Dragon Ball Super

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EuMYKls0qUM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Other thread is full of Gine-hating assholes.

Let's stay here.

I just caught up to the anime, but the thread had quite literally nothing but shitposts in it. Why even have these threads if that's all that happens. I just want to discuss dragonball, dammit.

Would people like Dragon Ball Super more, if the animation was good and the writing was higher-quality?

Well of course.

>Would people like Dragon Ball Super more if it was better?

She's worthless, user. You better pray meme Saiyan is good.

Where are those 2 faggots arguing about bringing back dr. Gero I was thoroughly entertained

You're taste is the only thing that's worthless

Is there a raw of the new chapter? Link?

>Be a Saiyan
>Is a womanlet coward only good for cutting up meat REAL Saiyan women killed

Yeah, okay.

You already have short sleeves Goku what the fuck are you pulling them back for

It's an intimidation tactic desu.

The writing is fine

People pretend the old series didn't have the same hiccups Super does

>posting crops of the same image
now that is some shit-tier shitposting

She's the reason Goni got to Earth and wasn't a dick in the first place. Also probably the reason Raditz cared enough about his family to look for his brother, and partially why Bardock wasn't an asshole.

And she did fight, she just didn't enjoy it. She was part of the BD Crew.

What do you mean? These are profile pics. Was gonna get an opinion on which one would be best.

And that's awful storytelling better. It was thematically stronger when Goku was originally kicked off of his planet for being a weakling no one wanted and became the greatest Saiyan ever. Not that bullshit about Bardock having a bad feeling and Gine making sure his baby boy went someone else safe. Raditz is more in line of what the original Bardock would slightly respect because he's actually Saiyan-like. And I know she fought. She sucked at it thus making her a useless Saiyan and giving her an unnecessary connection with Goku.

Why are we talking about a noncanon literal who

Talk about the canon version of Broly with tits

>She's the reason Goni got to Earth and wasn't dick in the first place
>and wasn't a dick in the first place
Strange, I could've sworn it was the trauma that fixed that.

Fighting despite moral objections is a lot more admirable than Raditz's cowardice.

And a big theme of DBZ has been family. It started out with Goku revealing his son, meeting his brother, embracing the legacy of him d forefathers, eventually becoming a father once more, and then even a grandfather.

Vegeta even gets his own family, paralleling this. Why shouldn't Goku's special traits of relative innocence and ruthlessness come from his parents? The way they're presented even contrasts with his brother, who got the worst qualities of both instead of the best.

So you'd believe a baby hitting its head in a rock turned it good instead of a positive influence from its parents and guardian at a young age? The head trauma probably just knocked the fight out of him.

Because Goku isn't Vegeta. He had his own special thing. Now it's Generic Backstory 101. That's not better. It's boring. Goku is comfortable in his own skin & is glad to begone of Saiyans. Now, all of a sudden, his parents so happened to be the good ones. That's incredibly shitty. Goku forged his OWN family with Gohan and extended it with Chi-Chi and his sons. He didn't need his Saiyan heritage.

He can be influenced by his parents and still be distanced from them. It's just a case of history repeating itself in a way. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure Frieza had some kind of reccomection of Bardock upon seeing Goku. At best, King Vegeta got a few insults. Goku's dad even upstaged Vegeta's. It's just a thematic thing.

Besides, even if it's just "Generic backstory", Goku is still the first true hero of the Saiyans. According to Minus, Gine mainly took issue with the whole baby conqueror thing being dangerous for the kids, and Bardock was still an asshole in the original version of his movie. A Byronic hero at best. Goku's the only one to be straight good until post-Buu-resurrection Vegeta

There's the original Super Saiyan God and his 5 friends who fought to destroy all the evil Saiyans on Planet Vegeta, but that was a long time ago. Not knowing he was a Saiyan probably worked to Goku's advantage

That cheapens his bond with Gohan & friends. His parents had fuckall to do with his upbringing and it never should have went there to beging with. Freeza just remembered his face. He didn't know who the fuck Bardock was because he was a loser he never have the time of day for. His honor in being remembered is that he was first to catch a death ball. At least Vegeta had conversation. There's nothing thematic in tearing down what makes Goku special and sets him apart from the Saiyans. Especially when you make it so the Saiyans weren't "as bad" as we thought. That's a teenaged girl's logic. "They were just misunderstood." Goku is not a hero to the Saiyans. He's their anti-thesis. Even fucking Vegeta was baffled by him until the tail-end of the series. He is NOT supposed to represent Saiyans. He become his own man after being deemed trash. Gine worrying about shit like that when her husband is a mass murderer is even more retarded.

I never said he was a hero TO the saiyans. I said he was the only heroic one of them. He doesn't represent Saiyabs, he proves that they aren't destined to be bloody planet pirates. That they CAN be good. He's an anti-stereotype. A black science man. A white rapper. A Muslim peace activist. His parents just kind of show where that potential comes from, or show that he's not an outlier among Saiyans. Any saiyan is capable of being like him.

He was only tamed because he got hit in the head. All it proved was that the Saiyans were so savage that "Kakarotto" had to die just for the possibility of having a decent Saiyan. That's the type of humor Toriyama used to develop. Now there's no subtlety.

Yes, but that was retconned. Meaning it's not correct. Kakarotto was just being a dick, as babies tend to be in the arms of unfamiliar people.

Which falls back into if one considers Minus, there's nothing outstanding about Goku. He's a special little kid with special little parents and everything Goku builds about himself from learning about Raditz to becoming a Super Saiyan that was nothing like the legend described mean nothing. All along, he was tricked to think a certain way. That's not a good look. Toriyama had something good, decent going on and he squandered it with this retcon and made the world so much smaller.

Would Vegeta ever teach Napa or Raditz how to super saiyan?

His parents weren't that special. A higher-low-class Saiyan and a cafeteria worker are basically middle-class citizens at best. And anything "special" about them wasn't really taken advantage of beyond his anime personality genetics.

You're just finding things to get upset about. Just enjoy the show. It's not your job to "improve" it. You're shortening your life.

I didn't try that hard to notice how shitty Minus is. And I'm not particularly angry either. It just sucks how Toriyama had to grace us with this shit. The very being of the chapter changes the dynamics of Goku and 3 arcs worth of storytelling. I'd say you're just trying to make it okay just because but I didn't go there. And, sorry, no. Toriyama went out of his way to make them special. There was nothing wrong with them being faceless losers & having Goku be the reject. We didn't need to spin Saiyans in a positive light. We had Goku for that. Now any pure Saiyan is just misunderstood if they applied themselves apparently. Marginilizes Vegeta's growth too while I'm on. There's nothing special about being the worst type of amoral Saiyan when anyone can do it.

You know, it's almost like it's a metaphor for people. How they can be good or bad. How good influences can come from anywhere. And how it's easier to start out good if you come from a good place. But even if you've been the baddest, evilest, most prideful son of a bitch, those good influences can help redeem you, too, if you find 'em.

But what do I know, right?

Anyone?

Why are there two threads?

It's almost like the original message was solid & inspirational on its own, too and we had unnecessary padding that didn't enhance the narrative in the slightest, resorting to dramatic schlock.

But I'm just trying to rewrite the show, yeah?

You can see it your way, and I can see it mine. Let's just try to remember that neither are objective facts as long as someone dissagrees.

the blow to the head was just what made him forget his early memories of being from another planet.
Radditz had incorrectly assumed that the reason Goku was on earth was because he was assigned to go there, and thus the head bump must have erased his instructions. This is because he didn't know that Goku was sent there by Bardock.

Nothing about Goku's backstory was changed with minus. Bardock still stood up against Frieza and was killed, Bardock was still a pretty decent fighter (Remember that saiyans didn't have many elites, everyone else was "low class") The only thing that minus "retconned" was how old Goku was when he landed on earth.
Do people thing DBM somehow means Bardock didn't fight back against frieza?

Reminder that Goku's name is "Gokou"
Beerus is "Beers"
Buu is "Boo"
Mr. Satan real name is "Mark"
17 and 18 names are "Lapis" and "Lazuli"
and nobody knows Turtle Hermit's name, same about his sister

It's "Gokuu/Gokuh". Gokou is an improper rominization and doesn't properly pronounce it properly. Beerus and Beers are the same thing. The u is slurred like in Yamcha and Yamucha. There's no difference. One spelling simply gives you proper enunciation.

I'm going to say ss instead of ssj purely to trigger your ocd.

There's no need to say -jin anyway. Saiyan is fine (not that user, just the same one who's correcting him).

Even Japan writes it as just SS. The -j is a weeb thing

I want to fuck Gine

The Japanese still say and write Saiya-jin. It's only when they use English that they recognize our language doesn't use suffixes so they adjust their grammar.

Who /bestboy/ here?

He's cute but otherwise a letdown for shota.

user...

he will train one day...

Goten fans were warned early in Super to give up on him.

fuck chichi literally

This newfag insisted on making a new thread before the bump limit even though the other thread was already up from previous limit.

Why? Why are these autists doing this?
>implying it isn't one samefag

Everyone is stronger than Goku.

Fuck off Gog. Go back to Kanzenshuu you literal underage cunt.

Sup Forums is a bad place for discussion

>Frieza trains for 4 months and becomes God tier
>"He had so much potential and never trained a day in his life!"

>17 trains for around 13 years and becomes God tier
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Offcial U7 contestants ranking:
1. Kakarotto
2. Lapis
3. Buu
4. Kuririn
5. Lazuli
6 Prince Vegeta
7. KamiNailiccolo
8. Kame sennin sama
9. Tien Shinhan
10. Gohan

Should I catch up on the few episodes I'm behind on DB Super or go get some D
Is the 17 episode really worth it?

I'm Bari.

Does a shota need to be anything beyond cute?

Save it

Wew, thread saved

>The writing is fine

The old series hyped the power ups much more, which made their bulshit more acceptable. Super drops things like 17's training with throw away lines and doesn't even bother referencing his potential that people talk about in these discussions, just say that he got stronger.

Fuck no, he'd just kill them again because they're shitheads. And there'd be no point, they're both weak shits. Super Saiyan is just a multiplier. If you have a PL of 10 and turn into a Super Saiyan, you now have a PL of 500. Raditz's PL was around 1200 and Nappa's was like 4000. They'd make embarrassingly shit Super Saiyans.

Frieza is a mutant alien from a race we know little about.

17 is a teenager with robot parts.

It's fucking retarded.

Dr. Gero is rolling in his grave.

the writing is not fine
the voice acting is shit
goku is retarded now
the animation is worse than the original dragonball animation (higher quality but the aesthetic is crap)
the old series did not have these hiccups

The anime is fucking trash, but the voice acting is fine. Unless you're a filthy dubfag and you're referring to the Funi voices

nope, i find goku's voice to be overly exaggerated recently.
In DB and DBZ he was a lot less "dialecty"

>i find it to be shit
>therefore it is factually shit
what a cuck

I think there's some power level requirement to achieve super sayan. They would be as strong as Freeza saga Goku.

Too true, the writing is pretty much at an all time low, the series is consistent in one thing and that's being inconsistent too.

>I just want to discuss dragonball
You are in the wrong place for that.

And yet they never brought back Raditz while some characters died more than 3 times, or made an special episode with Goku meeting Gine and Bardock like he did with Grandpa Gohan.

The seiyuu are great, shut the fuck up.

>17 is a human modified at cellular levels which was stronger than SSJ and Freezer without training with unlimited stamina which allow him to train more than anyone else

FIFY.

Are you tell me that in 40~ hours, Shin and the other Kai's couldn't find ONE fighter in the rest of the universe stronger than Roshi? Even Krillin and Tien are liabilities.

What about other world people? Surely they have a vested interest of not being erased...Pikkon? Olibu? Cell? Freeza?

You're the retarded one.

Nothing can beat freezer in term of bullshit, 2 month to be SSB tier.

17 had 13 years to do that with unlimited stamina, he's also modified AT CELLULAR LEVELS.

Dead doesn't count, Freezer is also a piece of shit.

Roshi has a lot of technique and tricks to use in a tournament where you can't be killed.

Roshi has gotten more stronger since, and only a few opponent will be SSB tier.

Why? So you can end up having another Goku look-a-like that gets ruined by chichi?

No you see what you do is kill the Chichi before she ruins the Goku spawn.

Dragonballs. Dying is like going to disney land. You'd just end up with another pocket Goku/Gohan

Right, well how about giving Piccolo the lil thing? I mean Gohan turned out pretty good under him and Goten and Trunks weren't too bad.

Wouldn't happen. You're having too much wishful thinking. Even if it did happen, you'd never see the fruits of Piccolo's labor because the series wouldn't extend long enough for Goku jr jr.

The writing is actually good in terms of character-building but the consistency of how characters are portrayed in power is out of whack.
This is not a knock on the writing, as they simply don't strive for it, anymore; you can't criticize for for failing to do something that is not their intention. Someone doesn't fail at making a sandwich because they wanted a bagel.
Voice-acting is not shit, objectively.
Animation in the new arc is good. Hiccupy, but good.

Yes I need more kid gokus

youtube.com/watch?v=EuMYKls0qUM

Am i the only one who is glad to see 17 this strong?

He was modified at cellular level, unlimited stamina, great potential as stated by Toriyama, we don't know how he trained but he trained.

It's much more logical than freezer being SSB tier in only 2 month, freezer also proved that whis isn't needed to be SSB tier.

I'm just so glad to see him with a different personnality and to see being relevant.

>Faulconer babies think synth music that took a few minutes to compose is good.
lol.

traced ouchie

Let's play a game: Where's Goku's face?

Dragon Ball Super: Is the newest arc safe from power scaling? After all Master Roshi is fighting too... We talk to the producer.

> We are entering the TV anime’s new “Universe Survival” arc of Dragon Ball Super, the new Dragon Ball anime inspired by Akira Toriyama’s hugely popular manga. We have seen the series’ hero, Son Goku, take part in many intense battles against tough foes throughout Super so far, but in this new arc, we expect to see even more powerful opponents, assembled from across the many universes to participate in the Tournament of Power. With the stage set on such a magnificent scale, we have fans worrying if the series is safe from “power scaling (literally: power inflation),” after all, there are characters such as Master Roshi and Krillin who cannot hope to keep up with the power levels of these increasingly powerful foes. We asked the anime’s producer at Toei Animation, Hiroyuki Sakurada, a range of questions such as “Is the power scaling going to be ok?,” and “Can Master Roshi really fight in such a stage?”

Cont.

Akira Toriyama’s Ideas will Surpass the Power Scaling Worry

> Dragon Ball is the name of Akira Toriyama’s famous manga that was serialized in Weekly Shonen Jump (Shueisha) from 1984-95. The anime debuted in 1986, and Dragon Ball Super, a completely original story overlooked by Toriyama himself, began in July 2015. It starts after Goku’s fight with Majin Buu and touches on plot points such as meeting with the God of Destruction, Beerus, fighting a revived Frieza and a showdown with Goku Black.

In the new Universe Survival arc, we see a Tournament of Power, in which warriors representing each universe assemble to battle it out. Each universe must assemble 10 warriors to fight in this tournament, and the losing universes will be eradicated. Sakurada tells us that:

> “Regarding the new grand developments of this upcoming arc, when I asked Mr Toriyama how the series will progress, Toriyama himself proposed this new story. Receiving the bare bones of the story from Toriyama, I fleshed out the story and created what you will be seeing on your screens soon.” He also added that the fact there will be over 100 new characters from each universe was tricky indeed.

Zeno, who stands in a position above each universe’s gods, evaluated each universe, assigned them a rank – the results of which were that Goku’s universe, Universe 7, is second from the bottom. The fact that there are even stronger foes in other universes surprised a lot of fans, and resulted in some voices calling that this power scaling ruins the story.

Cont.

Sakurada tells us this idea of there always being an even stronger power has been with the Dragon Ball series for a long time.

> “Each time a new arc or series begins, the fans always worry about how it will turn out in the end, but Toriyama always seems to break through this issue. Although the scale of this next arc is on another level, there is no fear of any power scaling issues. After all, worlds that I can’t even imagine will be created in the future, so we will work our way through this power scaling issue.”

Isn’t Master Roshi Pretty Strong?

In the promotional artwork for the Universe Survival arc, we can see the warriors chosen to participate. The expected fighters, Goku, Gohan and Vegeta are here, but many fans are surprised to see Master Roshi among the roster. Although he was once the strongest fighter in the past, he has seen very little action in the recent series. Even in Dragon Ball Super, although he had a fight scene against Frieza’s army, he hasn’t really had much show time this series.

Cont.

When we ask whether Master Roshi can keep up with this power scaling, Sakurada tells us:

> “Isn’t Master Roshi pretty strong? There are things both he and Krillin can do. In addition to the question of Gohan getting his fighting instincts back, we can look forward to how these characters play their roles in this upcoming arc. It was Toriyama’s idea to assemble these ten characters, and I think it’s quite the interesting lineup. But getting all ten members together who are on that promotional image... Please look forward to it!”

In the Tournament of Power, all 10 members from each time fight at the same time in a battle royal. The universe who has the last remaining fighter, or the most remaining fighters at the end of the time limit, will be the victor. As there is a ban on flying, this battle’s focus will move to a primarily tactical based one. Due to this, there will most likely be a place for Krillin and Master Roshi to shine, even though their power level is lower than Goku’s.

In regard to the Universe Survival arc, Sakurada tells us

> “The series’ popular characters will form a team and participate in a dream match against even more powerful opponents from other universes. We will see who will join the team and how they will play their roles. When Dragon Ball was first serialized it was regarded as the best battle action manga in the world. Even now, there are unique qualities about it, and has a charm that exceeds language, generation and time. I hope I can show this same quality in the new Universe Survival arc. Please look forward to the action and excitement that awaits!” There will be an even more grand story, intense battles in this new arc and we think it’s something to really look forward to. As Goku always says, “I’m pretty excited!”

> The Team in the promotional art might not be the final team

Switching out Fat Buu for Fit Buu? Or a different character entirely?

I wonder who they are dropping Gohan for.