Microsoft's 'Meltdown' updates are reportedly bricking AMD PCs

>Spend $2000 on a computer filled with CIA nigger backdoors
>Backdoors become public knowledge
>Microsoft attempts to patch CIA nigger backdoors
>Patches brick your CIA nigger spying device
>Spend $2000 on another CIA nigger backdoor riddled computer

web.archive.org/web/20180109185039/https://www.engadget.com/2018/01/09/microsoft-halts-meltdown-spectre-amd-patches/

Other urls found in this thread:

meltdownattack.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=OKkJ-K8qPXo
youtube.com/results?search_query=gpu passthrough
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>AMD

I thought the issue was with Intel.

>be one in 7 billion people
>"sum+1 is watching me! zomgz help 2 speshal 4 dis worl cia wnt 2 bmtfo11!!"

Wait Hard or soft brick? Ones funny, one ain't that big a deal. You decide.

>bad, rushed patch focuses on galaxy-sized security hole in Intel systems, doesn't pay enough attention to what it does to AMD systems.

Two different vulnerabilities.
Meltdown is the more serious, and only impacts Intel CPUs (despite Intel's releasing stating otherwise). Spectre is less serious, but still serious, and affects Intel, AMD and ARM.

You still use Microshit. It's literally 5 years since Linux distros started working good, and you're still using that bullshit? What exactly is your fucking excuse? Is installing an OS too hard for your nigger ass?

Prolly to complicated for those on here with autism. Gotta have my win-durs.

this is how people think that have nothing to say

if you want freedom you need to be able to be anonymous at times

only retarded stupid fucks think it's ok for mass spying to take place

dumb chink, back to china with your gook commie logic

That's right - it's definitely not Linux that autists are far more likely to use, it's Windows.

Why would you download Linux on a mac?

>sum+1
Dumb austrian.
You're being watched by machines.
The machines will flag you once you do something the programmers don't like.

>not browsing Sup Forums on your commodore or amiga

heh

They always have this souless doll quality to them.

>Microsoft's 'Meltdown' updates are reportedly bricking AMD PCs

What's a microsoft?

can you 12 year olds stop speaking in memes and internet slang for 1 moment of your sad lives?

Ur dick

Using aple products
Are you gay?

Or have legit evidence of something they don't want you to upload on the net.

I have information that will lead to Hillary Clinton's arre-

you glow in the dark nigger

>the 4th amendment isn't important bc ???

Oh your not American. Checks out

>Ur dick

that's not what your mom said last night.

Can someone give me a quick rundown of what is Meltdown and whatnot. Every article explains it in laymans terms so I have no idea what the fuck is actually going on.
t. been living under a rock for past month

meltdownattack.com/ despite the scary URL has a really good synopsis of which is which, written by the very people who discovered both vulnerabilities.

>being this salty

>on a mac?
Top kek!!!

>Can someone give me a quick rundown of what is Meltdown and whatnot.

Intel backdoor was discovered, so their partner in crime released a "Patch" that didn't actually stop the backdoor, and merely bricked their compeditors processors.

Pretty typical behavior for microshit and sintel

Literally any store I go to be it Walmart or Costco they only give you the option of mac or pc, so if you don't want to download Linux on a pc, you have to do it on a mac. No other way.

The fucking update almost bricked my PC, left it stuck in a login loop until I launched in safe mode and managed to get the update started.

Thanks. After reading my money is on the NSA having the exploit program to read the data dump remotely. Also
>tfw processors manufactured since 1995 are vulnerable.

God DAMN, windows is the shittiest operating system in the fucking universe.

If it weren't for their DirextX monopolization on games, no one would be using it.

The whole OS is rigged as spyware, and not just for the government... microsoft spies on you constantly, and their online services are worse.

Koreans in the 90s still seemed to have souls but in a culture that stresses conformity and tribalism, it didn't last.

It is, but Microshit never misses an opportunity to fuck with hardware for their own purposes.

This is why everyone should be using GNU/Linux operating environments...

BECAUSE YOU CAN ACTUALLY VIEW THE FUCKING SOURCE CODE.

The windows registry is a fucking Joke, bloated mess...

The constant updates merely send all cached information to microsoft serves so they can spy on you..... like they tried to do with the X box one... the game console that spies on you constantly.

Windows is shit... and it HAS been shit since windows 98, service pack 2.

>tfw windows 10 and Intel CPU
>Reading some nice loli doujins
>Message pops up
>CIA nigger says I have good taste, recommends me some new ones which are great
>Once a week he checks in and we share our favorites

you'se trollin.

Even then
>the 12th article in the universal declaration of human rights isn't important bc ???

Why are you tripfagging? You are nobody. Kys, child.

That feeling when they got billion dollars, all resources/tools they need to hack, kill, and stuff and the US itself is still failing. What's point of hacking?

It's just a power trip.

Reminder: get a warrant, you fat fuck.
youtube.com/watch?v=OKkJ-K8qPXo

Because why would i build a gaming pc and then run linux.

I'd run you over if I were driving.

>Why are you tripfagging? You are nobody. Kys, child.

God damnit CIA... stop being so damned transparent.

Why would you install the win meltdown+Spectre update if you're on AMD??
AMD is safe but maybe/unproven vulnerable to Spectre 2

Are you even human? Using a new iMac at work, 1500 euros, it's so fucking slow that even my 2005 windows xp pc is faster.

>You still use Microshit. It's literally 5 years since Linux distros started working good, and you're still using that bullshit? What exactly is your fucking excuse? Is installing an OS too hard for your nigger ass?
two words:no games

>he doesn’t run a VM on his old Mac with a fucked keyboard

That's not true anymore.
youtube.com/results?search_query=gpu passthrough

I want to dig up your childhood pet and flog you with it’s corpse.

>it's so fucking slow that even my 2005 windows xp pc is faster.

You probably have a spinny disk because your employer is retarded. Or you have shitty "antivirus", spying, or backup software installed because your employer is retarded. Even the slowest possible MacBook will perform better than most PCs at typical day to day tasks just because the SSD is so much faster.

>Follow link out of curiosity
>Top vid is a numale furfaggot
Wow cant wait to get into this

>Macbook Pro is the best Windows laptop you can buy.
>Macbook Pro runs OS X natively, no hackintosh fuckery.
>Macbook Pro runs Linux just fine
Objectively speaking, the hardware is great. I understand if you have a gripe with Apple the company though.

>Disregarding tech because someone you don't like also uses it
Why don't you stop breathing since your at that self-segregation thing.

I never said it wasn't an OS for autists still.

But long story short, since last year if you have 2 video cards and your CPU is from this decade, you can pass one of the cards directly to a windows VM, and then you can run games from the VM as if it was directly from windows, and then close the VM and go back to use linux normally once you're done with the game.

So is there a class action lawsuit going?

>Not using TempleOS

>since 1995 are vulnerable
I don't remember is it was Win3.11 or Win95/98 but I was just browsing in the Registry using RegEdit and found a Key named FBI.

Wow you've totally broken my misconception that linux is for faggots and weirdos.

>linux is for faggots and weirdos.

did microsoft tell you that one?

You don't need two GPUs. VMWare seems to be able to use my only GPU to run video games in windowed mode, with pass-through enabled.

Gee, I had no idea that only Apple laptops and PCs could use SSD's.

I used to follow that back when it was called LoseThos. Terry's great.

I feel like Intel is doing it on purpose because AMD is gaining marketshare with Ryzen.

Because fuck finding drivers for my laptop that work for Linux.

Absolutely fucking this

>You don't need two GPUs

Tell that to the Voodoo 2 SLI, bitch.

>I feel like Intel is doing it on purpose because AMD is gaining marketshare with Ryzen.

Yeah, intel seems the type to employ this sort of sabotage bullshit.

What all this then?

>reportedly bricking AMD PCs
Diversity hires on tha loose woop woop

It doesn't matter what OS you run. Backdoors have been in inside the hardware since the big sellout of cisco in 2004.
When I'm doing shady stuff, I usually use an 68k mac mini with MorphOS. No known backdoors are known in this config.

That's nothing... I convert every text post into binary, and inscribe it into a magnetic tape with a magnetized needle... then I play it over the phone into my local 2,400 baud internet connection.

no known backdoors exist... but debugging an invisible binary series of magnetic domains can get a bit tricky.

It's almost guaranteed. Intel has been caught multiple times in the past pulling exactly this kind of anti-competitive, outright malicious behavior, all to utterly dominate and control their market.

People rail on Google and Facebook and the like, but don't even realize Intel is just as bad, if not worse, and unlike the former examples, you only really have one other choice, and a forced one at that.

That's nothing... I write letters using invisible ink.

>giving tripfags (you)s
kys

>(((Intel))) is just as bad
I have one for (((you))) too shitskin.

I telepathically imprint memories...you feeling that? Oh yeah you like that, huh? yeah...

Well, you can use ARM, sure, there are no games, but for commoner it is a choice.

>That's nothing... I write letters using invisible ink.

I made a medusa virus. in the GNU Image Manipulation Program.

>muh Athlon cpu
JUST

Literally what consumer grade PC uses an ARM processor? ARM is for FPGA type stuff, not your average consumer (yet).

When an AI has enough information it can predict the future.

>When an AI has enough information it can predict the future.

Nah, it's easier to just trick you into thinking it's predicting the future.

In the 90s we all seemed to to still have souls.

>on pc running win10
>get a popup about changing background picture

a..am i fucked?

Thank odin i have the M$ update service disabled by default, in win10 you can't even do that which is one of the reasons i will never switch from win7 fucking ever

Maybe demons are wandering the earth, stealing souls. I really wonder.

I wish they just made one piece of software that did what it was supposed to do and never fail. Instead of the endless "update" cancer that breaks stuff.

let them flag me a thousand times idgaf the holocaust is a myth blacks need to be genocided throw it on a public banner and stick my face on it for all I care.

why would I self-censor for a dumb government who can't even make fake terror attacks without getting caught? so maybe I am only 5/10 on the "freedom list" but I can walk to the wilderness and live alone for six months if I realllly want to. you could never do that ever, you are much less free than me in my eyes, living in an artificial world without wilderness. I don't want to change the world for the future I won't live in, I want a wood hut by the lake, simple fucking easy. the trick to living in a failing society is to know when your goals are too high.

>muh sacred paper!!!
money talks louder than your constitution.

>the future exists

you can't math that

I'm half tempted to outline technological telepathy. Fortunately for me I'm lazy right now.
>a..am i fucked?
Start worrying if windows updates happen that promptly disappear without a trace.

>I'm half tempted to outline technological telepathy.

Meh, I already know that shit anyway.

>needing technology for telepathy

uhh just stop talking?

i've been clicking "remind me tommorow" for one of their big update for some time now since the last one somehow fucked my fans and their thermal controls. had to uodate my BIOS to make them work again, whatever that is

Magic isn't real but a bitch who used to run DARPA running to the social media giants with the concepts for telepathy is.

>uhh just stop talking?

I never said that you NEEDED technology for telepathy, I just said that I know how technological telepathy works.

Stop assuming, you are making yourself look bad.

>Not telepathically dissociating

Ah yeah, this was on the news. WOOPS WE MADE A MISTAKE AND CREATED A BACKDOOR INTO EVERY CPU IN EXISTENCE HAHA SORRY GUYS OUR BAD and I thought to myself "this must be those goddamn CIA vault 7 negroes at it again"

And of course, Sup Forums is always right. The more these kikes openly fuck up, the more I am convinced the Ashkenazi 116 average IQ is a fucking lie, it's only 101 in Israel, which is significantly lower than European IQs.

I wonder how much Jewtel paid for that one.

>>Not telepathically dissociating

Nah, what's really fun is when the amnesia wall fails, and you discover all of the programming they were trying to implant you with.

Monarch trauma based mind control shit.... it's wild.