How do you feel about ufotable?

How do you feel about ufotable?

People often mention Kyoani as the studio with the highest production values in TV anime but I think ufotable is much more impressive with their visuals.

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/2476-Kara-no-Kyoukai-Mirai-Fukuin-movie-film?p=2223826&viewfull=1#post2223826
youtube.com/watch?v=xI6gszVdQlU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Uh, not really.
Their visual effect is good. But their animation is meh.

>he hasn't realized kyoani is a meme studio yet

I really like them, but they need to branch out more. Fate makes money, sure, but having some more franchises would allow them to expand their audience.

You mean their shitty cgi effects?

great vfx + "cinematography" > animation

i wouldn't call their animation "meh" either.

They made a shitty God Eater adaption then gave up. Fuck 'em, they can suck Nasu's dick for all I care.

their choice of source material is questionable (nasu shit and video games) but i think that their talents are put to good use with the way they do action scenes.

All of KyoAni's recent shows have been trash, going back as far as Hyouka, at least.

They shouldnt have taken on God Eater and UBW at the same time. That being said, focusing on UBW was the right business choice.

Yeah, their true talent comes out in action scenes, sure. But they can do two things:

1. Make something different than their usual genre, but still have action scenes. Like a mech anime. I bet they could make a good one. Or maybe some other kind of sci fi. Sports anime would also be an option.

2. Make something completely different, so that they can get experience making other kinds of shows. If they learned how to make a good SOL or comedy, they could do more projects in the future.

>Visual

do you mean their heavy use of CGI ?

Kyoani Hand drawn animation still better than ufotable anytime anyday.

>kyoani doesn't use digital effects

Go to if you want company fanboy wars.

But they doing it right.

now look at God Eater when it's airing.......

You realize production company hire them to make anime instead of the other way around right?

What is the best ufotable production?

Ufotable has better animation than kyoani because they animate things I like: man, man planning, man walking around in circles when talking to other man while planning, and other manime mannerisms.

Also, anglar faces are inherently more impressive to animate than blobby moeblobs. I have no source but I know this to be true.

This is some Advanced Autism right here.

KnK 2

Actually, Hikaru Kondo is the one who approached Nasu begging to adapt Kara no Kyoukai in the first place.

Really? Didn't Nasu tell them to animate Fate/Zero ?

>Also, anglar faces are inherently more impressive to animate than blobby moeblobs

Type-Moon characters don't have noses anymore

This. I remember Nasu mentioning how hard Ufotable practically begged to animate KnK since someone high up was a huge fan of it and Nasu couldn't help getting swept up in their enthusiasm to throw a movie budget on the entire thing.

I'm referring to shit like God Eater or Tales.

>ufotable
>can't be ufoted

I like them. They're one of the more self-sufficient studios out there with their own directors and digital team. Their approach to digital colouring and composite in many shows is very reminiscent of contemporary Hollywood blockbusters and it generally works. It could be a bit less heavy-handed I suppose but I like it enough. The studio has some cool in-house animators as well so that's nice.

Nice, I'm glad he did.

Ufotable proved that they can't do original series with what they made to Tales of Zestiria - by adding their own "vision" resulting in butchering a bad game to the point of said game being bearable now.

Tales is fine. It's a straightforward fantasy show with great action sequences and most people agree that it's better than the game.

Who would adapt Fate if Ufo didn't offer themselves to TM?

I wish nobody did. I'm tired of secondaries and their hot opinions.

DEEN

It's funny you post that because that was probably the last impressive fight in that show outside of the Berseria flashback.

Comparing ToZ to ToZX I have to say that the game at least had sense.
Anime made Sorey OP, giving him powers he originally never had. At this very moment, Sorey can do things a literal god couldn't - and all with actual use of a bit of said god's power passed to him through Lailah.
Also Ufo cut out every single important scene and plot twist.
Their adaptation is the most pointless and boring anime, where cgi water seems more interesting than shots of character's thinking faces.
I love tales.
I even enjoyed Zestiria's lore and characters.

But Ufotable ruined the anime.
The 2 Berseria episodes were most interesting of all 24. Now the 25'th episode will come out like this weekend if I remember correctly, and I have no hopes for them to redeem themselves without announcing Berseria adaptation.

>I was thinking of asking you to write an additional story for Fate/hollow ataraxia. The text you turned in that became Fate/Zero was amazing. Many anime fans want there to be a lot of cute bishoujo characters in the work, and while they work hard to meet those needs, Iwakami, an important producer at Aniplex, wasn't satisfied just by doing that. I suggested that he tackle Fate/Zero, a dark and serious story full of raw emotion. He had the resolve, and that's how they ended up adapting Fate/Zero.

Studio Deen presents.... Fate/stay night - HEAVEN'S FEEL, the story that is longer than Fate and UBW put together, in 90 minutes

Shame nobody cares much for the passion from the production team

>Ei Aoki: Chapter 1 was released in 2007, right? I think we started the actual work in 2006 or so? The first one we started production on was Chapter 2, right?

>Tomonori Sudo: We started with Chapter 2, and then it was Chapter 1... They were released six years ago? Well, no wonder I've gotten old.

>Ei Aoki: We never thought we'd still be doing "the Garden of sinners" six years later, did we? Back when we were doing Chapter 1, ufotable still wasn't even considered an up-and-comer. Although needless to say, TYPE-MOON was popular.

>Tomonori Sudo: You're right. I guess it's pretty clear that people started seeing our company differently around the time "the Garden of sinners" came out. Until then, I don't think we had any real hits, at least not anything major. That said, it's not as if internally, ufotable is any different before and after "the Garden of sinners". I always think, "It's still the same old, same old". (Laughs) Mr. Kondo used to say, "I want this place to be like Jump," Well, I guess that shows that he was already thinking of the company's future back then. And the people who directed each chapter of "the Garden of sinners" are still directing today.

>Ei Aoki: At first, there was no telling how far ufotable could go to bring a TYPE-MOON title to the screen. But now that six years have passed, people are saying, "I'm looking forward to 'recalled out summer'." "I've bought this many tickets!" I feel so grateful. In that sense, I really think it's become a happy title.

forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthread.php/2476-Kara-no-Kyoukai-Mirai-Fukuin-movie-film?p=2223826&viewfull=1#post2223826

youtube.com/watch?v=xI6gszVdQlU

Can't wait for their take on Touken Ranbu. The studio's best in-house animators are the main action animators for this and the anime has a consultant for the sword fighting styles.

Are Fukusawa and Kaijura the Aniplex composers?

The last thing I liked by them was that mahou shoujo movie.

Fuck off, Kara no Kyoukai, FZ and UBW were great.

I remember how prior to Fate/Zero everyone thought that there was no chance in hell of UFOtable snatching Fate from DEEN's cold, dead hands.

I remember people said the same thing after Fate/Zero because UFOtable displayed interest in continuing the story in one of their interviews. Once the PSV port of FSN was released, there were countless threads talking about a potential adaption and discussions on HOW they would adapt it.

Later, UFOtable announced on twitter that they begun production and officially revealed new adaptions of UBW and HF at some event. The hype levels were overwhelming!

Funny enough this overshadowed Mahoyo and the Tsukihime remake.

I'm surprised KnK was as good as it was. A small studio like them releasing seven movie in just two years is a pretty incredible feat.

knk 5

Ufotable CG is goddamn awful, and their quality isn't always good (both Fate series were plenty of still frame sequences)

Did Girls' Work die?

Yep. For Fate, Fate and more Fate. Nobody cares about Type-Moon's other series.

Do you know Gakuen Utopia Manabi Straight! ?