Digimon Thread

After 17 years, is 02 still shit?

How would you fix 02 if you had the chance?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_vSJnBkFzQs
imgur.com/a/sk1US
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

TaiKari end.

Do you really want that? Reminder this is a bonus.

All they really had to do was make either Oikawa, Daemon or Dagomon the final villain instead of introducing BelialVamdemon at the last second. If the dimension Oikawa opened a portal to was the dark ocean and they ended up having to save the world from Dagomon, that would have been a pretty satisfying finale.

>After 17 years, is 02 still shit?
Yes.
>How would you fix 02 if you had the chance?
If would require turning it into a completely different show.

02 never said it didn't happen though.

>All they really had to do was make either Oikawa, Daemon or Dagomon the final villain instead of introducing BelialVamdemon at the last second
02 suffers from many more problems than surprise Vamdemon.

I don't care. We got Tamers. I'm over 02's ending.

the ending was so fucking weird with all the kids having nonsensical adult lives

02 was comfy as fuck though. And the Christmas episodes are some high levels of festive comfiness.

The epilogue is the only thing I'd change. I was a kid and suddenly all my heroes were adults with deep voices and had sons and boring responsibilities, that was depressing as fuck.

Is this loss?

I think that epilogue did more to deter me from being a normie than anything.

tfw I got into the series with 02

I'm afraid of re-watching it on fear of the nostalgia getting shat on

>02 was comfy as fuck though
All digimon shows are.

>is 02 still shit?
yes

Remove Takeru and Hikari.
Those two really dragged the shown down.

>use all the feminine parts of her Grade 2 body and psych

Tamers was amazing in comparison.

Gonna be called a nostalgia faggot, but I really miss those water color backgrounds in anime.

Someone explain the pairings to me.

>After 17 years, is 02 still shi?
Yes
>How would you fix 02 if you had the chance?
Erase it's existence.

tri is working on that with the 02 newbies killed

Reminder that Kari is only for her Oniichan.

fpbp

only pairs are matt/sora and ken/yolei

Matt x Sora = Established (or forced, depending of the point of view) by Kakudou since the 1st series.

Ken x Miyako = Slapped together by Seki (or someone else) because the rest of the staff loved how their seiyuu were good friends or something

Tai x Hikari = By Hosoda. Chiaki.
J. Konaka saw through that and used it to BTFO Takeru in an episode

>Hosoda. Chiaki.
It's funny how each of they came in for one episode and made them stand out from the rest.

do you people ever talk about the series that aren't Adventure?

We talk about Tamers sometimes and Frontier. No many people have seen Savers as they find the idea of Masaru punching Digimon to activate his Digi-Soul ridiculous. Xros Wars was never that popular on Sup Forums but /m/ loved it and has a few Xros threads sometime. Currently only /vg/ has the most active thread which covers the games and anime with the more recent being Applimon,

>No many people have seen Savers as they find the idea of Masaru punching Digimon to activate his Digi-Soul ridiculous.

I don't want to live on this planet anymore

It's not shit to 02.

02 is still cool to me.

Kari from 02 is still hot.
And the best waifu around.
>look at her booty

Tri. just proved that 02 didn't need to exist at all.

I know he got what he deserves.
And Kari got her TK.

Because they're people with actual talent for directing/writing. The best parts of Adventure were the things that Hosoda worked on, and the best parts of 02 was the episode that Chiaki worked on.

Always would like it if Kari marries TK.

Well, not really. Because they really ment for each other and they are great anime couple.

It's because of this that the staff moved in on their mons forcing a pairing with them.

>Because they really ment for each other and they are great anime couple.
Explain?

Shitty incest shippers.

t. takari cuck

Post favorite pairings from series that aren't Adventure

>Established

Are you referring to the interviews with Kakudou? Or is this based on what was seen in the 1st Series?

>there are people on this timeline who hate based kenka banchou.
This truly is the worst timeline.
Also believer is one of the best insert songs in the franchise.
Shinegreymon's first burst mode was hype as fuck.
youtube.com/watch?v=_vSJnBkFzQs

I never understood why out of all Digimon to make copies of it chooses fucking Vamdemon. Though it was nice to see Masaru punchimg Digimon in the fucking face again. Truely he is a Digimon in human form. What if he's Gankoomon?

Well these angels are wonderful together.

As partners yes but as a romantic pair, no. No matter how hard they force this shit it's never going to happen.

Are Onii-chans the miracles of the universe? I think they are.

Onii-chan-imouto pairs are.

It actually doesn't hold up as well as I remembered. 01 is much better than 02 but Tamers is probably the best (haven't seen savers or anything past 04 though).

Remember Ophanimon falldown mode is the corrupt warp shinka. The correct shinka will be Holydramon after Taichi succeeds into getting Hikari out of her freaking out.

The bad thing is Taichi is likely to lash out at everyone at certain point. Yamato's "I expect too much of him" line in OVA 4 is a slight hint there will be a major conflict and fight between them.

我は「影」
真なる「我」

Man, she got a rough fucking deal.

Takato X Rika/Ruki is still best, fuck Ryo

But Masaru punching god was so fucking good. His dad is a lion-man that holds up a planet and he punches a god in it's face. What more could you want?
Not being sarcastic, did like it. The only weird thing was that girl from the movie that had a crush on Agumon.

Oh shut up, Juri.

Who's ready to see Ofanimon Falldown Mode beat the shit out of Seraphimon and toss it aside like a rag doll?

user it's going to be Ophanimon as you can only get falldown mode from already having Ophanimon. I want Holydramon too but seems like they've chosen Oohanimon to continue the matching pair theme.

The girl was actually a Digimon or Digital lifeform so it was okay.

She looked human, so she might as well have been a scaly.

The great Onii-chan battle begins...

What if after Hikari's breakdown Tai goes to comfort her while Takeru goes for Meiko? How would everyone go crazy?

Sora and Mimi will be the ones to comfort Meiko, like has been the case in the last three movies

Ah. Right. Is female friendship really that close? Asking as a guy here.

yes, women are human beings capable of forming platonic bonds, same as men

Even as a kid I was able to see all the stupid shit in 02 and knew it was bad.

HEY DIGIMON HEY DIGIMON

While at the same time calling each other bitch and talking behind their backs?

where have you ever seen that in digimon

I think the first two arcs of Digimon 02 are pretty good.

The Digimon Emperor was a pretty compelling antagonist and the concept that he was disabling Digivolution which is why we needed new protagonists was fun. The team dynamics were pretty solid, although the whole one-sided "I'm the protagonist not you," tension between Davis and TK kind of overwhelmed everything else and then it never REALLY paid off because Davis' story ended up tied mainly to Ken's.

The 2nd Storyline with Arukenimon and Mummymon and the gradual discovery of the DNA Digivolutions and Champion forms is kind of plodding because of how inept those two are as antagonists, but there's a few solid episodes in there and when Blackwargreymon shows up that arc really justifies itself.

Things really only start to fall apart during the World Tour, which is a shame because its a great concept and there's several classic episodes in that lot, including Blackwargreymon's finale and the Dark Ocean. But the whole thing just starts to fall apart due to inconsistencies and long-term things never paying off and plotlines getting dropped and hamfisted plot twists and everything else about 02 that sucked basically taking over everything good all the way to the end and the shitty Harry Potter Epilogue.

02 is probably the worst digimon, but I still have a soft spot for it because of those first two arcs and the few all-star episodes peppered throughout.

Oh, also the 90s-as-fuck crazy taxi/Power Rangers insert music was pretty great. LETS KICK IT UUUUUUP.

just in case anyone needs the screencap

Man the original ost is goddamn amazing. Un-ironically prefer it over the original Adventure one.

On to another topic entirely: It disturbs me how the Chosen Children just don't give a fuck about the 02 kids. They didn't give a shit that they were gone, they didn't really care that much that Ken seemed to be the Emperor again, they didn't care that they ostensibly fucking killed V-Mon and Wormmon- I mean, in retrospect I don't really like 02 save for some parts (for example BlackWargreymon) but it just seems like bad fanfiction or something to me.

And not just the 02 part. All of it, up to Meiko and Meicomon. (Or however the fuck you spell that again)

Sounds about right.

Adding on to that, now I'm kind of happy that it wasn't a Tamers sequel. That is, as long as they would have had the same staff as Tri.
If they somehow would have gotten Konaka not on his hateboner for happy continuations and Kaizawa, I think it'd been much better than what we've gotten.

The Kaiser arc took way too long, real and in-universe time. The seven Adventure Chosen already obtained all of their Crests, and defeated 3 villains, by the time Ken suddenly has his epiphany. And it took the 02 kids roughly five months to finally attempt to bring him down instead of farting around and going on picnics.

The second batch of villains were completely ineffectual and confusing. What was their goal when telling BlackWarGreymon to destroy everything? Weren't they put in the Digital World by Oikawa (somehow) to allow him to cross over (because distortions)? Why would Oikawa want the Digital World destroyed?

Not really, especially the part about Hikari being the wife and Koromon being the mistress. I guess Hosoda forgot Hikari told Koromon that he could stay in the real world with them.

Or maybe he didn't forget since he didn't write the episode.

It's true.

source??? I think a piece of paper with japanese kanjis are not enough.

The interview is from the Digimon Adventure Movie Book. More scans are found here: imgur.com/a/sk1US

The translation source is that post by some Anonymous.

an alternative screencap with larger moon speak

Did she see Meiko trying to steal a kiss from Taichi?

season 2 was never shit
I literally don't know what people hate it for

Maybe Meicoomon hurts Taichi.

>Maybe both Meicrackmon corrupted and a pissed off Yamato hurt Taichi.
FTFY

More likely Meicoomon broke Taichi's phone.

Meicoomon is not a tree.

wtf i love 01 even more now

>Meicrackmon is attacking
>Yamato's being a dick to Taichi
>Also they're both near a cliff or something
>Meicrackmon fires off a shot and almost hits them and Taichi pushes Yamato out of the way
>He falls and everyone thinks he's dead
>Hikari sees the whole thing
>Engage digital_hazard.exe

DELETE
EVERYTHING

why is SaintGalgomon so lame compared to Dukemon and Sakuyamon

Dukemon is a Holy Knight and Sakuyamon's a God Man, two of the most powerful types of Digimon. On top of that, there's also Beelzebumon, a Demon Lord.

SaintGalgomon was just a Machine. It's inherently inferior.

Haven't been keeping up with Tri at all. What happened to the 02 characters like Daisuke? Did they get written out?

They got killed in the first 5 minutes of the first movie.

Tamers is amazing period.

My disappointment at Meikoomon not evolving to LadyDevimon continues to be extremely high.

Ophanimon Fall Down Mode should be pretty cool tho.

People grow older and meet other people. Only betas marry childhood friends out of desesperation

Is this the designated Hikari thread?

All threads are Hikari threads.