Why are Americans so Ignorant?

Are Americans THE most culturally ignorant/retarded people on earth?

>be on Holiday in Geneva
>waiting at concierge
>American couple resembling Jabba the Hutts' progeny waddle over
>lady at concierge says "bonjour monsieur et madame"
>Mr Jabba responds "We don't speak Swiss"
>Speak Swiss
>Concierge is visibly confused
>Sees me smirking
>Amerilards too busy thinking about the closest McDonalds.
>Mfw

Do any fellow non-American Sup Forumsacks have any similar experiences of American stupidity.

>inb4 us Americans are the best; we don't need to know about others' culture
Don't visit the country then.

Other urls found in this thread:

online.seterra.com/en/vgp/3007
google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/aug/02/sun-sea-britons-worlds-worst-tourists-german
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

probably the dumbest smart population, if you get people from ethiopia they are obviousely gonna be dumber.

I bet you can't speak Swiss either

This is the level of American stupidity we have reached; the world's most powerful country can only be compared to 3rd world shitholes regarding cultural awareness.

Honestly when it comes to language Americans are ignorant, but you have to consider that most Americans never or very infrequently leave America. But in my experience Australians are far more obnoxious tourists.

To be fair UK tourists are pretty fucking shit tier as well.....pretty sure aussies are the kangs when it comes to people abroad enjoying their company

>Flag
My God...This was too perfect... Ladies and Gentlemen, I rest my case.

WE are the whitest group on earth, descended from ancient kings and nobility.

I'm 12% roman, 50% Native American, 5% Irish, 7% British, 20% French, 43% black, 5'2" master race and 500 lbs. with a 1500 IQ. I scored a 40 on the SAT, the top .01% of Americans. I now work as a scientific fry cook at McDonald's making 300k/year.

Not talking about obnoxious nor am I exclusively talking about language... Americans take top spot for overall ignorance of anything other than their own culture.

whiter than you achmed

The saddest part is that they were in Switzerland, which means that they were probably pretty well off. If the upper crust of American society is this fucking retarded, just imagine how dumb the average mart sharter is.

and level of income equality and gun violence and healthcare and poverty. There's lots of scales you can only compare america to next to third world shitholes. They don't see that because their propaganda is so good though.

>things that never happened

Exactly. The top 1% are brainlets.

Same thing happened to me, more or less.
Although the swedish=swiss thing is far more common.

Dude you're British, outside of the stereotype you have the same exact issues in your country and you fuckin know it.

Denial at its finest. Typical American tactic when faced with painful truths. Kek.

Btw, americans in the thread, take this: online.seterra.com/en/vgp/3007
I'm ready for a chuckle.

For one, I know the woman was speaking basic French. Secondly, I know the language "Swiss" does not exist.

You cannot compare British ignorance to American; especially when comparing the upper stratum of British vs American.

In America, even dumb people can be rich. I make 300k/year at Wendy's and I'm literally retarded.

what culture?

I thought we were friends, Sweden.

lol, keep coping it's adorable

>my retarded story totally happened, no one would go on the internet and tell lies, would they?

I wasnt born yesterday, Nige.

I'm sure you make $300k/year at a fast food store. How do you commute to work? On Unicorn back?

Lmao have you seen your countrymen? Go to a pub? Stop trying to enforce anecdote as rule ... Your bints, slags and stags are the most retarded people I've ever met. You also have an obesity issue. And a culture issue. This is pathetic projection.

newfaggot alert, jesus christ. go back to Sup Forums you reddit fuck

yeah had to fight an amerimutt because he got mad I didn't give him fries with that

what're you doing hogging all the fries asshole

Yet the story you told was about language. Americans are like any other tourists. People prefer their own culture and generally can't be bothered to assimilate on a vacation, your opinion is based on a confirmation bias.

So many times they come into work and I speak to them in English (mother tongue, so its not like I have an Italian accent)
>oh my gawwd non hablo italiano what did you say
I repeat the exact same thing
Confused looks
>you know I'm speaking in English right?
>oh my gawwdd your English is so good where did you learn it
I have big thick Irish accent its pretty fucking obvious where the fuck I learnt it
They are a retarded nation

Lmao really? So Britain's best is pumping out the technological advancement of the world? How about the businessmen who actually matter? No? Media? What exactly are you best at here?

I ride my scooter.

What part of this narration is so hard to believe? I've literally overheard even more stupid things from Americans here in England but this was the most recent event.

A fellow American intern thought Greece was a free-floating Island... and passionately argued her case to a Greek friend...

we don't see it because we keep the niggers responsible for those stats locked up in nigger ghettos

I didn't know what a fries was I said we have chips and he got all pissed off

kek

probably didn't understand what a damn "cheeps" is

while u r sucking off your snaggletooth wifes bull, America has been ans IS innovating, building, and advacining while great shittain imports millions of sand niggers and africans

Dude I can't even read what you're saying. Stop speaking Italian

Lmao and what do you do? Yare you pumping out 90k making toast sandwiches?

Happens every single time in Italy.

you guys serve potato chips at mcdonalds? holy shit

if you come here expect to get shitposted on in real life. I will mock and try and bully the fuck out of you

prepping bulls, officers dressing up as furries, fags, and trannys, having snaggle teeth, importing more shitskins than anybody else

wow, one amerilard family = everyone. Come on now Mohammad you can do better then that. Not everyone is peopleofwalmart.com over on this side of the pond.

It must be painful knowing even our white trash poor as fuck fatties can afford to come into your neighborhood and look for a McDonalds to get even fatter.

America. Fuck yeah!

You Americans are still too stupid to even fucking get it... She was speaking FRENCH... Swiss is NOT a language... Christ Almighty grant me patience with this retards.

Im not expecting you to speak the language; merely to recognise your own stupidity when you don't even realise the language that is being spoken to you.

they call them french fries but everyone just asks for chips and will only call them fries if the person working their is fucking stupid

Have you watch the Jeremy Kyle show?

>20% French
You only got the job cause of privilege!!

dont u have another emu war to lose you fucking retarded prison colony nigger? your cuntry hasnt done shit since the first faggot was shipped there for being a raging faggot 300 yrs ago

They are the dumbest 1st world mutts that have ever waddled on this earth.

we call them freedom fries. who the fuck calls them "french" fries?

Well, he's a bong, so...spreading his cheeks for abdul's sexual emergencies.

The thread is strictly about cultural awareness - don't want to regress into a UK vs US debate... make a new thread about the 2 and I'll debate you on it.

Only if you're below 50%

>Amerilards are like any other tourists
Yeah, no. You guys are the loudest, fattest most ignorant pieces of shit ever.

>Although the swedish=swiss thing is far more common.
I've never got this one. My mom is Swedish >inb4 MUH 56 and whenever I mention that to random people they always confuse it with Switzerland. I was even doing Erasmus for 6 months in Spain and many of the Spaniards I met made that same mistake. Strange.

Any stories? How do you cope?

was going to bag you out but checked mcdonalds site and they call them either fries or world famous fries. so I guess i'll just call them faggot fries from now on

It was Geneva... and a 5* Hotel... they were the "elite" of your country, Amerimutt.

>I bet you can't speak Swiss either

LOL.

>he thinks "Switzerland" is a language

I'm learning Switzerland, brah!

My God.

A few hours ago there was an AMA from someone claiming to be under investigation by Mueller which was abruptly deleted without explanation. Among other things, the user claimed there would be disclosure on a number of issues ranging from 9/11 to the Monica Lewinsky scandal.

>Have you watch the Jeremy Kyle show?
Have you learned to form a basic sentence without committing a grammar mistake?

>be on Holiday in Geneva
The joke's on you.

ENGLISH MOTHERFUCKER, DO YOU SPEAK IT?

fucking Italians not speaking English on an English speaking board.

Can confirm, I cringe whenever I travel overseas for work and come across another Australian acting like an obnoxious cunt

God damnit man! It's almost like you just fell for "faggot says what?"

Australians are like 20 million people who mostly go to South East Asia. Pretty rare to spot one in Yurp.

kek... see this is the thing... I'm not asking Amerilards to speak French fluently, just to recognise the basic facets of the fucking country they're visiting.

>Foreigners don't understand Dad jokes

S P A C E T I G E R S

This thread is gold.
I do not know, and cannot, if this situation really happened, but the replies...
Not even accounting that half of them are written in broken english. I suppose american is a langage. Like pigdin..

I understand, I have family that fits your stereotype
Have you dealt with any exceptions to the rule at least?

>it's another butthurt brit trying to bait Americans episode

Would be funny if I didn't see this everyday. we provide your security, most powerful in the world, 1776, yada yada

See - the story is truth. But like you said, even if I was lying (it would be a boring lie but), I have created the virtual reality of the situation... and the Amerilards have made the same mistakes as those in the Hotel.

>be in Moscow bar
>fat Amerimutt starts to get drunk and loud
>is told by the management to tone it down a little
>steams comes out of the Amerimutt
>...
>I'M AN AMERICAN CITIZEN!
>I'M AN AMERICAN!
>I HAVE FREEDOM OF SPEECH!
>management
>yes sir but this is Russia, not America
>Amerimutts eyes spin around
>gets all flustered and angered
>opens their mouth again
>BUT I'M AN AMERICAN

Why do they always tell people that or use it as some kind of excuse? Nobody cares, just don;t be an asshole.. jeez.

I don't get this shit either, I was taught by my parent's to act properly when visiting someone's house. I do the same if I am out of the country. I can act like a fuckwit at my place and people don't have to come visit me if they don't want to. I did a test once about women and toilet seats when my girlfriend had some avon shit or whatever the fuck it was. I put both seats down every time I took a piss. which was every 30mins since I was sinking piss. not once did I go into the toilet and both seats were down

Circular logic is an American's best friend

Why do they smile like this?

Not everyone works at taco bell.

to show off their veneers

Funny thing , I have a nephew he's kind of a liberal but not an sjw , ever since he was young I used to call him Switzerland. Then everyone in the family called him that. Even got him several famous Swiss army knives on Christmas. He grew into his namesake the family go between/ peacekeeper. So now years(35) later Christmas everyone wants to know origins of nickname and assume the peacekeeper meme .
Wrong. I started calling him Switzerland because he was a giant 2 faced pussy and would never be honorable enough to pick a side and fight or defend ANYTHING.
Swiss= chocolate,cheap stupid knives, NEVER EVER HAVE YOUR BACK.
Allies Waite what's that ?

>Giada Pamela De Laurentiis is an Italian-born American
>Italian-born
>Italian
Why DO Italians smile like that? Hrmmmmm!

This incoherent irrelevant rambling perfectly resemblance your President and Americans more generally.

People get drunk during a vacation, some drunks are dicks.

I see tourists from all over the world constantly, there's no consistent correlations to make outside of the higher probability of tourists being drunker than average at restaurants/bars (except that Chinese tourists are rude as fuck even when not drunk)

I agree. Americans are good people, don't get me wrong. Most of them are well meaning guys. But yknow they're "that kid" of the group. They have good people, smart people. But no culture or cultural knowledge. At all, it's almost sad, they could've been so much more. At least I have the common courtesy to NOT shit in streets when I'm in a foreign country as a tourist.

So youre a half nigger that learned English from a potato nigger and you don't know why the amero niggers can't understand you?

Obligatory.

I generally try to avoid places in the city where they get together, specially at night.
McDonalds are obviously full of americans despite there being lots of local options. They are also very annoying when they talk loudly about Dan Brown or another (((author))) in front of monuments and cathedrals.
You can also usually hear them boasting obnoxiously about meaningless shit non-stop.
They are quite paranoid most of the time as well...

google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/aug/02/sun-sea-britons-worlds-worst-tourists-german

I just want to say to all my ameriblob friends in this thread that are getting your feelings hurt. I have been to Europe 20 times and lived there a total of 6 years of my life (I'm 29) and have never had a single bad experience excluding one time with a French guy (no offense love you frenchbros). The reason I've never had a bad time is because I simply defy the stereotype of what most Europeans understand to be an American. Be well read, don't be a fat fucker, be clean and articulate and calculative about the topics you choose to discuss and you'll get along fine despite what the guys in this thread will say.

hows brexit going

im literally immune to bullying, you aint shit.

Oh okay, so we're supposed to learn every language of every place we go visit now? I'm not gonna spend all that time learning Swiss when I'm only going to Switzerland for like a week.

You Europeans are so uptight, I went to Brazil and they didn't make a big deal that I didn't speak Brazilian. Like just calm down.

Not great, why? Ps. Keep on topic Amerilard.

I was visiting a friend in America, we went to his parents place and his dad had travelled a lot. I said i was from Sweden and he started telling me how much he liked it there, cool cool. Then it came... "The alps are so beautiful" lol. I did not have the heart to correct him.

Pretty much the entire world is an american colony at that point, retard. Europe especially so. Why would I lower myself to learn and speak your tongue when you are supposed to know the tongue of your masters.

>inb4 Britain invented English!
Kill yourselves Britain is an irrelevant country English is only prevalent because we keep it so.

Needs more niggers, Sergei.