Kiki No Na Wa - Your Name

I just marathoned this Sup Forums. What should I expect?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ccolf06LEr8
youtube.com/watch?v=isyZX-SolgI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm 15 minutes in, does it get better?

Yes it does. Wait until the flashforward scene and nandemonaiya start.

>marathoned
You sure did.

You can't marathon a movie you dumb fuck

The movie is overrated, but still thought it was good.

>marathoned a movie

>Kiki

did a mod delete the other thread?

Yes, they did.

What happened?

Yeah and 50 years ago in the future the flat Earth will enter the Moon's orbit

I watched it today. The theater online said it was dubbed. Came in expecting bad voice acting, then the subtitles appeared.

god bless kimi no na wa

I like this new meme

I just marathoned this thread, does it get better?

The manga's better.

Nah, "I can't believe I marathoned a movie" was overrated.

ded thread ded franchise

How could they market this movie so badly?

I keep hearing that Shinkai confirmed that Mitsuha was trying to write the same message to Taki at the end of the movie
, has anyone heard this rumor and have a source? Pls I want to believe.

Didn't see anything wrong with the thread. Maybe there was a bit too much talk about Mitsuha's VA's singing career?

>spoiler

What message are you talking about?

daisuki, my man

When they were on the mountain and told each other to write their names down and Taki wrote "I love you" instead.

Hey, where does "Goshintai" play in the movie? Only song I can't place.

I think that was just a rumor by anons, and we kinda disproved it here since it didn't look like it was what she was writing, and she was surprised by seeing the message on her hand.

While I can't show you proof without until BDs come out when Mitsuha was writing her name she did one stroke, the left to right stroke could of been for す. If she were doing her name the first stroke for み would of looked different. Therefore it's easy to understand why Mitsuha would of written すきだ just as Taki did.

>Marathoned a movie

Ah, but she could've been writing her name in kanji, 三葉

Didn't her name start with the kanji for three? That's what I figured she was writing.

Yes, but she wrote it in hiragana earlier in the film, probably because of the stupid number of strokes needed for the second character.

I'm gonna speak out my ass here but wouldn't you write your name in kana in a scenario like this? The 2nd character in her name is 12 strokes, compared to the total strokes of her name in kana which is 6. Also the other user who mentioned she wrote her name in kana earlier in the film.

she didn't leave enough room for 3 characters though...

>but wouldn't you write your name in kana in a scenario like this?
Yeah probably, I think she new they didn't have much time left. But there's also the chance that she wanted to be sure he got the right name.

After the Zenzenzense montage, when Mitsuha(Taki), Yotsuha, and the Granny went on a hike to the body of the God (Goshintai) to place the Kuchikamizake.

That's one of my favorite piece in the soundtrack actually.

Another reason I thought of having her write her name in hiragana is the fact that you could read her kanji name in many different ways. 三 could be read as "san" or "mitsu" from the entry level shit I know about kanji. A 5 second on Jisho showed that 葉 could be read as "ha"
or "you" In the scenario if trying to have him remember a name hiragana would take out any possibility that it could be misread.

Ah right, thanks.

While the hiragana is faster, the kanji is her actual name, so he may have an easier time finding her with the kanji.

パークの危機なのだ!

Funny how Date is practically the same as Mitsuha's theme. And of course, that shows up again with Date 2.

Besides that and Dream Lantern/Katawaredoki, any other repeating themes in the soundtrack?

We can agree that Tessie was the best side character, right? Probably followed by Okudera.

Not from the movie soundtrack but Radwimps latest album "Human Bloom" has a lot of the same themes and melodies

Nope. Its Saya, followed by Yotsuha.

Tsukasa was best side character.

>Doesn't hesitate to commit an act of terrorism when asked by the girl he loves

Tessie confirmed for best supporting character.

How the fuck do you marathon a movie?

Also you just "marathoned" it and you're asking what to expect?

The fuck?

Whoever it was last week that mentioned that Mone Kamishiraishi did a cover of Nandemonaiya, thanks.

>marathoned a movie

I guess its not as bad those dumbasses marathoning an episode

>neo-Sup Forums responds to crossboarder lingo

No just drop it

You do know that the first stroke for mi is a straight line before it angles downward right?

hardly crossboarder
more like it's just easy as fuck to bait replies out of neo-neo-neo-Sup Forums

The only thing is there's probably like 2 people in Japan who actually use the "Sanyo" reading of that as their name.

not with her handwriting it's not.

She didn't write it like that before, though. Most Japanese people don't strictly follow those rules (you saw how sloppy Taki's 前 was in "Omae wa dare da" when he wrote that in Mitsuha's notebook). Mitsuha's no exception - when she wrote the name on his hand in hiragana before, she just did a curve downwards.

>burgerland sales

Only Minions movies ever sells there, their opinion is irrelevant.

You look like an idiot. Whats his face already confirmed she was going to write it and not her name. However, I must relent a little since user was regurgitating whet they already read and did not give cite.

Oh yeah I didn't take handwriting into account and assumed she writes it the same as I do.

btw if anyone hasn't seen this yet, AMC and Century theaters extended showings up to like next wednesday/thursday

atleast that's what it says on fandango and AMC's site.

Yeah, my theater in Cleveland seems like it extended another week too, though with more limited showings. Guess I'm going another 3 times.

I guess it's doing better than they expected. Don't think I want to pay to see it again though. Already saw it twice in theaters, twice on planes, numerous times on my computer.

Where is Cleveland?

in*

lolololol amerifats finally catching up months after the rest of the world.

late for the war, late for your name.

Cedar Lee Theater. Also looks like somewhere else in Valley View is doing it, but that's way too far for me.

> extended another week
And here I was in a rush to see it as many times as possible because I thought it was was only going to show for opening weekend like the rest of the anime movies we burgers get. time to see it a few more times

youtube.com/watch?v=ccolf06LEr8

Shitty animu romance for teenagers. Enjoy

>for once someone actually uses marathon instead of the normalfag term
>it's a shitpost
Almost thought I found a thread that wasn't part of neo-Sup Forums.

Looks like Mitsuha ate a few too many pancakes.

just such a great movie

It was really good. Super emotional in ways I wasn't expecting. The entire thing got super intense beginning when Taki couldn't see the star overhead after the date.
It felt like there was an intense bit like halfway through where it seems like things are coming to a resolution and Mitsuha's friends are gonna help, it reminded me of like episode 8 or 9 of Steins;Gate where Suzuha goes back in time and then leaves the "I failed" note, where everything is falling apart at once.
They both waited for each other for so long Sup Forums ;_;

taki is lewd!

that's fucking episode 16, but yeah

just wait for steins;gate 0 too

Have you gotten your poster from your local theater yet?

I've seen it 5 times in cinemas. How many times have you seen it, Sup Forums?

I asked last night and they said no, since they're running the movie for another week.

2 times in cinemas.
Gonna watch it a third time next week.

Also 5. Going to go up to 8 if I can, though. Or more.

A boy falling in love with a girl and who isn't able to confess.

Just watched it my 2nd time yesterday, you anons were right it was better then 2nd time. The last showing within a 2 hour drive is today so i'm probably not going to be able to watch it.

came here to post this

Ordered a B2 movie poster from Japan, since it'll actually fit with my other weeb posters, which are also B2s.

I was half expecting them to just keep on walking at the end. Thankfully this had a happy ending.

I think knowing what Shinkai usually does made the ending just that much more satisfying. It's like, yeah, it might not always work out, and it might usually not work out, but sometimes, it actually can.

6, am seeing it one last time on friday after that I would literally have to go to NYC that's 90 minutes away.

I have seen this 3 times. Only once was sober. it was the best way

Mitsuha NO!

Please do not lewd the small town girl.

What if it's Mitsuha (Taki)? She has the ponytail, not the braid.

No lewd.

It most certainly is. Ponytail, white panties, and riding tessies bike just like in the movie.

Plus the braided cord on her(his) left hand. That's definitely Taki.

>#1 in the Japanese box office for 14 weeks, 13 weekends
>Earns 20 billion yen and counting to surpass Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets in Japan
>Reached 10 billion yen 9 days faster than Frozen
>Wins LA Film Critics Award
>Has become the no. 1 highest-grossing Japanese movie in China
>Has become the no. 1 movie in Thailand
>The film immediately topped Korea's box office opening on 555 screens all around the country which is a new record for the Japanese film.
>Also dominated China breaking the all-time records for the most advance tickets sold and the fastest film to reach 100 million yuan ($ 14 million or 1.7 billion yen), with the first 100 yuan earned in just the film's opening day.
>The film also dominated the charts of Hong Kong and Taiwan becoming the number 2 and top highest grossing Japanese film on the respective countries
>Inexplicably jumps 41% in the Japanese box office and climbs from 7th place to 3rd place in one week
>Still in the top 10 in the Japanese box office towards the beginning of 2017
>Now grossed US$331 million.
>Surpasses the box office gross of Spirited Away (US$289.1 million), making it the highest grossing anime film of all time.
>Is approved by Shinzo Abe and used by Cool Japan to spur tourism in Japan.

So this is meme magic. Not bad.

I can always count on /a to catch all the details.

wich version is best so far?

did you get invited to the wedding?

Subs is probably the best one, because Mitsuha's original voice is just perfect. Same with Taki's.

The music is great too, and it's a very enjoyable listen while slightly tugging at the heartstrings.

But I tried listening to the English version of Nandemonaiya, and I fucking lost it.

youtube.com/watch?v=isyZX-SolgI

I'm not sure why but this made the tears fall down non stop. I guess it's different actually listening it in your own language than just reading the subtitles of the song.

grandma was 82 when the comet hit, shes probably gone by 2021.

She married an architect, what the fuck is Mitsuha's dad's problem?

>tfw can't find your fated waifu because of bullshit kira kira name