DEEPEST LORE

DEEPEST LORE

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aogashima
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's an old impact crater?

Big MT?

Yeah that confused me at first. Its the crator from the comet that hit a thousand years ago. You'd think they would stop building stuff near it.

Why would you stop building stuff near a crater from one thousand years ago?

old impact crater it plays more into the fantasy elements than reality
1000 years or whatever it was is a long time

I'm now curious as to how long and how heavy rainfall it would take to fill it entirely.

Generation after generation of people having weird prophetic dreams would make wary.

do you know what the chances are of a comet and/or meteorite hitting the same spot on earth?
it's probably like 10^avogadro's number

isn't that a caldera?

Still wouldn't risk it.

its not the impact crater. the impact crater is the lake by the city

You are probably safer in the crater because the walls will protect you from the 99.9999999% chance that one wont hit the same place.

Watching Kimi no Nawa was uncanny for me. When I was a kid I had this recurring dream of me standing on a cliff overlooking a huge crater. There was a meteorite in the sky.
The dreams were like "episodes", the next time i dreamt about it, it would pick up from where the last dream left off.

That one's definitely the result of volcanic activity.

How can you even tell? There's a crater inside of the crater.

The shape.

Because it's in the middle of the ocean, but you can see it.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aogashima

Because it looks like Crater Lake but smaller and without the lake? Sharp-edged bowl and a smaller peak in the middle is textbook volcanic crater.

also it's a fucking island you don't have above-ground crater islands without volcanic activity to lift it above the surface

t. oregonian

Not but here's another example. It's not a direct one because the caldera isn't a complete circle, but it shows secondary cones.

> Haleakala
Oh hey, I've been there. Pretty neat place.

Outta the way! Deepest lore coming through.

Probably not much most actual craters become lakes