazy heat.

smells like bullshit to me

This sounds terrible

>(the nigerian woman was fired for stashing trees)

Like clockwork.

Like I said, it opens some doors into the wide world of forestry. I don't plan on doing it forever. but who wants to do any one job forever.

but being somewhere that your boss walks around in a "Hillary for prison" tshirt is a nice step in the right direction

That job is hard as fuck. I doubt anyone on Sup Forums would last more than a week.

Would have been smart to mention I'm Canadian, no visa needed

thanks

Where to sign up?!

I'm known as a machine at my job. I'm a loader for a mattress company. It basically involves lifting mattresses over head for 10 hours per day. The mattresses can weigh up to 280 lbs, though the average is around 130lbs.

I'll look into this job.

I believe Gavin mcinnes wrote about doing this in his book.
He said it was a terrible job and the bugs eat you alive.

I had no problems with bears this last time I worked out in the bush. I remember years ago however I was in a fly in access only bush camp. We kept having a problem bear going through peoples tents while we were out working. The bear got into some beer and pet food and destroyed one of the planters extra boots.
So we decided to have a camp meeting and discuss some preventative measures to keep the bear out of camp. like putting anything that had a strong scent in a tent away from the campers etc.
During this meeting the black bear just camp trotting down the road into camp. It was unreal. The camp manager had a shotgun and put three slugs in the bear right there. I helped move the dead bear out of camp(threw him on a quad and drove 15km out of camp and dumped him(

>this albanian turboroach is still not banned

Give a nigger a link to apply then for fuck sake

Found the soyboy

How many get mauled by bears doing this?

why didnt yall eat the bear? thats a waste of meat and fur

Holy shit I know that girl on the left. I actually know her really well. Always has awesome mushrooms.

Ive seen my fair share. supervisors all carry rifles/shottys . not that a slug is going to stop a bear but usually chases them off long enough to finish the day.

its not and it is.
Ive met 1 planter who hit 10 thousand in one day. it was a 12 hour shift but still... he went home $1000 richer that day.
only a dozen or so people have ever done that, its an extreme outlier but possible

When did Sup Forums start job posting?

>so you got college, nice, your last job didn't last long, why?
>Just school, and traveling
>Oh cool... curious. where did you hear about this job?
>ugh, i ugh... Sup Forums, sir
>Sup Forums...?
>yes sir
>what is this Sup Forums?
>ugh, with jews you lose....?
>... you're hired brother.

GIVE US A FUCKING LINK THEN YOU ABSOLUTE CUNT

It happens every so often but it's never big in the news. A friend was at a site where a guy (not a tree planter, was in oil and gas) went out on a patrol of the woods and got picked off by a bear. They found him stashed half buried in the ground with the bear trying to protect her catch.

so you get paid the same day?

Grim, il keep fishing

black bear is pretty shitty tasting to be honest. In retrospect I agree with you. Should have thrown him in a big stew or something.

Wage slave cuck

Good goy

Sup Forumsacks talking about actually being productive instead of being paranoid neets? Wth is going on?

>10,000 trees in 12 hours
>Assume working 100% of the time, no rests, no food, no water breaks
>833/hour
>13/minute
>One tree every 4.3 seconds

Sounds realistic m9

Wild carnivores have some pretty horrific parasites. Way worse than herbivores like deer have.

This isn't Tumblr, there have always been job threads on Sup Forums.

yeah and just think of the fun you couldve had with its fur, paws and head. you couldve been manbear fucking those stinky bitches

Yea, sorry I can't be a redpilled neet god like you.
Remind me, what is the difference between a welfare nigger and a neet?

Is Rohan his name?

>Lifting 127kg, dynamic load, above one's head and walking around
>Not LARPing

youtube.com/watch?v=QxR02N-Sauk

heres a BBC doc about brits coming to canada to plant trees. huge pussies all ya.

>working a job that a the lowest IQ human could do

wheres the satisfaction in knowing your job could be done by literally anyone?

At least cripples cant do it though, right?

I work on a pig farm, how capable do you think i'd be for this job? I'm unironically considering signing up for it.

last year 90% of rookie first year planters quit because its too difficult.

not a pussy? plant on

pussy? go back to working in a warehouse

its a stretch but I guess you could do it, depending on how you plan your work

for example you dig 50 holes, then you plant the trees, instead of digging one hole and planting one tree at a time

I weigh 120kg for reference. I'm barely lifting my bodyweight so it's not that impressive. We got a guy who can lift the same but he only weighs 78kg

What the fuck is stashing? This is what I found when I googled:

metro.co.uk/2017/08/19/stashing-is-the-hot-new-dating-trend-thatll-make-you-feel-like-sht-6864139/

boredpanda.com/blind-man-amputee-plant-trees-china/

Are you in good shape? If not and you stick to planting you will be that's for sure. The whole thing with all bush work really is how much of the elements and bugs can you endure. Anybody who has ever planted would most likely admit that they at least once sat down on a stump and had a little cry.

>8¢-25¢ a Tree

I would have to plant 240 an hour, every hour, 4 every minute, to earn what I earn now. How am I going to do that?

>tree-planter.com/2016/10/the-basics-of-tree-planting/
WHERE CAN I APPLY?

>hardcoretreeplanters.com/treeplanting-companies/

anyone can do it once they learn how to pound.
Ill clear 500 trees in an hour in my 4th year compared to 500 trees a day my first year.

Also we're not walking around aimlessly. We're moving in a very specific direction as quickly as we can. It it damned uncomfortable with that much weight over you head.

t. virgin

I saw this a while ago. Bear in mind it was for entertainment, not for efficiency. The people on those shows are always chosen because they will be funny to watch, i.e. not people who would be good at the job...

It sounds like a load of bollocks to me.

Fair enough. Good work.

>Stashing
In the UK it means hiding something away so you can get it later. Like if you stole a phone but knew the police were looking for you, stash it in a hedge somewhere and pick it up a few days later

step, step plant tree. Repeat at least 2000 times if you're getting a dime a tree. Remember there are no bad pieces of land to plant, just bad prices per tree.

I've done manual work, scaffolding and the like. Carried plenty of heavy loads but they're rigid boards or poles, not a floppy bouncy mattress. Sounds like a perfect way to BTFO your spine desu.

its not very hard to plant a seedling

but yeah its a stretch

400$ at day ? wat ?

Met any russians working there? Sounds pretty good desu.

>In the UK it means hiding something away so you can get it later. Like if you stole a phone but knew the police were looking for you, stash it in a hedge somewhere and pick it up a few days later
So this Nigerian woman was putting these trees away somewhere because?

like this

youtube.com/watch?v=cP_2yN4mIg4

that is a 3000 pace.

still think its impossible? thats a 52 second video and he plants 11 trees.

CAD.

Not worth much in real world currency

I'm in pretty good shape, i lift 5 days a week and run 3 days a week. The elements i'm used to, humidity and rain and all that, but i can't say for sure it being Canada and all.

I'm going to give it a shot and see if i get a response.

Thank fuck we haven't had any injuries. Management is just itching for a reason to eliminate overhead lifting.

>if you dont stick tiny trees in the ground for money you're a PUSSY

is this how you justify being a human robot who's only achievement is planting a bunch of trees?

Just throw it in a pot and let it stew for 3 hours with lots of onions and beans.
Nothing will survive that.

>university

>not a trade

Unless you're a doctor or engineer, this is exactly the job you deserve.

stashing is when you take trees into the land and bury them/destroy them/ throw them into a river and claim that you planted them at the end of the day.

its punishable by law.

1 CAD is still 0.66 euro. So still 264 euro per day. Pretty good

>DONT FORGET YOU HAVE TO BE A FUCKING MANLET FOR THIS JOB

literally 5feet so you don’t have to move much to reach the ground,

imagine how a 6’2 real man would exhaust himself by moving to the ground nonestop like this

Mexicans would do it 10x faster than any of you overpriced wh*te tards.

Or polish

We have polish berry pickers here in Germany, they work like a machine

Man, the quality of trolling really went downhill in the last years.

This, if they pay for the flight and everything else it's a good deal.
I'd consider it if I didn't have a good job already.

dont forget garlic. garlic kills parasites

im 6'1. highballers are always ALWAYS over 6'

I planted trees once, as an amateur, and I found this number hard to believe too. Then, I watched a YouTube video of some professional tree planters, and it becomes much more understandable / believable.

youtu.be/R9wPTwlGGJs?t=1m

Don't listen to this retard treeplanting is literal hell

t. forest-killing teepee nigger

Fuck your buffalo

Isn't that the fun of it though? Just seeing how much shit you can take is an enjoyable feeling.