youtube.com/watch?v=G0uGB5C56Uk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>eye cancer
No, I haven't.

>N-no. I don't think so
>*keeps walking*
>*credits roll*

this movie had too much crying

You can tell they spent the next several months fucking like rabbits without ever going of of their room.

Fucking someone other than him

Shinkai didn't shit on the whole romance aspect for once, let them be happy.

Mitsuha did with her new boyfriend after realizing that she had no chemistry with Taki.

seriously though how did she convince her dad to evacuate the town?

She didn't

She told him that the meteorite will split (which is also what she most likely told Teshi, which is why he acted all "look dad I told you this would happen" when it did). If you tell them of such an unlikely event and it actually ends up happening then people are very likely to believe you that the town is about to be blown up. Even if its unlikely. You just predicted an unlikely event so who would really question you? Kimi no na wa has way more illogical aspects than that.

She guessed that the commander would do a crazy ivan to the left at the bottom of the hour.
It was 50/50 really.

Fellatio

The comet was literally already split by the time she fell on the road. There's nothing much to do than to tell her dad to look out the window and tell everyone to run to the high school. Hence why some got injured.

Yeah, on Sup Forums.

how did they not realize the difference in years?

how did they get away with blowing up a transformer station?

the time difference really trips me up

Why didn't they just write their names and addresses in each other's phones?

Stop it. Kimi no na wa is a movie for the heart, not the brain. There are too many things that make no sense and they just pile up by the end of movie. The more you think about them, the more issues you will encounter. Especially since people will try to explain them away. We've been over this dozens of times in these threads already.

They would have known the second they looked at their phone too.

>is a movie for the heart
This is not an excuse for plot holes.

this, even just seeing the news or a date literally anywhere.
even like a different version of LINE.

Hello?
Is it me you're looking for?

sorry to say it, but she looked cuter as a high schooler with short hair.

She grew her hair because she subconsciously knew that Taki liked her long her.

It quite literally is. The goal of watching a film is to enjoy it. If you deliberately focus on an extraneous detail in order to negatively impact your enjoyment of the film then you're the mental equivalent to a person that jams their foot against the floorboard because they felt that their morning wasn't bad enough

There no point in going over all the flaws because people just pretend that they dont exist. Like I said, we've been over this dozens of times already. Kimi no na wa has a shit ton of issues, a shit ton of situations and actions that create a pretty big disconnect as soon as you put some thought into it. To some thats a massive issue (me for example), to others its irrelevant. Them not noticing the year is just the tip of the iceberg.

More subtle stuff is the train scene that is basically implying that adults will bodyblock a bunch of children who are yelling their names at eachother. Or the fact that Mitsuha returns to her village being frustrated, even though Taki having shown interest to her just 5 minutes earlier. The fact that there love only exists because of their bond, which they dont remember by the end, also completely invalidates the romantic plotline because if they cant remember having swapped bodies, they dont even have anything to love the other party for. It goes on and on and on so do yourself a favor and dont even start. I've been mad over the wasted potential ever since the first caprip got released.

>in order to negatively impact your enjoyment of the film
I'm not doing that though. I like the film, and the plot holes don't get in the way of my enjoyment, I just like discussing plot holes because they're fun to discuss.

Kimi no na was problem is that you dont even need to focus on finding these issues. They basically jump into your face while watching the movie for the second time (some of them even when you watch it for the first time, but its less likely because you might not realize them due to being too emotionally involved)

君の名前は

I don't know if it was all the memes but this didn't impact me as strong as I'd like it too.

Doujins when? There are depressingly few.

The comet had already split, plus lake itomori had been formed by a crater so it wouldn't be hard to convince him at that point.

BRAVO SHINKAI

Is this the Interstellar of anime?

damn it pretty much is

>body swapping
Nah it's a cheap imitation of Avatar.

Donnie Darko + Freaky Friday

Just got home from the theater after watching this a second time.

This fucking movie really stirs you up. You go through the whole range of emotion by the end of it, and the feelings stick with you. For some reason it feels kind of terrible. I thought watching the movie a second time would help but I feel even more confused and empty now.

vocaroo.com/i/s0Zk7ojY9bHb

I've only got a really bad headset mic but playing this theme on the accordion is very relaxing.

KISAMA WHAT'S YOUR KIMI NO NA WA?

Ya lol I felt up ur tiddies like 29 times lol

Yeah I loved the movie on my first watch, really choked me up at some parts. Im not one to usually just excuse plotholes or blatant flaws either. Im guessing theres no way Ill be able to ignore them a second time though

I feel you man.
Its because we will never be as complete and fulfilled as the two are watching two people we are watching.

They did. At least, they left their names and phone numbers. Remember when Taki tries calling Mitsuha but gets an out-of-service message?

But like the Mitsuha's journal entries in Taki's phone, I would imagine they would have just disappeared too. Mitsuha's address wouldn't have been all that useful anyway since her home is long gone in Taki's time.

Reeeeeee every fuckin anime has this shitty incomplete ending. A kiss would have been enough but nooo a fuckin ambiguous end is what the public deserver right huehuehue

The point isn't that you don't acknowledge the faults, it's that some of them seem like nitpicking and ignore the REAL issues, at least to me. Shit like the dates is kind of silly, I can't think of seeing anything that says 2017 outside of my PC for ages, and it's not like either are avid gamers. Besides, the whole dream aspect cleans a lot of that shit up.

>More subtle stuff is the train scene that is basically implying that adults will bodyblock a bunch of children who are yelling their names at eachother.
Have you BEEN on a train in Japan? I can tell you that it's not those adults who don't want to stop, it's the force of 500 people moving in unison. A train exit-enter is impossible to stop nearly just due to the momentum.

>Mitsuha returns to her village being frustrated, even though Taki having shown interest to her just 5 minutes earlier.
Gee, maybe it's the fact that he didn'tr emember her.

>The fact that there love only exists because of their bond, which they dont remember by the end, also completely invalidates the romantic plotline because if they cant remember having swapped bodies, they dont even have anything to love the other party for.
Well, that's kind of silly. To me it seems the movie was more about how they affect one anthers development by changing their environments. Taki does bold things as Mitsuha, which encourages Mitsuha to become bolder. Mitsuha is more lively and outgoing as Taki, and Taki sees the positive changes in his life from being more sensitive. By the end of the movie he's a lot meeker. The idea that they don't share any reason to love one another is silly. Not every romance has to show 50 minutes of platonic friendship, though I will admit I would've liked to see more body swap sequences.

I wouldn't say that invalidates anything, though. It was foreshadowed, too, in the train scene. They have memories of the emotions they felt, just not the events. And now they'll create all new memories.

>Kimi no na wa is a movie for the heart
lol

>Implying it was ambiguous
They fucked like rabbits in an ally somewhere near the stairs

the meteor took out the transformer station, so it turned out fine in the end I guess. That or the transformer station didn't have a city to power in the end so it wouldn't have made a difference if it was intact or not.

don't you fucking dare compare this movie to trash like Donnie Darko

I know man its just... i wanted to see it, just to get a little closure you know

Long her is the best!

>how did they get away with blowing up a transformer station?
The comet erased all the evidence.

what

It felt like a dream to both of them, so they weren't focused on all the details. Plus, Shinkai describes them as being frantic and not paying attention. I think he says in an interview that they were too preoccupied to piece things together.

youtube.com/watch?v=e3Ze62AL9r0

20 year old Mitsuha is cute!

Shitty ass montage movie.

How old is Okudera-senpai?

family

Mitsuha is a good girl.

Why is that initially, Tessie and Sayaka react to Mitsuha's hair at night right before the comet strikes, and then the second time around, they react in the day at school? Wouldn't they have seen it at school the first time around too?

Maybe mitsuha sat in her room all day because Taki-kun made her depressed

She must've stayed at home that day initially. I think she said so when she was talking to Tessie on the phone.

She spent the day at home in the "bad end" timeline (being heartbroken because she didn't understand why Taki didn't recognize her.)

Can we take a moment to recognize the lengths Teshi is willing to go for someone he loves?

>Notices Mitsuha starts acting strangely one morning, but more or less rolls with it
>Doesn't question her when she starts talking about a paranoid delusion that the town will be destroyed
>Doesn't hesitate to commit an act of terrorism when she asks him

On a rewatch, I noticed that he's blushing from the very first time he shows up on his bike.

Sayaka was lowkey best girl

>Besides, the whole dream aspect cleans a lot of that shit up.
You have to agree that it is a very inefficient handwave.
Both of them had extremely detailed and very clear dreams that they remebered clearly during the time they exchanged bodies.
And not knowing the year? Come on man.

I remember having dreams where everything made perfect sense, despite being bizarre and inconsistent. Whatever the case, you'll have to accept it with good faith. Matter as well ask why they waited in calling the other. It just never crossed their mind to do so.

they still could've written it down to let the other know

go go aoi yuuki

>Both of them had extremely detailed and very clear dreams that they remebered clearly during the time they exchanged bodies.
And yet Taki couldn't even remember the name of the town he was living in while bodyswapped, even on the day of the date, when there was no active memory loss happening.

A lot of the details of their body swap experiences they didn't remember when they went back. That is very clear by the nature of the notes they left behind, though their memory did appear to be improving over time.

>Matter as well ask why they waited in calling the other.
They tried early on but it wouldn't connect so they left memos in their phones instead.

Mitsuha tried when she got to Tokyo because she thought that maybe it would work then, but of course not.

And of course Taki didn't have the same phone number three years before.

It's pretty clearly typical dream memory issues. I've had detailed dreams, even narratively coherent ones, that I still can't remember all the pieces of even after writing them down immediately after waking. Part of the problem with dreams is your brain is incredibly good at pretending it has all the necessary pieces of something for it to make sense, even if they don't actually exist. In a dream, you often believe everything fits together without a second thought. In actuality, those pieces were never even there which is why you can notice it sometimes and jolt yourself out of it by realizing it's a dream. It's not just that your forgot, you literally never knew. You just skipped over that detail and kept on going as if everything that was needed was there.

The conflict here is that all the pieces actually were real, so the same thing doesn't really work. But it's going off that dream logic anyway.

So I guess the BD is released, huh?

youtube.com/watch?v=G0uGB5C56Uk

I cry everytime.

The characters or the audience?

ha ha no

Very unfunny, but is that interpolated to 50 fps?

>it's another "Sup Forums being tsundere toward Kimi no Na Wa" episode

>tfw no gf like mitsuha

Stats say it's 30 fps, but it does appear to be interpolated.

Fuck no. Why the fuck would you even think that?

君の縄。

I like to think that they started regaining their memories, or at least felt something significant, when they finally introduced themselves to each other.

Your post is precisely what I meant. People like you try very hard to "explain away the issues", being unable to understand that these issues create an insane level of disconnect to others.

>Have you BEEN on a train in Japan?
Probably more often than you so I know that what you're saying is a load of horse shit. This isnt Tokyo main station we are talking about where 500 people leave the train at once. Its some random ass station that has a few of them leave. I've seen in countless times that people simply brute force doors to stay open so that they could finish a conversation, and yes that was in Japan.

>maybe it's the fact that he didn'tr emember her
Which is still an overkill reaction since he responded and showed interest. Cutting off your hair for that, which is essentially marking a new part of your life, makes no sense wahtsoever.

>The idea that they don't share any reason to love one another is silly.
The reason for their love for each other was the change they underwent. If they can not recall that, then there are no actual feelings. If you wanna take the "love at first sight" route here then be my guest and do it. However, that doesnt change the fact that some people arent going to willingly ignore these issues as quickly as you do.

Kimi no na wa has countless of problems that have the potential to create a disconnect between movie and viewer. That doesnt mean its bad, but it sure as hell means that its way more flawed than the average viewer will admit.

>If they can not recall that, then there are no actual feelings
This is simply wrong. Actual amnesia sufferers tend to recall emotional attachments and skills even if they no longer recall the actual events that led to their creation. This is because the brain doesn't store all this information as memories in the same place.

Dreams work the same way. They often evoke an emotional response even when the dream itself has been forgotten or never even had an actual memory in the first place. The brain is the emotional organ of the body, creating emotional responses it what is does. This is what the movie hinges the epilogue on: emotions that linger long after the memories that created them have faded.

>countless of problems
It's got a few, the impact of which heavily varies between posters.

They were dreaming. They literally state that part of the reason they start writing things down is because they have a hard time remembering things when they switch back and forth.

>Which is still an overkill reaction
Have you ever been in love?

Would've loved this movie only if it wasn't for the body swapping.

Only without the betraying your humanity for green shit and blue pussy

I'm kind of surprised you ended up seeing it, since that was how it was pitched in the first place.

I didn't notice the bondage at first and thought this was a Takagi-san cosplay

Then you won't love it to begin with because it will be a completely different film.

>you will never get to masterbate with mitsuhas body

>even thinking about lewding the pure miko

Apply yourself.

>The fact that there love only exists because of their bond, which they dont remember by the end, also completely invalidates the romantic plotline because if they cant remember having swapped bodies, they dont even have anything to love the other party for.

But that's the whole point of the movie you idiot: everyone has a person dear to them they have yet to know, but that encounter will happen eventually!
The viewer observes the hardships Taki and Mitsuha have endured before finally meeting. It is important to notice the quest given to them by the shinto divinity prevent a catrastophe from happening, but it's not what causes them to find each other years later in Tokyo: linked by the red string of fate, the power of their love lead them back together, and that is another mysterious mechanism of fate you get a glimpse of.
The fact that they don't remember anything that happened other than having the strange sensation of it being destiny's work is something you can relate to: every important encounter in your life hides a miracle!
That's a very joyous and positive message, it fills you with will to live, knowing there is an hidden meaning behind everything that you have yet to discover.

It is such a sorry situation that you couldn't enjoy the movie because of your autistic obsession on finding everything that might be a plot hole just to shit on the movie, not even trying to link the pieces back together.

>the train scene [...]
you don't know how is it to cath a train in Japan and it shows your lack of culture

>how did they not realize the difference in years?
Have you ever dreamed? Do you know that your rational side is sleeping and that's the reason the you inside the dream doesn't realize it is one even with all the strange shit happening around him? And that if you figure out it's a dream you wake up immediately? (just like what happened when the granda told him he was dreaming)

Add in some The Lake House and you're good.

Was that supposed to be original ending or something? I hope they include this shit in the BD.