DRAGON BALL SUPER IS SHIT

What the actual fuck is wrong with Toei Animation and Akira Toriyama? Why are they treating one of the greatest and most influential franchises, Dragon Ball, like it is some average shitty rebooted Scooby Doo cartoon? Let's see the problems...

-24 Episodes recap of the latest 2 movies, while adding more inconsistencies and plot holes
-U6 vs U7 saga, full of underwhelming battles, only highlight being Kaioken,
-Zamasu saga is convoluted, constant back and forth between power superiority between the villains and Goku and Vegeta. Fucking Toyotaro convinced Toriyama to straight up copy the Xicor arc from DBAF. Similarities between them are fucking ridiculous. Plot holes, rushed fan-service Vegito with bs time limit.
Mary Sue Trunks, and the arc has a weird and dark end. Whole arc was for nothing, the universe got fucking erased.
-God hierarchy and the different Gods look fan made and Tournaments of Power between universes are a bad excuse to not develop the universes, all the gods and all of the strongest fighters in all of the multiverse are in front of you, feels like it's the end, bros. Where can you go from here?
-Lack of evil and tension in DBSuper and constant tournaments makes the show feel like WWE.
-Beerus, an even bigger genocidal maniac than Freeza and Vegeta, that constantly threatens Earth with destruction, is being dick sucked by all of the cast of Dragon Ball. Nice.
-Manga by Tracertaro is rushed in the beginning, Zamasu arc has its own bad problems, differences between this and the anime makes the word CANON fucking have no meaning and divides the fan base. At least the manga tries to clean up some shit that the anime is doing.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n5kEYa8jYmg&list=PL836DDC1A20726279&index=3
vsbattles.wikia.com/wiki/Android_17
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

-Animation and art is seriously sub par compared even to DBZ that aired in the fucking '80s. It's been 25 years, animation should be atleast OPM level ffs. Almost all episodes have plenty of moments where they look like they are animated and drawn by 12 year olds. Art of the manga is the only thing better than the anime/
-Fights lack the intensity and the choreography of the original Dragon Ball and DBZ. Punches and kicks, ki blasts, and special attacks lack consistency and weight. Special effects look like they are made in Flash.
-Recolored Super Saiyan forms, feels like Mortal Kombat Trilogy if you know what I mean. Even Super Apeman 4 is better than this shit.
-Goku is now retarded, he lacks logic, moral sense and awareness. He puts all of the universes including his own at risk of total annihilation without even feeling even a bit of remorse. DBSuper negates all of his character development that he earned through his life.
-Gohan is a literal cuck, he doesn't realize the type of shit his universe is in. He refuses to help save his planet because he has to go to work. He doesn't realize that even with his untrained body he can annihilate any human on Earth and by just becoming a well-known martial artist like Mr. Satan he can make easily hundreds of millions of zenni without even trying, much more than doing economics or whatever.
-Huge powers scaling issues, Goku becomes insanely strong but fucking Krillin and Android 17 can keep up with SSB which is Above Universal now. Freeza becomes god-level by just training a few months. Trunks in the Zamasu arc gets bullshit power ups. Goku Black, who is a freshly revived Dr. Gero arc Goku, keeps up with present SS1 Goku, and becomes much stronger than SSB over night. Goku gets hurt by a laser and by a gunshot.
-DBSuper's soundtrack is unmemorable and uninspired imo.

In conclusion, I am very disappointed with the state of DBSuper, it feels like a cash grab for toys than an actual evolution to a series. It should be better than DBZ, not have it's issues and then some.

What do you guys think?

Dragonball was a shounen comic. It was aimed at young boys, and will always be aimed at young boys. It's not aimed at autists like you who over-examine every little detail to the point of exhaustion. Kids watch this and don't give a shit about the contradictions or inconsistencies because they don't care.

It's time to grow out of your Toonami phase and let it go.

Probably they make DBS because toei and toriyama wants more money, also they can make more games with the new characters and forms
Also showing DBS in a child time (9 am) don't help much either

Animes are dead.
Mangas are dead.
Japanese are greedy.
Dark times.

Are you done throwing a hissy fit?

I like it only because of Hit. Also, while I agree on the first arcs and Zamasu's arc being utter shit, right now it's trying to get back at the spirit of original DB and DBZ, I kinda like it.

About Beerus being dick sucked, I really hope Super ends with Goku or Vegeta or Vegito beating him.

i enjoyed everything starting with the U7 and U6 tournament, its just a kids show you people are way too nitpicky.

one punch man has a lot of work put into it. Super was announced.It realeased 2 months after the announcement. That is short by anime standards. OPM was not rushed. OPM is extremely polished. Episode 66, story aside, in terms of animation, was phenominal. That was ~11 weeks in production. Episode 5 , in terms of animation, is known for being shit, it was 4 weeks in production.

youtube.com/watch?v=n5kEYa8jYmg&list=PL836DDC1A20726279&index=3
Fucking awesome. When will subfags learn?

>tfw Boruto is better then both GT and Super
Dbfags BTFO

>people expecting quality from a show aimed at little boys
Just give more waifus pls.

Wait for the bump limit you fucking retard

What the fuck are you expecting from a saturday morning shounen show?

Why do dub dragon ball fans care so much about the mistakes made by a dude in texas in the 90s?

Is Marcarita the best angel?

soon...

>What the actual fuck is wrong with Toei Animation
please stop suddenly realizing that toei animation is bad at animating
>Why are they treating one of the greatest and most influential franchises, Dragon Ball, like it is some average shitty rebooted Scooby Doo cartoon
Because it is toriyama could of been milking dragonball for years before super even began dragonball is no masterpiece either accept that is gotten worse and continue watching in it or don't.
a lot easier than criticizing the same shit, although I don't disagree with you at all.

no. it is, always was, always will be, vados

never

so we should expect 0/10 quality then?

Soon.

What are the honest chances we'll see a white hair transformation

Depends if it'll sell as well as SSJ2 toys.

>it's for kids, i-it's supposed to be shit xD

This excuse again

Yes.

When they will meet the female Broly, you realize if they make just a little reference to the Broly from the movies like if they fought him in the past it could be completly destroy the entire continuity coherency of dragon ball?

Id be damn surprised if OP is older than 16. Sup Forums isnt your space to vent into, quit fucking whining. Watch the show or dont kid, nobody but you is making you watch it.

Only a minority of people care to the point where they outright hate the series. Most other fans dont really give a shit.

Chill.

Anyone has information about the next episodes like 87-88-89?

I hope it ends on ep 100, enough of this shit.

Check r/dbz .

You can just not watch it man.

>Dragonball was a shounen comic
It started as a gag comic, another factor types like the OP hate to come to terms with(hurr Buu is stupid), but your point still stands.

If you want more girls just watch little girl shows. They usually have better character designs too so the girls are prettier.

>DRAGON BALL SUPER IS SHIT
More news at 11.

>makes the show feel like WWE
Dragon ball super is not fake It is just predetermined

Guys, I really want to ask you something.

Am I the only one who is happy to see C-17 this strong?

And it does make sense to me, he trained for years non-stop.

Also, since he refused to protect the univer, he can also ignore buu.

No incoherence to me, since we know they can grow stronger, also with unlimited stamina.

You do know that shounen isn't a genre, right? It's a demographic. Stuff like Shokugeki is also a shounen manga, just with a focus on cooking instead of action / comedy / romance / what have you.

>And it does make sense to me, he trained for years non-stop.

So did Goku and he trained with higher beings and got a massive power boost handed to him.

It does not make sense to me, but fuck sense to be honest, best boy 17 deserves screen time and deserves power up.
Imagine him being absent, for like, 20 years or more, and then triumphantly return only to be one-shotted by Goku. Not very exiting, eh?

>unlimited stamina

little did we know the problem with the heat death of the universe has also been solved but sadly that one asshole has to act like nothing matters and is ok with the universe being destroyed even if we know because of the opening that he's gonna join anyway so we can stretch this filler shit for more episodes. Also fuck punctuation.

Goku doesn't have unlimited stamina, also 17 was stronger than SSJ before without even training, so imagine when he train by himself with unlimited stamina, just like freezer but with a slower progress (10 years I think)

Same, even though I think that it's credible at least.

>Am I the only one who is happy to see C-17 this strong?
No, i'm also glad that non-saiyan fighters are finally getting screentime and good fights, specially 17 who was out from the stoy for a long time.

The powerlevel crap doesn't bother me at all, since i watch and enjoy DBS for the epic fights and flashy transformations, not because i need to validate some made-up numbers and charts.

At least, it explain why he did jack shit against buu.

And about his stamine, It's true, he can't get tired.

Same, even though I think it's at least credible for C-17, specially when you are aware of freezer golden form.

Stamina doesnt make you stronger, it just makes you last longer.

Yeah, 17 was one of my favorite characters so it's awesome to see him again. I don't expect him to be defeat Jiren or anything ridiculous but it's nice to see him put up a fight

Obviously he hit the gym every day , drank his protein shakes and that allows him to keep up. I know this is a kids show and we're not supposed to take it seriously but fuck at least have some consistency, its embarrassing.

And it help you to train much much longer

>Who is freezer?

Hit is literally the most garbage character ever designed.

I fast forward whenever he appears.

he is the sexiest character. especially when yamamuro designs him

Uub is in the manga. he is cannon.
btfo

>this reddit tier autistic rant
Didn't read a line. Go back to >>>/reddit/

Why do people like Android 17 so much.
I don't even remember him doing anything impressive. He fought with Piccolo for a while and then was absorbed by Cell I think?

Tell that to 'EoZ got retconned xDD' fags

So regardless of him and Goku holding back or not. Do you think 17 is god tier or close to it?

He's also been hyped so much by Toei that won't be surprising if he is.

He's cool and has a nice design, he's even more based in DBS.

perhaps he is like freeza. in which a small amount training would make his power level grow exponential

Yes, not stronger than Goku and Vegeta but definitely God Tier, he's not a normal human.

No wonder why messing up with human's cell is prohibited among gods just like travelling around time.

I love tadayoshi yamamuro sama. his characters look so sexy and on model

vsbattles.wikia.com/wiki/Android_17

He's confirmed as god-tier.

So happy to see /ourboy/ being this relevant.

You're just realizing this now? Fucking idiot.

>it feels like a cash grab for toys than an actual evolution to a series
Because it literally is.

I cant wait for roshi to fight ssb goku . The community will explode as if toriyama died

He has a powerset that includes more than ki blasts and strenght boosts without being a joke character, that's enough to make him compelling.

If they manage to make Roshi relevant again, it will justify Super's existence. Teaching the Mafuba doesn't count, you can learn it on youtube.

This, Toei can't write for shit.

Hit was shoe horned in as a villain that was suddenly as strong as goku and beerus.

>le epic hitman that can stop time for (((Reasons)))

Its fan fiction tier.

Goku isn't a cyborg, he was never a SSJ-tier fighter without training either.

Comparing C-17 to goku is retarded.

17 was the lesser of two androids who stood no chance against form 2 of cell.

Cell who was defeated long before goku got anywhere near ssj3

Then goku becomes an actual god.
But suddenly, instead of being a god he just changes his hair blue and is even more strong.

And they never explain this or show the transformation. He just has it.

And now that guy from 6 seasons ago is on par with him. Bravo toei.

He's the best cyborg, 16 is not a cyborg.

Also, Freezer is ok for you?

Freeza coming back made this abortion even worse.

But freezas movie was the highlight of the series animation and style wise.

>17 was the lesser of two androids who stood no chance against form 2 of cell.

Wrong, he's the strongest of the two and Toriyama mentionted that he has great potential.

vados looks so sexy.
Is toei trying to tempt me
?

literal fags who enjoy raising their wife's sons

Still, if you still watch DB after ROF, then a cyborg, who was stronger than SSJ without training, unlimited stamina, who is able to progress without getting tired for 10 years shouldn't be a problem to you.

Umad?

Whatever you say, cuckfag.

Form 1 actually.

After perhaps the best fight in the entire saga, imperfect cell STOMPED 17 with no actual effort at all.

Nigga what???

You must hate fun. Don't worry mate, all that teenage angst will eventually go away when you grow up and you will learn to enjoy things.

Goku needed to train to attain SSJ-tier, 17 didn't have to.

Now imagine him training with unlimited stamina.

If only an actual good creation of Gero like Cell was allowed to train, not those shitty jobbers

Cell has a great design but meh tier vilains

How the fuck does a cyborg who doesn't have ki get stronger by training?
And what kind of hellish training did he do that made him on par with god-level characters even though he has muh nature and muh family to take care of while Goku is off training nearly 24/7
Does 17 have a secret increased gravity + hyperbolic time chamber combo stashed away somewhere?

your fault for expecting consistent writing.

He has human part combined with the cybernetic part, he can get stronger.

Ki is not an argument, otherwise he couldn't had fought against vegeta and piccolo.

Unlimited stamina, he can train a lot without getting tired, without the need to sleep

Obviously he has been fighting those Potchers for years. They must give him a shit ton of EXP.

You don't know how he trained.

We just know that he trained

If androids have ki why don't they have an aura and why can't it be sensed?

it's literally the most stupid thing to happen in super

a lot of you idiots take this WAY too seriously.

i watch this show for nostalgia and entertainment. it entertains me and that's all i expect from it. your standards are too high for such a SIMPLE show

do you actually believe toriyama puts as much thought into the series as some of you spergs?

I don't have to imagine it.
It's called every fucking training session where goku has a fat sack of senzu beans.
Which is basically every session since the end of the saiyajin saga.

Cell was only good when he was imperfect.
He only became worse and worse as it went on.

yo when is the manga coming out?

They were normal human children who've never trained a day in their life who were augmented with the best cybernetic augmentations the fucking universe had ever seen.
Even had fucking synthetic ki generators. Which probably just took ki from the environment and recycled it. It didn't constantly generate it so much as it constantly pulled it in from everywhere.

They are not physically....amazing enough to become so fucking strong from training without end that they'll equal SSJB and surpass SSJG.
It makes fuck all sense.

>every wimp character is SSB level now because plot comvenience

Fuck it, GT was better.

a lot better.. i remember the goku vs baby fight was hype af