ITT: Unacceptable power-ups

entire dragon ball super

Gon-san

Any of the schtustaffel volstandigs in bleach.

Take your redditfrog someplace else.

happy?

I actually like this who would of that he of his power would be that great doesn't matter though in the end he just got cucked from the story.
Although that is one of the most memorable episodes to me.

>Make an arc where the main villain is a demon who was once human
>He became a demon to obtain eternal youth
>Main crux of the arc is how it ultimately corrupted him
>Genkai literally begs Yusuke to not to do the same thing as she dies
>Culminates in Yusuke rejecting Togoro's choice and saying he looks forward to growing old with Keiko
>Next arc
>Yusuke becomes a demon
>Heavily implied he got eternal youth along with it
>Yusuke doesn't even care, just wants to go to demon world and get his fight boner on

I know not that clear cut since Togoro actively chose to be come a demon while it just sort of happened to Yusuke, but way to shit on an entire arc's worth of character growth and lessons.

pretty much this retracted everything about working hard naruto
I'd bite but I don't have the picture sorry guys.

the way he treated keiko infuriated me. keiko rightfully BTFO'd him before he left.

I CAN'T GET BACK TO HER UNTIL I KNOOOOOOOOOOOW

I couldn't stop laughing. Stopped reading Naruto but still catched up later. In like 3-4 chapters we learn that the shinobi are descent of aliens and that Naruto and Sasuke are the reincarnation of two of them. And of course we are supposed to believe the story has always been about that even though there was no build up at all.

Gon-san and even O my rubber nen at least make some sense given the framework of nen. At least go for the low hanging fruit that is Nanika.

Nanika is less of a power up and more of a retarded plot device

>of course we are supposed to believe the story has always been about that even though there was no build up at all.
true I mean they did kinda imply every other character that came before and were similar to naruto and sasuke had that chakra to futhermore just taking a shit on their hardwork.
but does kinda explain why everybody is naruto and sasuke.

Naruto is a manga about a main cheating character who in the end didn't get the girl he vowed to get, and submit to fate, proving that Neji was right all along.

The whole damn story was about a failure of a character.

Think of it as metacommentary for how Togashi was feeling after being forced to continue the series. The Dark Tournament arc was about idealistically not sacrificing everything in order to be the best where he'd pretty much gave up his passion, integrity, etc. by the time the Demon World arc came around and just really didn't care anymore and was just in it to give people what they wanted.

This is how you spot a salty NaruSakufag.

He is the strongest human in the world, the problem arises from the fact he is best friends with demon lords and gods

>want to mention Toriko and it's retarded escalation
>remember that it executes it in the best most gratuitous way possible
Though I will mention giving EVERYONE that vague Back-Channel quantum manipulation power was stupid.

Toriko did something similar, turns out those bird/lizardmen things from before the timeskip were actually AYY LMAO trolls who have been 'ripening' the planet for thousands of years like a fruit, hence all the weird food-like changes that took place in the natural environment (vegetable gardens in the sky, ponds filled with soup stock, seas of wine and beer)

>Neji was right all along.
oh shit I completely forgot destiny is pre-determined, maybe thats why kishi killed him regardless he was a perfect character to kill at that momment.
I think he was referring to obito.

I don't get it from a power leveling sense or their cause they always on the same page as far as who the bad guys were.
what do you mean?

>get the girl he vowed to get
Hew didn't vow anything in regards to her. The only real goals he never shut up about in the manga was getting Sasuke to chill and becoming Hokage. He achieved both.

>>remember that it executes it in the best most gratuitous way possible
It's done with complete lack of substance or build up. Made it feel empty, shallow and pointless.

>Neji robbed of an I told you so moment by random death

People need to stop crying about Nanika period.

>I actually like this who would of that he of his power would be that great doesn't matter though in the end he just got cucked from the story.
I feel like I lost IQ points just reading this

ok

>I actually like this who would of that he of his power would be that great doesn't matter though in the end he just got cucked from the story.
What?

Anyway, it was just a stupid plot device that showed up 2 times and then never showed up again. As soon as Kuwabara, Hiei and Kurama were trapped by Sensui's loverboy it was so obvious how it would end. You would think that SACRED ENERGY would be this huge deal but nope, it's never mentioned again after Sensui dies.

I will say that the entire concept of conditions in nen doesn't make any fucking sense. Who are they making these conditions with, some secret nen god? All you have to do is promise to yourself to use your power in a certain way and you get a huge power boost? Stupid.

Yeah this one is stupid too.

Water forced through a tiny hole comes out faster. Same premise.

No it's not.

Nobody else's fault but your own if you're that dumb.

I was typing fast I apologize but I'm sure you got what I meant.
anyway didn't Koenma say that Yusuke's energy was similar to Sensui's in the final arc of course it still wasn't explained but it was still got mentioned. I guess it doesn't with the outcome his fight.

>anyway didn't Koenma say that Yusuke's energy was similar to Sensui's in the final arc of course it still wasn't explained but it was still got mentioned.
It's said that it's a mixture of spirit and demon energy

For whatever reason it takes on that same yellow hue

Pretty sure the conditions are less about the contract itself and more about the resolve. I imagine if someone tries halfassing some condition, regardless of what was put up on exchange, it probably would mean much if they weren't serious about it. Nen can also act independently of its user, so most likely the contract is with themselves to solidify their resolve as nen is an extension and reflection of the individual.

The entirety of Dragon Ball Super.

>shinobi are descent of aliens
Just the Senju, Uchiha, Uzumaki, and Kaguya clans.

Yeah but chakra is the result of kaguya eating the magic apple or whatever

But what I'm saying is it doesn't make sense because it doesn't seem to come from any sort of physical source. It's like creating new energy

What was wrong with them? They were Yhwach's elite guard, it made perfect sense for him to have OP power-ups.

Luffy's Gear 2nd
>inb4 HURR bla bla
That powerup was created between the Ao Kiji encounter and Water 7, so it was like 2 days max off panel, without any training and it also doesnt even fit the character of Luffy to think about his DF powers.
It was the definition of asspull.

And Hagoromo spread chakra to everyone else through Ninshu.

He's right though

Look, I like analogies as much as the next guy, but using gravity and the properties of liquids to justify magic auras getting powered up when you make promises to it is not an argument.

He's equal to Super Saiyan Blue Goku

randomly

Would have

How strong is Goku in Super now? Can he beat Superman yet?

This

I will NEVER understand HxH fan.

>We're great friends, you know
NO YOU FUCKING AREN'T
This is an insult to all of Naruto's actual friends. Sasuke is some kid he felt jealous of as a kid, then they were on the same team for a couple of months and a had a rivalry where they barely tolerated being in each other's presence. That's it.

That IS what's going on.

If nen is literally the soul energy you generate through your focus and resolve, why the hell wouldn't making a promise to yourself to boost your focus and resolve generate more of it?

Because promises are just language

By that logic, how strict the condition is wouldn't matter, only the resolve the user has in filling it, which is not true in the series.

Why did they change to white hair in the anime? He looked much better with black hair in the manga.

I thought the point was that he improvised it after getting BTFO earlier?
Also, the door dude is the fucking most useful overpowered son of a bitch in One Piece, and his power is wasted on a team of jobbers

entire Dragonball* , DBS doesn't have any asspulls yet

>entire dragon ball super
Kys

If someone has great resolve they will have great nen abilities by default, or at the very least, great potential. Which is obvious and very clear in the series, so you're right.

There are some people who have kickass nen powers without any condition as all, and that's why.

Conditions just put it over the top. They make a crappy ability good and a good ability great.

Uncertain. Goku is canonically a universe buster now, but he hasn't traveled explictly FTL yet (Whis does it on a regular basis however) also Goku can be scratched by a bullet if he's not paying attention, it appears his body is not harder than it was when he was a kid, but he can tank universe buster attacks if he channels KI through his body

Frieza never trained a day in his life, but when he did he was able to close a huge gap of power in a small amount of time.
17 was stronger than Frieza after he got his enhancements, is it really that hard to believe that he'd become just as strong if not stronger if he trained over 10 years?

Even though it was hilarious it's still gay as fuck.

Escannor-fags will defend this.

Everybody has a certain capacity of nen, some can be larger than others. As it goes with nearly everything, It can be expanded upon through practice and training.

Nen conditions can allow you to skip out on training to achieve great gains but the catch is what you are willing to sacrifice to acquire such power.

It's made explicitly clear that the strictness of the condition and the punishment for breaking the condition determines the strength of the condition by the guy who taught Kurapika. Otherwise he would have never even needed a condition since he clearly had, like, infinite resolve. And Kurapika self-admitted that he has little fighting skill to cow man. So resolve does not determine nen potential.

And besides, my main argument is still that there's not physical source for this power. How does a promise translate into something nen can understand? Is there a nen god who they make covenants with?

Yeah, it's not like red, blue, golden or rose ever happened.

>this retracted everything about working hard
that happened much earlier, bud
around the time he gained access to the nine tails' chakra that was thrown out the window

Well, he ends up jobbing which makes it all bearable.

Aka my opponent is way stronger than me so i need an extra rule to make it legit. Otherwise how can my scenario goes on ahah amirite

Since you seem determined to latch on to physical explanations for a spiritual power, allow me to make an analogy.

I'll rephrase something you yourself said to showcase exactly how what you're saying doesn't really jive.

>By that logic, how much steroids they take wouldn't matter, only how strong the body of the person doing the lifting is, which is not true in the series.

Do you see how that's kind of dumb? Yeah raw strength is what makes the magic happen, but the ability to unlock hidden reserves as a shortcut isn't exactly that mind-blowing.

You can be plenty strong WITHOUT taking the steroids if you want to work hard and have enough time to build up your body. But if you DO take the steroids, you're hardly magicking energy out of nowhere.

The resolve merely equates to potential. The condition allows you to access that potential quicker at a cost.

You need at least ~300 IQ to enjoy HxH.

true but them literally getting jesus powers completely nailed it in to ground then.

17 point close, fuck, i guess i'm retarded and i'll never enjoy the pinnacle of shonen quality

>How does a promise translate into something nen can understand?
do you know what nen and aura are?

Now he can only lose to plot convenience

to explain it simply its a boat full of maniacs with powers.

>~300 IQ
Is that in dogs IQ?

I made that statement to expose the flaw in your argument.

Even then, it's never certain who would come out in the end. Overall power is one thing, but battle smarts are imperative to even stand a chance. This world punishes meathead power freaks.

What flaw?

I honestly just straight up don't believe you right now.

Fucking idiot. This is one of the only actually acceptable ones

The phrase "By that logic" indicates you're using your opponent's premises to expose a contradiction in them. Hence, that statement is not what I thought, but exposing a flaw in what you are saying. In other words, from my perspective, you're arguing against yourself and I have no clue what point you're trying to make anymore

how does a robot train if they aren't organic. wouldn't he get upgrades? Or is he human now? I don't watch it, lol.

The flaw was with your own misunderstanding of what I said, which I clarified for you, dipshit.

You didn't understand what I said, so I made it easier for you.

That's not "arguing with myself", that's making sure you get what I was talking about in the first place, which you didn't or else you wouldn't have exposed that "flaw".

Why the fuck are you even trying to quibble with me about this anyway? Is your initial problem with the way conditions worked cleared up, or is it not?

Your insecurity about it isn't of any interest to me, I just want you to understand.

Is it? First time we see Escanor he was buffing even though they were in a dome of Eternal Darkness.

Also later we find out that Rhita can stores energy so he could have drained a bit of it.

yu yu kahusho was trash after the dark tournament

i wish yu yu hakusho kept going and became a demon hunting thing. the whole infinitely stronger demons in infinitely expansive universes sounds really cool.

Everything up until the the half-demon stuff was great. The theme he was going for was interesting but it is a battle shonen in the eve of Dragon Ball. It was gonna have to end with a big battle.

It's clearly not cleared up, and I don't know why you're getting so worked up over your own lack of debate skills. What I'm saying is the series simply does not support the interpretation that nen conditions work based on psychological resolve, and I think I've proven that. So how do they work?

Saying that they're spiritual is too vague, any thing is either physical or it's metaphysical (or it's just a logical concept). Nen is clearly physical; or, it has matter. Meaning that the increase in power has to come from somewhere. Psychological resolve as a medium between the language of a promise and the increase of power doesn't work (and that's a pretty shaky concept to start with anyway) so what is it?

To me, Togashi just doesn't seem to care about logic. As long as something has equal consequence from a writing perspective if it makes sense logically he's fine with it.

Except mine's only 190 and I enjoyed it.

I bet I just destroyed your worldview, fuckface, retards like me enjoy your favorite show too.

O my rubber nen.

17 and 18 are cyborgs and enhanced on a cellular level. They can get stronger for the same reason they can have kids.

>same reason they can have kids
Didn't she get wished human?

>but he hasn't traveled explictly FTL yet

I thought there was something about him outrunning a timestop?

My thoughts exactly. 17 doesn't belong in this thread.

Don't bother with HunterXHunter fanboys. They're the second worst Sup Forums fanboys there are and will defend everything in their beloved series.

All the time I wasted debating with people about the nuke asspull taught me that.

No. Krillin asks Shenron to turn them into humans, but he can't do it because it's beyond his power