Kimi no Na wa / Your Name

Watch it in theaters while you still can.

BDs will not come out until October 30.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=e3Ze62AL9r0
youtube.com/watch?v=tJBt2V5-Q-E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

that could be a placeholder date...

>theater showing until next thursday
might take a rewatch monday

Is this the face of someone who'd give her virginity to anyone other than her soulmate? I think not.

>Mitsuha

I watch it at a different theater every time.

Really gets my old almond sendin electric signals

I just finished rewatching it. I got jewed though, got told on the site that it was subbed, was dubbed. Wasn't exactly bad but didn't have the emotional impact it would have had in Japanese. Though I at least now know what the dub's like, so I don't have to watch it again later.

That said, this being my first Shinkai movie, what else should I watch to fill the void?

So I'm guessing the reason they scrapped 20-year-old Mitsuha is to prevent the issue of having 2 Mitsuhas in one scene (The one in Taki's body and the one waiting for him).

I mean, imagine if 20-year-old Mitsuha finally meets 17-year-old Taki, but it was actually Mitsuha inside him? Weird.

is there a source for that image user?

MV version of Sparkle.

youtube.com/watch?v=e3Ze62AL9r0

nothing will quite fill the void, not even his other stuff, it isn't as good, but 5 cm/s & Garden of Words are his best regarded works

It's also
>less dramatic
>20 Year old Mitsuha has short hair despite the fact that Taki likes longer hair on Mitsuha
>20 year old Mitsuha looks younger than 17 year old Mitsuha

>That said, this being my first Shinkai movie, what else should I watch to fill the void?
You fucked up. This was the movie that closed the voids of his previous works.

Why was this scene so perfect?

Rarest Mitsuha is Cutest Mitsuha

I accidently saw the dub today, it was alright I guess

the little sister wasn't as funny tho

Just watched it in a theatre. It was raining outside...

I also feel that 25-year-old Mitsuha works better as an ending because it shows that they moved on with their lives while still searching and waiting for each other. If it turns out that 17-year-old Taki returned back to Tokyo and quickly walked across 20-year-old-Mitsuha, it would have unsettling and somewhat cheap.

Can't wait for collection of Your wallpaper. just like Garden of Wallpapers rar few years go

>Cutest Mitsuha

That's not yellow-vest Mitsuha.

>last week to watch it in theaters

I hope that no one who hasn't seen the movie stumbles across this MV. Spoils some of the best parts of the movie.

>absolutely no screenings left in my uni town

I made a huge mistake not returning back home this weekend.

>Rarest Mitsuha

I haven't seen the movie and I watched the MV.
Read the book already though.

In the same situation, felt a little ripped off. KIlled the wordplay in a lot of scenes, and as you said lessened the emotional side. That aside, felt nice to hear the collective groans as everyone realized it was a dub

At least you got to see it. I feel bad for anyone who will not get to see this on the big screen for whatever reason.

And you haven't seen it yet because ...?

>kimo no face when still no BD

I want to listen to Sparkle again though it might break the streak of not watching Your Name for at least a year before watching it again
wat do?

>fill the void
Do nothing. You're in honeymoon period with this movie. Just let the time heal you.
t. 20 times rewatcher

You're just listening to it though, not watching the MV. Just do it, man.

>mitsuha ended with short hair in taki's timeline
>taki grew up in mitsuha's timeline
KINO

>tfw you've listened to the soundtrack so many times you're now sick of it
Fuck.

Because I wasn't going to go to a theatre in Japan alone to watch it. That would be silly.

>mfw i listen to nandemonaiya on youtube for the first time and realize i have heard this song a thousand times already
Thanks Japanese radio and stores.

>君の名は
>君の縄

She's so perfect.

>tfw no Mitsuha after Wendsday

Finally caught it in theaters for the first time today, subbed. Will have to make a return trip to see how the dub is before it stops showing.

Watch everything else he's done.

Since you started with the best, work your way back chronologically.

Hell yeah. Though I will say that outside of a few scenes, this has been the first Shinkai film where I've actually not noticed the backgrounds as much because of what's happening in the foreground.

It was a nice change.

>Getting sick of Nandemonaiya or Sparkle

Thanks for the phone wallpaper senpai

>"Hey dumbass, what are you looking at?"

How would you respond?

i love you

N-NOTHING

>Never saw her feet
I want to know if the manga is canon

Imagine having to write those intricate Chinese characters in the last couple of seconds before youre waifu disappears.

I must say, watching this in theaters after seeing the rip alone had its own touch, because everyone was pissing themselves in laughter. It made me happy seeing people enjoy themselves.

MAN HANDS
MAN HANDS
MAN HANDS

You

>not even Sup Forums is contrarian enough to hate this movie with me
Fuck, I feel all alone now.

Give it a few weeks.

dont worry there is always a few anons in every thread that like to let us know that we have shit taste

We needed more Mitsuru being bullied tbhdesu

I didn't like it in theater. While trying not to disturb others, movie skipped through to the end and I felt nothing. And sound was too loud.
I liked watching it in 480p 3 months ago and had been waiting to watch it in theater everyday.

I bet Taki (Mitsuha) tried to suck her own dick

Funny isn't it? Back before a majority of the board had a chance to watch it, either in theaters or the rips, they were shitposting about it breaking all those records.

Now that most of the people in these threads have had a chance to see it, they recognize it's a really good movie, aside from a few militant shitposters who probably lost the ability to enjoy any form of entertainment years ago.

>caring about other people's opinions

It takes like one second to write すきだ.
Even みつは or 三葉 wouldn't be that bad. Most Japanese have shitty handwriting to make up for speed anyway.

>tfw no gf like mitsuha

Watched it for the first time in theaters today.

If it was actually possible, I think I would go watch it again everyday until its stops being shown in theaters. I came in not really expecting much, was really blown away with how good it was. Just need to watch 5 cm/s now.

I meant the actual Chinese characters that were added.

I'm in no rush to watch a shitty gateway anime for gaijin

I honestly have no idea how people can do anything but cringe at how obvious and contrived almost everything in the movie is, and definitely don't agree that it's a good movie. I haven't shitposted it beyond that one post about feeling lonely in my hatred though.
It's a shame because I've liked some of Shinkai's other works, too.

5cm is pretty highly overrated. Several of his other films are better, both from a story and a technical standpoint.

Your Name > Children Who Chase Lost Voices > Beyond the Clouds > Garden of Words > 5cm

2/10 apply yourself

saw it last night at ward in honolulu
i was able to avoid seeing what the actual movie was about so i went in with a completely clueless view on the movie
it was alright, animation and sound were great, but the plot and character development felt rushed and not fully fleshed out
also, fuck you people who joined in on clapping at the end of the movie

It really needs a second viewing, you really should find time to.

>but the plot and character development felt rushed and not fully fleshed out
A lot of that is just not paying attention to detail. There's a lot of little character tidbits you don't notice unless you're really observant, or rewatching.

I think for how short the movie was, they jammed a considerable amount of characterization in. The amount of body language they animated is something I haven't really seen in many other anime.

>clapping at the end
Thank fuck the early morning matinee I saw it at was only about half full, and nobody did that cringey shit.

You could tell ~75% of the crowd were properly suppressing their powerlevel.

>felt rushed and not fully fleshed out
The fuck do you expect from 105 minutes? Given the time constraints of the medium, I thought they did a great job with the (few) montages showing time passing and the development of the story.

Voices of a distant star.

>body language they animated
This. By far the most impressive improvement Shinkai has made since Garden of Feet was in the really dynamic character motion. There's always little movements and motions in every scene that add a ton of detail.

Really looking forward to whatever he does next.

>The fuck do you expect from 105 minutes?
youtube.com/watch?v=tJBt2V5-Q-E
Are you really implying you need more than 105 minutes to tell Kimi no Na Ha's shitty story? There are thousands of fantastic movies that are shorter than that.

Don't belittle 5cm so much.
The artwork and direction were top notch. The story wasn't satisfying but that was on purpose. It wasn't like he did a poor job of telling what would have been a good story. The story was always going to be unsatisfying and he did a good job of telling it.

Post Taki and Mitsuha kissing please

i know, but because of that i didnt feel emotionally involved at the end
i was just pissed because i saw all 3 kizu's in theaters and no one ever clapped at the end, and no one sperged out either.
it's just weird because kimi no wa was filled with normies while pretty much everyone in kizu was openly weeb

They are NOT for lewding!

because it's made for normies

it's the new ghibli

how about taki fondling her breasts?

although cute, i thought it was a pretty weak scene dialog wise, unless you are referring to the moment before the talking with the background lake(s) which was indeed perfect.

does your elitism make you feel better about yourself

Voices of Distant Star and 5cm p/s are pretty close to Kimi Na Wa in theme. Yet, Kimi Na Wa is a far better version of 5cm p/s.

>artwork and direction were top notch
You can't really use that as a positive argument for 5cm, when it's a consistent feature of everything he's done.

Or are you actually trying to argue that the story and presentation in 5cm was better than, say, Beyond the Clouds?

The monogatari franchise is very much targeted explicitly to a weeb/otaku audience compared to Shinkai's stuff. That really shouldn't be surprising.

You say "the new ghibli" like it's a bad thing.

i didn't ask for those feels....

im just saying that the weebs actually handled themselves like civilized adults while the normal folk act like a bunch of children.
maybe the weebs in hawaii are just of a different breed

I like furiko as much as the next guy, but there's a difference between making a caricature and trying some semblance of realism. Abstraction, emotion, and detail are all things you have to balance.

I'll defend Kimi no Na Wa's characterization to any end. In the thousands of anime I've seen few if any match the amount of depth these characters are given in the first half of the movie. Mitsuha more than Taki, but he gets his focus later on. Everything from her posture, to the way she walks, to the Rice fetish scene and the way her eyes dart for a second before focusing again. For a body-swap movie, having such recognizable gestures is even more important due to the fact that you're going to be watching characters outside their bodies.

I mean, for any movie people get involved in different rates. I got far more involved than usual, more involved than any movie has ever made me, and I've seen my fair share. More than 90% of Sup Forums. I can relate to the empty feeling and the sense of being unfulfilled, and watching the characters made me long for that kind of connection.

Honestly, watch it again. There's a lot of subtle foreshadowing that people miss out the first time. I honestly don't know how people can lack any involvement in the film, with such concentrated characterization. But even if you personally are just broken somehow, you can at least appreciate the craft and the effort they put in to make the characters motion part of their character design. Reminds me of TokiKake, but with far more interesting protagonists.

And Honestly, Kizu sucked. I loved the original Bake, not so much the sequels, due to Oishi. But now that he's back directing Kizu it's these amazing Oishi scenes with extremely dull pacing issues and dragged out sequences, seemingly just to pad the movie. It's like nuggets of gold in a river of refuse.

>take the gf to the movie
>about 10 people in my theater
>all couples
>except one father and son
>dad trying his best to understand his weeb son
>goes full black during the movie
>"aww hell naw!"
>"da faq?!"
>the "I love you" scene happens
>black dad let's out a big "pffffft"

All and all didn't ruin our experience. Enjoyed the movie. Maybe we'll try and catch a second viewing.

Which theater did they put it in at Ward? I presume one of the tiny ones by this point.

I don't live in HI anymore but I still consider it home. Curious as to how it's doing there.

How many times have you seen it in cinemas already? 4 times here, considering a 5th.

How old is Okudera-senpai?

>>black dad let's out a big "pffffft"

Was that a positive, negative, or of relief?

5; I think I'll leave it at that, a nice round number.

>Or are you actually trying to argue that the story and presentation in 5cm was better than, say, Beyond the Clouds?
The voice actors in Beyond the Clouds were really quite weak in comparison to 5cm.
Beyond the Clouds certainly had a more satisfying story than 5cm but that doesn't take away from the improved directing from Shinkai in 5cm.

flatulence, so I guess relief

do breasts become bigger when you fondle them enough

I think it was more to the tone of "pfft yeah whatever" because he had a good chuckle after.

Twice, considering a third if it's still running and I have the time.

Some stretch marks might occur, which will really ruin them far worse than growing.