Anime cliches you love/hate

Anime cliches you love/hate

>mc isn't afraid to kill people by not being held back by morally ambiguous beliefs

> the classic fight: MC is nearly defeated, is reminded of something and gains strengt to win
> Antagonist mostly being evil without any reason or with a stupid reason, also thinking, he/she is much stronger than mc when first met

not really an anime cliche but
>villain is super fucking overpowered and can win as long as doesn't actively try to lose for shits and giggles
>villain loses because he actively try to lose for shits and giggles

tries*

>MC has an evil transformation that s/he can't control

Power of friendship doesn't work.

Texhnolyze shit on every trope in existence

those are bad

>Weaker character uses their smarts and wits in order to best the stronger powerful opponent
Who else gets rock hard when they do this?

>Intellect is thrown out of window next season and replaced with PUNCH HARDER

>A fancy move looks ridiculous when some wordplay is given to the attack name

>villain suddenly becomes a friend after being defeated

As much as I like deep, complex villains, it's always refreshing when a villain is just plain ol' evil.

>The fake ally who betrayed the cast in a dickish way betrays the villain and rejoins the party

Man I hate this shit, but at the same time, I can't get enough of it.

>MC in high school setting
>He gets all of the qt girls
>his silly friends constantly asking him how he did it and asking for a piece of it

>MC doesn't even know whats he even talking about

I like the villains that have actual good reasons for all the evil shit they do, sometimes even making the MC look like the actual true villain.

>muh revenge only brings revenge

If you have potential great setups but decide to not use them.
>like: we where killing humans all along? Nope back-pedalling it it was only drones.

> robots powered by badass energy

That's because once Japanese kids get older, they learn that in their society, they're expected to work harder, not smarter, so that piece of advice from last season is outdated and not fitting anymore.

>the show hypes up the witty play but it's actually just the antagonist being even more retarded than the retard MC

>Yamete!! If you kill him you'll only end up just like him!