So Sup Forums what's your local anime store?

So Sup Forums what's your local anime store?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=30nfka8J8Y0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>wanting to reveal my power level
i live in a small town

oh and btw this should belong in the buyfag thread you'll get mroe responses

I have no idea, even though I live in a decent-sized city.
This guy's right. I'd never want to be seen by other people while watching anime, even though I doubt they'd know me or care.

I don't know or care.

it's a filthy den where lowlifes gather to play TCG while smoking indoor, finishing the condition of merchandise that is already below trash due to constant exposure to sunlight

to be fair I hang out with weebs and what not back in highschool. but i never told them or denied that i watch it too just to avoid joining in conversation.

Autists

I'm afraight of visiting a big manga/anime store because I'd kill myself if I had to interact with people like this

That place looks autistic as fuck.
I want to go there.

Closest thing is a Forbidden Planet store an hour away from me. Of the two floors it has, only one small corner of it has any manga. The rest is typical western shit

>rural Australia
top kek the idea of a shop you buy anime in is almost ridiculous to me

Oh hey I live there. I was right to avoid this shop.

I was in town the day this opened, there was autism everywhere, I think the average bmi of the city increased considerably.

Good night, knight.

>wasting money on phisical things.

oy goy.

JUST A SMALL TOWN user
LIVIN IN A LONELY WORLD

Mine carries exclusive Skrillex Zoro plushies.

The only one I know is Image Anime in Manhattan and all they sell is localized DVD, blue rays, normal fag Anime items and Gundam, lots of fucking Gundam.

Bit overpriced, but I don't mind paying a bit more for the brick and mortar feel. It's a 10 minute drive away. Plus, it kinda evens out. Shipping to Australia isn't cheap. On top of that, it's still cheaper compared to say, Toys World. Hobby tools are more expensive though. They tend to not stock a lot of MGs though.

I don't know if there's other, better dedicated weeb stores around Brisbane other than "nerd" stores that occasionally have scales, nendos, or manga in their stock.

When to Sydney for the new years, and they have a much better store. A friend took me to it, Hobbyco, I think. The place's fucking packed.

zombster's shit, just order online, Mr Toys has some, but it's mostly garbage selection. I buy my manga from Dymocks in the city anyway.

I think Coco's Calm Tuesday is a good way to avoid loud and obnoxious people with their entry level tastes, does this make me an autist?

HMV

lol

Пражская?

>small town of 500k residents
>not a single anime shop
>Only one gamestore

Oh well

Now closed, Thank god for that. if you are in ontario or toronto city go Anime Extreme or that store next to it that sells Anime statue and figures.

Comic Alley (aka Bootleg Alley), though I don't buy from there anymore. I heard rumors that Animate may open up shop here in a few years but I don't know if that will happen (they already have shops in Thailand).

This reminds me of my brother who will cosplay characters like Edware Elric and run around with a group of cosplayers in Chicago's Chinatown. He shames our family greatly.

>empire with 2 shops

Which one?

There's a big tower that gather lots of different stores, music, gaming, wrestling and anime. They mostly sell bootlegs. There's one worth store that has a true oldfag collector.

That's cheating

There is probably a single anime shop in the whole country.
And that is probably 300 km away from where I live.

I long to find other people who share my interests, but if they're anything like me I'll probably hate them.

Why is it so popular there?

This is the closest we have that isn't located inside of a Western Comics and TCG hall. There used to be a dedicated anime store in the same mall, but that moved to a different location.

What's that

hello

Iiterally doesn't exist. No, not in my city. In the whole country.

Do you seriously not recognize the holy land?

Crusade when?

Are those sold as real weapons?

We shall meet at the cross, brother

I have plenty of money for one.
But I'm afraid to go alone.

I believe so, the wall displays might be dull edged, but I'm pretty sure the katanas are already sharpened, and they'll sharpen any blades you bring in apparently.

Comic alley, they sell overpriced, so I never bought anything but a poster.

Ну да.

This place.
However it's run by rude assholes that look down on your purchases and it tends to overprice every single figure it stocks so I'm not too keen on it.

We have one. It's full of bootleg stuff.

This.

Comic Alley?

My local mall had an anime/goods store up until a few years ago, it was run by an AsAm guy in his 50s.

I think there's only one anime-related store in my entire country, and I wouldn't be seen dead there. When anime is that "underground" in your country, hiding your power level becomes all the more important.

Even if there is one. I'm too shy to buy those things.
I get jealous when I see anons having figurines and posters that I will never get because of my anxiety.

I witness the same level of autismo at places where Warhammer and MtG fags gather.

There are some nearby Newbury Comics store nearby along with pic related which I have never heard of until today.

Don't have one in the entire country.

>mfw halo fans and WH40K fans start arguing which verse would win a fight

Fuck, if that's true then I hope they open up here already. Comic Alley only got mainstream items that's really popular back in 2010 or something.

>Hi im from China I came here because I love this...
>Pikachew

I live in a very large metro area with at least 2.8 million people.
We used to have at least 5 in my area, but last I checked there all gone now

I live in Brooklyn and don't know of any here or Manhattan.
Of course I don't go looking for them, but I've never come across any.

Why would Halo fans be there? That's hardly a mainstay of the tabletop scene.

This. Sup Forums is filled with more self-loathing than any place I know, why would we want to find more people like us when we hate ourselves?

Holy shit BBC used to stand for something.

>500k residents
>Only one gamestore
Are you a shitskin?
I've got dozens of them in 1.5 million city.

WonderGoo is probably the nearest one

Perfect location, literally at the epicentre of everything and still located in an underground maze to be conveniently discreet. Also mostly a tcg/rpg shop so the concentration of cancer is at tolerable levels.

People who have enjoyed HALO can enjoy other things too. Maybe they're there for comics, or MtG, or Pathfinder...

>leaving my basement

TokyoToys is cancer, their prices are usually 200-300% of the original value and even then only 20% of the store merchandise is genuine. The other 80% is chink bootlegs

Bongland is generally shit for buyfagging though
>GSC stops going to MCM
>"Official UK GSC distributor" attends instead
>£100 for Snow Owl Miku Nendoroid
>£100 for Aquamarine Charlotte 1/8 Bunny Ver

Cozy

Literally nothing here in South East England

Thank fuck for that

I wish every country had a mandarake store. Or something similar.

Nice little place called Akiba Underground in the town of Clinton, Connecticut. Just opened last year, its actually really cool to have an anime shop in Connecticut (before that it was just generic comic shops or FYE in this state), doubly so out in a small town so you don't have to drive to shithole city or mall. Its a small place but really nice and lots of heart.

L-E-to the-L

Based Broadcasting Corporation.

Why did you capitalise Halo like that? It isn't an acronym.

I could only find like one store which sold scales for Nakano's Mandarake stores, are there more?

Fuck another finnish.

I love how I recognise this by thumbnail alone

Feels good my parents love going to jp so I get go every year

But the Mecca is kind of terrible for buying scales

There are such things as anime stores?

I don't even have a comic book store near me.

fugg :DD

Where I live you would your head bashed in for saying you like anime, which is the way the world is supposed to fucking work, so we don't have "anime" stores

What is 2getto?
Dubs?

Friki Plaza in Mexico

They sell delicious Japanese food

I love how they pick out the least autistic looking guy there as an example of a supposed autist

Are non-autists the real autists?

Yeah, it says like "Couldn't get dubs today either".

Sup Forums is a whites only board

Nope

Did you even /spa/?

Get out.

Toronto is full of chinks and weebs but it has not a single good anime store. The shitty Navito World doesn't count.

I live across the street from a Kinokuniya. It's comfy as fuck even though ordering from Amazon would be cheaper these days.

/spa/ is the greatest thing to ever happen, because now every time someone on Sup Forums says "hurr amerifats are so dumb" I know odds are it's just a fucking mexican.

I usually buy my manga from my LCS while I get my standing order of Sup Forums things which also sells light novels but there is an anime shop in my city but it just seems to specialize in nothing bu figurines.