Is Sasuke Uchiha a well written character?

Is Sasuke Uchiha a well written character?

Nobody in Naruto is well written, although I'd like to believe it will be a different story with their children.

That being said at least he got a better deal than any female character. Sakura parents were never shown despite being the 3rd most important character and Hinata entire story was ignored in favor of her becoming a love interest.

Some of them are well written.

Nagato, Itachi, and Madara were all pretty well written and had good motivations for the shitty things they did.

>Sakura's parents were never shown

Was Sakura REALLY the third most important character? It felt like the third pillar was always interchangeable, and may have actually favored Kakashi the most. Sakura does almost nothing after the Rescue Gaara arc.

I thought I wrote in the manga after that my bad. But still it's horrible that they were relegated to be being movie characters because Kishimoto couldn't be bothered to add them in a random panel. We got chapters and chapters worth of material about Naruto and Sasuke's backstory so she should have been given the same treatment as the 3rd lead.

sakura's treatment by kishimoto is horrendous

>tfw was actually sorta excited for her at the end of part 1 where she started training to tsunade
>she was still useless outside of the sasori arc

kishi is such a hack. not a single good female character. they're all treated like crap. and no hinata is not well written either.

If we are talking about young females Temari was fine and Tsunade was a good adult female but they suffered because they were side characters.

TenTen was the biggest waste of a character in this series and was just around to fill space in her team.

Hinata is the one that i feel got the shortest stick she was turn in just a trophy

When I first decided to get into Naruto when I was in Jr High I knew he'd end up like pic related. I dropped it in early Shippuden, but it seems I was right.

Here's a list of characters who did not get a total shit deal in part 2.

>Shikamaru
>Jiraiya
>Itachi
That's it. Even Naruto was drained of most of his previous traits and was made almost as boring as Ichigo.

Not even the coolest guy from his own clan

He got better when he became an adult, he looks edgy now but he is just autistic and is embarrassed by PDA.

She should have been a stay at home heiress/princess like planned and then her lack of action would have made sense.

What about Rock Lee?

Lee was replaced entirely by Gai, who I guess you could add to that list. Lee was a complete nonentity chiming in only every now and then.

Was the plan to make him one of the most frustrating characters in the history of any media?

If so, then yes

>one of the most frustrating characters in the history of any media
Not even close, he is just an annoying faggot

Her parents were just ordinary blokes who had brief, unremarkable careers as shinobi. Compare that to her teammates' overheated pedigrees and she simply couldn't compare. The playing field was just too uneven.

Itachi's story is just a rip-off of the Boss's from Metal Gear

That's true but it's sad there is a big a chance that Sarada will spend more time with her dead family on screen than her living family that is just a walk away from her house.

The least Kishimoto could do is give them a weak gimmick jutsu for Sarada to adapt and make her own, to make up for the lack of Haruno representation in the first story.

forgot my pic

Most characters in shounen are one dimensional.

It really hinges how much you can tolerate that i suppose really.

I felt Itachi and Jiraiya on the other hand were very well written characters. Theres a few others that come to mind but you get the idea.

kind of yeah

Imagine a Vegeta who was in his teens and super obsessed with revenge. Imagine a Vegeta who could not learn to love for 300+ chapters of manga. Imagine a Vegeta who treated his kids like Goku and was barely there for them. All the best parts of Vegeta are given to Goku instead.

That is the kind of character Sasuke is.

The problem with Sasuke wasn't the character itself - as he was supposed to be an insane, revenge obsessed psycho, courtesy of Itachi - but the way other characters treat him. Everyone loves and keeps loving Sasuke, no matter what kind of shit he does. Any other rogue shinobi would be put down like a dog.

Sasuke himself was written acceptably. People interacting with him were not.

He's better written than Itachi

>Nagato
>Itachi
>well written

They're the biggest Mary Sues in the history of fiction.

Do you even know what that word means

>Sakura's parents were never shown.

Pfff, what?

see

Fuck off Narutard

ESL

How old she suppose to be in anime?

You act like sasuke himself stormed the village and killed a hokage. During his time as a "villain" he acted more like an anti-hero if anything. He cleaned up orochimaru's messes. Recruited a capable ninja team and then he started achieving own goals while working with the akatski. At no point did he do something brutal or merciless that made the character beyond redemption to my memory unless you count how he finally took vengence on his brother but Itachi was accepted what happened to him and clearly thought it justified even though sasuke didn't find out the truth until later.

Itachi did nothing wrong!

Sasuke was saved from being completely irredeemable through his failure, rather than through any inclination, to his achieve his goals. Destroying Konoha, attempting to kill his former teammates; if a person who abandons his friends is lower than dirt then I can only imagine what Kakashi thought of Sasuke, who tried to kill them. The entire thing just left a bad taste in people's mouth, and then Naruto acted like Sasuke was his best friend, despite having actual friends who didn't try to off him.

>I felt Itachi and Jiraiya on the other hand were very well written characters
>the former needlessly tortures Kakashi for 72 hours

Sasuke was a good character right up until he decided to destroy Konoha. Itachi's sacrifice was clearly spelled out to him. It's like Kishi had no idea what to do with the character besides muh revenge.

Fuck off narutards

> Team 7's characterisation got destroyed in Kage summit arc

> The rest of the supporting cast got shafted hard by Kishi to the point were they were just reduced to Naruto cheerleaders.

Kishi is absolutely trash. Destroyed a series that once had so much potential.

Aren't you happy we have a second chance now?

Fuck off you shitty Sasuke spammer

better than vegeta for sure

I mean, he killed some Samurais.

Someone is at least very pissed at him, even though now he just became the Severus Snape of the ninja world.

Why was my man Kakuzu so based!?

Literally stronger than 50% of the Akatsuki!

Fuck off Narutard

Fuck off cancerous loli 12 episode fapper
Sasuke is the best written and strongest character in naruto

He reminds me of Scorpion.

hes bad

I dunno, I think Jiraiya and his relationship with Naruto was pretty well written

They were fighting weren't they? I'm quite sure Kakashi would have killed Itachi if he was capable.

Great to shonen jump standards, otherwise poorly written.

He is basically a way worse Kurapika knock off. 4/10

Vegeta + Hiei + Kurapika

>Madara
>well written
It's been a long ass time but didn't the fucker wish himself back into life with genjutsu after dying?

That was so fucking bullshit.

No, he got revived by a Rinnegan jutsu.

ayy

As far as i remember Obito revived him unintentionally.

He was revived more than once, we are clearly talking about different instances. I don't blame you, the story is so fucking shit.

I don't remember much, but from that pic i think they're talking about the Izanagi/Izanami jutsus.

GOD NO.

Yeah well having to do with Izanagi doesn't excuse the pile of shit that it is.

While dead, he taught his eye izanagi, and then while dead, used it to rework reality and wish himself back into life.

You can't make this shit up senpai.

>Is Sasuke Uchiha a character?
The answer is no

> Been craving for Naruto's dick since forever
> End up with Sakura instead
I'll never understand this.

Pretty shit translation.
No explicit homo in SJ.

No. But change his gender to female and make NaruSasu canon and Naruto instantly becomes humanity's magnum opus.

Fuck off Narutards

>Temari was fine
She one shots a non-character in the exams, then shows up to asspull a victory against Tayuya. Then she does nothing for the rest of the manga.

But he wasn't capable, at all. The two didn't even play in the same ballpark so it was fucking pointless and makes no sense since he was supposed to be a secret Konoha loyalist pacifist.

>Itachi's sacrifice was clearly spelled out to him.
Which is the motivation for destroying Konoha.

Itachi is utter shit at improv.

Better written than any wan piss character

At that point he'd had years to decide how he would handle a meeting with Konoha ninja and his little brother. And since he doesn't appear to do much during that timespan he should have had an autisticly detailed script.

Sasuke spat on everything Itachi cared about. Not only by attempting to destroy Konoha but by dragging the Uchiha name he tried to save through the mud.

damn those are some crispy numbers

Yeah well in their defense 仕込む can be either to learn or to stock.

Seems like the first group went with learn and the group in your pic went with stock. By context the latter does sound better familia.

Actually all 3 things are shit.

First translation is shit, second translation is shit, and the actual story is shit.

It's pretty nuts. Crazy immortal ninja with five hearts was a great character concept. It was a based arc in general.

>Akatsuki doesn't tell them where Naruto is
>Get caught at the temple by a lucky gate guard and found out, leading to them being hunted
>reinforcements arrive 15 minutes early to save Shikamaru
>When they're not enough Pain calls them back because they forgot to seal the two tails when it was dropped off
>Kakashi gets saved by perfect timing with Shikamaru's trap
>Said trap was conveniently close enough to where Hidan and Kakuzu were found
>Getting caught in the middle of a giant jutsu clash between Kakuzu and Yamato/Naruto didn't hurt Kakashi, Ino and Choji
>Shikamaru got to run off half cocked over revenge and didn't suffer for it undermining any revenge is bad themes going around

That arc was fucking rigged against Kakuzu/Hidan in hindsight.

Welcome to shounen.

That's always been a mutual thing, it's why Itachi's "you know what, I'll respect your decisions and love you anyway rather than mindfucking you into doing things my way" speech was immediately followed up by Sasuke getting a bit hesitant about burning down everything Itachi protected.

No, shit.

All of shippuden is characters randomly getting strong enough to keep up with antagonists who should be untouchable at their skill level.

hidden waterfall never fail to please