Why didn't Watashiya contiue Kodomo no Jikan?

It was by far her most successful series and she ended it at just 13 volumes. Why? It could've easily gone on for a lot longer.

Poll for pic related: strawpoll.me/12764408

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-07-06/kodomo-no-jikan-manga-kickstarter-campaign-ends-with-usd185725/.104004
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i blame the head editor of the manga company she worked with... and with all that anti-loli legislation that was going on in Japan starting in 2008 and its culmination in 2013.

KnJ could have continued like ToLoveRu though,

Loli has never been illegal in Japan. Do you think Watashiya was just scared off into quitting the series because of the hubbub?

And do you agree the series ended too soon?

I really like how she started off as a cute girl, and then got a flabby butt as a teenager - as many girls do.

Great character dynamics, instead of making her perfect.

I don't agree. Her flabby butt doesn't suit her cuteness.

I felt the ending was a bit too safe. It would have been more interesting if they got together while she was still his student, and had to deal with the consequences of that. Or even a bitter-sweet ending where they didn't get together at all.

I get wanting a saccharine, happy ending so as to not upset anyone (except tumblrinas who still think that their relationship is "problematic"), but it's not terribly interesting.

This is pretty stupid, I realize, but her impossible hair always turned me off the whole story. I couldn't take it seriously just because of that huge hair on her head.
That said, this is probably the manga that made me a lolicon, all by itself.

>It would have been more interesting if they got together while she was still his student
That's what she originally wanted except editor-san or some other external power shat all over that. It's why there was a timeskip and Rin still looked the exact same.

Maybe she'll wind up doing what the Oreimo author did and make a carbon copy version with an obvious loophole exploit like "oh she looks nine but is really eighteen."

Seriously? Do you have the source?
That's pretty lame, if it's true.

I would have liked a follow-up manga about with them navigating their taboo (illegal, even) relationship

As an artist, I can tell you that as soona s you realize what kind of people you attract with loli or shota, you end the project asap and never do something like that again.

Same for the Unteralterbach guy.

How is that a flabby bum? It looks perfectly fine.

story time?

And it was pretty obvious what was the intended audience for Unteralterbach...

I have the feeling that's going to happen with pretty much anything. I do see your point though, it's very likely even worse with stuff like loli or furry.
I think it is better not to engage with your audience most of the time.

Considering how much Watashiya loved and was loved by her fans, I don't see your point.

Just like most loli authors out there, Nishi Iori's fans always treat him like a celebrity and lolicons fans of Ichigo Mashimaro treat Barasui like a king.

Just looking at some of the autism lords in the drawthreads here I can start to imagine the kinds of people that would gather around a loli artist.

Maybe the mentality is different between western and eastern fans. Just talking out of my ass here though, maybe they're both equally horrible

I just saw a Manga with the same style that Watashiya used in used in Kodomo, I unjustly reasoned that she had been broken by her prior experience and didn't follow through.

Has she done anything worth reading since her magnum opus?

Why did you want it to go longer? I think the last chapters happened a bit quickly but the ending was fine the way it is.

Stories don't need to go on forever. They finished the plot and it was time to end.

I agree. Those moralfags like Agnes Chan and Governor Eat-shit-haha really did a lot of damage during those days. Good thing some people like Ken Akamatsu fought back.

t. a triggered pedo burger

Joou-sama no Eshi is okay

>That's what she originally wanted except editor-san or some other external power shat all over that.
Does shit like that happen? If someone ever told me that i have to change anything about my novels, i would loose my shit and do something immature and stupid. Who the hell do these people think they are, telling real artists how they should do their work?

Why burger? I didn't say anything particularly American.

Not a burger btw

Isn't it better that it ended, albeit possibly too soon, rather than continued just to get run into the ground?

What happened with this?

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-07-06/kodomo-no-jikan-manga-kickstarter-campaign-ends-with-usd185725/.104004

The kickstarter was successful.
The English translation is getting released this summer

This very much. We dont need a bunch of assholes grinding out stupid joke of the week sitcom bullshit that goes nowhere for 20 years.

Im still waiting on my signed figure i grabbed from it. Kinda mad they have it in storage right now but arent sending it till they send the manga itself. Ill be right pissed if they box it all together and it gets damaged from 10 pounds of books.

well that's good. and here I thought Sup Forums is already infested with triggered anti-pedos.

The series ended fine.

I'm so glad this manga got as popular as it did. I got into it because of the controversy surrounding it, but you can really tell how muh Watashiya loves all of her characters. I don't think you can chalk the $180k+ up to just "lol, pedos!". It really is something special.

Discussing new chapters on Sup Forums as they were released were good times.

Feel sorry that I missed it. I had a Sup Forums "dry-spell" from 2010-2013. I did keep up with it on some forum tho (can't recall which one), but I'm sure this place would have been even more fun.

>Does shit like that happen?
You did not spend enough time on this world if you really have to ask dumb shit like that.

Are there raws out there? I couldn't find any.

I had no problem with the ending and found it weird people got their panties in a knot over it.

I dont think they did

You can tell from the creasing lines between her buttocks and thighs. Her butt doesn't have a round, even shape, it's squishy and flabby.

I like to think we loli-comrades can understand and support each other no matter what shitty country we come from.
I come from the cold, harsh, anti-loli wastes of Canada, yet God's grace still shone on me and turned me into a lolicon.

Ended too soon

So, OP pic is after the timeskip, I suppose? So Rin has hit puberty and her butt is full of baby fat. That would explain the flabby rump.

However, I seriously wonder if Watashiya just trolled her fans. OP pic is from that new daki that ships to the premium backers of the kickstarter. I can't imagine any of them wanting Rin to have a butt like that.

The characters in her current manga are a bit older, so maybe her style shifted a bit.

Got a source on that?

Going by interviews she claim's that the series "reached it's natural conclusion", which is spic speak for "sales were down, wrap it up".

The woman comes off like a petulant woman-child in interviews, so it would make sense that she would attract such people.

>$180,000 can't just be "lol pedos"

Oh, you naive fool.

Pedos are a lot like furries. You don't know how they do it, but they have a lot of money to just throw around for their fetish

>You don't know how they do it
They work?

When I think of these people, I think crazed shut in buried under piles of semen tissues, not upstanding citizens who just so happen to be people we shouldn't let near schools

You're pretty naive, then.

Hollywood has a huge pedo problem. Trump and the Clintons both are said to have history with pedophilia.

I want to blame moms in general for Hollywood's pedo problem. After 1000s of years of mothers whoring out their children to marry rich old people for a status boost this was the logical end point.

I'm assuming that the rich pedos are doing other things than reading mangoes...

also, pedophilia isn't a fetish. I don't think you can compare pedos to furries

Hollywood's "pedo problem" is likely a few bigshots who get away with it because they're rich. People make it sound like everyone in Hollywood is in on fucking kids.

Editor's job is to edit your work so it's not too offensive to ignorant mass.
This including offensive shitty writing.

It's more like the natural human preference for males of our species to seek out the most promising potential mate. Younger girls tend to be more desirable because of their youth and the ability to influence them more easily.

Why does her butt sag?

He wanted to do something else