Was this an asspull?

Was this an asspull?

Can rubber really be immune against 100 million volts?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zck-YrzGPpA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Can rubber really be immune against 100 million volts?
Nope
>youtube.com/watch?v=zck-YrzGPpA

But what if its a Super Human Rubber?

It's as possible as a guy eating a fruit that grants him reality-bending powers

Its almost as if its a cartoon

Why is the artstyle so much better here?

>O MY RUBBER NEN
rubber in anime can do whatever the fuck you want

Not an asspull. People must have seen it mile away. It is just overexeggared property of rubber.

If we want to talk asspulls, there is Zoro's Ashura.

Gear 2nd is too in that sence that we had no idea Luffy could pump his blood, but it still has simple explanation in relation of his fruit.

Because timeskip fucked the artstyle up the big time. Fuck post TS Luffy.

Even if you have full immunity against electrical charge, it would still heat up the air. Rubber is nothing against such hot air.

The best thing to do against lightning is to redirect it to the ground using a copper/gold suit

I have to disagree with the popular notion that Oda's drawing worse now than before. The first couple hundred chapters were really rough and had worse framing, composition, linework and use of detail. Oda also had trouble with proportions and staying on model up until Enies Lobby. Compared to early One Piece, the current art is more solid and rich and generally more pleasant to look at. The only negative I can think of is the lack of dynamic or 'wild' perspective in action scenes.

>shonen logic

Typical children cartoon logic. Don't think too much about it.

He shot non-lethal 100 million volts so it believable.

Luffy's face was so much better back then. He seems more of a baby post timeskip.

listen most people's physics came from pokemon

If Luffy can get his hand stuck in molten gold without any harm I don't think him being fine after 100 million volts is that far fetched

PROPERTIES

OF

Oda stopped giving a fuck.

So, when Enel is coming back?

RUBBER

Yes and so was the talking boat

It's called asspull.

You never read any shonen for a sensible plot. If that's what you came for, then you'll be sorely disappointed.

>implying pedo clown isnt a parody of mugiwara rufi

Insulators have a threshold value after which they become conductors. This is called dielectrical breakdown. Rubber is 215 kV/mm.
Let's assume Luffy's chest cross secction is 20 cm. That means the voltage necessary to cause a dielectrical breakdown in Luffy's chest is 43 millon volts. More than that and electricity forms an arc through the rubber, and generating enough heat to burn it down in the process.
As an electrical engineer, that chapter gave me brain cancer.

>It's called asspull.
You have no idea what that word means.

so basically its not that its impossible but it went overboard?

it wouldnt call that an asspull but as said it was way too convenient and fucked up the balance in-universe (see smoke).
the real asspull is the inclusion of haki. at this point the fruit devils became the equivalent of bleach's plotkai.

Yes. Oda more than doubled rubber's dielectrical resistance. And this is assuming the highest posible dielectrical resistance for rubber.

and at that point luffy wasnt that monster of a fighter

AND

i'm no engineer but shouldn't we already have known it was doubled since ike it the first chapter he bounce bullets. wait does it matter that they weren't pointed for more penetration?(It sound stupid just asking but humor me)

GUM

FUCK YOU BEAT ME TO IT

>Can rubber really be immune against 100 million volts?

No. The thermal energy given off at such a high voltage would normally vaporise you.

It's not impossible because guns in OP universe still use blackpowder, even a thick leather could stop those. People surviving gun duels wasn't uncommon when those guns were used.

No and No.

It's a cartoon with a magical fruit. Dont think that hard.

>wait does it matter that they weren't pointed for more penetration?
Yes, energy behind the bullet
Surface area of the bullet
The weight of luffy
So you can imagine what a armor piercing bullet would do to rubber.

but under that logic then asspulls would be impossible on fictional worlds

Exaggerating a well know property of rubber is hardly an asspull.

Ashura is the effect of the demonic sword.

it can't and even if it could

>I'm an natural insulator so electricity doesn't work on me
>oh and I can bypass your intangibility too for some reason lmao

thank god haki exists now

odas gotten old and senile and has lost his touch

The new art is actual more detailed and generally more technically improved, but it can become cluttered with all the dark areas, making understanding what's happening at a glance harder. Look at OP's image and notice how much white space there is.

I find this issue is actually almost completely solved in the colored version.

not when it comes to MC power.
ass pull means it came from no where. Luffy being Living rubber isn't an ass pull but it is silly. I mean look at Sanji's foot, it doesn't burn because his heart is also on fire.

>inflation of panels per page
>squiggly lines
>charater desings getting silier each year

>asspull

It's almost like people don't understand what this word means.....

The heat is the real problem, but in terms of voltage, Luffy clearly isn't some kind of common rubber.

I mean he's able to stretch almost indefinitely.

No shit, it isn't meant to be taken literally. I'm sure if you watched HxH and seen Killua fuck around with electricity it would have given you an aneurysm. The point is that rubber on some level is a good insulator against electricity. It's taken to the extreme because it's a fucking fantasy Mongolian scripture.

No it wasn't an asspull. Luffy has been made out of rubber since day one. It was set up from the start. Anyone with half a brain would have seen this coming. If we want to talk about shameless asspulls we can talk about how Ichigo is a Quincy/Human/Fullbringer/Hollow/Shinnigami hybrid. The quincy bit is especially ridiculous, since it came out of no where and was just written into his mother's backstory for the sole purpose of giving him some lineage back to Ywatch.

>I mean look at Sanji's foot, it doesn't burn because his heart is also on fire.

Not sure what you mean, but Sanji's burning leg has to do with extreme friction. When he first used the ability in CP9 he would spin around until his foot was red hot. Ridiculous, but at least it makes some sense.

If anything the number 1 biggest asspull in One Piece is Zoro's random ass demon aura in CP9.

nigga what the fuck is this picture

I feel like his flame shit will be explained as him being a vinsmoke. All of them have elemental abilities