ATOM - The Beginning

We have subs, time to discuss robots.

nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=917945

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9UN15OgcXno
anichart.net/Spring-2017
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Dumping first chapter for people interested.

I guess "show, don't tell" doesn't mean much to the writer.

I think they made a mistake giving the little sister a voice.
The way they handle her in the manga is much more charming.

And that's it. I think the adaptation did a fine job with what was available so far.

6 a cute.

Watched this yesterday in spanish 1 hour after Japan. You people are too slow

Not our fault that Japanese to Spanish is a hell of a lot easier than Japanese to English and that you guys are bigger weebs than we are.

Also in Italy we had it yesterday, free and legally licensed on YouTube.

Damn man, get your shit together america.

I tried reading Astro Boy.

It's not the same at all.

I like this way more.

Is there CG in this one?

minimal (i.e. CG cars in typical 2D anime)

rapably cute

youtube.com/watch?v=9UN15OgcXno

damn, i didn't know the full OP was on.

That was a pretty good episode. One of the most promising shows this season.

The first episode was pretty gud.

>we used up all our research budget so that's why we must work part time! To save money!

Why the need to address this out loud?

Finally.

Shitty writing.

Why is HorribleSubs dropping the ball so hard?

It's because Amazon is doing the Atom English subs, and Horrible doesn't rip from Amazon.

HS is powerless in the face of Amazon.

cute

>nobody is watching it
wew

Surprising, isn't it? I saw the name "Astro Boy" attached to this and figured it would be hugely popular, especially since it's well-produced.

>A computer typing on a computer.

WTF am I watching?

Fucking watched it again with a friend and he told me that it sucks. I really can't get why. It won't be AOTS but I think it's cool. The characters are likelible and the drawings are cool even if simples. He even told me that the drawings suck and he decided to drop it.

I tried to compare it with No Hero Academia, which background drawings suck and the first two episodes are useless but no, that's a great anime and Atom is shit. I'm sad.

>By IG Port x OLM
No wonder the animation is so dope.

I guess we're at a point where no HS release = dead thread.
Unless you shill your show hard enough beforehand like LWA.

Same shit happened with Onihei.
Pretty sad to be honest.

Your average anime viewer and person on Sup Forums doesn't know Astro Boy, they know Naruto, Bleach, One Piece,SAO, Death Note and then mature anime like Attack on Titan, Berserk or Fate/Zero.

Your average Sup Forumsnon also doesn't watch anything that's not on HS

I kekked. But is a thing that happens often.

THIS.
Sadly, that's the truth.

The main characters have big noses. People like generic designs. Also there's a robot, not a loser kid that got the best power granted to him.

I'm starting to realize that there are probably people browsing Sup Forums right now that are actually subscribed to Crunchyroll.

Kek, the nose was one of the critiques he made. Personally I founded the scene where they squash their noses really cute.

It's been happening for a long time user. People only watch HorribleSubs, they don't bother with fansubs anymore.

And normalfags only watch what's on crunchyroll

This is kind of homoerotic.

Now that's a good use of water reflection.

Why are you hostile to Crunchyroll? I'm subscribed to it to support the industry, even if all the good anime in Italy are licensed by free services (Yamato and VVVVID)...

So yeah fuck Crunchyroll.

Considering Astro Boy's origin story was I was expecting something a little darker. Seemed pretty ok, going to keep on it since it's 12 eps.

>there are probably people browsing Sup Forums right now that are actually subscribed to Crunchyroll.
Big numbers of Sup Forumsnon? I don't think so.

But the majority of Sup Forumsnons only watch anime for shitposting, nowadays. (That's why Kyoani/Trigger anime thread always hit the bump limit everyday)

>to support the industry
Just buy the fucking manga/LN whatever.
You're only feeding the middleman who's only screwing you.

me :^)

I was just about to say there are CR shills that fucking work at CR that browse Sup Forums and there you go.

As you can see, they're completely retarded. So, you sub to CR even if it has a shit selection in your country because "it supports the industry". I think your post is legit bait. Then you say "fuck CR" while being subbed to them. Autism. Look, this user gave you a better solution already.

That's true, but I don't want to read manga or LN, I want to watch anime. Also 40€ for a year of Crunchyroll equals to 8 manga volumes. Also there exists other stuff than adaptations.

>Fansubs still exist in 2017.
Wrong timeline.

The idea of supporting the industry was why I've subscribed. I've seen stuff on it but this season there isn't anything good. So yeah, I subscribed but probably I won't do it again.

> there are CR shills that fucking work at CR that browse Sup Forums and there you go.
No. Crunchy roll doesn't need shills. They have all the normie subs they need, why the fuck would they pay someone to browse Sup Forums and funpost? You're an idiot

The industry gets much more out of those 8 manga volumes than those 40€ you give to CR every year.
You buy them to "support the industry" as you say, who cares if you read it or not? You liked the anime adaptation you watched for free.

>normie
I think you need to go back to where you belong.

Sup Forums is a huge untapped market. The cost of paying some Pajeet to shill for them is small compared to the potential benefits of acquiring new customers. I'm not saying I have any proof that they are doing it, but it's pretty reasonable to assume so. Just look at /ck/ and all the fast food shills. Sure some of it is shitposting, but a lot isn't.

Yeah, but in that way I support the mangaka, not the studio that produced the anime I'm watching. Or is the studio directly paid from the people behind the manga they adapt?

stop trying to fit in

There's a social media manager called Miles that works at CR and he constantly browses Sup Forums. He even admitted to it on twitter or something. The shills are here 100%.

Pic is for you.

Studios are paid in advance with a budget.
What they gain is fame(and more contracts) not money, unless it's anime original projects.
Buy figurines if don't want a pile of books sitting around.

I can't believe I have to explain that to you Giovanni , I sincerely hope you were baiting me all along.
Every since the election, the board has been going down the shitter

Thank you for the explanation. It's 4/5 years that I'm interested in anime, but I never done any research about how the industry works. Then I guess that the stuff they get from licensing and DVD is like a "plus"? Anyway my name is Marco desu.

Are there normal subs? I haven't checked but I'm interested in this series.

Not sure what you mean by normal, but the amazon ones are acceptable

I don't know what I meant either, but thank you, I'll give it a watch.

What the fuck with all the chineese adaptations and shit from Amazon?
I have a hard time tracking new shows on Nyaa since release schedule for subs are all fucked up and they're not in top 10 by seeders sorting.

>spoiler
More like the internet as a whole

Nigga has some crazy nose.

Maybe you should use convenient sites, with airing countdown?
Like this one out of the many that exists
anichart.net/Spring-2017

>yfw bait delivers
Thanks, I will use that.

>bait
It's not when you meant it retard.

You never do that thing when your honest opinion doubles as bait?

>big ass robot doesnt have a fire suppression system

Good episode, cant wait for next week.Not sure about the manga if it got translated but I'll just watch the anime.

He will end as the first edgy Tezuka character?

Autism imouto a cute

Fucking Amazon. I hope they burn in hell.

After watching the first episode and reading the first chapter i liked the way the manga handled things better.
Anime was full of rather awkward exposition, and it's attempt to raise the stacks, you made the whole situation harder to believe.

>[HorribleSubs] Atom
>hardsubbed HDMI capture
>long after the softsubbed rip with the original untouched video
HorribleSubs suck hard.

>[HorribleSubs] Atom - The Beginning - 01 [720p].mkv
Well.