Family Crest

Hi Sup Forums

So a quick question: Do any of you have family crests? Is that tradition still relevant in the West these days?

I've been fascinated by the idea of designing a family crest, and went through couple of videos on YouTube showing how one can be used to make a wax seal for letters (I know that e-mail is a thing, but there's a special kind of pleasure from tradition).
I come from a large family in Saudi Arabia, and unfortunately, most of my families history/legacy including folk songs, poets, and tribe flags has been forgotten by my generation. I was contemplating making a family crest that pays homage to the family's history, and also be somewhat modern so the next generation can have pride in carrying it.

Other urls found in this thread:

fleurdelis.com/nofamilycrest.htm
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Molesworth,_1st_Viscount_Molesworth
youtube.com/watch?v=Mb5MjWZ7kxk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Weve got a kike shill here looking for last names goys,

Gtfo

My family has a crest but it's painfully generic on account of being descended from a tiny shitty branch of a tiny shitty Scottish mercenary clan that managed to get themselves unilaterally banished to Ireland fucking twice.

>Do any of you have family crests?
yes

If I was a kike, I'd have this pic as my family crest.

How's life post-coup?

Have you ever used it? As in have you ever put it on a ring? A coat? A sticker on your car?
Or is it just something that your family acknowledge its existence, but never really uses it?

My uncle has a ring

You're probably some trailer trash waste of life who doesn't even know his father.

I'm speaking to people with actual lineage.

Unless youre a gazillionaire i dont see why anyone would take the time.

Only time most americans are even aware of such a crest is when they see it hanging in a fucking gift shop with their last name on it.

Did it make an imprint in your colon when he fisted you as a child?

That's actually kind of sad.
I think it's pretty imperative for people to know the history of their family. Where they come from, what their family values are, and how their own lives can be affected by that history.

I have family crest, the practise is pretty much dead unless your relevant nobility. If ancaps had their way the practise would pick back up as it is just a brand logo. And ancap ideology would end in feudalism anyway. Also modern crests like the one in your pic is degenerate as fuck if your going to have one made look up the rules regarding heraldry for your country, and get an expert to help also make sure it's registered with the relevant authority.

Thanks for the advice user.

>
ffs can you read nigger. i didn't say it was impressive but it's what i got.

It's cool, if your flag isn't a proxy I don't know how your going to go with it. To my knowledge the only family in sa to have a coat of arms is the house of Saud and even then it's reserved for the king only.

There are many large tribes that follows the house of Saud, including mine.

Sorry Scottish bro, I didn't read your post.
My mistake.

Yeah, not gonna post my last name but it does have two badass knights on it. My mother’s side has two women strumming little harps kek

I apologize if I conveyed the wrong message. I wasn't after people's actual last names, I don't care about that. I guess my English still needs improvement.
I was just wondering if guys on Sup Forums care about these traditions since you guys keep on talking about your white-pride and family values all the time.

Ofc we do, Mahdi

My family has a crest, but its generic, unicorn, lorel ect ect. Molesworth line is related to windsor, but Id have to murder like 500,000 to be king of britain.

Here is mine.

There is literally no such thing as a family crest and it's a amerimutt burger teir meme.
I do have a Coat of Arms that will go to me once my Grandpa dies though.

Pic related is our family crest. We've got no shame in our kikery, and only recently added more judenhats to get with the times.

You see a lot of family crests around Wellington, FL since its where the Polo Hall of Fame sets, and they still use family crests for identification purposes kn equestrian circles. I don't know of another common usage of them in NA.

Holy fuck you are genuinley retarded. Wikipedia might help burger mutt :P

Yeah I've read shit on it and they are mostly just stolen coat of arms.
Maybe I'm wrong but I've read a few articles about how family crests are bullshit.

fleurdelis.com/nofamilycrest.htm

Coat of arms is the meme American version of the British Family crest.
You know, that place where royalty and pompus bs like that is still relevant?

Any fuck can make a coat of arms. Means nothing. A Family crest in Britain was how your place in the social heirachy was defined to a large extent.

Family crests are bullshit that have no place in the United States.

Everyone who comes here is supposed to leave all that shit behind. You stop being fascinated with your shitty past in favor of a future in the new world.

It's no wonder that Americans with Anglo upbringing find themselves in trouble with the law more often. They were never really Americans to begin with.

Since 1918 everybody can get one here. They still should follow gernarl rules, but it is only seen as official when you get it into the Wappenrolle.

If you're not a nobleman and get a coat of arms, you are a weirdo here. Making a good coat of arms for your town, village or whatever is better spent time

Dammit Australia, they're retarded enough without you helping them.

All I'm saying is that most people on Sup Forums that post their "family crest" are posting someones coat of arms.
And most people other places are doing the same it's not unique to Sup Forums.

I'm a direct descendant from the Austrian line of Spanish Kings (Trastamara-Habsburg) so I got that going for me

Daily reminder that there was no such a thing as a "Family Crest" during the middle ages, this is a modern thing.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Molesworth,_1st_Viscount_Molesworth

You mean they just google their name and use the first entry?
I thought they at lest designed one themselves and pretend it's real

WE

Tell us why your family seems to insist on fucking the world for the last 300 years.

And how the fuck did you get beholden to the goddamn Rothschilds?

And last names only came around becausr almost all men were called either william or john. No bs.

It's a mix of both they aren't regulated at all in the US so sometimes they buy them from someone that designs them sometimes they just find a coat of arms online that was someones that has the same surname and use that.

WAZ POMPUS BRITBONGS

If you're not from a noble family, then fuck off, peasant.

We stopped fucking the world after the war of Spanish succession, blame the French House of Bourbon jews for that shit now.

I'm related to marie Antoinette on mothers side. and the de lara/ui'neill on my fathers side

You're just mad that your family crest would have an abbo sniffing petrol on it

If Im part royal, but also a piece of shit (objectivley), then britbong bloodlines mean jack shit except for flogging antiques on Antiques Soul-less Boomer Magnet on Wheels show

Yes Goyim, forget your heritage and family name *rubs hands*

Worse, nose of fancy dude looks very jewish

>Pic related

> Thinks that hooked nose is a Jewish trait
If that is true, then say goodbye for most important figures in European history, specially during the Roman Empire.

You should actually post the crest, it looks good

I got mutted anyway, Octaroon Maori, at least through that Im build like a brick shithouse.

Cant zoom in, hold up

Here is mine

yeah?

I don't know whether my name was Slavic or Germanic first

Westerners don't have families anymore.

There are so many who in truth are the sons of their mother's boss or manager, which is part of the reason why nu-males look so much like Jews.

Mommy wanted that raise more than she loved daddy.

And the nu-male was born.

Best I can do :/

hows this

Got a few vicounts, thats something at least

MARKET TOP DETECTED

We get it, you’ve mentioned that a dozen times already

> "part royal"
> bloodlines mean jack shit, because my behaviour!

> . . . octaroon

Can't keep shit straight for 2 straight posts, and you think you deserve a coat of arms? How about two pieces of shit crossed in the back, with the medical symbol for down-syndrome in the front being wrapped by a snake?

I made it up when i was a kid, and consider this my personal sign, colors vary

based. 10/10

Never seen saudi bantz before. Im impressed

Yeah, i do have one, but I don't want faggots looking up my family

Yes, 2 different crests depending on the branch of the family. There are some reproduction of it in manuscripts since the year 1123. It sounds cool but don't worry my ancestors since at least 1800 were poor farmers.

Mate, only old Britbongs and fags actually care about shit like family lines. Its how your raised and the choices you make that count, and I can make bantz about my heritage and myself because Im not an insecure POS.

Couldnt even remember any of them and googled them right then, dont even know what a Viscount is, and dont care for anything to do with Britan/Europe, or Leafistan :P

If your family is old enough for a crest, there would be so many members now that No one could find who you are.

This thread is getting faggy. Lets shift it elsewhere, whats the equivalent in Saudistan for Houses and Crests?

Yes. It is quite famous and people all over the world looks to it with hope
youtube.com/watch?v=Mb5MjWZ7kxk

mine

Also, no one cares :) In a nice, non stalker way

Then you're in the wrong thread, faggot.

Here's mine OP.

>Making your own family crest
This is the most pleb thing you can do. Crests are for the aristocracy, if you don't have one already making your own is just pitiful.

yes, but an actual historical one, not that kanji tattoo tier shit.

Anyone with a line to Windsors, reminder, if we were Saudi royalty, we'd probably all have Lambos and Sand Castles to crash in right now.

They seem to have horders of princes, to the point that it kind of waters down to effect.

Also, we'd be in prison :D

> :P

Your's appears to be a variation of mine, mine is the oldest.

I do. And after researching what it meant and who my kin were, I jumped into what my ancestors did for centuries. It was the easiest transition into a new skillset ever.

Also, heritage points mean fuck all if the kingdom falls. Kill the spic princess and come back here Tellytubby, then we can talk.

You either have one or you don't. It's just a bit weird to cook one up, but then again if you want a signet ring or something of the sort someone's got to start it.

what spic princess

Do you suppose the aristocrats crests just materialized it off then air you dumb fuck?

>No goyim don't have any family pride
>Family pride is white supremacy
>Reeeee

I have a family crest that goes back hundreds of years and I also do heraldic research for our local municipal public library.

Just some tips: Don't trust google when it comes to Heraldry. Americans in particular are really bad at getting fooled by crests on "family crest websites." Even though things are not as strict here as in Britain, a family crest usually has to be passed down. If you didn't receive it from your father, the image you found online probably doesn't belong to you. That being said, in America we have the liberty to design our own crests and not have to go through the College of Arms like in the UK. So go ahead and make a crest, but please follow the rules of Heraldry and don't make it look retarded.

Never ever put a family crest on a car or jacket. A family crest is not to be thrown around like a slogan or bumper sticker. It's a very personal historical symbol that belongs to your family and should be kept in the household. At most it can be used as a seal on very important documents. I had an artist make a custom copy of our crest and framed it, it sits on our mantle and that's it. I'll pass it down to my son at the right time as it was passed down to me.

If you're incredibly rich you can be like pic related and put your crests and symbols on your horse like a knight in brittany. But i doubt anyone here is that successful.

can you get anymore pretentious?

Sorry, forgot, your nigs claimed her as a black princess. Shes with prince Mongrel Boozehead Ranga features

You could include some chains and watermelon in yours, it could be fun.

And don't forget that pride is one of the greatest sins and the devil relishes in it. Crests are for tradition and respect for your heritage, not pride in things you didn't do and simply inherited.

Announcing Sir Faggoty Mc Fagfeatures of le 56% Lane

This

That's some quality autism right there user

My family crest is historical and has fishes on it, the fish is called a "Gurnet" which is similar to my surname. The knight depicting my ancestor pictured has a fish shaped crest on top of his helm, so stylish.

Posting in a WE datamining thread.