Has animu ever influenced your real life? Aria made me want to go to Venice...

Has animu ever influenced your real life? Aria made me want to go to Venice, many Sup Forumsnons say it's a tourist trap though

Other urls found in this thread:

dokidokivisual.imgur.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Venice is obviously overrun by tourists, but there are probably times during the year when it's bareable.
I still haven't gone there but I'm planning to.

It also smells like shit

I developed a taste for natto due to anime

This.

Horrendous amounts of money for shit food while surrounded by 100,000 old tourists that add to the already ass smell of the place. I'll never understand the appeal of traveling to a city as a vacation.

Yes it made me lose my job because my boss caught me watching gurren lagann.

I have the same.
I went there in summer.
It was okay. Too hot and many tourists, but in the gondola we went to quieter parts and it was quite nice.
Don't expect cute girls rowing, though.

Even without the tourists, Venice is just underwhelming all around. The city is small and cramped, the canals are dirty, most buildings are peeling and really need to be renovated and so on.

I had no interest in travelling to Japan to watch the 2019 Rugby World Cup but now I do.

Lots of SoL anime made me want to travel Japan

Cities are often the centers of art and culture in whatever country you're going to. If you're a fan of museums and art, going to foreign cities is how you make the most of your time.

If someone loves musicals then they absolutely need to go to Broadway, art and history people should never skip the Louvre, and if you're looking for Renaissance architecture, all of the major Italian cities should be at the top of your list.

How is "making you want to go to Venice" a direct influence on your life you fucking retard

GitS and Psycho Pass had me looking further into AI theory and transhumanism, to the point where I decided to focus my college/career path on AI research.

You forgot where you are lad?

He hadn't even considered doing a thing.
He watched an anime.
Then he wanted to do a thing, specifically because it was in the anime.

Are you actually retarded or are you just a contrarian piece of shit?

Everything has an influence over your existence, you stupid animal. That's why when you speak about what influences you, you're supposed to filter out the stupid shit that has a minimum effect over your life over stuff that has more impact.
I watched Your Name the other day and I thought how cool it would be to watch a meteor falling through the skies. Does it mean it influenced my life you underage piece of shit?

I watched Initial D 1st stage and it made me want to buy a car and drift down Japanese mountain roads. I have taken literally ZERO steps towards completing that desire.

Has anime ever influenced your life too?

go home to reddit please

I've been in this board since before you grew pubes. Get back to your animesuki/MAL forums.
Thank you.

Please, continue to oldfag so everyone else knows exactly what not to do.

might be silly in retrospect but many things influence people during adolescent years

Just ignore him, he's having a sperg attack

I learned how to breathe the right way while running. Does it count?

Same here, but I don't even have a manual.

Dude my man. I've been to Venice and mainly because of Aria too.

There are some magical moments but tourists are fucking everywhere. Then after 10pm everything goes silent.

Don't go for more than 4 days, nothing much else to see.

I started figure skating because of homos on ice and I'm actually taking it quite seriously. I also picked up ballet again to supplement my skating.

I can see myself doing this for a long time, I've been obsessed for 5 months now and going as often as I can. I really hate most sport and the gym, so I'm thrilled I finally found a form of exercise that I love and look forward to doing, and I'm amazed it came from anime.

started guitar because of K-ON, genuinely improved my life in all aspects

You informed yourself with a specific concept which had a visible impact on your life (you don't get tired as easily, can run for longer distances, don't get gut pains, etc), so yes, it counts, obviously.

I've been playing mahjong for years, and I kind of want to visit Takehara. If Venice was more like Neo-Venezia that'd also be on my list, but alas.

After watching teekyu I decided to learn how to play tennis. As they did, I haven't even played a game.

I got into Japanese literature after watching Aoi Bungaku which prompted me to take different courses on literature, contribute to /lit/, etc.
I recently ran out of translated material so I've been studying moonrunes to understand all the shit the Nips have in the public domain.

I learned moon and it landed me a couple of jobs with Nips. They're shit people to work with (and for) though. Not that I had my hopes up but they're a special breed.

>reddit: the post

Anime made me want to become a cute girl, does that count?

Brave Witches made me want to visit Saint Petersburg, but sadly no money.

I've heard the city has no public benches, so if you're tired and want to sit down you either have to do it on the steps of the bridges or drop a ton of money at an expensive cafe.

Anime has directly influenced my ability to pronounce Japanese words. It's also had a negative effect on my ability to make friends, since I have no other hobbies and everyone I've met either has no interest in it, or is a sperglord with shit taste.

Too real.

I ware leg weights constantly now.

I got a better feel of Venice from the couple of chapters of JoJo in the part 5 than from the whole of Aria. Still want to go there.

Same here, and I got my permit and I CAN drive now. But there's nowhere to street race so there's no incentive for me to wageslave so I can afford a car.

Yeah, Pokemon made me not want to do anything with Pokemon anymore.

Been watching since childhood, while simultaneously learning how to draw since then.

Gotten pretty good at drawing anime style since then that it almost made me want to become a gaijin animator in nihonland.

I somewhat stopped drawing since then because I took up architecture instead and it ate a good 9 years of my life already.

Did I do the right thing?

I actually got into anime because I enjoyed drawing for my entire life. I'm no good now but I wish I was. I can't into anatomy. I don't know if you did the right thing, are you happy? Do you enjoy the results of what you did more than you would have the alternative choice?

Yes. You did the thing that might actually put food on your plate, not the thing that will definitely starve you until you die of exhaustion from overworking.

It made me paranoid and cryptic about disclosing my hobbies to other people.
Few my close friend know, but colleagues at work know absolutely nothing about my hobbies and how I spend my free time.
Many tried to pry it from me, but I know better than open up to this hypocritical meatbags: they're going to treat any weeb with extreme prejudice I can do without.

Prolonged periods of low brain activity while binging anime also made me lazier and eventually led to switching to remote job where I can watch anime and read manga/LN on every break I get between tasks.

2D anime girls being perfect drastically raised bar for IRL females, making me bored and unmotivated when dating 5/10, which is objectively what I should settle for, all things considered.
Being used to anime female characters being proactive doesn't help dating 8/10 either: IRL they demand too much attention and effort to "conquer" so I give up and go fap to sadpanda instead.

Stay stron user, don't fall for the 3DPD. 2D is where it's at and you know it.

>3DPD
>Ever

Well I was young, raging hormones, pink dreams, nothing I could do about being naive to harbor hope at the time.

I went to Yakushima with a friend who is a huge fan of Princess Mononoke. It was glorious

Avoid going to Venice in the summer. Height of tourist season, so everything's going to be more expensive and a whole lot busier. Also, increases the chance that you might come across a less-than pleasant smelling canal.

It's a great city to explore, as it's easy to get lost and then get back on the main paths through the city. Plenty of side streets and alleys you can disappear down to get away from the main, crowded streets.

Additionally, explore the more residential areas of the city (Castello, Cannaregio) to both get away from the crowds and see a more peaceful side to the place.

It may not be Neo Venezia, but if you've a stomach for exploring (or any interest in the history/art), you'll find something to enjoy.

Also, fuck cruise ships.

K-On! and subsequently Tamako Market made me stop being a pretentious, jaded faggot and like people.
Some other anime pushed me that way too, such as Shirokuma Cafe and Tamayura, but not as much as those two.

I gently walked home plenty girls.

Aria made me see that it was my own responsibility if I wanted to be happy, and my own thoughts that influenced how I see the world. I'm a much happier person because of Akari.

Sora no Woto made me join the army.

Now here I am, finished my service, and never met any cute girls like my animu told me.

Naruto made me begin to run with my arms stretched back.

Venice is shit

Also there's only 1 public toilet what the fuck

I actually visited Colmar, France because of Gochiusa. Been in Japan too.

How is it? I plan to go there too.
Going to visit Rabbit Cafe and visit Sharo.

You might've realized that it had the precondition of already being a cute girl who wants to play an instrument.

Yes. Shana made me a fan of anison, and eventually inspired me to go to a certain singer's final concert.

Maybe it not very special, but I started learning Japanese.

I know about 300 kanji, but I still struggle with grammar.

頑張ってね

Like Kanata I wanted to join as an instrument player, but the requirement is that you have to already know how to play one.

It was really cool. I visited during Easter last year, so they actually had rabbits everywhere. There were also street markets and various Easter decorations. I visited some of the nearby villages as well. I uploaded my pictures here: dokidokivisual.imgur.com/

Well I learned how to power slide my Car

.....Fucking front wheel drive

Thanks for replying. I don't know if I can visit during Easter, I hope rabbits are everywhere every time.

I know it's unlikely but is the town aware it influenced Gochiusa? Like are there posters or references to the anime around town?

I've been in Venice dozens of times since I live like an hour away from it and I can say that,while the town itself has quite some cool spots,overall it's not that great (plus it smells like a sewer if there's high tide) . Just go on November-December and you won't find many tourists.

Arigato, senpai.

Shirobako almost made me want to get a job.

How much French must one know to tour around Colmar?
French is fucking hard to learn.

The guide I talked to has never heard of Gochiusa. There's a restaurant that's considered a Rabbit House prototype, and I know some Japanese fans actually visited it, so whoever owns that restaurant is probably aware of it. I saw some east asian tourists there, but no obvious Gochiusa fans so maybe they don't visit all that often. I also checked out a manga shop in Strasbourg, sadly it did not have any Kirara manga whatsoever.

I'm asian so I'm going to attract a lot of attention, fuck.

I knew only a few words. Since it's a touristy place, it's not difficult to get around knowing only English. I'd recommend learning a few French greetings though, because apparently the French will fucking hate you if you don't greet them correctly.

Welcome to NHK and Kiki delivery service taught me to stop wasting my time and get a fucking job

Kino no Tabi inspired me to start traveling by bicycle. I never saw the appeal to stopping in towns though.

French is probably the easiest language for an English speaker to learn.

>I never saw the appeal to stopping in towns though.
Well a large number of towns have beautiful architecture, an interesting history and unique traditions that are a treat to observe unless you're talking about America.

You guys half the point of aria is that most of the characters take everything for granted and live like they know they're in a tourist trap city, while Akari is able to see the beauty because she makes an honest effort towards not being jaded.

it is. Either go in march or some shit or go to Murano/Burano instead

Kekkai Sensen made me wanna go to NY.
Which I actually did, also went to visit Coney Island which I didn't knew existed and was beautiful so I thank this show for it.

If you listen to everybody on the internet who says "oh no don't go to x it is too touristy" the places you could go are pretty much limited to Africa, Central Asia, and the Middle East, war zones, and other dangerous places.

Don't fall for the REAL TRAVELER meme, just go where you want to go.

Not (always) so. For example, consider Yellowstone. More than 3 million visitors annually and
>Only 3% of Yellowstone’s visitors ever venture more than 100 yards from the road!

Unless your only objective is to take selfies in front of famous scenes, your experience can be greatly improved by venturing off the beaten path, if only a little bit.

That doesn't mean anything.

You should absolutely go to Venice or Barcelona or Tokyo or wherever. Doing touristy things doesn't mean you can't go "off the beaten path" or go to smaller, lesser known places.

Imagine going to Florence, and skipping out on the Ufizzi, the Duomo and such. Obviously they are touristy as fuck but you should still see them. Then from Florence you can go "off the beaten path" to wherever you want. You can/should do both.

I started cycling on road bike after marathoning yowapedal last year. i regret nothing.

Is Florence really worth exploring it? Was there a lot of time ago but it was hot as fuck so I have visited few places and left.

My brother. I actually bought my own bike.

I finally decided to take a trip to Japan one year ago, mostly because I wanted to hear Yuuki Aoi sing and see her live.

DBZ

Same,twice. It was fun to recognize the places in which some scenes were set

How the fuck do i remember onyomi ? It´s just a fucking syllable, it has almost no meaning by itself.

Tatami Galaxy helped me stop second guessing my life choices

Subway scenes with KoD definitely would have gotten his skinny white ass beaten up for whistling and disturbing everyone.

Silver Spoon left me with a desire to go to Hokkaido and see if I could track down a Ban'ei race.

Rurouni Kenshin got me interested in pre-WWII Japanese history when I first watched it in the early 2000s.

Not really special, but anime and cartoons in general inspired me to draw. I still draw like shit, though. Hopefully I'll get good enough so I'll be able to animate and become an animator.

I also got inspired to make a web/co/mic.