Killing one figurehead alone leads to world peace

>killing one figurehead alone leads to world peace
Maybe not ending on that stupid note isn't such a bad idea?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/uauoksTrdqU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I think he said it was world peace just long enough for the world to try and rebuild itself.

Indeed. Just like the ending of Watchmen.

No fucking way I will watch everything a forth time. I hope they have a really long recap episode.

It was more about people trying to reach some kind od agreement and rebuilding the world together, not everlasting peace

He essentially made himself the new Hitler, so that killing him would allow the world to rebuild itself. Hitler's death lead directly to peace, and uneasy peace, but peace nonetheless.

do it
On a more serious note there's gonna be 3 recap movies with new scenes

>figurehead

when was the last time assassination made things better anyway?

usually globalists are the ones doing it, so never

>He essentially made himself the new Hitler
Wasn't he loved by the public at some point, because he got rid of the shitty aristocracy and freed the non-Britiannians?

He created a common enemy for anyone to blame for every bad thing in the world and then removed himself so everyone could have a convenient scapegoat, not to mention that (at least for a while) people would be too focused on fixing and rebuilding the world that he supposedly fucked up to have the time to kill each other and they would do everything in their power to prevent another tyrannical dictator from rising to power.
It's all temporary anyway and sooner or later people will go back to killing each other and some new asshole will show up trying to fill the void left by Lelouch.

Hitlers rule led to the ruination of Germany and much of Europe. while Lelouch Conquered the world and gave the Brittanians no reason to hate other than getting rid of the nobility

If anything the Brittanians are more likely to hate Nunnaly for undoing everything they fought and sacrificed for, not to mention nuking their capital

He wasn't ending all wars forever, he was just easing global tension in order to stop the forecoming major conflict between Britannia, the EU and China.

He first made the aristocrats angry by taking all their shit and then made the people angry by shitting on their expectation and opressing them.
Not to mention how he kidnapped the leaders of the free world and threatened to nuke anyone he didn't like.

It was before he started going full on dictator

It was mentioned that he started opressing his people soon after he got rid of the nobles.

His actions ensured that all the nation's power would be concentrated on him, so that when he "died" all the influence Britannia would have would crumble with him. He played the tyrant so that the population would actually be grateful to the other countries for getting rid of him, instead of them becoming retarded nationalists and initiating another war, like post treaty of Versailles Germany.

Not to mention many of the world's key players were acquainted and allies by the end of the war. It's kinda hard to backstab in that situation. I can see his death leading to peace since the only superpower left when Lelouch died would be the Chinese Federation, which had a sole ruler who would never start a war by herself and had all of her aides killed shortly before.

Mistakes there may be but Lelouch did think that one through.

>single ruler of the entire world
> = one figurehead
thanks for proving for the 16384th time that Code Geass is too complicated for haters

>It's kinda hard to backstab in that situation
Is that a challenge?

Will Ohgi get reedemed in S3?

If by redeemed you mean put down like the bitch he is, the yes.

Nobody likes this faggot, and S3 is pretty much fanservice. The only way he can avoid the blame at this point is if he was in cahoots with Lelouch the whole time and that would be an asspull of gigantic proportions.

I doubt he will get punished.
Lelouch probably doesn't even hold it against him.

Didn't leave britannia to the dogs? What's stopping the eurabs and chinese from going on the offensive?

Daily reminder that Lelouch is Tamaki tier in intelligence. Schnezeil M.A.D plan(heck the only people the fleia even killed were zombies under geass) is way way better than copying hitler.

nips still butthurt about getting nuked so they can't accept that the best way to ensure world peace is through nukes.

It's an anime not real world politics.

I think it goes without saying that GeoPolitics is not Code Geass's strength and that it's better treated as a science fantasy show.

Also, other absolute monarchies with war based economies and policies exist - what stops the European Union remnants from blowing the fuck out of each other? Does Brittania cede the territory they captured? Does China let India become independant? World peace is dependant on the whole world wanting it, not just the dominant force.

Yeah Hitler also had no standing army when he killed himself, which helped. If he did, Rommel or some other dick would have taken power.

Gavrilo Princip is a national hero of Serbia. Straight out murder is a celebrated commotion in some places.

Hitler was actually a great leader and well respected through out the world. Just assassinating Hitler would have done nothing. The German people were bullied into submission through years of oppression since the first World War and far after the second world war.

>those trips
Kek, Ohgi is gonna be piece of shit again

How do you think the main cast and the rest of the world are gonna react when lelouch pulls a Jesus and comes back

Code Geass is not realistic, what do you know? It's a silly story. ZR is just the ol' "be the bad guy for the greater good" anti-heroic shtick. The evil emperor Lelouch conquers the world, all hope is seemingly lost, but then the hero Zero miraculously appears and vanquishes him. Good conquers evil and there is peace. The end.

It's not supposed to be realistic, it's actually complete and utter bullshit. But it makes for a good story, so believe it.

Nukes secured peace, not Hitler. Without nukes, Europe would have been devastated by another war as soon as the Soviet would have been ready.

You mean as soon as America is ready for another war right?
Because that's exactly what always happen to countries without nukes and not under the direct protection of one willing to use them.
They get bullied and ravaged by burgers who invented bullshit to just to waste bullets and test new weapon tech.

nations had to give up their militaries to join the UFN.

Yeah, didn't they say something like if you spoke out against him they would kill your whole family?

>many of the world's key players were acquainted and allies by the end of the war

All hail the loligarchy.

Villain will expose Lelouch's gambit with the ZR to the public

this series sucked

refute this

>fourth time

Try 8 times ;_;

Hitler's death didn't even end WW2.

>Hitlers death resulted in peace

American education. You forgot major wars like Korean war and numerous others.

Granted, we didnt have WW3 but thats because of the atomic bomb. Even then it was bloody close to sparking

WHERE MY MOVIES AT? THEY PROMISED 3 RECAP MOVIES THIS YEAR AND YET THERE'S NOT A SINGLE TEASER OR SUM SHITE.

Are the movies going to include anything new?

All the movies I've seen add something here and there. BUT THE THING IS I WANT THEM NOW
>mfw they could change the r2 finale so r3 is possible

Of all the people who had it right in anime, it's this faggot. As real life shows us, the only way to achieve peace is through Mutually Assured Destruction.

Europe was more peaceful after Napoleon.

The world was more peaceful after Hitler.

Not completely peaceful but both cases showed objective improvements in terms of stability after eras of huge warfare.

Lelouch's fall will let people enjoy some years of progress, though obviously some new conflicts will happen later on.

Nunnally was backed by Schneizel and was his proposed alternative to Lelouch during the last arc, so any traditionalist Britannians will be willing to support her due to Schneizel's influence.

A shame how modern day narratives aren't that simple but you're right

>killing

Is he, dare I say, our guy?

>After killing millions and bombing people/production facilities to middle ages everyone stops fighting

No shit

why'd you want new Code Geass? They're better off making new shows of quality rather than recycling something that's good.
It ended as the author wanted, just because they want to make some easy money shouldn't be reason to do r3.

What did ohgi do wrong again? Was it in the ova?

I mean, they're already making R3 so might as well be good.
I don't want it tho, It ended well

Have they announced anything new about R3 recently? I haven't been keeping up but I have a feeling that if they haven't announced anything recently we won't be getting much until the end of summer

Nope. Last relevant thing was that teaser trailer

They are? I've been living under the rock since job has kept me too busy to check anything other than what's coming from horriblesubs, feels like I'm missing tons of new movies and occasional shows because I don't know any better

youtu.be/uauoksTrdqU
See for yourself my man

Lelouch has always been our God-Emperor.

Well it looks nice, so that's nice. I assume it's about the order cc belonged to, I'm just gonna throw wild guess it being about the gateway/heaven being destroyed and them being buttmad about it.

Worth nothing that it's not called R3 and there is no news on the format or dates.

Since years before that garbage board or its garbage "memes" existed

>Hitler's death lead directly to peace, and uneasy peace, but peace nonetheless.
As others pointed out, it didn't result in peace at all.

However, the supposed atrocities committed by the nazis are the reason we have the concept of human rights today. So Lelouch and Hitler are similar in making the world less divided.

Betrayed Lelouch by convincing the leadership of the Black Knights to betray Lelouch on the grounds of, "Hey, Zero's kinda shifty looking, and he has this magic power that he used to cause the SAZ massacre, as proven using this piece of easily doctored evidence that said that some dude named 'Lelouch' caused the massacre, nevermind the fact that none of us has actually seen Zero's face, nor the fact that all of this is coming from THE BRITANNIAN PRIME MINISTER. Oh yeah, he doesn't actually have any evidence for any of this besides that one piece, so we'll have to take the word of him and this enemy combatant I took advantage of when she was emotionally vulnerable due to amnesia."
Seriously.
Fuck Ohgi.

It didn't lead to a perfect world peace, but it did ensure that most conflicts never reached that scale again. Even the Korean War was a side show for the rest of the world, compared to the Pacific theater of WWII in full bloom which impacted far more nations.

The show itself literally said the peace would last for a generation at most.

Nigger what fucking peace.

It took 5 years for a new war to start that could have plunged us into a third world war. 10 years later we were on the brink of nuclear annihilation.

Hitlers death didnt cause that.

The fact that people and industry were bombed/killed to hell and back caused it

We were sick of fighting. US occupation and formation of pseudo EU played a part as well. You can say all you want about hitlers death but it has no part in real politiks

Well, in this fiction world, Britannia's capital has been blown up, Europe was conquered and China split into parts. There's probably some considerable damage to the related industry involved off-screen too

>Lelouch made himself Hitler and tried to fake his death for peace
>it failed and S3 is Hitler coming back to fix the world

What a dumb reason

Nunler is coming to save us all.

Retarded ending.
He was the leader of the whole world. he had the power to control anyone.
He could have made the world an utopia by himself

He was a dictator and that leads to corruption as well as getting killed.

He wanted the people to dictate their own future, not to be forced to go through his future or suffer stagnation.

When he was the dictator of the world he could have done a 180° and stop being an asshole and make the world a better place.
Now people will go back to fighting each others for the power, as man always did.

He didn't even need to take over the world. ZR was completely pointless, he was an enormous cunt for no good reason other than to satisfy his self-hatred.

People want freedom, user, not to be ruled by fear.

You can't keep people on a leash forever.

It gives the world a good scapegoat and weakens all military powers around the world, thus making it less likely they'll use force in the short term.

The thing is, man's battles do lead to progress. We are much better now than 50 or 100 years ago, let alone 500 or 1000

>He wanted the people to dictate their own future, not to be forced to go through his future
He literally did that though. The resulting world is the one he created through his actions and schemes. Lelouch is an enormous hypocrite.

My interpretation was that he just hoped to clear the deck, as it were. He didn't expect to stop all war forever, he just wanted to put an end to the old grudges and vendettas, so that people could start again.

The world didn't need a scapegoat. It was already largely united in the UFN. It was Lelouch that decided to antagonize the world with brute force. Everything he complains about, he's guilty of.

>But it makes for a good story

This is ostensibly the least important characteristic of any given anime, if it were up to Sup Forums.

The UFN might have collapsed without a final battle against Britannia, which was its original target, so he was its first real enemy beyond the small-scale battle in Tokyo. Having a heroic loss against Lelouch makes them more legitimate in the eyes of the world.

The Zero Requiem has to be one of the stupidest things in a dramatic anime I've ever seen. Did Lelouch really think a power vacuum that other powers would struggle to fill wouldn't occur as a result of his death? This ranks up with Koko's plan to end all war in terms of stupidity.

They were only ruled by fear because lelouch was playing the tyrant.
Once the whole world was in his hands all he had to do was being a good leader and make the world great.

man's battles lead to progress but not to peace nor to a good and fair world to everyone.
One can only gain ressources and control in other words power at the expense of others.

As far as I can remember Charles' speach was your point: war is necessary, the strong rises etc.
And against him Lelouch wanted a fair world for eleven, nunnaly etc.
Though even Charles said in the end that power struggle is trivial matters and all he cared about was his God stuffs from the start.

So as I said, lelouch was in position to make the world something but he died and as said it's all going to be a cycle again
lelouch did nothing in the end

It's only stupid if you totally ignore that Lelouch himself knows Zero Requiem is not meant to "freeze" history and end humanity's free will.

Power vacuums are not necessarily bad, especially when you only have the UFN to fill it. None of the big powers of the show are in shape to conquer everyone, so that fear is irrational and unjustified.

Many people don't want kind tyrants or benevolent dictators. They're still imposing their will on other nationalities.

It's impossible to make a fair world for everyone. Lelouch wanted to make the world kinder, as in better to the weak and non-empowered than it was at the start of the show.

I doubt it'll just be the same cycle. I assume the new conflicts will have other reasons to exist and the scale will be more local than planet-wide.

Like... why? It's good but... why?

It's been 10 years, user. That's a long time. Watching the series every 2 years or so isn't that unheard of. It's not like One Piece or Naruto that need hundreds of episodes to even consider repeated viewings.

This, why would you watch Geass 8 times?

Why not 10 or more?

He actually did make the world a better place under his rule, everyone agreed to it. But it didn't stop people from being angry.

there was no lewd geass

I watch it every year, it's just really entertaining and easy to get into. Since lelouch is there all of the time you never get bored and it's easy to binge.

>shit tons died and suffered over a possibility
Everyone was already spooked about being vaporized by nukes, you know, before they were thrown around like candy. But at least everyone got a fairy tale ending.