Baki Dou 154

>Gentremen. I rove war.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!LoJTDaDR!XmYHbp1j39GlOaFiDZfof6O2kiadgRJeC_2COnQO5xc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Oh, my fucking god, this chapter.
Prepare, dear friends.

Now, what exactly could Utsumi be saying that would surprise even Tokugawa...?

Say, that insignia looks awfully familiar.

why is the release of translated baki chapters so weird

Because SOMEONE is being slow with their redraws. I don't know why, so I can't be particularly upset.

I shouldn't have to bump this. Not this time.

Wait, Hanayama time? FUCKING YES but what's the plan? Keep Musashi still with his vice grip while they gun him down?

if itakagi fucks up hana, he will get fucked by the yakuza fans irl :^)

He can have Tenshin Nasukawa protect him.

Fuck you, bump.

give me a quick rundown on tokugawa

Come on, Hanayama is going to spank Musashi and no one gives a shit? I know a lot of people (including me) wanted to see him do stuff again.

The most dynamic character in the series, for some odd reason. His development as a character seems the most natural out of the entire cast, even though he does basically nothing and the basis of his character is one of the crazier ones in the manga.

>starts off as a psychopath who just likes watching people fight
>his favourite fighter of all time briefly dies; he starts to realize the value of life, and that any one of the fighters he likes can die or be crippled at any time; knows that he directly causes this
>begins to care about the fighters on an individual basis; almost crying at Jack vs Baki
>starts to see the tragedy of Baki's life in a different light; takes it more seriously, starts trying to help Baki get truly strong
>takes a step backward after a year or so, acquires a caveman warrior essentially just because he wants to see him fight
>the fighters that he loves all start getting crippled or seriously injured by the caveman, returns to the misery of knowing that he caused irreversible injury to the ones whom he cares about the most
>gets deathly ill, but knows that he has to see Baki's fight with Yuujiro through to the end - both for the sake of caring about Baki and because he loves fighting; uses every single monetary and political tool at his disposal to ensure that the fight happens
>creates Musashi because the *fighters* are unhappy, not because he is, Retsu requests a weapons-free fight with Musashi; he's uncomfortable with it, but lets it happen
>Retsu dies, Tokugawa realizes that he got caught up in his love of fighting once again, cries his eyes out over Retsu while demanding that the other fighters insult him and blame him for Retsu's death so that he can feel like he's paid some sort of penance
>eagerly accepts Motobe proposal that he'll protect the other fighters, in response to his development from Retsu's death, so that he won't be responsible for any more deaths

Tokugawa really is the most human of the cast.

No he's gonna die, no one short of yujiro is beating musashi now that he's serious.

Have you forgotten that Hanayama is, presently, the tankiest character in the franchise? Fucker took a rifle round to the skull from ~100 meters (at most) without falling down or receiving 'stopping' injuries. What put him down was the barrage of sniper fire through his stomach and the subsequent bleeding out. If Musashi drives his sword into Hanayama's skull, Hanayama will keep moving, wrap his hand(s) around Musashi's neck and explode it. He's got a lot more of a chance than you'd think.

Hanayama's grip isn't the strongest, yujiro already overpowered him and so will musashi.
He may or may not die but he isn't inflicting any serious injury.

>Best Boy is back from his Sidequest
>He's probably going to die

What the fuck, Musashi beheaded that poor guy for making him pee his pants.

So does he wear dentures or have dental implants. He lost a fair amount of teeth to Speck.

Welp. Hanayama's fucked. He's been a B list fighter ever since he got fucked by Baki. He's not even Katsumi level and sure as hell isn't Retsu tier.

He's literally a weak Pickle at this point.

Did we ever get the finale between Hanayama and the gay egg man? I've seen nothing after Hanayama staggers out of the hospital

Hanayama is gonna get fucked hard.

Musashi when serious is in the same tier as Yujiro.

Have we even seen full power Musashi yet?
I don't think so.

IIRC the Solomon Grundy guy Hanayama helps out in the first chapter of the spinoff fights him instead. It was pretty cool though.

Otherwise, I don't know if Baki will go on from this particular run. Feels like endgame, unless it gets stretched out even further.

Virtually every character has fake teeth. They've more-or-less all lost them and regained them at least once in the series.

He doesn't 'help' Hanayama; it's not Hanayama's fight to pick. And, given that Hanayama is stronger than Solomon Grundy, it stands to reason that he's stronger than Midget.

Hanayama's death would spark Baki to do something. Maybe.

NO DONT DIE

Translations will clear this up but I think it's pretty much guaranteed they didn't call Hanayama to make him go kill himself against Memesashi, there has to be some kind of plot going on. Like Hanayama holding Musashi still for a few seconds with his grip or something.

You know, given that the idea came from Utsumi, I don't think that's so far-fetched. He's probably the only critical-thinking cop in this, after all. And he studied under Shibukawa; that's gotta count for something.

He's gonna get MUSASH'D, and just to inflate further meme samurai power trip.
Awful.

Oooor this could be Itagaki's way of reintroducing the rarer fighters. What if we get Hanayama, Jyaku, and Sikorsky beating up Musashi? Think positive.

Exactly, he knows firsthand what Musashi and Hanayama are capable of and that the latter is weaker. I'm hoping Hanayama will humiliate Musashi in a indirect way, capitalizing on modern battle vs old battle as opposed to Motobe beating him at his own game.

Bump

The woman in the third panel looks like Baki in drag

Damn you blew up is cover.

You need to make everyone hate Musashi/want to see him lose. Because otherwise how can you have him lose/die again

A hugely important cultural icon in Itagaki's home country and known worldwide as an ascended warrior, said to be a sword saint and a master of the way of strategy. If you're gonna have some fictional character kill him, he needs to put a dent on the roster first. Retsu Kaioh is already kill

>Because otherwise how can you have him lose/die again

It baffles me that nobody is seeing where this is going. Even the translators seem so far oblivious. Having Musashi come back and die is like reviving the Duke of Wellington and have him lose a rematch in total warfare to Napoleon

Despite all his duels and involvement in skirmishes and war, Musashi died undefeated. This is his defining characteristic. In the book of five rings he has claimed to have mastered the way of strategy, which is the art of victory itself. I very much doubt Musashi will be made to die or overtly lose (maybe weird "losses" like him testing Baki's jab, getting KO'd and going "yep, you would have killed me if this was a real fight"). His fight with Yujiro was already hurried to a draw, and now Itagaki is fucking around with Musashi killing cops. I have no idea how this situation could be handled respectfully and in a non-retarded manner, but I'd wager it's probably not Itagaki's idea to keep Musashi alive in current times like Pickle (a fictional caveman) is

I wanted so much that Pickle won goddamn.

For having been S-tier just an arc ago, Pickle got fucking destroyed. He was Jack Hanma levels of jobber against Musashi

Everyone got fucking destroyed, that's the root of the problem with Musashi. I could have accepted him winning if it wasn't on these levels of "kill entire fully armed strike teams cutting through kevlar and firearms without a scratch" capital bullshit. There is no fucking tension or struggle, he just blows away everything

>It baffles me that nobody is seeing where this is going. Even the translators seem so far oblivious.
The biggest problem with seeing where the manga is going with Musashi is the fact that Itagaki strongly based major elements of the first half of the Musashi arc on an obscure Sino-Japanese short story, then changed his mind. That change came right around when Musashi decided that he wanted to fight with his real swords again - when he first started fucking around with Pickle, essentially. That's also where the plot starts to lose track of itself. For all we know, Itagaki is winging it right now until he can find a perfect solution.

>hehe you fools thought Hanayma was useless b rate fighter?
>he was merely pretending to be bad like Memetobe
>check out this new Hanayma armed with yakudza dildos and tricks
bravo

>Sino-Japanese short story
More info?

Haven't read this since Musashi is born and meets Baki

Give me a quick rundown

>For all we know, Itagaki is winging it right now until he can find a perfect solution.

This is obvious when you look all the filler chapters. Baki's plot has always moved fast, now it's moving slowly for the first time

>he was merely pretending to be bad like Memetobe

Except Motobe couldn't do shit against Musashi in the end. What use is scarring his face if you can't win anyways

The real asspull was Gaia being Motobe's student all along

What can you even do with Musashi? Him having been heavily struck during his fights is probably too much already. Itagaki bit off more than he can chew

He's japanese sword jesus. It'd be like having Sun Tzu losing at strategy

Maybe the idea is that everyone will lose to him, but Musashi will be so wounded in the end, it's like they collectively defeated him, I don't know

I managed to track down the legend that Itagaki referenced in that 25th anniversary interview. It's Chinese in origin, but its most popular form seems to be a Japanese retelling written by a Chinese historian author from Japan. I managed to find an English translation of it (there are only two that exist), so here that is; the story of Kisho - known in China as Jìchāng:
mega.nz/#!LoJTDaDR!XmYHbp1j39GlOaFiDZfof6O2kiadgRJeC_2COnQO5xc

The elements won't necessarily stick out to you at first, but you'll understand completely what I'm talking about once you get to the end.

Musashi's wounds have been gruesome so far. Not necessarily different from what has happened in the series previously, but shown in painful detail. Kicked in the balls by Yujiro. Motobe's chain going right in the gaping vagina on his face, debris and glass on his face and eyes, etc.

Almost like Itagaki is making him suffer a bit in advance to make up for most of the cast being killed by him

>Except Motobe couldn't do shit against Musashi in the end. What use is scarring his face if you can't win anyways
Motobe could have killed him. He chose not to. That was the entire point of the speech.

Threat, here, is used in the sense of literal "fear", not "possibility".
>It was [a match] which threatened victory.
>But...
>It was [a match] without threat against life.
>Do you want to give that a try?
>Against the one before you?

I think the one that creeped me out/gave me shivers the most was Musashi sticking his finger in the mouth-hole and going "huh, my molars are loose now."

>mega.nz/#!LoJTDaDR!XmYHbp1j39GlOaFiDZfof6O2kiadgRJeC_2COnQO5xc
I see, really interesting. I agree with you, after reading that story it looks like Itakagi went back on his steps when Musashi picked up the swords again.

You must mean the fact that Musashi dropped his real swords against Yujiro, having at last realized the memetic sword technique of Ni Ten Ichi Ryu style - But now is back to using them on every fight

I'm fairly sure Itagaki's just saving it for a big fight, possibily against Baki or Yujiro again. "Visualization" is actually old hat in the series, to the point of Baki taking real wounds from fighting his visualized praying mantis. And when Baki fought Yujiro, there many "image based" techniques being shown. Much like every character has a specialization Musashi's spiritual sword seems to be a perfect form of image-based techniques

Either way, it's in paper now, he can't just pretend Musashi wasn't gonna instantly kill Yujiro with an unheard-of technique. But at the same time you can't have him use that on every fight, because if it's that powerful, it's a one stroke battle against everyone else (which are all, sans possibly Baki, far from Yujiro's powerlevel)

>it looks like Itakagi went back on his steps when Musashi picked up the swords again
That wasn't my 'view' or something; he literally said that in part of the 25th anniversary interview. This is a Wild Fang translation, but it's right for the most part. The only made-up parts are just added words, for some reason. Remove the phrases "to high level characters", and "for the real wars", and the translation is essentially correct.

He already got humiliated when he got tased.

I'm a bit surprised that Musashi is being characterized as basically another Yujiro type (i.e. very superior strength easily exceeding Baki's, superior speed and reflexes, etc.). You'd think someone that realized the way of strategy would be more like Shibukawa or Kaku Kaioh i.e. "only need a little strength", but otherwise win without brute force

So are we supposed to just forget the imaginary sword stuff? Or maybe pretend Musashi is limiting himself by using real swords basically because it's cooler to look at.

When has Hanayama ever shown the strength to oppose Musashi for even a second?

If we go by Yujiro's words tecniques are something only the weak need. The Ogre himself mastered like every martial art but doesn't use them simply because at his level of strenght it doesn't matter.

Managed to stop Pickle's charge. Does some ridiculous stuff in scarface.

Musashi is just fooling around with strong fighters. Probably doesn't feel like ending every fight instantly

If he's not fooling around, why not simply seek Yujiro again and kill him? Tokugawa could make it happen, and Yujiro is certainly dying to fight him again without Motobe cockblocking him. Wasn't Musashi's goal to become known as the world's strongest, "the brightest star the world has ever seen"?

Nothing in Scarface begins to compare to taking on Musashi.

Why is everyone cross-eyed?

You can't take everything that is said in the manga literally. Yujiro uses a fighting style, even it it's idiosyncratic and self-taught. Ideas of "not being bound by style" are old in martial arts, among people far weaker than Yujiro too

Example of things you can't take seriously: Someone saying he has in good authority Yujiro can punch with the force of an atomic bomb. Yujiro weighs ~120kg. If he really can do this, Baki is FUCKED, he's not even 0.0000000000001% of the way to that kind of strength, and Yujiro could have ended every fight in the series in an instant. Why would someone with nuke punched be afraid of Musashi's shit?

>You must mean the fact that Musashi dropped his real swords against Yujiro ...
Much more than that.

>... even if sudden sparks were to fly in his eyes or whirling ash to blow over him, he never flinched.
Retsu vs Musashi, the sand-throwing trick.

>Even a thief swore that just as he had made to slip into Kisho's house, about to climb the wall, he was hit in the forehead with a sharp, formless arrow shot from the building, and had fallen back the moment he had felt it.
The imaginary deaths.

>His former unyielding and fearless mien had vanished and his face seemed as blank and empty as a figure carved from wood...
Musashi always wears the same face, unless there's exceptional circumstances.

>Kanyoh looked up, contemplating it. Then he fitted an invisible arrow to his formless bow, fixed it to the span of a full moon and shot.
Kisho could *see* this imaginary bow.

>They were proud of their bowmaster who needed no bow. The glory of his invincibility covered all, however long he did not touch a bow ... it was unthinkable that he might ever again have put a hand to bow or arrow.
Remember the flashback chapters to Musashi's old age, where his disciples claim that he hasn't touched his swords in years?

>Nine years long Kisho remained at the side of this aged Master, though none could say what training he underwent.
Kisho's story explicitly does not have an explanation for how he came to cease using the bow, so Itagaki wrote the extended calligraphy metaphor in the flashback chapter to tie the method to Musashi's life.

So on, and so forth.

Been awhile since I read but since when was Motobe anything but a jobber

One user here raised an interesting point : Musashi is too much of an icon to actually lose ; it'd feels cheap.

So, how could it end ? Probably like it did in the books, Musashi ceases the mindless killings.

Since he literally trolled Yujiro and got a meme boost.

You can't just leave Musashi wandering around in current times and have him become a member of the cast like Pickle. He could be knocked out in a fight or something, and Tokugawa's asspull medium sister could send him back to the afterlife

I'm fairly sure nothing bombastic will happen. At MOST Musashi losing but not dying, and even then you have to live the weight of being a pretentious author who made his OC donut steel beat Miyamoto Musashi in a 1v1 fight

DOPPO BEST BAKI

>pretentious
Yeah, nah.

Predicting another Musashi clone.

I don't imagine anyone criticizing Itagaki for having the titular character defeating Musashi. Especially given his current strength. Baki's supposed to be the strongest human on Earth.

I wager Musashi will realize the meaning of Motobe's words and decide not to kill the next relevant character he destroys.
True, on the other hand if Musashi just fucks off to afterlife for whatever reason it would have been a real nice shitshow where Musashi just dropped by in the Baki-verse just to shit on people here and there.

Pls no-

OurGuy.

Even if i get the impression that he may die in this series due to all the focus he is getting.

He'll lose in a 'fight' or maybe spiritually outskilled against baki, musashi is unbeatable in life and death scenarios but that won't happen.

Remember that Baki has proclaimed that this era is when the strongest being in history is to be determined. They can't get rid of Musashi without killing him, really. Their options are to fight him to the death or to concede to him.

Wats the deal with the hands of the men in baki ?

you know what they say about big hands

The author seems to love him. He's had far and away the most hype moments of any character in the series, and was the first character strong enough to make Yujiro go all out (during the Maximum Tournament)

>That curbstomp battle against Dorian Kaioh

I see Baki, I have to post, even if I have to go to sleep.

See you when the jap scans come with translator-fag.

>Hypnosis doesn't work on Doppo because his knowledge of martial arts is so advanced, he will just imagine you fighting as you normally would

>Musashi doesn't blink when a piece of tooth pierces his fucking eye
>Retsu hair whip makes him wince