So

So...

Anything happen to your internet yet?

My ISP DNS servers were fucky earlier

Fuck you, doofus

No

Now I get charged $0.01 a shitpost

Increased girth.

OP's mother will die in her sleep tonight.

Nothing

Just as expected

>Anything happen to your internet yet?
monthly fee went down and they increased by speed from 4mb down to 16mb down.

No, just like 2014.

but what about length?

literally this
for example all those meme images where they show the "+10$ for Sup Forums package" are pure bullshit
if veriozon starts to block websites and charge extra people will just switch to a different provider
its expensive enough already
nothing will change. mayeb the websites will load 10% slower, but you will not even notice it faggot

See what happens when you don't cave to shitlibs demands?

it still hasn't gone through congress yet

The only performance hits I've seen are directly attributable to the Intel Meltdown bug.

I noticed captcha was fucked for several days

There's lots of places that don't have options

Hello
Nothing has changed yet. Rules were voted to be changed but have not been changed yet. That's happening in, what, 40ish days?

We're only interested in getting more money out of Netflix.
If those assholes can burn 8 billion dollars making shows and films that mostly fail, they can pay the ISPs a bit more so we actually can build some liquidity

t. ISP user

And my captchas are always some mongrel language gibberish.

Hate that shit.

i dont understand what you mean bro.
care to explain?
you mean like some places dont have multiple internet prividers or something else?

doesnt matter
NN didnt even do anything they said it did
it was about big silicone tech companies not wanting to pay for their huge amount of bandwidth and it would also have made the president own the internet for the next 8 years

>just switch to a different provider
often times only possible if you move to a different part of the country

>being this naive
You for one second think Comcast isn't gonna fuck you over, rn its a very volatile topic wait a few months, your president got off free for submitting fake birth certificates

>90+ percent profit
>billions of dollors in tax cuts
>le poor isp
Where can i get paid to shill?

My blacked stream started buffering half way through the clip for the first time ever and I lost my boner all thanks to this scum bag!

ohh i see what you mean.
i only been in USA for 4 years.
sorry if im not familiar with how the things work, i live in a big city. (hate it becouse spics and nogs)
my bad
have a good day sir.

WHEN DOES IT TAKE EFFECT

I dont think you know how competition works for corporations.

I had to pay 1 Israeli shekel to post this.

It doesn't have to go through Congress... The FCC just needs to finalize the draft and issue their official policy directives. They set a 60 or 90 day timeframe for that process... It's not important to me because I'm in the ops side but I have many friends and I can tell you that there are no planned changes to any services.

I just know that there will be an inevitable renegotiation with many of the major content providers.
As there should be.

Google and Netflix and the "internet association" should be paying for the majority of the internet.
Instead they pass that burden onto you, the consumers...

ISPs are still at the mercy of the market and can't charge consumers enough to cover what "big data" refuses to pay.

Netflix just jacked up their prices... They're hoping to spend 10 or 12 billion on garbage television this year. I'd like them to spend 4 billion paying their damn net bills.

Give it a year or so.

It like saying Obamacare was good in 2010 cause nothing happened yet.

>pooloo pretending he doesn't know where to get paid to shill.
Fuck off pradeep
Venkatarajashekar here is just worried that his shitty call center will be closed if American ISPs stock is ever non-toxic

haha
look at this idiot
he doesnt know what Net Neutrality is!
haha!

Something like 80% of Americans have more than 2 ISPs serving them

speed doubled and price dropped 35 bucks. I'm not even joking

had to restart my router earlier thanks alot

Comcast boosted my download from 30 to 70.

user please i just want you to Charge 20$ for Sup Forums so that
all American are off this board, my country already has net neutrality

netflix is gonna get the inside track so they're fighting net neutrality in court cuz they dont wanna benefit from it you nazi hitlers just don't get it

Went down two bucks a month, but is still shitty. (AT&T)

nope nothing

CHECKED NN FAGS BTFO

The only insider information I'll leak here is that we started planning decom of some hundred or so "gov" servers.

Very few people are allowed to know any details of any of those platforms but the rumor is that we don't have to run them anymore due to net neutrality's impending repeal.

My down speeds have increased from 20 mbps to 30+ mbps

Broke by February

And if you were actually a technical person you'd know how infeasible it would be to bundle specific websites.

>QoS without reencapsulsting the packets at layer 3 with QoS headers
Yeah ok let's just do packet inspection at the backbone.
I have an idea! Let's ban encryption so we can charge people an extra fee

nope

They cancelled my fucking gorilla channel.

Anti-science Republican have gone to far!

Sup Forums won't be charged sepreately it would just be a website in the enthusiast category, and secondly they are already planning to do that tge EMF had their panties in a buch of over this

they could have done this ever since the internet was made
please fuck off nigger
you dont know of what you speak
like most niggers

The idea that certain websites would have fast lanes and others would have slow lanes is technically illiterate.
That's how the internet works. There's absolutely no way to guarantee one website would have equal reach. You hook your server up to whatever connection you can.
Once it hits the backbone, it's routed at layer 2, we have absolutely no way of metering traffic from one source or another... To do so would cost far more in processor power than we could possibly hope to ever extort from the consumers. Assume ISPs are absolutely Satan and it still doesn't make sense to do something like that.

And if we ever did implement the capability to "slowlane" shit, you'd instantly know due to the added 1000ms latency.
Using any technique I can think of, anyway...

Net neutrality never protected against QoS headers (which financial institutions use in their networks to ensure their data syncs up properly, kinda like another way to solve the problem that blockchains solve) and DiffServ protocols.
If you're using a DiffServ protocol, as I understand it, you're opting into a slowlane... I know of no way to take http packets and convert them into some other protocol in anything close to real time.... It would also require collusion with software, browsers etc... Unless you morons think the big Satan ISP is going to set up Palo Alto devices at consumer endpoints... Yeah, seems like a smart investment to me!

You do realize Portugal already has slow and fast lanes right? We had a period when we had slow and fast lanes, my flag should tell you i already know your arguments but i honestly don't care cause my country isn't involved i just want American off this board which will happen today or in few months a

I saw the same proposals you probably did... Except I sit in a boardroom that would actually have those slides presented. You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Some spitball idea some idiots had in 2010 when Netflix and YouTube just BTFO the great Satan ISPs in court for the 2nd time does not equate to any actual planning.

You can't even figure out how to use a toilet and you're trying to tell me how the internet works

Really activates my almonds

Portugal, you mean the place in the EU that has net neutrality?

Also you're seeing a propaganda meme for the data exclusions packages some PHONE CARRIER offered.

All of the services they offer to be excluded from the data caps are excluded exclusively if you use their respective phone app. This is because those phone apps pass a cert to the carrier and encapsulate the packets with a particular header that differentiates the traffic so that it can be excluded from the bill.

You're out of your element, deepak

Yeah! Go do your homework on that stupid propaganda image and you'll find that it's exactly as I say it is in

Is it possible that two or more will collude to change their policies at the same time? Like back when ATT and Verizon both went from Unlimited Data to tiered data caps at the same time and same price point.

Nothing has changed, other than the fact that I'm comforted by the fact that the Feds can no longer seize telecommunication infrastructure because they don't like the information relayed on said infrastructure. Anyone who thinks that's just fear mongering is living in a bubble, because the last Federal book burning was only about 5 years ago.

Shells my pistachios when people regurgitate propaganda and have absolutely no background.
I feel like doctors probably feel like when I talk to them about vaccines.
Except I'm not an arrogant piece of shit emboldened by a relentless propaganda campaign.

China has mass censorship of their internet, I guess that means we're going to get the same thing here in the US any day now, huh?

Or maybe one outlier country doing stupid shit to their internet doesn't really mean anything.

user please I've experienced this in my country and I know how it works, with the new web standard it's completely possible, let me ask you the question that will make you stop replying, WHAT HAPPENED TO THE BILLIONS OR DOLLORS OF TAX CUTS THE ISPS RECEIVED TO UPGRADE TO FIBER, WHY WERE THOSE NODE SATURATED, WHERE IS THE INFRASTRUCTURE

its funny watching these retards think they know what NN is
lol

Read the image in the sticky

That would be a violation of antitrust laws.
Funny... Title II carriers aren't beholden to antitrust laws.......
(Meaning net neutrality would have enabled ISPs to collude.)

dang ol' talkin bout' gotdang no one spying on me dang ol' we all losing our rights here man
got'cher gotdang mouth down here jawin'

>Wants 'American' off board
>American website

Don't you have a street to go shit on, Pajeet?

So, when the data caps for both ATT and Verizon were changed within a year of each other, it was concluded that they did not collude?

If I'm using fallacy, so are you my poo friend.

Just because one country did something, doesn't mean the US is going to.

The way China does it, they blacklist gigantic ranges of IPs. It's easily circumvented, however, and their Great Firewall barely works due to the nature of ipv6 and dynamic DNS...
So if you're in China and you want to access American content that was banned, if you try, you just might slip right thru, and if you can't slip through, if you have half an idea how to get shit done online, you can jump the gate with no issues.

I have Spectrum, they upgraded my speed to 100mbps, same price. I still shitpost and download Mongolian flipbook animations, just faster. What was net neutrality even doing?

My ISP has been blocking Torrents and access to streaming websites since the decision.

why the fuck would Verizon even give a shit if you go on Sup Forums to begin with
People on this site were being really fucking retarded just like back in 2015 when this garbage was put in place.

THIS

For example, when the Arab spring shit went down and the Egyptian government "shut down the internet," it was hours before Egyptians were back online and within a few days, it was widespread, they are all back online.

China is only partially successful in their internet censorship due to their brutality.
You can be executed for that shit in China.

FCC is getting sued by the states.

All major US ISPs are publicly traded.
Since you probably know less about business and finance than you do about the internet, let me explain how that works...

You repeating the same propaganda hogwash about the ISPs getting paid some mystical amount of money is equivalent to you accusing them of basically embezzlement...
Also, as a guy who's done national ops for decades, yeah, almost every American has access to high speed internet.
The infrastructure is constantly being built and rebuilt. I now have 1gbps up and down to my house. I saw a new 10gbps backbone get laid in the last 5 years.

You think you're going to stump me with all this retarded propaganda when I've been working for ISPs for decades.

I'm not a shill, I'm an engineer turn "architect" turn "director"

How should I know?
I'm on the ISP side, not the phone carrier side. But, I had a phone at the time, too. Att always had a data cap, singular didn't. When att bought singular, they eventually phased the unlimited plan out

>consumer wallet rape
>make it obvious
it's clear why you're not a champion of industry

Bullshit.

And the FCC is suing states, mostly townships and municipalities... Read up on the broadband development board

The mug just got 10000000x bigger.

Use OpenDNS.

they raised my internet speed for free

States aren't giving up anyway till they slam FCC ass.

ANY DAY NOW THEY'RE GONNA THROTTLE IT, THEN YOU FASCISTS WILL SEE!

>You will not even notice it

Yeah but that's how it starts. Slow degradation of internet speed until you feel it's time to upgrade, Then you just fall prey to it.

Doubt.
I had way more problems torrenting under Obama era NN.

>The FCC wants to give up some of their powers
>The States are going to stop the federal agency from releasing their authority
How do you think those proceedings will go?
I bet a lot of politicians will talk about it while trying to get elected

MASTER
CONTROL
PROGRAM

Le I had to le pay 200 bucks that I got from Soros to le get on le Reedit today. It was a le le le bad morning. I didn't even have any le soy milk to put in my fair trade organic coffee either. Thanks Trump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then this would give incentives for other providers to branch out to places with limited options.

Comcast just bumped my speed from 100 to 150 for free. Not sure why

We have always done free upgrades when we upgrade our shit.

nope. shitty DSL is still shitty.

t. ruralfag

Yup

ISP decided to stop providing dailup in my area, now I am forced to shitpost telepathically

7 Gorrillion died rose from the dead and then the tax cuts killed them again