Why are kids allowed and encouraged to use the internet freely?

Why are kids allowed and encouraged to use the internet freely?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PX79tJkya5E
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

So they can be groomed, silly.

Because the parents are ignorant

I remember during the late 1990s to mid 2000s, internet usage for me and other kids I knew at the time was typically rather limited, until one got a little older. By 2004, I got my own personal computer, no longer using just the parents'. I think good, efficient parents would do well to understand that internet access should be monitored and limited to a certain extent, until a coming of age, and with it more independence. I am under the impression that degenerative behavior could arise more easily, if it is the other way around.

>Age 6 Reader Rabbit
>Age 7 AOL games
>Age 8 lego.com
>Age 9 stickdeath.com
>Age 10 Funnyjunk and Newgrounds
>Age 11 Lemonparty.com
>Age 12 twoguysonehorse and Encyclopedia Dramatica
>Age 13 Sup Forums

Bad parenting. Kids should not be allowed to use the internet at all until they are at least 12. And even then, with strong restrictions.

Television was even more destructive.

Can't see a guy get his colon perforated by a horse on tv.

hnnnnnnnngggggg asukaaaa

Yet

Russian women truly are the best.

Mine isn't

who's the cutie?

Is that the zone TV lass?

Better than controlled tv that’s for damn sure.

Because they'll grow old in the same world you live in. So, better they know with what they're dealing.

Because their parents weren't raised in it.

youtube.com/watch?v=PX79tJkya5E

>(((1)))
You know the easiest way to tell if it's a slide thread newfags?

When the OP posts some bullshit "why does X???" then never responds again.

>Fuck AOL
>Age 11 IRC
>Age 12 Goatse
>Age 13 Totse
>Age 17 Sup Forums
Ftfy, other than that, it's about dead on.

It's become the new babysitter, much like how the TV is and was treated. I see so many videos of weird shit that kids do with the phones their parents give them. It's bothering, really. Unsupervised children just trying to get internet fame.

WE NEED THEM TO GOOGLE AND WIKIPEDIA THINGS SO THEY CAN BE SMARTER THAN THEIR PARENTS

I got own internet in 2007. Up to then we had to use the library or internet cafes. And I am thankfully I was in an more mature age when I got this freedom cause I see how young folks expose themself to the world.