Kara no Kyoukai: The Garden of Sinners

Honest thoughts on Kara no Kyoukai: The Garden of Sinners?

From start to finish I really had no idea what the fuck I was watching, but I liked it.

2deep

It's chuuni kino

The 5th movie was the best. The rest are varying kinds of ok except for some scenes.

I enjoyed the Paradox Spiral, that 5th movie is too good.

Can anyone beat shiki?

One of few good Type-Moon things. Other good things are Fate/Zero and Prisma Illya
Godlike OST.

Secondary shiteater detected.

>great OTP
>OTP's seiyuu actually married
>Mana is miracle of the universe
I still doesnt understand why Sup Forums hates it though.

Welcome to my filter.

I started with Tsukihime VN, read FSN VN, lots of side material. And, honestly, it was all average. Took me few years to understand it though.
Nasu is a hack and fuck his mobage.
KnK is still holding great in my heart.

I don't believe you.

So basically we have this bitch named Shiki. (Obviously a ripoff from the MC of Tsukihime, heck she even has the same powers too!) and she fights ghosts and stuff. The movies aren't chronologically ordered and I don't know what the fuck is the reason. It might be they're being pretentious or they're just fucking retards who doesn't know how to structure a story.

The female protagonist is obviously because of the feminists who worked on the story and wanted "a strong, independent woman." which just makes me so fucking mad because it's so fucking boring. She literally is a blank slate. Good thing they added a male main character, but guess what? He's useless as fuck, and has the personality of a fucking onion. They made him useless as fuck because the feminists would get butthurt if they see the male MC could do everything the female MC can, but better, just like in real life. They also added some sexual scenes because the landwhales who worked on the show secretly wanted to be sexually assaulted but no one would want to fuck them even if they went buck naked since they're an abomination.

I really had a hard time finishing the movies because it's like someone just paid a literal who to write the script because the staff didn't care enough. And of course, normalfags like it because they haven't read Tsukihime, the animation is pretty good (Although it's just to be expected since it's a fucking movie.), and female protagonists are rare in anime. These faggots literally praise the series like it's the best thing since sliced bread even though they didn't understand what the fuck is going on in the story because they're a bunch of retards.

Personally, the show doesn't deserve a score above 2/10. Anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot.

Why did you play Type-Moon games if you didn't like them?

This isn't Reddit. Take your tl;dr shit elsewhere.

Because he's lying.

Forgetting something..?

Sorry.
I also forgot another good Type-Moon thing - Melty Blood games.
I used to like them. A lot. but I don't trust Nasu anymore implying he's going to do anything new ever again lol it's all about shitty mobage now , and would never replay FSN or Tsukihime ever.

Did Mahoyo leave a bitter taste in your mouth?

I still have to read it to be honest.
I'm avoiding it, because Aoko is one of my favorite characters and I'm afraid to be disappointed.

It's pretty fun, confusing at first, but fun.

Boring pretentious shit.

5>2=7=4>1>3>

Mujun Rasen (Paradox Spiral) is the best movie. Hands down.

Well he won't be the only one

Yeah, I'm sure you """""forgot"""""

What's wrong with 6? Miura?

Dropped it after 4, it seemed like pretentious drivel to me.

>feminists who worked on the story

lol

Reddit: The Post

No, but keep doubting me.
But if you really think countless Fate spin-offs and mobage are as good as KnK or FSN, you either horrible fanboy, or have no taste.

Mi*ra

Nasu's work was so detailed and internally consistent. People will question this consistency due to the introduction of exceptions to rules (especially prevalent in Fate onward), but in the past, there was always a solid, non-bullshit explanation - concepts, though occasionally convoluted, made sense. Even more so than that, his characters had a way of exceeding the limits of their basic descriptions. Kara no Kyoukai and Tsukihime read more like plays rather than the anime that most light and visual novels try to mimic. The characterization has effort put into such that the characters transcended their archetypes and became something more, something sympathetic. His characters had to evoke emotion because he didn't have the benefit of flashy visuals or huge art budgets before Fate. All he has wasTakeuchi (who clearly isn't always the best influence, but he is what he is).

Looking back on it, Nasu isn't and probably never was quite as good as Urobuchi or Meteo or Romeo, but he did his best. His world was interesting and had a sense of moderation and care put into it that was charming.

But I can't say that about Type-Moon or the Nasuverse anymore. I can't just blame Fate for it. The only thing I can fathom happening was that Nasu stopped caring. His work just doesn't have the passion it used to. Mahoyo was what truly made me lose hope, because it is so overly polished that it has no soul, and Aoko, Alice, Soujuurou, and even Touko are miserably boring characters compared to the charming ones I remember even within Fate/Stay Night. The powerlevels have gotten too out of control, losing the well-toned sense of restraint the Nasuverse once had.

And I've lost all hope of this stopping. Because it's popular, even though it's dumber than it's ever been.

I didn't say shit about those. Stop putting words in my mouth secondary-kun.

Best girl

Can I just watch movie 5?

Stop your blogposting fucktard. Nobody cares about your hot opinions.

Why are you replying to pasta?

>permitting anything that fails to follow the thematic and setting conventions established by Rakkyou, Tsukihime, F/SN, and DDD
>possibly believing Extella remotely managed to capture those conventions at any point
>insipid fanservice garbage at worst which utterly destroys Nero's character
>the most inconsistent braindead shounen idiocy at best
>not full autism rage at the state of the setting and Nasu's increasing incompetence, given the existence of F/GO
>EX rank fucking everywhere on everyone
>all of these pathetic attempts at humor in the years following Mahoyo's fumbling publication
>now all the fucking memes are the most prominent thematic and setting conventions within Type-Moon works because they've been used more than the original ones Nasu wrote of during TM's first 7 or so years from 1998 to 2005
>Tsukihime remake never, which is probably not a bad thing
>TM will never return to creating deep characters with strong ideologies, complex world building, thought provoking conflict, evocative and expertly written prose, etc

Watch the whole series retard.

Is someone literally copypasting posts from that place?

Watch 2 - 4 - 3 - 5 - 7 - 8. 1 and 6 are not necessary to the plot and are basically filler.

>Dropped it after 4
So fucking close. At least watch the 5th movie, user.
5 is way better than the rest.

Yes.

I didn't read it, just saw a block of text and did what had to be done.

>Honest thoughts
My honest thoughts is that you should fuck off because you abd a bunch of fags are always decades late.

Well then stop throwing word around you don't understand. A post longer than three lines is not blogposting.

>there are people on Sup Forums right now that haven't watched Evangelion

They complerely ruined original plot from ranobe. It was edgy but decent and with a nice antagonist

I've read its comic version till the end (best ending)
I've watched EoE
I've watched rebuilt 1-2-3
But, I never watch its TV series 2bh.

1 is the best movie though

Was it THAT bad?

I enjoyed the 6th movie despite the changes.

5 is the best. 3, 7, 8 and 2 are very good, 4 is average but necessary, 1 and 6 (and the rest) are filler.

the chapter was good

the only thing the movie has is shiki in uniform, and cute azaka
also cute dog

>KnK Chapter 1 director went on to direct Fate/Zero
>KnK Chapter 6 director went on to direct UBW
>KnK Chapter 8 director went on to direct Heaven's Feel

the most profound and thought provoking movie is definitely not filler, user
also
>6 is filler
granted the anime ruined it but it's very relevant to 7

Everything is said. Well done.

What happen to KnK Chapter 5 director?

I need to rewatch it then. I really don't remember it was that good.

All in going to say is Lio must have drank a lake to produce that much saliva when molesting Shiki in Movie 7

He directed Gyo, Majokko, and God Eater.

>comic
Eat shit.

His origin is eating, it is normal he has so much saliva.

Was it rape?

The girls in Kara no Kyoukai are also beautifully presented.

Terao: There are long haired girls in both Chapter 1 and 3, to present the different levels of long hair, I kept thinking about how to best showcase the beauty of Asian females (laughs), and ended up using highlights while the character is moving to showcase the hair's moving luster.

>God Eater
Where did he lose his way?

I'll throw around whatever I feel like faggot

I enjoyed it.

>Gyo, Majokko, and God Eater
Oh man, he lost his touch.

Yes.
At least, sexual abuse.

Hopefully

He still has it in terms of visual presentation, he just needs to work with better material. Hopefully he does storyboards for one of the Attack on Titan episodes since he's good friends with Tetsurou Araki.

Holy shit stop trying so hard to fit in, newfag.

He was too autistic to put it in, but he definitely made her real uncomfortable

Attack on Titan is garbage though

Why doesn't ufo recognize him?

Guess that means Shiki joins the pantheon of impure Type-Moon girls like Sakura and Rin.

>Fujino killed ALL her rapist in the most painful inhumane way
>Sakura only has one "rapist" and he's still fucking alive now

Since she is married and has a child, yes.

Wormslut is on a level of her own

Hirao's good friends with Araki, it would be the first time he's helped out. The last time he did, we got the legendary matrix boob scene in HOTD.

Sakura and Rin are sluts by nature. It all stems from the mother.

>Rin is a slut
Not this meme again

Tohsaka family did nothing wrong.

Nothing wrong with being a slut. Rin is a strong, independent woman.

>(Obviously a ripoff from the MC of Tsukihime, heck she even has the same powers too!)

How is it a ripoff when the KnK was written before Tsukihime? Hell, some of the novels were given along with the First Tsukihime CDs.

>KnK is TM first prototype series
>Orange haired boy in movie 5 is FSN Shirou base character
>This purple haired slut is probably Sakura base character
DEEPEST LORE

She's not independent when she needs to please old men for money.

Sort of flat and low energy. I enjoyed spinny girl though.

>I didnt read the VN

>read VN
>ever

Most of his characters are variations of his previous writings. He mashes them together to create something new or tries to flash out a character he thought had bigger potential. Story themes and overall plot often mirrors something he wrote in the past too. He often has mono no aware present in his works. Originally he was inspired by Evangelion which shows in his works starting from Mahoyo and Angel Notes. Nowadays he doesn't even bother anymore since Fate allows him to reuse characters left and right.

Tsukihime, for example, has Arc chained to a throne in the Millennium Castle, which in turn is the idea he used for Ado Edem being chained in the crack of the continent, made by another individual, as he is considered pretty dangerous for everyone
>Shirou ties back to Enjou Tomoe.
>Rin is Misaya is Azaka is the haughty tsundere
>Sakura is Fujino is the rape victim.
>Kotomine is Araya is Nrvnqsr is the stern intellectual antagonist voiced by Jouji Nakata.
>Gilgamesh is Alba is Roa is the extremely powerful but arrogant antagonist.
>Kotomine works with Gil and they're bros, Araya works with Alba (once upon a time they were probably bros), and Nrvnqsr and Roa are bros, too.
>Tamamo is an expy of Kohaku's Magical Amber persona
>Matthew is FSN stray servant + White Sakura from Fate Extra.
>Underestimated Shiki/Zelretch/Shirou so Nrvnqsr/Crimson Moon/Gilgamesh got his ass handed despite he normally being super strong I swear guise

Nasu reuses, mixes, mutates in his works everything he can. Everything new is a rehashed old sometimes with some fresh additions. But it's how the world is. Everything new is well-forgotten old. Following this rule he can spin stories non-stop.

Do you feel smart when you take the bait?

Shinji is dead in 2 of 3 routes bro.

Father*. Tokiomi is a player and canonically impregnated at least 1 European chicks while married to his wife

The light novels were great. I really feel like Nasu exerted himself with Kara no Kyoukai.
On the other hand, the movies were a mess. They completely screwed up the novels' plot and lengthy dialogues. They felt like a dumbed-down version of the original, with lots of image filters and overall shitty visual direction.

You're saying Rin has a half-sibling?

The movies are pure kino

>kino
Can you stop using this word?